>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Archives
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #31
Number Cruncher
Time to go.... NOW
 
Number Cruncher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Methuen
Posts: 7,125
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $277500
My Mood


Number Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a life
Number Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
Exactly, its stupid to say deserve to lose....they did not play their best game, and believe it or not....they are not the only team who does that, they just do it less than most other teams, they put themselves in a spot to pull out a win in a game they did not play well in and it did not work out...thats about it.

stupid??? really??? To my thinking, when, as you said, "they did not play their best game" then you do somewhat deserve to lose.

And you can fall back on they had a chance to win at the end, but if we're going to rely on bonehead plays by running backs not protecting the ball in situations where nothing other than that matters, then it will be a long, painful season of losses. Deserved losses.

The fact is this high powered offense did bupkis for three quarters. They were anemic. Pathetic even. Maybe the defense didn't deserve to lose, but the offense sure as heck did. And when one area of the team breaks down this badly, an overall loss is, in fact, deserved. Throw in Special Teams play and the "they deserved to lose" aspect is magnified.

And what's your point about my "believing or not" that they aren't the only team to put out a less than spectacular effort. So they play less bad games than the Buffalo Bills. Big effin deal. They are and they should be held to a higher standard that "most other teams".

Just one man's opinion (not stupid)....
__________________
Every battle is won before it is fought.
- S. Tzu

They say I'm lazy, but it takes all my time.
- J. Walsh

I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins.
I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in.
I'm proud to be a glutton, and I don't have time for sloth.
I'm greedy, and I'm angry, and I don't care who I cross.
- W. Zevon
  Number Cruncher is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Cruncher View Post
stupid??? really??? To my thinking, when, as you said, "they did not play their best game" then you do somewhat deserve to lose.

And you can fall back on they had a chance to win at the end, but if we're going to rely on bonehead plays by running backs not protecting the ball in situations where nothing other than that matters, then it will be a long, painful season of losses. Deserved losses.

The fact is this high powered offense did bupkis for three quarters. They were anemic. Pathetic even. Maybe the defense didn't deserve to lose, but the offense sure as heck did. And when one area of the team breaks down this badly, an overall loss is, in fact, deserved. Throw in Special Teams play and the "they deserved to lose" aspect is magnified.

And what's your point about my "believing or not" that they aren't the only team to put out a less than spectacular effort. So they play less bad games than the Buffalo Bills. Big effin deal. They are and they should be held to a higher standard that "most other teams".

Just one man's opinion (not stupid)....


You win or lose, deserving has nothing to do with it. Being held to a higher standard is fine, being held to a higher standard than any team in NFL history, sorry its not going to happen. This team has been to 5 superbowls in the past 10 years, thats every other year they are going to the superbowl....they have not had a losing season since 2000, thats 11 years...they have missed the playoffs twice in those 11 years...that is a standard nobody has, but thats what they did...so when they lose their 3 or 4 losses a year....I cannot just start to bash them the way others can...it seems they have spoiled a few fans, which is too bad.
  midgar8784 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 71,431
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981470540
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
You win or lose, deserving has nothing to do with it. Being held to a higher standard is fine, being held to a higher standard than any team in NFL history, sorry its not going to happen. This team has been to 5 superbowls in the past 10 years, thats every other year they are going to the superbowl....they have not had a losing season since 2000, thats 11 years...they have missed the playoffs twice in those 11 years...that is a standard nobody has, but thats what they did...so when they lose their 3 or 4 losses a year....I cannot just start to bash them the way others can...it seems they have spoiled a few fans, which is too bad.
so we become complacent and accept that they played horrible yesterday because they have not had a losing season in 11 years?

no you expect them to maintain that level when you consider the two previous rebuilding years (defensively) were pretty dam good.


Middy it is ok to question the patriots, it is our job as fans or we end up with a regime that doesn't give a hoot. Demand the best as you would from your mechanic, plumber, builder, cook, mailman (ok stretch) or fireman.

I mean in your would no fires in 11 years means let the firemen get fat and lazy because of past accomplishments...no you want the best you ask for the best.
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #34
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
so we become complacent and accept that they played horrible yesterday because they have not had a losing season in 11 years?

no you expect them to maintain that level when you consider the two previous rebuilding years (defensively) were pretty dam good.


Middy it is ok to question the patriots, it is our job as fans or we end up with a regime that doesn't give a hoot. Demand the best as you would from your mechanic, plumber, builder, cook, mailman (ok stretch) or fireman.

I mean in your would no fires in 11 years means let the firemen get fat and lazy because of past accomplishments...no you want the best you ask for the best.


I expect them to not be perfect in every game...that is what I expect. I have to, because they are humans. I am a fan, but I cannot expect 16-0 every year, because its just not rational. We can say they played bad, they would say the same, but during the few games they lose every year I do think we overreact quite a bit....we played bad, lets play better next week, or we played bad, our Qb is a timid pile of shit, our oline sucks, our receivers cannot catch....I guess thats a bit much to me.
  midgar8784 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #35
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 71,431
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981470540
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
I expect them to not be perfect in every game...that is what I expect. I have to, because they are humans. I am a fan, but I cannot expect 16-0 every year, because its just not rational. We can say they played bad, they would say the same, but during the few games they lose every year I do think we overreact quite a bit....we played bad, lets play better next week, or we played bad, our Qb is a timid pile of shit, our oline sucks, our receivers cannot catch....I guess thats a bit much to me.
no one is saying they suck, that is hyperbole.


