>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > Politics and Religion Forum
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #796
HipKat
Remembers When The Pats Sucked
 
HipKat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pekin, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
Posts: 1,063
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $71750


HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmackdaddy View Post
The people who had the power to stop Russian interference were not the Trump campaign.


Not in the politics forum or you'd know somebody's poor ox is about to be gored.
Reading and posting are two different things. And like I said recently I have not posted in here because it’s hard enough being a Buffalo Bills fan on the New England Patriots forum as it is.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
OK, let me dumb it down a bit so the point is crystal clear;

Giuliani went to Ukraine in June 2017

Giuliani joined the Trump team in April 2018

Ergo...Trump did not direct Guliani to go to Ukraine unless he did it from his magical time machine. Trump had nothing to do with Guliani's trip to Ukraine, because that took place when Trump was busy firing corrupt FBI officials at the time...remember that? That's when Giuliani went to Ukraine....way back BEFORE even Mueller was appointed.

So yes, Trump very possibly and likely had no idea why Guliani went to Ukraine. Clear? Following this?

Guliani scheduled another trip to Ukraine in January 2020, which was canceled after the bullshit whistleblower stuff.

Now, let me outline this again....

Guliani goes to Ukraine

Guliani joins the Trump team

Trump tells Urkraine he is going to send Guliani to Ukraine, but that trip had already been scheduled long before the phone call, for 2020, and never took place!

So now.....what about these phantasmal "lies"?

Trump said he didn't direct Guliani to go to Ukraine...well, obviously, because Guliani went long, long before he joined the Trump team.

Trump said he was sending Guliani to Ukraine in the phone call, because the trip was scheduled months before the phone call, and planned for January 2020. That trip never happened.

So, Trump was correct in both instances, and only listening to MSM bullshit propaganda that hides facts that they don't like can lead anyone to think anything else.
That’s a really nice twist but what Bill O’Reilly asked Donald Trump was why was he sending Giuliani to Ukraine to talk to the president after Trump told the president of Ukraine that he was sending Giuliani. By the way, Giuliani went over there after he joined the Trump team, also. If I’m not mistaken, his last trip was this past December

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Z.O. View Post
I used to really like you until you came over here, actually looked forward to Pats/Bills games because you were always a great contributor.

You really suck on this side of the curtain.
Why, because I hate Donald Trump or because I pointed out that the FISA warrants case was still under investigation. Are you telling me I don’t have the freedom to hate Donald Trump? I love slayer. If you hate slayer should I hate you back?
  HipKat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #797
johnlocke
Registered User
 
johnlocke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Salisbury, NH
Posts: 7,551
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $959870
My Mood


johnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoon
johnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonjohnlocke causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Reading and posting are two different things. And like I said recently I have not posted in here because it’s hard enough being a Buffalo Bills fan on the New England Patriots forum as it is.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------


That’s a really nice twist but what Bill O’Reilly asked Donald Trump was why was he sending Giuliani to Ukraine to talk to the president after Trump told the president of Ukraine that he was sending Giuliani. By the way, Giuliani went over there after he joined the Trump team, also. If I’m not mistaken, his last trip was this past December

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------



Why, because I hate Donald Trump or because I pointed out that the FISA warrants case was still under investigation. Are you telling me I don’t have the freedom to hate Donald Trump? I love slayer. If you hate slayer should I hate you back?
Fucking love Slayer, for whatever it's worth.

Just Gary Holt laying it out there.


Last edited by johnlocke; 04-02-2020 at 03:56 PM..
__________________
“I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry
  johnlocke is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #798
Mr NFLfan
Registered User
 
Mr NFLfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I live where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
Posts: 3,845
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $597150
My Mood


Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Nothing wrong with hating Trump HipCat most Americans do. I certainly hate that asshole.
  Mr NFLfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:09 PM   #799
Mr NFLfan
Registered User
 
Mr NFLfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I live where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
Posts: 3,845
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $597150
My Mood


Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Was reading an article today where scientist are presently testing a vaccine on mice that was originally developed for SARS and MERS which are both in the same family of corona viruses. So far they are looking promising but will still be at least a year away from the public.

