>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Five Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #16
grog
Chief Instigation Officer
 
grog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 9,856
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1407000
My Mood


grog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirate
grog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirategrog is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
I disagree.

The Rice Incident set everything in motion to handle future situations, predominantly in the form of the Commissioners Exempt List. Teams then also have the option of releasing the player as well.

& Co just completely failed to follow their own just recently established protocol.

If I remember correctly they did the same thing with air pressure numbers.

They suck.
Fair enough. They set themselves up and exposed their own double standards.

And yes, they suck.
__________________
_____________
Grogsox
celtics.press
  grog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,743
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1009763


BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog View Post
The NFL didn't suspend APerp, did they?
Maybe why he said "Imagine..."
__________________
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young
-Bob Dylan
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #18
chevss454
Running up the score and loving it
 
chevss454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 50,646
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $5811996
My Mood


chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmooney54 View Post
This, but I thought it was more about getting a federal court to agree that the "god clause" in the CBA was the law of the land. If they can do anything they want for whatever reason they want to one of the league's biggest stars, they can do it to anyone.

Yes, it evolved into that for sure.
__________________
Quote:
The best thing to hold on to in life is each other.
Quote:
Audrey Hepburn
  chevss454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
foobahl
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the only Henniker on earth
Posts: 1,513
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $376500


foobahl won't go home lonely tonight
foobahl won't go home lonely tonightfoobahl won't go home lonely tonightfoobahl won't go home lonely tonightfoobahl won't go home lonely tonightfoobahl won't go home lonely tonight
Don't forget that kicker from the NYG. where does the Elliot suspension fit in here? There was an extensive NFL investigation into that. Jones should be ripping. Brady was an on field suspicion, and does not have anything to do with DV, so should not be included in this discussion. Because is a clown doesn't mean Brady should be lumped in with these guys.
  foobahl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #20
chevss454
Running up the score and loving it
 
chevss454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 50,646
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $5811996
My Mood


chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobahl View Post
Don't forget that kicker from the NYG. where does the Elliot suspension fit in here? There was an extensive NFL investigation into that. Jones should be ripping. Brady was an on field suspicion, and does not have anything to do with DV, so should not be included in this discussion. Because is a clown doesn't mean Brady should be lumped in with these guys.



I disagree. It shows that finds what he wants to find.
__________________
Quote:
The best thing to hold on to in life is each other.
Quote:
Audrey Hepburn
  chevss454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #21
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,743
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1009763


BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevss454 View Post
I disagree. It shows that finds what he wants to find.
Witches don't exist. But all witch hunts manage to find one.


Cheers
__________________
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young
-Bob Dylan
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #22
Mr NFLfan
Registered User
 
Mr NFLfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I live where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
Posts: 3,122
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $499450
My Mood


Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.Mr NFLfan is classy.
You can't spoil something they've never had nor care to have. All the league wants to do is perpetuate an illusion of integrity while increasing revenue for its owners.
The owners knew what they had with the head clown yet still choose to re-sign him so that should tell us no one cared.
  Mr NFLfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:35 PM   #23
Hawg73
Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
 
Hawg73's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gumdrop house on Lollipop Ln.
Posts: 21,104
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $629242
My Mood


Hawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker room
Hawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker roomHawg73 has access to the Patriots' locker room
There is no point in critiquing RogGod's handling of the Hunt issue, because as previously mentioned here, he can do whatever he wants for whatever reason. That said, it was a smart and well-written article, which is the norm for Chatham who is a talented guy.

After reading it I briefly wondered (again) why I buy tickets and pay attention to a league run by a phony prick and the same answer came to me (again).

I primarily watch these games just for a chance to watch the Pats beat a sick, corrupt league and it's phony boss. To win no matter what.