I will say I expect perfection and if you ask BB or Tommy Boy he will agree. Tommy said: Coach says every play is a scoring play if we all do our job to the level expected (or something like that I was still asleep when he said it)

so both BB & TfB expect it so why shouldnt I? are they better than I?
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #36
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
no one is saying they suck, that is hyperbole.


I will say I expect perfection and if you ask BB or Tommy Boy he will agree. Tommy said: Coach says every play is a scoring play if we all do our job to the level expected (or something like that I was still asleep when he said it)

so both BB & TfB expect it so why shouldnt I? are they better than I?

I guess I try to be more rational....I am actually more shocked that they have been able to play this well, be this consistent for as long as they have. I guess its more about the way I look at it.
  midgar8784 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #37
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 71,431
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981470540
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
I guess I try to be more rational....I am actually more shocked that they have been able to play this well, be this consistent for as long as they have. I guess its more about the way I look at it.
i feel that way from the end of the season (hopefully in February on a positive note) until game one. During the season it is all in every game and pray I get a return worthy of my fandom
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #38
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
i feel that way from the end of the season (hopefully in February on a positive note) until game one. During the season it is all in every game and pray I get a return worthy of my fandom
I said to myself after the superbowl in 2001...believe it or not, that I would never ask for anything more. I just wanted them to win one freaking time in my life....in the past decade, they have surpassed anything I could have hoped for...its just hard for me to start throwing eggs at them now. BB, Brady and kraft has been the 3 constants in that time period....I heard Montana the other day on yourtube say, its amazing that they have won with different teams...meaning changes all over the offense and defense, and in the coaching staff...and it is..its amazing to me, because nobody else is doing that....Teams make runs and then vanish back down...I am not sure what else I can ask for...I guess after brady and BB are gone, people will look back with a bit more fondness for exactly what they did, and if it ends now, if the team goes 8-8, if this is it? I will have to just be ok with it for awhile.
  midgar8784 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #39
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 71,431
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981470540
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
I said to myself after the superbowl in 2001...believe it or not, that I would never ask for anything more. I just wanted them to win one freaking time in my life....in the past decade, they have surpassed anything I could have hoped for...its just hard for me to start throwing eggs at them now. BB, Brady and kraft has been the 3 constants in that time period....I heard Montana the other day on yourtube say, its amazing that they have won with different teams...meaning changes all over the offense and defense, and in the coaching staff...and it is..its amazing to me, because nobody else is doing that....Teams make runs and then vanish back down...I am not sure what else I can ask for...I guess after brady and BB are gone, people will look back with a bit more fondness for exactly what they did, and if it ends now, if the team goes 8-8, if this is it? I will have to just be ok with it for awhile.
I did too...I lied


I am enjoying this for I know a day will come and teh dark days will return. not looking forward to those times but every good thing must come to an end, hopefully in the far off distant future
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #40
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
I did too...I lied


I am enjoying this for I know a day will come and teh dark days will return. not looking forward to those times but every good thing must come to an end, hopefully in the far off distant future
it will not bother me as bad...because its a new thing...one bad thing about your team being good for a long period of time, is the heartbreaking losses...when you are a 7-9 team or a 6-10 team....you do not expect anything, you just look for improvement, and no matter how small it can usually be found.......I never felt the killer blows from the Patriots that I have in the past 12 years. Even the superbowl losses, I did not really expect to win those in the 90's and 80's, I was just happy that the media remembered who we were, now there are days I wish they would forget.
  midgar8784 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #41
dchester
Snoop Dog
 
dchester's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wistah
Posts: 22,329
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $655986


dchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that good
dchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that gooddchester should plot to take over the world, they're that good
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
no one is saying they suck, that is hyperbole.
Where is Bruschi 3:16 posting these days? He'd probably be saying we're getting the first round pick next year.

__________________
"The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
  dchester is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
Canadian
Registered User
 
Canadian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $293304


Canadian does not suck assCanadian does not suck assCanadian does not suck assCanadian does not suck assCanadian does not suck assCanadian does not suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchester View Post
Where is Bruschi 3:16 posting these days? He'd probably be saying we're getting the first round pick next year.


For Welker?
__________________
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6172&dateline=1347910193

As a free man I deserve the right not to be monitored.
  Canadian is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
grog
Chief Instigation Officer
 
grog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 9,766
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1396250
My Mood


grog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirate
grog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Back during our run of back to back super bowls I remember many a poster saying some if these early season losses are a good thing. BB used them to point things out, get the teams attention, and make them respect every opponent. Nothing I saw yesterday was terrible and everything seemed correctable. The oline can and will get better, the play calling will improve, and the wins will come
__________________
_____________
Grogsox
  grog is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 71,431
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981470540
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Back during our run of back to back super bowls I remember many a poster saying some if these early season losses are a good thing. BB used them to point things out, get the teams attention, and make them respect every opponent. Nothing I saw yesterday was terrible and everything seemed correctable. The oline can and will get better, the play calling will improve, and the wins will come
Yes sir, an early knock back allowed BB to marine them... Knock 'me down and build them up.
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #45
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 50,266
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $932087
My Mood


Jaric is a splendid one to beholdJaric is a splendid one to beholdJaric is a splendid one to beholdJaric is a splendid one to behold
Jaric is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
For Welker?
I'd consider giving you the colts 3rd round pick if we hadn't already given up our second rounder.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.