Last edited by Mr NFLfan; 04-02-2020 at 04:13 PM..
  Mr NFLfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #800
Coltsfan2theend
Semi Pro Sharp Shooter in Training
 
Coltsfan2theend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,231
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $241500
My Mood


Coltsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that good
Coltsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that goodColtsfan2theend should plot to take over the world, they're that good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr NFLfan View Post
Nothing wrong with hating Trump HipCat most Americans do. I certainly hate that asshole.
Proof most do or are you assuming? I won’t say that is right or wrong but can’t say that for sure.
__________________
Warning *posts made are not all serious*
  Coltsfan2theend is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #801
O_P_T
Why Be Normal
 
O_P_T's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 21,213
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $840375
My Mood


O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Last I saw, the FISA issue was still in litigation and is being dealt with. You wanna compare that with over 15,000 Trump lies? Just the fact that anyone defends him at all is twisted.
Over 15,000 lies?

Here's what you posted in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Not that it matters, but President Trump has made 15,413 false or misleading claims over 1,055 days

I had a customer yesterday who was one of those misinformed people that think Trump has never lied, ever! Or that he doesn't lie any more than any politician...
So saying something "misleading" is a now classified as a "lie"?

Thank you for proving my post about the change in the meaning of the word "lie".

I take it as an axiom that the probability of any statement made by a politician can be construed as "misleading" is asymptotically approaching 1.

Just consider what any of them say when asked a yes or no question.

Do any of them answer yes or no?

Of course not, they blather on for a few paragraphs obfuscating what ever it was that was being asked and what their response was.

Oh and BTW, I just happened to come across this today.

Quote:
Fact-checking the Washington Post: Is it truthfully reporting Trump’s ‘lies’?

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: The President stated that the Japan trade deal was a “$40 Billion” deal.

Post Evidence: The deal involved only $7 billion in agricultural products.

Our Fact-Check: The deal does involve $7 billion in agricultural products, but, according to Fortune magazine on October 7, 2019, it also included “$40 billion commitment to digital trade” by Japan. The Washington Post itself acknowledged as much in its reprinting of a Bloomberg article on the US-Japan Trade Talks on October 10, 2019 which describes the $40 billion digital trade commitment.

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: Trump says grown men ranchers and farmers were crying as he announced the signing of the repeal of certain environmental regulations.

Post Evidence: A video of the ceremony showing no one crying.

Our Fact-Check: The video never shows the entire audience, and one of the few ranchers shown appears emotional.

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: That a border wall was being built (the Post claims 242 lies of this nature).

Post Evidence: By technical definition, the barrier is not a “wall” because it does not have a continuous base, but is rather a “bollard fence.”

Our Fact-Check: To also be technical, thirty-foot beams in this barrier are not true “bollards,” which are by definition short and stubby, and there is a continual, albeit thin, base at the bottom. But more substantively, before construction began, Trump had for some time called this a “steel-slat wall” and the Border Patrol calls it a “bollard-style steel wall.”

,,,

Post Claim of Trump Lie: Trump’s claim he “built” 100 miles of border wall.

Post Evidence: Most of the barrier was a replacement of previous fencing.

Our Fact-Check: If one builds a house to replace an inferior, or even perhaps superior, structure, he is still building a house.

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: Trump claims his July 25, 2019 phone call with President Zelensky of Ukraine was “perfect.”

Post Evidence: White House officials were “alarmed” by the call.

Our Fact-Check: This is an absurd claim over an opinion, not a fact. The President in charge of foreign policy and his opinion controls under the Constitution. To boot, Zelensky was extremely pleased with the call.

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: Trump stated that the Ukrainian Prosecutor Viktor Shokin was caused to be fired in March 2016 by Joe Biden for investigating Burisma and his son Hunter.

Post Evidence: Ukrainian activist Daria Kaleniuk said Shokin “had not been investigating” Burisma, and, according to the Post, firing Shokin was a “diplomatic victory.”