If it is ever proven that the league was well aware of the tapes and their content shortly after the incident, which I expect will happen before long, then it'll just reiterate what everybody should by now understand. Roger has his finger on the scale and would suck a moose cock if the price was right.
  Hawg73 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #24
Beaglebay
Houndsight is 20/20
 
Beaglebay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastham, MA
Posts: 25,441
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $2812250
My Mood


Beaglebay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
There is no point in critiquing RogGod's handling of the Hunt issue, because as previously mentioned here, he can do whatever he wants for whatever reason. That said, it was a smart and well-written article, which is the norm for Chatham who is a talented guy.

After reading it I briefly wondered (again) why I buy tickets and pay attention to a league run by a phony prick and the same answer came to me (again).

I primarily watch these games just for a chance to watch the Pats beat a sick, corrupt league and it's phony boss. To win no matter what.

If it is ever proven that the league was well aware of the tapes and their content shortly after the incident, which I expect will happen before long, then it'll just reiterate what everybody should by now understand. Roger has his finger on the scale and would suck a moose cock if the price was right.

Thankfully, moose have too much integrity to allow that to happen.
__________________
"It says a lot," a 25-year-old fan reflected, "that the greatest moment in my life is a Week 3 win over New England." I AM PATRIOTS

bay(1/22/15) "The NFL should employ Mona Lisa Vito to calibrate football pressure."
Belichick (1/24/15) “I would not say I’m the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world as she was in the car expertise area.”



taltos
Defense League
  Beaglebay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #25
Number Cruncher
Time to go.... NOW
 
Number Cruncher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Methuen
Posts: 7,216
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $315000
My Mood


Number Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a life
Number Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a lifeNumber Cruncher is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
Roger has his finger on the scale and would suck a moose cock if the price was right.
This should be a Barstool T-Shirt...
__________________
Every battle is won before it is fought.
- S. Tzu

They say I'm lazy, but it takes all my time.
- J. Walsh

I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins.
I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in.
I'm proud to be a glutton, and I don't have time for sloth.
I'm greedy, and I'm angry, and I don't care who I cross.
- W. Zevon
  Number Cruncher is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #26
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,743
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1009763


BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
BostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhoreBostonTim is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTim View Post
Witches don't exist. But all witch hunts manage to find one.


Cheers
Edit - I knew I heard/read that recently but couldn't remember where. It's a near qoute from Jerry's new book referring of course to deflategate.

Sorry Jerry.

Cheers
__________________
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young
-Bob Dylan
  BostonTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #27
OSUBuckeye
Registered User
 
OSUBuckeye's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: .
Posts: 8,685
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $175500
My Mood


OSUBuckeye gets a lot of it
OSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of itOSUBuckeye gets a lot of it
Ian Rapoport



@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
More
NFL exec Todd Jones says it’s “not likely at all” to buy evidence videos as @TMZ does. He points out it would open a “Pandora’s box” of issues, while also saying the league doesn’t have journalistic, First Amendment privilege to protect sources.

NFL exec Todd Jones, involved in off-field discipline, describes the NFL’s investigative powers as “limited. ... There is information we can’t get when we need it. But when we get it, we act on it.” But makes clear the NFL will continue to investigate along with police.
  OSUBuckeye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #28
chevss454
Running up the score and loving it
 
chevss454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 50,646
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $5811996
My Mood


chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
chevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant futurechevss454 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye View Post
Ian Rapoport



@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
More
NFL exec Todd Jones says it’s “not likely at all” to buy evidence videos as @TMZ does. He points out it would open a “Pandora’s box” of issues, while also saying the league doesn’t have journalistic, First Amendment privilege to protect sources.

NFL exec Todd Jones, involved in off-field discipline, describes the NFL’s investigative powers as “limited. ... There is information we can’t get when we need it. But when we get it, we act on it.” But makes clear the NFL will continue to investigate along with police.







: 'We don't pay for video evidence'







NFL commissioner held a short press conference Wednesday to recap the Winter League Meeting.
fielded five questions, but arguably the biggest subject to come up in the little more than three minutes he was on the podium surrounded the league's stance on obtaining video, which has been a subject of discussion since TMZ released footage showing former Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman.
Media criticism quickly followed on the league front office's inability to also secure the video, but made it clear his office would not purchase video footage as part of the investigative process.


