>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #46
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly View Post
Stidham could be better than both...possibly. 50%...
Absolutely.. and I was obviously in support of JG trade . I remember posting that I had a feeling that Belichick had his eye on a college prospect. Some unknown player under the radar that could be had in a later round . Was this that guy?? Did he hāve his plan in place that without a JG backup ( nickname clipboard Mario) he would draft another guy equal or better the following year.. of course... Lol. ;)
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:24 PM   #47
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 29,850
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1270750


BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade View Post
Absolutely.. and I was obviously in support of JG trade . I remember posting that I had a feeling that Belichick had his eye on a college prospect. Some unknown player under the radar that could be had in a later round . Was this that guy?? Did he hāve his plan in place that without a JG backup ( nickname clipboard Mario) he would draft another guy equal or better the following year.. of course... Lol. ;)
Keep drinking the kool-aid.
__________________
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #48
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTim View Post
Keep drinking the kool-aid.
Haha.. and you can work on your sense of humor. Since my post was tongue in cheek.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #49
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmy-garop...201041484.html

Tom Curran chimes in on the topic. But he doesn't mention Brissett.. lol.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #50
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Interesting comments by Curran but I posted thread before JG took the field. So bonus points for seeing it coming.

The other aspect of this thread is the analysis of the QB position, which happens to be the most difficult in sports to do well. The fact we have Brady to critique and admire for 20 years just adds to the solid data. Then there is the eyeball test. You gotta see it in real time... The release of the ball the spin the balance the accuracy. Thing is , throwing a football is not easy in a vacuum, then you add the pressure, the movement , the wind, the hits. Etc. and the ball has to get there. Gotta execute.

So it requires a certain athleticism, vision, talent, combination that has been successful in different styles. Brady obviously, then a Russell Wilson style, who is smaller but quick enough to evade hits and create space to throw. Then a drew Brees who has great vision and accuracy with perfect over the top delivery. .

Getting back to JG .. his movement needs to improve.along with his protection. Brady actually worked on his movement a couple years ago and he started shifting the pocket really well to get to a better spot to get the ball out. This extra second is all about reading the pass rush and coverage. Then finding the open guy.. some throws are like huh? That guy isn't open but the ball is perfectly thrown into receivers catch radius in stride. Amazing. But not many guys can do that.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #51
grog
Chief Instigation Officer
 
grog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 10,287
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1502500
My Mood


grog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a life
grog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade View Post
Interesting comments by Curran but I posted thread before JG took the field. So bonus points for seeing it coming.

The other aspect of this thread is the analysis of the QB position, which happens to be the most difficult in sports to do well. The fact we have Brady to critique and admire for 20 years just adds to the solid data. Then there is the eyeball test. You gotta see it in real time... The release of the ball the spin the balance the accuracy. Thing is , throwing a football is not easy in a vacuum, then you add the pressure, the movement , the wind, the hits. Etc. and the ball has to get there. Gotta execute.

So it requires a certain athleticism, vision, talent, combination that has been successful in different styles. Brady obviously, then a Russell Wilson style, who is smaller but quick enough to evade hits and create space to throw. Then a drew Brees who has great vision and accuracy with perfect over the top delivery. .

Getting back to JG .. his movement needs to improve.along with his protection. Brady actually worked on his movement a couple years ago and he started shifting the pocket really well to get to a better spot to get the ball out. This extra second is all about reading the pass rush and coverage. Then finding the open guy.. some throws are like huh? That guy isn't open but the ball is perfectly thrown into receivers catch radius in stride. Amazing. But not many guys can do that.
To me, the biggest differentiator when it comes down to elite athletes is the ability to process multiple simultaneous and chaotic data points in an instant, finding the weakness and exploiting it. The great players see everything differently than the others. Some super talented QBs have played that just didn't have the ability to sort through the noise and deliver. Tom Brady is beyond exceptional at that aspect of the game. When watching other games, we see QBs not even see wide open WRs on numerous plays. Sure, Brady might miss a couple here and there, but overall there usually isn't too much to look back on. I probably haven't explained this very well, but bottom line is while many QBs have the physical attributes to be great, few have a fast enough CPU in their brain to really execute like Brady does.
__________________

_____________
Grogsox
Check out my son's product: [URL="https://glitchdrink.co/[/URL]
Made for gamers, athletes, students and professionals. No caffeine or sugar. Improved mood, energy and focus. Enjoy!
  grog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #52
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog View Post
To me, the biggest differentiator when it comes down to elite athletes is the ability to process multiple simultaneous and chaotic data points in an instant, finding the weakness and exploiting it. The great players see everything differently than the others. Some super talented QBs have played that just didn't have the ability to sort through the noise and deliver. Tom Brady is beyond exceptional at that aspect of the game. When watching other games, we see QBs not even see wide open WRs on numerous plays. Sure, Brady might miss a couple here and there, but overall there usually isn't too much to look back on. I probably haven't explained this very well, but bottom line is while many QBs have the physical attributes to be great, few have a fast enough CPU in their brain to really execute like Brady does.
Agree on that . Mental. process where the game can "slow down" for the elite QB who can see things before they happen, then the confidence amps up resulting in great plays.

When it doesn't happen you see plays break down but there is the team aspect also . Its eleven guys syncing up so Brady gets big points for his leadership also..

