>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > Politics and Religion Forum
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #31
Darth Despot
Not a real 'Merican - apparently
 
Darth Despot's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upgraded to Probable
Posts: 18,488
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $364525
My Mood


Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.
Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.Darth Despot is your brother, your best friend forever.
Where in the Constitution does it say you can't protest until something is taken away?

I am gonna guess that if a recently elected POTUS said his first priority was to confiscate everyone's firearms a few folks might decide to protest BEFORE the rights were taken away.
__________________
"An image haunts me:
proceeding across a battlefield,
my father now dead,
I am up front to draw the fire.
I look back,
and one of those I was to protect has fallen."

Nicholas Wolterstorff, Lament for a Son (1987)
  Darth Despot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #32
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, The G.O.A.T.
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,752
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $230250
My Mood


Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Despot View Post
Where in the Constitution does it say you can't protest until something is taken away?

I am gonna guess that if a recently elected POTUS said his first priority was to confiscate everyone's firearms a few folks might decide to protest BEFORE the rights were taken away.
But this is the insanity, where has Trump said he is taking away anyone's rights?
__________________





"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things those other guys [Manning, Brees] can't do. His pocket presence is better, he throws a better ball than those guys. He's a winner better than all those guys."
- Aaron Rodgers

"Brady is the greatest of all time ... the consistency, every single year he does it. And he doesn't have, all time, the greatest players around him." - Jim Kelly
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #33
anderson
Awfully Cavalier
 
anderson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dappertutto, come un Capo
Posts: 26,746
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $572110
My Mood


anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Despot View Post
Where in the Constitution does it say you can't protest until something is taken away?

I am gonna guess that if a recently elected POTUS said his first priority was to confiscate everyone's firearms a few folks might decide to protest BEFORE the rights were taken away.
Never. Not like that has already happened.
__________________
  anderson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #34
anderson
Awfully Cavalier
 
anderson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dappertutto, come un Capo
Posts: 26,746
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $572110
My Mood


anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
But this is the insanity, where has Trump said he is taking away anyone's rights?
Are you kidding with this?

Edit: Trump vowed during his campaign that he would appoint justices that would help repeal Roe v Wade. Add to that that he openly brags about being able to get away with walking in on Miss Universe contestants while they're dressing, that he can get away with forcing kisses on women because he's famous, and a slew of other comments that are massively demeaning of women, not least his own daughter whom he agreed to call "a piece of ass"

Women everywhere in the US are right to be worried and you should be proud that so many of them took to the streets to voice their opinion. It was a great day for democracy, even if you consider the obvious lunatics like Madonna.

Last edited by anderson; 01-23-2017 at 09:49 AM..
__________________
  anderson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #35
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 22,305
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $596157
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSanders View Post
Nothing says "fake victimhood" better that the women who marched over rights they already have, and things that haven't been done to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
IMO it was a very sad day for women. Very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
But this is the insanity, where has Trump said he is taking away anyone's rights?
Fake victimhood????

Sad day for women???

Are you Stepford wives or something?

Pay attention. You have evangelical white men everywhere in this administration, one of whom, and I forget which one because they're equally detestable, who has said the priority will be to put a conservative Christian onto the bench of SJC so Roe v. Wade will be overturned.

THAT is their priority. And THAT is a current right of every single female in America (except, apparently, TX, where they're going to make abortion a felony) if they choose to exercise it.

Please, don't play stupid. It's been the priority of the growing voice of Christians everywhere, and it's sickening. You don't want to get an abortion, don't. But **** you if you want to take my right away to do it. Every single female should be outraged.
  PatsFanLisa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #36
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, The G.O.A.T.
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,752
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $230250
My Mood


Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
Fake victimhood????

Sad day for women???

Are you Stepford wives or something?

Pay attention. You have evangelical white men everywhere in this administration, one of whom, and I forget which one because they're equally detestable, who has said the priority will be to put a conservative Christian onto the bench of SJC so Roe v. Wade will be overturned.

