>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #106
mikiemo83
enjoying life.
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 72,050
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $981439992
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
mikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant futuremikiemo83 has a brilliant future
I haveto ask

was the ride in your AV a bit uncomfortable
__________________
Blindly Drinking the Patriots Kool-Aid since 1976
  mikiemo83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #107
3 Point Stan
POW! Right in the kissah.
 
3 Point Stan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 14,846
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $467240
My Mood


3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
Is that the Enchantment of the Seas?
  3 Point Stan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #108
JD10367
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 28,730
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $120502


JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
I haveto ask

was the ride in your AV a bit uncomfortable
AV? If you're referring to my avatar, i.e. the harness set-up for ziplining, I'd have to say, "Yes" (or, in a high-pitched voice, "Yes!"). One of the traverses was straight down, and basically the guy on the top platform held your weight and then dropped you and halfway down the guy on the ground took up the weight, and the result was that you plummetted about 10 feet and then got yanked to a stop. Let's just say, I cried out sharply, and it wasn't from fear. In my review on Cruise Critic I said, "Men: bring a cup."
  JD10367 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #109
JD10367
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 28,730
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $120502


JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Point Stan View Post
Is that the Enchantment of the Seas?
Ayup.
  JD10367 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #110
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,266
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $959367
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Point Stan View Post
Is that the Enchantment of the Seas?
The wife and I were on the big one, Freedom on the Seas. Below is us in Cancun. The size of the ship is difficult to describe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010023.jpg (114.7 KB, 82 views)
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #111
3 Point Stan
POW! Right in the kissah.
 
3 Point Stan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 14,846
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $467240
My Mood


3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideau View Post
The wife and I were on the big one, Freedom on the Seas. Below is us in Cancun. The size of the ship is difficult to describe.
I've been on that ship too. Unbelievable.

You guys have great taste in cruise lines. Royal Caribbean is the balls.
  3 Point Stan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #112
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,266
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $959367
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Point Stan View Post
I've been on that ship too. Unbelievable.

You guys have great taste in cruise lines. Royal Caribbean is the balls.
I've only been once. My wife has been twice. A couple of years ago, her mother took her on a cruise to the Panama Canal on "Brilliance of the Seas". I'd love to take cruises on a regular interval, but I'm still paying off six years of college tuition for my kids :(
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #113
3 Point Stan
POW! Right in the kissah.
 
3 Point Stan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 14,846
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $467240
My Mood


3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideau View Post
I've only been once. My wife has been twice. A couple of years ago, her mother took her on a cruise to the Panama Canal on "Brilliance of the Seas". I'd love to take cruises on a regular interval, but I'm still paying off six years of college tuition for my kids :(
Anyone in the Boston/New England area? The Brilliance is a real nice ship. Her sister ship, the Jewel of the Seas, is doing a Boston to Bermuda sailing from Boston on Oct 23rd.

(Yes, cruising is my bidness)
  3 Point Stan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #114
JD10367
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 28,730
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $120502


JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
Bid: cruises aren't that pricey, especially if you do Carib sailings. Carnival's cheap, as are some RCCL cruises, and flying to Fort Liquordale is usually not too expensive.

Stan: I haven't done Bermuda yet, although I'm considering it. But it's a bit repetitive (a couple of sea days, two days in Bermuda, a couple of sea days) and I hear that crossing the Atlantic from New England to Bermuda is definitely city. However, I always hear good things about Bermuda so I'm going to have to put it on my To Do list. I also want to do the Panama Canal, some of the "Saints" (St. Thomas, St. Croix, etc.,.), and more in Europe, as well as a Canadian foliage cruise.

Next up for us, though, is Hawaii in September (NCL, around the islands out of Honolulu) and then the Disney Cruise Line in Dec. of '09. April of '09 we're going on land back to Lost Wages to celebrate our 5th anniversary (assuming she hasn't killed me by then).
  JD10367 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #115
TBrownslady
BINGO!
 
TBrownslady's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lynn city of sin!
Posts: 20,576
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $649786
My Mood


TBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
TBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museumTBrownslady should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
JD these pics are absolutely amazing! I am very jealous I wanna go on a cruise! Thank you so much for sharing!!
__________________
  TBrownslady is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #116
3 Point Stan
POW! Right in the kissah.
 