Our Fact-Check: Kaleniuk is a Soros-funded Biden supporter and her opinion is suspect. She was correct that there was a stalled investigation, at least prior to December 2015. On December 9, 2015, the New York Times reported Shokin was now investigating Burisma. Soon, on February 4, 2016, Shokin raided the home of Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky. In response, Hunter Biden’s group lobbied the State Department, whose official Victoria Nuland then criticized Shokin. The United States policy was controlled by Secretary of State John Kerry, father of Hunter’s partner, and Joe Biden.

...

Post Claim of Trump Lie: Trump said Hunter Biden visited China with his father in 2015 on Air Force Two, “walked away” with a “$1.5 billion investment for his fund” and “made millions.”

Post Evidence: Hunter Biden did not own any of the fund, BHR, and did not get his 10% equity until 2017. The capitalization of BHR was $3.4 million, so Hunter’s stake was worth only $340,000. He has not yet received compensation and there is no proof he landed $1.5 billion. According to the Post Biden had not yet been paid any compensation.

Our Fact-Check: Jonathan Li, head of BHR, a joint venture with the State-owned Bank of China, admitted he was raising $1.5 billion, very likely with the Bank’s support. Hunter Biden went on the Advisory Board twelve days after leaving China and the 2017 date of vesting conveniently coincided with his father’s departure from office, a fact that is inculpatory, not exculpatory. A 10% stake in a successful billion dollar-plus fund is extremely valuable, perhaps into the mid-eight figures. No one values an investment fund based on the value of its computers, furniture and other capital items. To say Biden made “millions” is an understatement.
So with these claims of "lies" not entirely correct, and who knows how many of the other 15K examples simply cases of "misleading", you'll forgive me if i don't find your argument persuasive.
__________________
I AM PATRIOTS

"Some day I want to see them raise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl, "Jesus Christ, it's the Goddamned Patriots again and that son-of-a-f*cking-bitch Belichick".
Paraphrasing George S. Patton
  O_P_T is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #802
PatsFan09
Done. And. Done.
 
PatsFan09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Circumlocuting around New England...
Posts: 19,737
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1536988
My Mood


PatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoon
PatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoonPatsFan09 causes furry woodland creatures and birds to sing to them like a Disney cartoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend View Post
Proof most do or are you assuming? I won’t say that is right or wrong but can’t say that for sure.


His approval rate is at 42-43%.
Not sure if all 57-58% who disapprove hate him, but from what I’ve observed, a huge chunk certainly do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
"You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look through
the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self. " Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
  PatsFan09 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:18 PM   #803
O.Z.O.
rude and offensive
 
O.Z.O.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: indoors
Posts: 21,451
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $503151
My Mood


O.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
O.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousyO.Z.O. makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Reading and posting are two different things. And like I said recently I have not posted in here because it’s hard enough being a Buffalo Bills fan on the New England Patriots forum as it is.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------


That’s a really nice twist but what Bill O’Reilly asked Donald Trump was why was he sending Giuliani to Ukraine to talk to the president after Trump told the president of Ukraine that he was sending Giuliani. By the way, Giuliani went over there after he joined the Trump team, also. If I’m not mistaken, his last trip was this past December

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------



Why, because I hate Donald Trump or because I pointed out that the FISA warrants case was still under investigation. Are you telling me I don’t have the freedom to hate Donald Trump? I love slayer. If you hate slayer should I hate you back?
Hating Trump has nothing to do with it and you actually would be quite surprised at the number of right leaning posters here that share your distaste. No, it’s because of your ideology...you’re a Commie scumbag and your analogy is childish. Does that clear it up or would you like to insult my intelligence some more with some ORANGEMANBAD!!1! type comparables?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


#FBaltimore: their coach, and their fans too
  O.Z.O. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #804
HipKat
Remembers When The Pats Sucked
 
HipKat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pekin, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
Posts: 1,063
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $71750


HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlocke View Post
Fucking love Slayer, for whatever it's worth.