I wonder if JG lacks some of this being that guy who cashed in big time ... He can't do it alone. Coaches gotta step up also to get that offense going.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #53
mikiemo83
Disrespect Coach
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gillette Stadium Basement
Posts: 74,485
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $965040616
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
coaching helps slows the game down with mental reps so the plays are known, already rep'd out mentally, and plays processed faster.

plus tells, such as hand-foot placement and weight distribution, help the pre-snap read.
  mikiemo83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #54
grog
Chief Instigation Officer
 
grog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 10,287
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1502500
My Mood


grog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a life
grog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a lifegrog is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
coaching helps slows the game down with mental reps so the plays are known, already rep'd out mentally, and plays processed faster.

plus tells, such as hand-foot placement and weight distribution, help the pre-snap read.
All those "tells" need a sharp and quick mind to notice, analyze, and process the expected outcome.
__________________

_____________
Grogsox
Check out my son's product: [URL="https://glitchdrink.co/[/URL]
Made for gamers, athletes, students and professionals. No caffeine or sugar. Improved mood, energy and focus. Enjoy!
  grog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:35 PM   #55
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Well it's the weekend and Patriots are off , so it's a chance to check in on expats JG and JB. I read an article about how it's wrong to dismiss preseason since it does have an important stepping stone aspect for many players who are looking to get their careers on track.

Both JG and JB fall into this category so they take the field Saturday night with purpose in week 3 of preseason.

JG is struggling and needs some production from his offense to quiet critics who are concerned he may not be a franchise guy like his contract indicates.. Meanwhile JB is in a contract year as a backup to Andrew luck and all of his development and production will dictate what money he is offered at the end of this year. And if luck isn't hurt . These games in preseason might be his only chance to show what he's got in his 4th year.

I'm looking forward to to seeing this play out and if trends continue ... Will this weekend be the definitive moment that JB passess JG in production? Haha. Hard tellin, but JG seriously needs to regain and maintain whatever he had 2 years ago.. then stay healthy. yikes.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:10 AM   #56
Big/Sky/Fly
Fort Knoxborough
 
Big/Sky/Fly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moonover, Montana
Posts: 29,693
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $245103
My Mood


Big/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant future
Big/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade View Post
Well it's the weekend and Patriots are off , so it's a chance to check in on expats JG and JB. I read an article about how it's wrong to dismiss preseason since it does have an important stepping stone aspect for many players who are looking to get their careers on track.

Both JG and JB fall into this category so they take the field Saturday night with purpose in week 3 of preseason.

JG is struggling and needs some production from his offense to quiet critics who are concerned he may not be a franchise guy like his contract indicates.. Meanwhile JB is in a contract year as a backup to Andrew luck and all of his development and production will dictate what money he is offered at the end of this year. And if luck isn't hurt . These games in preseason might be his only chance to show what he's got in his 4th year.

I'm looking forward to to seeing this play out and if trends continue ... Will this weekend be the definitive moment that JB passess JG in production? Haha. Hard tellin, but JG seriously needs to regain and maintain whatever he had 2 years ago.. then stay healthy. yikes.
Ryan Leaf had a MUCH better preseason than fivehead did...per rookie year.
__________________
Steelers: 6 SBs w/3 HCs, 2 QBs, over 40 years

Patriots: 6 SBs w/1 HC, 1 QB, over 18 years


If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed
- Mark Twain

You have to have the personality to match up with the Patriots
- Emmit(t) Smith

Wise man never play leapfrog with unicorn
- Confucius
  Big/Sky/Fly is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #57
Coolade
Registered User
 
Coolade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 350
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $45200


Coolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enoughCoolade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly View Post
Ryan Leaf had a MUCH better preseason than fivehead did...per rookie year.
Ryan Spleaf went splat.

Preseason is a mixed bag though. Even watching Brady. Not exactly right on top of it. But for him, that is what you want . Lots of talking points, and stuff to work on in practice . Then the real deāl week 1.

Much different for Jimmy and Jacoby.
  Coolade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:55 AM   #58
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 29,850
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1270750


BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade View Post
Ryan Spleaf went splat.

Preseason is a mixed bag though. Even watching Brady. Not exactly right on top of it. But for him, that is what you want . Lots of talking points, and stuff to work on in practice . Then the real deāl week 1.

Much different for Jimmy and Jacoby.
Perfectly valid and interesting discussion topic, but the job of keeping up with the Pats with this old brain, leaves me unable to wrap my mind around it.

Cheers
__________________
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:55 AM   #59
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 29,850
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1270750


BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
BostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud ofBostonTim has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade View Post
Ryan Spleaf went splat.

Preseason is a mixed bag though. Even watching Brady. Not exactly right on top of it. But for him, that is what you want . Lots of talking points, and stuff to work on in practice . Then the real deāl week 1.

Much different for Jimmy and Jacoby.
Perfectly valid and interesting discussion topic, but the job of keeping up with the Pats with this old brain, leaves me unable to wrap my mind around it.

Cheers
__________________
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #60
Big/Sky/Fly
Fort Knoxborough
 
Big/Sky/Fly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moonover, Montana
Posts: 29,693
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $245103
My Mood


Big/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant future
Big/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant futureBig/Sky/Fly has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTim View Post
Perfectly valid and interesting discussion topic, but the job of keeping up with the Pats with this old brain, leaves me unable to wrap my mind around it.

Cheers
Third times a charm...
__________________
Steelers: 6 SBs w/3 HCs, 2 QBs, over 40 years

Patriots: 6 SBs w/1 HC, 1 QB, over 18 years


If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed
- Mark Twain

You have to have the personality to match up with the Patriots
- Emmit(t) Smith

Wise man never play leapfrog with unicorn
- Confucius
  Big/Sky/Fly is online now Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.