>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Five Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #271
spacecrime
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hanging with the Howler Monkeys
Posts: 4,079
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $403250


spacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets it
spacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets itspacecrime gets it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
I said "know nothing about football", not "you're a ****ing idiot".

Now, for example, if someone put words in my mouth, while vastly overreacting and contributing nothing to the conversation nor noting the facts I put forth, in that case I might call someone a ****ing idiot...
Because there is such a huge difference between someone who knows nothing and someone who is an idiot?

Whatever, dude. Parse it any way you want. If you think your opinions are facts, and people who don't agree with your opinions know nothing, that is the point I was trying to make, that this mindset sends threads quickly spiraling downward. This thread set a new record, that's all.

I'm just sad that after being a Giants fan from mid 50's until 1960 and a Pats fan since then, I know nothing about football.
  spacecrime is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #272
aloyouis
at least generally aware
 
aloyouis's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wait, what?
Posts: 4,978
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $156500
My Mood


aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmooney54 View Post
I'd take Kap.Under a good coach, he got his team to the SB.He would be better than JB if it came to that.
I wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole. The child is a cancer.
  aloyouis is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #273
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 21,796
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $560407
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
There's only one reason Kaepernick isn't playing in the NFL. The NFL season saw a significant drop in their television ratings after the media caught him sitting for the anthem. There are polls that have suggested that fans were boycotting the NFL because of Kaepernick-inspired protests and that contributed to the decline in ratings. It polarized people.

Make no mistake, Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention. The media created the circus. I don't like what he did and didn't support it. But his message and the reason why he did it? He's right.

As far as the Castro thing, that was more about Malcolm X than Castro, but when pressed as to why he was wearing it, he answered “One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that." He's correct on that front, too.

I am a person that had relatives in Cuba when Castro's regime went in and took over Battista's country. They lost everything and escaped with the shirts on their backs. I do not support Castro nor communism. But Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention he got and continues to get, proving his original message of a country that dismisses black people at the drop of a hat is pretty accurate.

And he's a better QB than Brissett.
  PatsFanLisa is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #274
thomas144
Bandwagon Fan
 
thomas144's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winchester, MA
Posts: 7,319
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $216750
My Mood


thomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzler
thomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzlerthomas144 really knows how to handle a Twizzler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTim View Post
No disrespect for the GOAT, not EVER, but it would also be one hell of a hoot to win the trophy with buttfumble under center. .



Cheers
Interesting thought. Maybe bringing Dan Marino out of retirement to win the superbowl would be a better outcome.
__________________
"As a rule, I never post anything on the internet when drunk, but when I do, I post on Patriots Planet."
  thomas144 is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #275
aloyouis
at least generally aware
 
aloyouis's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wait, what?
Posts: 4,978
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $156500
My Mood


aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
There's only one reason Kaepernick isn't playing in the NFL. The NFL season saw a significant drop in their television ratings after the media caught him sitting for the anthem. There are polls that have suggested that fans were boycotting the NFL because of Kaepernick-inspired protests and that contributed to the decline in ratings. It polarized people.

Make no mistake, Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention. The media created the circus. I don't like what he did and didn't support it. But his message and the reason why he did it? He's right.

As far as the Castro thing, that was more about Malcolm X than Castro, but when pressed as to why he was wearing it, he answered “One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that." He's correct on that front, too.

I am a person that had relatives in Cuba when Castro's regime went in and took over Battista's country. They lost everything and escaped with the shirts on their backs. I do not support Castro nor communism. But Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention he got and continues to get, proving his original message of a country that dismisses black people at the drop of a hat is pretty accurate.

And he's a better QB than Brissett.

There's only one reason Kaepernick isn't playing in the NFL.

False.
1. He has purposefully been a tremendous distraction.
2. It appears he demanded MUCH more than back up money.
3. Also, he just isn't very good when not surrounded by elite team mates, coaches and in one system that few teams want to run.
That is a deathly combination.

Make no mistake, Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention.

I'lll let that stand by itself. Somethings don't require a response other than to repeat it.

But his message and the reason why he did it? He's right.

That is only your opinion. Clearly, many, many others disagree and as you stated, the ratings reflect this.

As far as the Castro thing.........

He idolizes a mass murderer communist. You support this. Again, I'll let that stand by itself. Somethings don't require a response other than to repeat it, sad as it is.

And he's a better QB than Brissett.

Not in this system.


Often, I agree with your football/player posts. However, in this case you are clearly allowing your ideology to influence your football. This is human nature and to be expected. I am sure I do too sometimes. WRT Kaepernick, the facts as to why he isn't playing are crystal clear.

