>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Five Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #31
Frog
Hello I'm a frog
 
Frog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 154
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $6356


Frog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enough
I think it looks great. I'm mostly interested in seeing what his training routine is and how he constantly prepares even when he's at home.

I don't understand why people think he's a whack a doodle. He's constantly trying to improve on his diet and exercise in regards to what works best for him. He's a 40 year old MVP so whatever he's doing is obviously working.
  Frog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:15 AM   #32
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,169
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $965087
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
I don't understand why people think he's a whack a doodle.
Well, for starters, he endorsed a beverage created by his friend and business partner who keeps getting in trouble for practicing medicine without a license that alleged to cure concussions.

That's Goop level nonsense.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #33
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,342
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $966617
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
Infomercial
I have no doubt that this will be a big production infomercial for TB12, but I'll still watch. I'll just hide my wallet so I can't impulsively order concussion juice.

__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #34
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,169
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $965087
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideau View Post
I have no doubt that this will be a big production infomercial for TB12, but I'll still watch. I'll just hide my wallet so I can't impulsively order concussion juice.

Dude, Brady is a pretty good QB so obviously his water cures head trauma.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #35
Giant Octopodes
Registered User
 
Giant Octopodes's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 592
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $35738


Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!
Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!Giant Octopodes is a gangsta!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Dude, Brady is a pretty good QB so obviously his water cures head trauma.
Though we can certainly all laugh at that, look at the end of this year from the perspective of someone who is an aspiring football QB:

Carson Wentz, the barely more than rookie phenom, injures his ACL. He is done for the season, doesn't get MVP, and his team is the first underdog 1 seed facing a 6 seed in history.

Tom Brady, the 40 year old GOAT, injures his ACL. He misses a few practices, and though his performance declines, he goes out there with his team and does enough for them to win the 1 seed, and for him to win the MVP.

If you don't think that sells a few TB12 Methods then who's the whackadoodle? I'm not saying his ACL injury was not as severe because of what he does, but HE makes those kinds of claims in his book, then goes out there and provides people that kind of example? What else are people who are not themselves doctors and don't know enough to definitively say his "pliability" did NOT help avoid more severe injury supposed to think?

I don't think anyone's running out there to drink that second gallon of water because Tom Brady thinks it helps avoid sunburns. But I certainly DO think what he does on the football field, his resilience to injury since adopting this method post-acl tear, and his performance at an advancing age, makes people correlate that with validity to that which he espouses.
  Giant Octopodes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #36
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,342
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $966617
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes View Post
Carson Wentz, the barely more than rookie phenom, injures his ACL. He is done for the season, doesn't get MVP, and his team is the first underdog 1 seed facing a 6 seed in history.

Tom Brady, the 40 year old GOAT, injures his ACL. He misses a few practices, and though his performance declines, he goes out there with his team and does enough for them to win the 1 seed, and for him to win the MVP.


Did I miss something? Brady injured his ACL and missed a few practices this year?
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #37
Hawg73
Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
 
Hawg73's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gumdrop house on Lollipop Ln.
Posts: 20,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $640152
My Mood


Hawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power poster
Hawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideau View Post


Did I miss something? Brady injured his ACL and missed a few practices this year?
Tore it completely in half.

Cured it in a week by breathing bottled oxygen from the Himalayas while Alex Guerrero treated the knee with leeches. True story.
  Hawg73 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #38
mikiemo83
BANNED
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in your mind
Posts: 72,255
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $982149242
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Well, for starters, he endorsed a beverage created by his friend and business partner who keeps getting in trouble for practicing medicine without a license that alleged to cure concussions.

That's Goop level nonsense.
cure or prevent?
  mikiemo83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #39
Frog
Hello I'm a frog
 
Frog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 154
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $6356


Frog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Well, for starters, he endorsed a beverage created by his friend and business partner who keeps getting in trouble for practicing medicine without a license that alleged to cure concussions.

That's Goop level nonsense.
Pretty sure all Brady claimed was that it could help with the recovery process. Either way, got anything else?
  Frog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #40
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,169
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $965087
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
Tore it completely in half.

Cured it in a week by breathing bottled oxygen from the Himalayas while Alex Guerrero treated the knee with leeches. True story.
The leeches remove the toxins.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Pretty sure all Brady claimed was that it could help with the recovery process.
Which it does not.