Just Gary Holt laying it out there.

Positive rep x infinity!

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend View Post
Proof most do or are you assuming? I won’t say that is right or wrong but can’t say that for sure.
40% approval, lost the popular vote

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_P_T View Post
Over 15,000 lies?

Here's what you posted in that regard.



So saying something "misleading" is a now classified as a "lie"?
Cool story bro. I think my dad beat my ass for "misleading statements" more than few

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Z.O. View Post
Hating Trump has nothing to do with it and you actually would be quite surprised at the number of right leaning posters here that share your distaste. No, it’s because of your ideology...you’re a Commie scumbag and your analogy is childish. Does that clear it up or would you like to insult my intelligence some more with some ORANGEMANBAD!!1! type comparables?
You insult your own intelligence by your lust for the bad orangeman. One day, the light will go on for you
  HipKat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #805
Mr NFLfan
Registered User
 
Mr NFLfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I live where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
Posts: 3,845
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $597150
My Mood


Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Mr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonightMr NFLfan won't go home lonely tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFan09 View Post
His approval rate is at 42-43%.
Not sure if all 57-58% who disapprove hate him, but from what I’ve observed, a huge chunk certainly do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And his handling of this pandemic sure hasn't won him anyone's affection. Its sickening to watch that drone mumble on during these covid-19 pep rallies all the while filling the American public with line after line of bull shit. The number of Americans that hate him is growing dam near as fast as this virus is spreading.
  Mr NFLfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #806
O_P_T
Why Be Normal
 
O_P_T's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 21,213
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $840375
My Mood


O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
My point is, you cannot possibly compare Trump's lying to anyone else. It's like trying to compare Niagara Falls to a drippy faucet.

As far as shredding this country, let's see, where shall I begin?? Well, we don't give a crap about nature anymore since Trump has rolled back over 80 protective regulations, most recently rolling back fuel efficiency standards.
Are you suggesting that any and all environmental regulations are by definition "proper and good"?

OK, here's a hypothetical.

A POTUS, in the next 2 years, simply bans all use of fossil fuels.

Is that a good thing?

Saint Greta would certainly approve.

But since ~80% of the energy the US uses comes from fossil fuels that would make the recent economic downturn due to COVID-19 look like the DotCom bubble.

People would die because nothing could be transported in this country.

I'd say that's a bad regulation, but hey, that's just how I roll.

Am I suggesting that what ever regulations Trump rolled back are to the same degree as this?

Of course not, but I brought it up to illustrate a point. One must consider the cost and the benefit of any given regulation.

How do the regulations rolled back by Trump stack up in that category?

That is a worthwhile discussion to have and reasonable people can disagree on the topic.

But that's not what you did. You essentially stated that those 80 regulations are essential, hence one can only "care about the environment" if one embraced them.

The cost and benefit never even came up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
His mere presence has destroyed years-long friendships and families.
Huh? So you're saying that because people disagree about him that is "destroying" families and relationships?

Hell Red Sox and Yankees have been doing that for a 100 odd years in Connecticut, but I digress.

So you're saying that people feel so strongly about him that they will distance themselves for friends and family that don't think the same about him?

That's his fault?

You don't think the individuals involved have even the teeny tiniest part to play in that?

Oh and let me ask you one simple thing.

What would you suggest is the distribution as to which party decided an opinion about Trump was the non-negotiable item? Opposed or in favor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
Other countries are limiting associations with us and yes, that's a bad thing to come between our alllies.
So who exactly is cheesed off at us?

Our NATO allies for being hounded to meet the military spending targets they promised they would?

Yeah, how horrible of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
His attacks on anyone that doesn't agree with him set an example that you can see everywhere you look. See families and friendships above.
Of course, every other politician hugs their opposites and sings Kum Ba yah with them. Not a single one "attacks" their opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
America is supposed to be the beacon in the light, not the laughing stock. The nation that sets higher standards, not lower. The leader of the free world, most powerful seat in the world should have standards, dignity, and morals
I'm going to leave this one to the Baron, it's right up his wheel house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
- like Republicans once embraced, not brag of a love affair with a N. Korean dictator that made him look stupid and coddle up to our number 1 enemy while disrespecting his own Nation Security.
Look, you clearly haven't been paying attention to Trump's SOP. He's been doing this since he was doing real estate deals in NYC.