To repeat:
1. He has purposefully been a tremendous distraction.
2. It appears he demanded MUCH more than back up money.
3. Also, he just isn't very good when not surrounded by elite team mates, coaches and in one system that few teams want to run.
That is a deathly combination.
  aloyouis is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #276
OJ's Glove
Registered User
 
OJ's Glove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bridgewater State Hospital
Posts: 260
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $24250


OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.OJ's Glove has a great personality, really.
His GF comparing the Ravens owner to a brutal slavemaster and Ray Lewis to a slave is unlikely to help him find employment.
  OJ's Glove is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #277
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 21,796
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $560407
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
There's only one reason Kaepernick isn't playing in the NFL.

False.
1. He has purposefully been a tremendous distraction.
2. It appears he demanded MUCH more than back up money.
3. Also, he just isn't very good when not surrounded by elite team mates, coaches and in one system that few teams want to run.
That is a deathly combination.
1. To whom? Not his teammates. Not other players.
2. Link? It's been widely reported that he hasn't discussed money at all.
3. Oh, okay.

Quote:

Make no mistake, Kaepernick didn't ask for the attention.

I'lll let that stand by itself. Somethings don't require a response other than to repeat it.
Really? Perhaps you just have nothing to say. And you're right, it doesn't need a response.
Quote:
But his message and the reason why he did it? He's right.

That is only your opinion. Clearly, many, many others disagree and as you stated, the ratings reflect this.
And we see today why others disagree with the racist goings-on in Charlottevile today, don't we?
Quote:
As far as the Castro thing.........

He idolizes a mass murderer communist. You support this. Again, I'll let that stand by itself. Somethings don't require a response other than to repeat it, sad as it is.
Idolizes? Did I indicate he "idolizes" Castro, or did I say what he stated and why he stated it?

Moreover, WHERE DID I SAY I SUPPORTED IT???? You take liberties with what people say constantly. Read. Don't misinterpret.

Quote:
I'm glad you've seen him play in this system. I haven't.
And he's a better QB than Brissett.

Not in this system.


Often, I agree with your football/player posts. However, in this case you are clearly allowing your ideology to influence your football. This is human nature and to be expected. I am sure I do too sometimes. WRT Kaepernick, the facts as to why he isn't playing are crystal clear.

To repeat:
1. He has purposefully been a tremendous distraction.
2. It appears he demanded MUCH more than back up money.
3. Also, he just isn't very good when not surrounded by elite team mates, coaches and in one system that few teams want to run.
That is a deathly combination.
You've already said that, and it really didn't need to be repeated. It's only your opinion, and I disagree with it, for the most part, as you do with mine.
  PatsFanLisa is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #278
aloyouis
at least generally aware
 
aloyouis's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wait, what?
Posts: 4,978
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $156500
My Mood


aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
1. To whom? Not his teammates. Not other players.
2. Link? It's been widely reported that he hasn't discussed money at all.
3. Oh, okay.

Really? Perhaps you just have nothing to say. And you're right, it doesn't need a response.
And we see today why others disagree with the racist goings-on in Charlottevile today, don't we?
Idolizes? Did I indicate he "idolizes" Castro, or did I say what he stated and why he stated it?

Moreover, WHERE DID I SAY I SUPPORTED IT???? You take liberties with what people say constantly. Read. Don't misinterpret.


You've already said that, and it really didn't need to be repeated. It's only your opinion, and I disagree with it, for the most part, as you do with mine.

The owners, fans, players? Who is missing?

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/con...ck-a-contract/


Not sure what the racist/classist/antifa anti-free speech illegal assembly in Charlotte has to do with this topic?


“One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that." He's correct on that front, too.Hmmm.......Do you REALLY believe that in Cuba you would get a better education? Serious question. The prison systems have vastly different costs for sure. I doubt the political prisoners in commie Cuba get flat screens, college educations and excellent healthcare/sex change operations.

Last edited by aloyouis; 08-12-2017 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: My brain is slow.
  aloyouis is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #279
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 21,796
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $560407
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
The owners, fans, players? Who is missing?

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/con...ck-a-contract/


Not sure what the racist/classist/antifa anti-free speech illegal assembly in Charlotte has to do with this topic?


“One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that." He's correct on that front, too.Hmmm.......Do you REALLY believe that in Cuba you would get a better education? Serious question. The prison systems have vastly different costs for sure. I doubt the political prisoners in commie Cuba get flat screens, college educations and excellent healthcare/sex change operations.
Not getting into it with you, Aloysius. I responded to your response to me. That's about all I have to say to you on the subject.
  PatsFanLisa is offline
Old 08-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #280
aloyouis
at least generally aware
 
aloyouis's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wait, what?
Posts: 4,978
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $156500
My Mood


aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
aloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficaloyouis can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
Not getting into it with you, Aloysius. I responded to your response to me. That's about all I have to say to you on the subject.
More than fine. You said your piece, I said mine. You asked for a link, I provided one.

Have a nice weekend.

PS- Aloyouis is the correct spelling in my case.
  aloyouis is offline
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.