Edit: I should point out that there are links between dehydration and increased risk of brain trauma (the UFC runs into this issue due to weight cutting dehydration) which I'm guessing is where this snake oil claim originates from.

Last edited by Jaric; 01-10-2018 at 10:23 AM..
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #41
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, 3 League MVPs
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 10,253
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $243500
My Mood


Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes View Post
Though we can certainly all laugh at that, look at the end of this year from the perspective of someone who is an aspiring football QB:

Carson Wentz, the barely more than rookie phenom, injures his ACL. He is done for the season, doesn't get MVP, and his team is the first underdog 1 seed facing a 6 seed in history.

Tom Brady, the 40 year old GOAT, injures his ACL. He misses a few practices, and though his performance declines, he goes out there with his team and does enough for them to win the 1 seed, and for him to win the MVP.

If you don't think that sells a few TB12 Methods then who's the whackadoodle? I'm not saying his ACL injury was not as severe because of what he does, but HE makes those kinds of claims in his book, then goes out there and provides people that kind of example? What else are people who are not themselves doctors and don't know enough to definitively say his "pliability" did NOT help avoid more severe injury supposed to think?

I don't think anyone's running out there to drink that second gallon of water because Tom Brady thinks it helps avoid sunburns. But I certainly DO think what he does on the football field, his resilience to injury since adopting this method post-acl tear, and his performance at an advancing age, makes people correlate that with validity to that which he espouses.
It was his achilles not ACL. But your point is still valid. This is why I am excited for this special. What Brady has done at age 40 is remarkable and I am interested to see his routine. As someone who has practiced holistic methods for most of my life, I do not need any convincing that what Brady is doing is working.
__________________





“The best quarterback ever to play the game is Tom Brady, in my opinion. Without a doubt.” - Emmitt Smith

“Tom Brady is the greatest football player in the 97-year history of the NFL.” - Shannon Sharpe

“All of us living should understand how blessed we are to be in this moment while he’s doing what he’s doing. I say yes to comparing him to Michael Jordan, and I think what he’s doing is more difficult.”
- Michael Irving
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #42
Hawg73
Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
 
Hawg73's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gumdrop house on Lollipop Ln.
Posts: 20,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $640152
My Mood


Hawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power poster
Hawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power posterHawg73 is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
The leeches remove the toxins.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------



Which it does not.
Obviously. Plus, his kids think it's cool.

For those of us who may be getting a little touchy because the Sacred Goat is being mocked, I'd just like to point out that Brady was asked what he likes to listen to while he's working out. He hemmed and hawed and tried to dodge the question, but he finally spilled the beans.

Coldplay.

  Hawg73 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #43
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,169
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $965087
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
Obviously. Plus, his kids think it's cool.

For those of us who may be getting a little touchy because the Sacred Goat is being mocked, I'd just like to point out that Brady was asked what he likes to listen to while he's working out. He hemmed and hawed and tried to dodge the question, but he finally spilled the beans.

Coldplay.

I actually liked Coldplays first two albums. (come at me!). That said, I can't imagine working out to it, even on LazySunday™ workouts.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #44
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,342
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $966617
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
Obviously. Plus, his kids think it's cool.

For those of us who may be getting a little touchy because the Sacred Goat is being mocked, I'd just like to point out that Brady was asked what he likes to listen to while he's working out. He hemmed and hawed and tried to dodge the question, but he finally spilled the beans.

Coldplay.

The only possible worse answer is Dave Matthews
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #45
Frog
Hello I'm a frog
 
Frog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 154
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $6356


Frog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enoughFrog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
Obviously. Plus, his kids think it's cool.

For those of us who may be getting a little touchy because the Sacred Goat is being mocked, I'd just like to point out that Brady was asked what he likes to listen to while he's working out. He hemmed and hawed and tried to dodge the question, but he finally spilled the beans.

Coldplay.

I just think it's overblown. Any interview or behind the scenes look at him in the Pats facitiliy to me shows he is a very genuine guy that people like. Never seen anything whacky. He is obsessed with getting better and improving his health so maybe that has led him to try some interesting things. But people act like he is running some cult in TB12, it's ridiculous.
  Frog is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.