Everything is about "the deal". Everything is a negotiation.

As part of that he describes the other person in the negotiation in one of two ways: They are either the utter scum of the earth, or their the virtual second coming of Jesus. There's no middle ground.

Which one he chooses at any given moment depends on which he thinks will help him in the negotiation.

Now, one can not be a fan of such behavior, but it has the advantage of being transparent.

Stop and think about Kim for a moment. He went from "little rocket man" to being praised by Trump.

The first was an example of the scum of the earth bin, the other the latter.

Oh, and just a casual perusal of US history will show various US officials saying "nice" things about truly the scum of the earth. It's called diplomacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
And let me just talk about the Mueller Report, since it came up on here. The Mueller Report wasn't a fail. The Democrats did what they always do and pussied out because it didn't make an easy case. Democrats don't like working hard. They want everything to just happen with minimal effort. I read the Mueller Report, Every page.

The only thing that stopped the report from filing charges was the DOJ Opinion on indicting a sitting President.
Uh no.

As Mueller clarified(?) in his Congressional testimony is that they never even determined if he could be charged.
"Was there sufficient evidence to convict President Trump or anyone else with obstruction of justice?" Buck asked.

"We did not make that calculation," Mueller said, citing the OLC opinion.
Now I don't know how you can spin "not making that calculation" to mean that they were ready to make the charge.

One would think that a precursor to making any charge was the "calculation" regarding such a charge.

So as a minimum, I would consider your claim to be, shall we say "misleading"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
It detailed this, explicitly just like it detailed the Trump campaign not helping, but not stopping Russian interference in the election, knowing it would benefit Trump. Again, it went through of it in detail. 418 pages worth.
OK wait, just what the frack was the Trump campaign supposed to do to "stop" Russian interference?

Were they supposed to get the CIA/NSA/FBI to do something? No, I'm pretty sure that's the responsibility of whomever the POTUS is.

Were they supposed to get Facebook to stop running add bought by Russians?

OK, if one supposes that's their responsibility, just how the frack do they do that?

Tell me, what were they supposed to do to stop Russian interference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
But because Mueller didn't do the dirty work for them, the Democrats shrivelled up, as they do. And that's why they'll probably lose in November. Not because Trump is some great choice, but because they don't have the spines to fight just as dirty as the Republicans do

Oh, and I've been here for almost 10 years
Yeah, it's not like the Democrats would be willing to hire a foreign national to dig up dirt on their opponent and then feed that to the various Intelligence services to run an intelligence op on the opposition campaign. They're too "nice"

Oh and if the behavior of Numes is your definition of "shriveling up" I sure as shite would hate to see what standing tall would look like.
__________________
I AM PATRIOTS

"Some day I want to see them raise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl, "Jesus Christ, it's the Goddamned Patriots again and that son-of-a-f*cking-bitch Belichick".
Paraphrasing George S. Patton
  O_P_T is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:12 PM   #807
tehmackdaddy
post tenebras lux
 
tehmackdaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: IN the world, but not OF the world
Posts: 18,886
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $554541
My Mood


tehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that good
tehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that goodtehmackdaddy should plot to take over the world, they're that good
We're testing a TB vaccine as well:
Quote:

Explainer: How an Old Tuberculosis Vaccine Might Help Fight the New Coronavirus
April 2, 2020

BY LISA RAPAPORT

(Reuters) - There is no vaccine against the novel coronavirus, called SARS-CoV-2, that is spreading rapidly around the world. But scientists in several countries are testing a century-old tuberculosis (TB) vaccine to see if it might boost the immune system to reduce respiratory symptoms in people who get new coronavirus infections.