THAT is their priority. And THAT is a current right of every single female in America (except, apparently, TX, where they're going to make abortion a felony) if they choose to exercise it.

Please, don't play stupid. It's been the priority of the growing voice of Christians everywhere, and it's sickening. You don't want to get an abortion, don't. But **** you if you want to take my right away to do it. Every single female should be outraged.
Trump has said repeatedly that he wants to put the power back with the states as again we are a Republic and a court case should not be binding nationally on any issue.
__________________





"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things those other guys [Manning, Brees] can't do. His pocket presence is better, he throws a better ball than those guys. He's a winner better than all those guys."
- Aaron Rodgers

"Brady is the greatest of all time ... the consistency, every single year he does it. And he doesn't have, all time, the greatest players around him." - Jim Kelly
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #37
anderson
Awfully Cavalier
 
anderson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dappertutto, come un Capo
Posts: 26,746
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $572110
My Mood


anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
Trump has said repeatedly that he wants to put the power back with the states as again we are a Republic and a court case should not be binding nationally on any issue.
And what do you think that would mean to women's right, nationally? Did you, all of a sudden, forget about laws like Texas's HB2 or is it because you're pro-life you don't consider it a big deal? (I don't know what your stance is, so please consider this an honest question).
__________________
  anderson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #38
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 22,305
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $596157
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
Trump has said repeatedly that he wants to put the power back with the states as again we are a Republic and a court case should not be binding nationally on any issue.
Bullshit.

And if you want to talk about a sad day for women, you should start with that lying, manipulative, conniving hag - every adjective that I've always found reprehensible because they're always used with regard to women in a pejorative manner; yet, appropriate here - KellyAnne Conway.

And Trump will only be a figurehead at some point. Pence is the real President. And Pence thinks he's the moral leader of this country with his subtle arrogance and soapbox mentality. Pence wants women's right, gay rights, and any other kind of rights that don't accord with his Christianity, gone...all to be challenged at the SJC when he places his next preacher on the bench.

And by rights, I mean individual choices. The rights should be inherent.
  PatsFanLisa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #39
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, The G.O.A.T.
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,752
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $230250
My Mood


Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson View Post
And what do you think that would mean to women's right, nationally? Did you, all of a sudden, forget about laws like Texas's HB2 or is it because you're pro-life you don't consider it a big deal? (I don't know what your stance is, so please consider this an honest question).
I believe we are a Republic and the states themselves should decide not the courts.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
Bullshit.

And if you want to talk about a sad day for women, you should start with that lying, manipulative, conniving hag - every adjective that I've always found reprehensible because they're always used with regard to women in a pejorative manner; yet, appropriate here - KellyAnne Conway.
Lisa,

Let me ask you because I respect your opinion but do you believe the biggest issues facing American women today are the right to kill our babies?
__________________





"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things those other guys [Manning, Brees] can't do. His pocket presence is better, he throws a better ball than those guys. He's a winner better than all those guys."
- Aaron Rodgers

"Brady is the greatest of all time ... the consistency, every single year he does it. And he doesn't have, all time, the greatest players around him." - Jim Kelly
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #40
anderson
Awfully Cavalier
 
anderson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dappertutto, come un Capo
Posts: 26,746
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $572110
My Mood


anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
anderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud ofanderson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
I believe we are a Republic and the states themselves should decide not the courts on all issues.
Does this include states allowing racial segregation?
__________________
  anderson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #41
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 22,305
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $596157
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post

Let me ask you because I respect your opinion but do you believe the biggest issues facing American women today are the right to kill our babies?
That is such an inflammatory statement, and you know it.

I have made it clear that I do not believe a zygote, an embryo, and an early-stage fetus is a "baby". And I think language like "kill" and "murder" are the rhetoric of religion.

Yes, I absolutely believe that American women have the right to terminate a pregnancy, for whatever reason, because it is their body and THEIR life, and because the Supreme Judicial Court of MY United States has given us that right because it's nobody else's ****ing business what we do with our own bodies.