"Well, first off, we don't pay for video evidence," said. "We don't have the -- from our standpoint -- we think that that's not appropriate for a league organization to do that."
The commissioner said the league reached out to the police department and the hotel, but ultimately the NFL had to deal with what they could get.
"We obtain material that we have access to," said. "We look to do that, but we're not going to do it by corrupting people or trying to find a way to bribe them into giving us video. That's not what we do."
The Chiefs acted swiftly by releasing Hunt within hours after TMZ published the video, and the league placed Hunt on the Commissioner's Exempt List.
indicated those two examples of action shows the league took the matter seriously.
"I think what we're doing as a league is extraordinary," he said. "We have -- I think -- some of the highest standards of any organization. We take this seriously. We have zero tolerance for violence against women, and as a league, I think we've responded very quickly."
Here are the other areas the league commissioner discussed:
said the NFL always looks for ways to improve investigative procedures: "The dynamics change, the complexity of those change, and so we're always looking at how do we improve it."
On the Washington Redskins claiming linebacker Reuben Foster off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers, said that is a team decision.



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Last edited by chevss454; 12-12-2018 at 06:14 PM..
__________________
Quote:
The best thing to hold on to in life is each other.
Quote:
Audrey Hepburn
  chevss454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #29
Dwight Schrute
Feeling a bit greater
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 31,341
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $739855
My Mood


Dwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under center
Dwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under centerDwight Schrute has warm hands under center
We love that zero tolerance shit!

98045720-7DF3-4023-881D-6C76928DE971.jpg
__________________
The noose gets tighter every day Rog!
  Dwight Schrute is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #30
sprocketboy
Surrounded by Donkey Fans
 
sprocketboy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,140
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $500


sprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendagesprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendagesprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendage
sprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendagesprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendagesprocketboy has been touched by his noodly appendage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevss454 View Post
: 'We don't pay for video evidence'







NFL commissioner held a short press conference Wednesday to recap the Winter League Meeting.
fielded five questions, but arguably the biggest subject to come up in the little more than three minutes he was on the podium surrounded the league's stance on obtaining video, which has been a subject of discussion since TMZ released footage showing former Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman.
Media criticism quickly followed on the league front office's inability to also secure the video, but made it clear his office would not purchase video footage as part of the investigative process.


"Well, first off, we don't pay for video evidence," said. "We don't have the -- from our standpoint -- we think that that's not appropriate for a league organization to do that."
The commissioner said the league reached out to the police department and the hotel, but ultimately the NFL had to deal with what they could get.
"We obtain material that we have access to," said. "We look to do that, but we're not going to do it by corrupting people or trying to find a way to bribe them into giving us video. That's not what we do."
The Chiefs acted swiftly by releasing Hunt within hours after TMZ published the video, and the league placed Hunt on the Commissioner's Exempt List.
indicated those two examples of action shows the league took the matter seriously.
"I think what we're doing as a league is extraordinary," he said. "We have -- I think -- some of the highest standards of any organization. We take this seriously. We have zero tolerance for violence against women, and as a league, I think we've responded very quickly."
Here are the other areas the league commissioner discussed:
said the NFL always looks for ways to improve investigative procedures: "The dynamics change, the complexity of those change, and so we're always looking at how do we improve it."
On the Washington Redskins claiming linebacker Reuben Foster off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers, said that is a team decision.



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Again, not to side with , but, I said pretty much the same thing in the thread about Hunt.


Having said that, it will not surprise me in the future to learn that the NFL's investigation office has started paying TMZ under the table to buy certain videos and release them to the public.


That would of course give the power to pick and choose which videos get released and which get buried.


Selective Enforcement, anyone?
__________________
"Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens" --- Talking Heads
  sprocketboy is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.