>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

View Poll Results: What's more important to you: Pats doing great even wo TB or Brady doing great ?
Still care more about the fortunes of the Patriots 27 93.10%
Want to see Brady kick ass as a Buc 0 0%
Care equally or don't care at all 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #46
spacecrime
Registered User
 
spacecrime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Down the lane
Posts: 5,945
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $160750


spacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a life
spacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a lifespacecrime is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I hate to lost "heart and soul" guys. When you do, you just hope there is someone else that will step up and provide that leadership. That would be my biggest concern.
Me, too, but I remember people predicting 0-16 when BB cut Lawyer 'the heart and soul of our defense' Milloy.

Plus, we've lost 50 years worth of our good players from the 60's through 2014 and yet we still managed to win three superbowls after losing all those players.

Every year we swap out 1/4 to 1/3 of our team.
  spacecrime is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #47
Dwight Schrute
Keep America Great!
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: America’s Hometown
Posts: 37,068
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $855855
My Mood


Dwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhore
Dwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhoreDwight Schrute is a statwhore
There’s truth in that.

But as I said in another thread, if Stid is our hope he’s going to also carry the mantle as leader too. It has to be. Comes with the position.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecrime View Post
Me, too, but I remember people predicting 0-16 when BB cut Lawyer 'the heart and soul of our defense' Milloy.

Plus, we've lost 50 years worth of our good players from the 60's through 2014 and yet we still managed to win three superbowls after losing all those players.

Every year we swap out 1/4 to 1/3 of our team.
A S is never the leader of a team. He can offer veteran leadership. But if he’s the overall go to you’re shit outta luck.

With Milloy, Brady was already here and held a pelt. It was already his team.
__________________
"Take away our bad play the entire first half, the coin toss, the mistakes we made when the game got tight, and Brady's three third-and-ten conversions in OT, and the Chiefs are superbowl champs." Some stupid fvcker 11/10/19
  Dwight Schrute is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #48
Patriots71
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 6,115
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $108250


Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecrime View Post
Me, too, but I remember people predicting 0-16 when BB cut Lawyer 'the heart and soul of our defense' Milloy.

Plus, we've lost 50 years worth of our good players from the 60's through 2014 and yet we still managed to win three superbowls after losing all those players.

Every year we swap out 1/4 to 1/3 of our team.
If anyone predicted 0-16 after a safety left, they should stop watching football.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecrime View Post
God damn it, stop attributing to me things I never said.

Exactly like you, I made the observation that the offense wasn't very good last year, that they weren't doing as well as they had earlier. The only difference is that I saw Brady as part of the offense, that he also wasn't playing as well as he had earlier, and you say that Brady was totally blameless. I get it. For two decades you've jumped into any post where anyone said or even implied Brady wasn't perfect. But stop saying I hate Brady or that I wanted to see him go or that he was the sole cause of our collapse last year. Because what I say is exactly what I said in the same post you quoted above:
Sounds good...but again, why does someone have to have blame? Brady, Mcdaniels, the backup long snapper. Who gives a shit.
  Patriots71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM   #49
king of kings
All Hail
 
king of kings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,358
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $126120
My Mood


king of kings has disabled reputation
I'm a team fan not a player fan . I wish Brady luck . I'm not going to root for him in TB. Their nothing wrong with being a player fan. Just don't pretend to be a fan of that team.
__________________
DOWN TO THE KING
  king of kings is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #50
Patriots71
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 6,115
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $108250


Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of kings View Post
I'm a team fan not a player fan . I wish Brady luck . I'm not going to root for him in TB. Their nothing wrong with being a player fan. Just don't pretend to be a fan of that team.
Sports is entertainment, its not a moral thing. I will always root for the pats to win and win superbowls, never going to change, but I root for players on other teams all the time, so do most people even on here. I think its ok to be a fan of your team and the players that you know, helped build your team to what it became.
  Patriots71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #51
king of kings
All Hail
 
king of kings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,358
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $126120
My Mood


king of kings has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots71 View Post
Sports is entertainment, its not a moral thing. I will always root for the pats to win and win superbowls, never going to change, but I root for players on other teams all the time, so do most people even on here. I think its ok to be a fan of your team and the players that you know, helped build your team to what it became.
Nothing wrong with being a player fan. I loved watching Sanders & Rice as kid. I never pretended to be a fan of that team. I had this discussion many times with LeBron fans. Who only like the team he plays on.
__________________
DOWN TO THE KING
  king of kings is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM   #52
Patriots71
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 6,115
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $108250


Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of kings View Post
Nothing wrong with being a player fan. I loved watching Sanders & Rice as kid. I never pretended to be a fan of that team. I had this discussion many times with LeBron fans. Who only like the team he plays on.
Oh I get that, but really I dont care why someone is a fan of a team, if its a player, then whatever. I mean is it really that different than me being a fan because I was born in the area? Again to me, sports is entertainment, there is no moral standing. I been through too damn much with the pats to not root for them though. lol. I dont need them to be winning every year to do that, it just changes things and the expectations go down if they are not good, which is not a bad thing. Trust me the Bengals are not all arguing over on their message board about what Dalton meant to their franchise. lol
  Patriots71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #53
PatriotInIndy
I Do My Job
 