And if you want to raise children, go for it. Some of us have made mistakes in our lives that we won't allow to affect the rest of our lives, others around us, or that child's life. If your religious beliefs dictate that it's wrong, so then it's wrong. FOR YOU. Not for me.

It is nobody's business. Nobody's. And THAT is what women are fighting for.
  PatsFanLisa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #42
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, The G.O.A.T.
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,752
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $230250
My Mood


Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
That is such an inflammatory statement, and you know it.

I have made it clear that I do not believe a zygote, an embryo, and an early-stage fetus is a "baby". And I think language like "kill" and "murder" are the rhetoric of religion.

Yes, I absolutely believe that American women have the right to terminate a pregnancy, for whatever reason, because it is their body and THEIR life, and because the Supreme Judicial Court of MY United States has given us that right because it's nobody else's ****ing business what we do with our own bodies.

And if you want to raise children, go for it. Some of us have made mistakes in our lives that we won't allow to affect the rest of our lives, others around us, or that child's life. If your religious beliefs dictate that it's wrong, so then it's wrong. FOR YOU. Not for me.

It is nobody's business. Nobody's. And THAT is what women are fighting for.
I was not asking you for your opinion on abortion but thank you for sharing as I did not previously know and respect your position BUT my question was is abortion the biggest issue facing women today in America?
__________________





"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things those other guys [Manning, Brees] can't do. His pocket presence is better, he throws a better ball than those guys. He's a winner better than all those guys."
- Aaron Rodgers

"Brady is the greatest of all time ... the consistency, every single year he does it. And he doesn't have, all time, the greatest players around him." - Jim Kelly
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #43
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 22,305
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $596157
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
I was not asking you for your opinion on abortion but thank you for sharing as I did not previously know and respect your position BUT my question was is abortion the biggest issue facing women today in America?
When you're talking about taking away a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body, that is taking away her most personal right.

Yes. Yes, it is. Everything else falls in line after that.

And it's not just her right. It's the beginning of stripping away everyone's right to privacy.
  PatsFanLisa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #44
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, The G.O.A.T.
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,752
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $230250
My Mood


Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Mazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirateMazz22 is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
When you're talking about taking away a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body, that is taking away her most personal right.

Yes. Yes, it is. Everything else falls in line after that.

And it's not just her right. It's the beginning of stripping away everyone's right to privacy.
That is an interesting position. I can think of at least 20 other things I would want for women ahead of abortion. And of course we have not lost the right to do and it is highly unlikely that we will at the state-level. But thank you for your response it helps me process some of the thinking on the issue.
__________________





"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things those other guys [Manning, Brees] can't do. His pocket presence is better, he throws a better ball than those guys. He's a winner better than all those guys."
- Aaron Rodgers

"Brady is the greatest of all time ... the consistency, every single year he does it. And he doesn't have, all time, the greatest players around him." - Jim Kelly
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #45
PatsFanLisa
No filter
 
PatsFanLisa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sharon
Posts: 22,305
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $596157
My Mood


PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
PatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to allPatsFanLisa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
That is an interesting position. I can think of at least 20 other things I would want for women ahead of abortion. And of course we have not lost the right to do and it is highly unlikely that we will at the state-level. But thank you for your response it helps me process some of the thinking on the issue.
Of course there are other things for women. But once you've taken away her most personal right, everything else is secondary. If I can't make decisions for me, for my body, to make my own decisions, then nothing else matters.

That right that has not yet been taken away is being attacked from everywhere - from religious zealots, from religious zealots that are politicians, from the highest people in power, and will be firmly placed in the hands of a (likely) male that will take up the ninth seat on the higest court of the United States. It has been a battle cry for a while now and Preacher Pence has stated that it will be a priority to protect the life of a human being, another term that I don't agree with, from conception forward.

So you think it was a sad day for women to stand strong against this kind of thought process? I think it's a sad day for women to hear that shit out of an evangelical white holier-than-thou male telling us it's his priority.

Last edited by PatsFanLisa; 01-23-2017 at 10:43 AM..
  PatsFanLisa is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.