Researchers in Australia and Europe are testing whether the Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine, introduced in the 1920s to fight tuberculosis, might be deployed to combat COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus. Clinical trials are focused on two groups at high-risk for COVID-19: health care workers and the elderly.

Here is what scientists know, and what they are trying to find out:

HOW CAN A TB VACCINE HELP WITH OTHER INFECTIONS?

The BCG vaccine contains a live but weakened strain of tuberculosis bacteria that provokes the body to develop antibodies to attack TB bacteria. This is called an adaptive immune response, because the body develops a defense against a specific disease-causing microorganism, or pathogen, after encountering it. Most vaccines create an adaptive immune response to a single pathogen.

Unlike other vaccines, the BCG vaccine may also boost the innate immune system, first-line defenses that keep a variety of pathogens from entering the body or from establishing an infection. One study in Guinea-Bissau found 50% lower mortality rates in children vaccinated with BCG than in kids who did not get this vaccine. That is a much bigger drop in deaths than could be explained by a reduction in TB cases. Some studies have found similar reductions in respiratory infections among teens and the elderly.

WHAT SCIENTISTS DO NOT KNOW

Scientists do not have data yet on the effect of BCG vaccination on coronaviruses in general or SARS-CoV-2 in particular.

There are also many BCG vaccines, with different capacities to protect against various TB strains. Scientists need to determine which BCG vaccines might have the best ability to boost the innate immune system to fight COVID-19.

WHO SHOULD GET THE BCG VACCINE RIGHT NOW?

Scientists say it will take several months to get results from trials testing the BCG vaccine to fight COVID-19. In the meantime, people should not rush to get it because it has not been widely tested in adults and might be harmful. Also, a run on the BCG vaccine to fight COVID-19 might cause shortages for children who need it to prevent TB.

Link


---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr NFLfan View Post
And his handling of this pandemic sure hasn't won him anyone's affection. Its sickening to watch that drone mumble on during these covid-19 pep rallies all the while filling the American public with line after line of bull shit. The number of Americans that hate him is growing dam near as fast as this virus is spreading.
Actually, his poll numbers have gone UP during all this which is why certain networks won't cover his press briefings any longer.
__________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

-MLK Jr.
  tehmackdaddy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #808
patswin
WTF
 
patswin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gelatinous, Mass
Posts: 11,901
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $643830
My Mood


patswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under center
patswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under centerpatswin has warm hands under center
Man this thread got derailed.
  patswin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #809
O_P_T
Why Be Normal
 
O_P_T's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 21,213
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $840375
My Mood


O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
O_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power posterO_P_T is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Z.O. View Post
Hating Trump has nothing to do with it and you actually would be quite surprised at the number of right leaning posters here that share your distaste. No, it’s because of your ideology...you’re a Commie scumbag and your analogy is childish. Does that clear it up or would you like to insult my intelligence some more with some ORANGEMANBAD!!1! type comparables?
Dude, IMHO that was unnecessary.

You're doing the very same thing the OrangeManBad crowd does.

Claiming you know exactly what the other guy is thinking and thus what they meant, not willing to consider that your perception is not, in fact, reality.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who loathe Trump that are not "commie scumbags".

This country has been suffering from POTUS Derangement Syndrome for as long as I can remember, and I can remember JFK's funeral.
__________________
I AM PATRIOTS

"Some day I want to see them raise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl, "Jesus Christ, it's the Goddamned Patriots again and that son-of-a-f*cking-bitch Belichick".
Paraphrasing George S. Patton
  O_P_T is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #810
HipKat
Remembers When The Pats Sucked
 
HipKat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pekin, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
Posts: 1,063
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $71750


HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
HipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy trafficHipKat can make a spectacular post in heavy traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr NFLfan View Post
And his handling of this pandemic sure hasn't won him anyone's affection. Its sickening to watch that drone mumble on during these covid-19 pep rallies all the while filling the American public with line after line of bull shit. The number of Americans that hate him is growing dam near as fast as this virus is spreading.
But his ratings are epic....
  HipKat is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.