PatriotInIndy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,475
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $148750


PatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nice
PatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nicePatriotInIndy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots71 View Post
Oh I get that, but really I dont care why someone is a fan of a team, if its a player, then whatever. I mean is it really that different than me being a fan because I was born in the area? Again to me, sports is entertainment, there is no moral standing. I been through too damn much with the pats to not root for them though. lol. I dont need them to be winning every year to do that, it just changes things and the expectations go down if they are not good, which is not a bad thing. Trust me the Bengals are not all arguing over on their message board about what Dalton meant to their franchise. lol
Pacers are the only local team I like and quite a few people really have a hard time understanding why I am a Michigan Wolverines, Pats, and Pens (ducks) fan. Hockey is the easiest to explain because Indy doesn't have a team.

I have been in an hour long conversation with the mom of my cousin's wife trying to explain how I am a Wolverines fan who was born and raised in Indiana. Many, many other conversations but she takes the cake on how long she kept questioning it.

I don't have a MLB team because I simply rooted for whichever team my cousin was on while he was in the league for 13 years. Kind of root for the Pirates because Indy has their AAA team, but I don't really care.

More on topic, I am not a player fan but have become a fan of every team I love because of one player that hooked me. With Michigan it was Glen Rice, Ty Law for the Pats, and Malkin for the Pens. Once I'm on the wagon, I'm a lifer for that team.
  PatriotInIndy is online now Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #54
Patriots71
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 6,115
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $108250


Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotInIndy View Post
Pacers are the only local team I like and quite a few people really have a hard time understanding why I am a Michigan Wolverines, Pats, and Pens (ducks) fan. Hockey is the easiest to explain because Indy doesn't have a team.

I have been in an hour long conversation with the mom of my cousin's wife trying to explain how I am a Wolverines fan who was born and raised in Indiana. Many, many other conversations but she takes the cake on how long she kept questioning it.

I don't have a MLB team because I simply rooted for whichever team my cousin was on while he was in the league for 13 years. Kind of root for the Pirates because Indy has their AAA team, but I don't really care.

More on topic, I am not a player fan but have become a fan of every team I love because of one player that hooked me. With Michigan it was Glen Rice, Ty Law for the Pats, and Malkin for the Pens. Once I'm on the wagon, I'm a lifer for that team.


Like who you like man. Its so silly when people try to do this, OMG how can you like this team you didnt go to college there. lol. I have never been one of those fan nazi's. I like who I like. Yeah I was born into most of my sports teams and it just went from there. But what if I was from like Nebraska? Root for who you want. Sports is entertainment.
  Patriots71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM   #55
king of kings
All Hail
 
king of kings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,358
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $126120
My Mood


king of kings has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots71 View Post
Oh I get that, but really I dont care why someone is a fan of a team, if its a player, then whatever. I mean is it really that different than me being a fan because I was born in the area? Again to me, sports is entertainment, there is no moral standing. I been through too damn much with the pats to not root for them though. lol. I dont need them to be winning every year to do that, it just changes things and the expectations go down if they are not good, which is not a bad thing. Trust me the Bengals are not all arguing over on their message board about what Dalton meant to their franchise. lol
My definition is simple . A team fan players come & go. You just root for team. Players fans only likes team because of that player. Will show no team loyalty when he leaves. You saw it when colts fans were rooting on Broncos . Just because Manning was the QB.

Last edited by king of kings; Yesterday at 12:58 PM..
__________________
DOWN TO THE KING
  king of kings is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #56
Patriots71
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 6,115
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $108250


Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Patriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendagePatriots71 has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of kings View Post
My definition is simple . A team fan players come & go. You just root for team. Players fans only likes team because of that player. Will show no team loyalty when he leaves. You saw it when colts fans were rooting on Broncos . Just because Manning was the QB.
Not sure. I think colt fans really liked Manning and really liked him after he left too. I imagine they are back to rooting for the colts. I have no idea how someone could just change the teams they root for, I hate all other teams. I just dont care what others do. It does not bother me if a fan roots for a player or whatever or roots for different teams. Sports is entertainment, let it entertain you however you want. I am happy when the pats win, it sucks when they lose, but its not going to change my life either way.
  Patriots71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #57
king of kings
All Hail
 
king of kings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,358
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $126120
My Mood


king of kings has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots71 View Post
Not sure. I think colt fans really liked Manning and really liked him after he left too. I imagine they are back to rooting for the colts. I have no idea how someone could just change the teams they root for, I hate all other teams. I just dont care what others do. It does not bother me if a fan roots for a player or whatever or roots for different teams. Sports is entertainment, let it entertain you however you want. I am happy when the pats win, it sucks when they lose, but its not going to change my life either way.
Manning & LeBron was just examples . I repeat they only liked the team . They played for them . Didn't care about them once they left. I can't make it much simpler.
__________________
DOWN TO THE KING
  king of kings is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.