3 Point Stan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 14,846
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $467240
My Mood


3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy3 Point Stan makes Greek statues weep in jealousy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Stan: I haven't done Bermuda yet, although I'm considering it. But it's a bit repetitive (a couple of sea days, two days in Bermuda, a couple of sea days) and I hear that crossing the Atlantic from New England to Bermuda is definitely city. However, I always hear good things about Bermuda so I'm going to have to put it on my To Do list. I also want to do the Panama Canal, some of the "Saints" (St. Thomas, St. Croix, etc.,.), and more in Europe, as well as a Canadian foliage cruise.
The Atlantic can be quite rough. I find that May is the worst and then it gets better but of course, exceptions occur. Bermuda's only a 2-hour flight from Boston and there are plenty of great non-stop options. But it is EXPENSIVE. There are no all-inclusives and even the optional meal plans cost a bundle. That's why cruising there is decent because your hotel and meals are all included. The draw-back as you said is the time at sea to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Next up for us, though, is Hawaii in September (NCL, around the islands out of Honolulu) and then the Disney Cruise Line in Dec. of '09. April of '09 we're going on land back to Lost Wages to celebrate our 5th anniversary (assuming she hasn't killed me by then).
I assume you're on the Pride of America. Fairly new ship. Let me know your feedback as I have no been on her.

As far as a Disney Cruise let me tell you something - I am NOT a fan of Disney in general. But a Disney Cruise? There is no better product at sea than Disney Cruise Line. They are pricey but you get what you pay for and it feels like you get every dime back in your onboard experience. The cabins are huge - a basic stateroom feels like a suite compared to Royal. Their private island, Castaway Cay is unbelievable. You won't be sorry. Even the embarkation experience is a joy compared to the other cruise lines.
  3 Point Stan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #117
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,266
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $959367
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Point Stan View Post
The Atlantic can be quite rough. I find that May is the worst and then it gets better but of course, exceptions occur. Bermuda's only a 2-hour flight from Boston and there are plenty of great non-stop options. But it is EXPENSIVE. There are no all-inclusives and even the optional meal plans cost a bundle. That's why cruising there is decent because your hotel and meals are all included. The draw-back as you said is the time at sea to get there.
I enjoy the time at sea. RCCL has trips to Bermuda leaving from NJ and Baltimore (at least the last time I checked). Cheap to get to those ports. Haven't been to Bermuda since our honeymoon nearly 26 years ago.

I know that cruises can be had cheap, relatively speaking. But uch of our vacation budget is spent visiting our son in NYC, the mother-in-law in Palm Beach and traveling to Chicago to move the daughter in and then back out (this coming summer).

Someday, when I'm too old to enjoy it, we'll have the extra disposable income to travel. But the leftover debt from the college tuitions is taking up a big part of the budget right now.

Our neighbors took a RCCL cruise around Hawaii. They started in Honolulu, spent one week cruising around the islands, stopping at each one. Then the ship spent four days at sea while heading to San Diego. They loved it.
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #118
JD10367
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 28,730
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $120502


JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Point Stan View Post
I assume you're on the Pride of America. Fairly new ship. Let me know your feedback as I have no been on her.
Well, we're going in with low expectations thanks to the bad reviews of NCL in general and their Hawaiian fleet in particular, the problem there being that they were three American-flagged vessels (America, Hawaii, Aloha) and American workers are surly and nasty, LOL. However, since NCL moved the Hawaii and Aloha out, we're hoping that the America has improved her service. We've never been to Hawaii, so we need to start the research; I know we want to do Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head on land (and my whacky wife wants to dive in a shark cage in the ocean), and we want to do Volcanoes National Park when the ship stops there.

Quote:
As far as a Disney Cruise let me tell you something - I am NOT a fan of Disney in general. But a Disney Cruise? There is no better product at sea than Disney Cruise Line. They are pricey but you get what you pay for and it feels like you get every dime back in your onboard experience. The cabins are huge - a basic stateroom feels like a suite compared to Royal. Their private island, Castaway Cay is unbelievable. You won't be sorry. Even the embarkation experience is a joy compared to the other cruise lines.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it because I hear nothing but good things. And I'm a HUGE Disney fan, so the only way I could get my wife to go back to the theme parks was to wrap it in a cruise, LOL.
  JD10367 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #119
JD10367
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 28,730
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $120502


JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
JD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a lifeJD10367 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideau View Post
I know that cruises can be had cheap, relatively speaking. But uch of our vacation budget is spent visiting our son in NYC, the mother-in-law in Palm Beach and traveling to Chicago to move the daughter in and then back out (this coming summer).
NYC and FL both have cruises leaving their ports. Do what we did, LOL; we said to my parents, "Hi, we're coming down for a cruise, would you like to join us?" That way it was both a family visit AND a cruise vacation.

Quote:
Someday, when I'm too old to enjoy it, we'll have the extra disposable income to travel.
Which is exactly the reason the wife and I are doing it all now. I don't want to be hobbling around Alaska, the Med, or Hawaii with a cane and a hip replacement, LOL. No house, no kids... might as well do it now while I'm still young enough to do stupid things like ziplining.
  JD10367 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #120
bideau
Offering friendly advice
 
bideau's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: With the good
Posts: 26,266
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $959367
My Mood


bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
bideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of lightbideau is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
NYC and FL both have cruises leaving their ports. Do what we did, LOL; we said to my parents, "Hi, we're coming down for a cruise, would you like to join us?" That way it was both a family visit AND a cruise vacation.
The mother-in-law does not cruise anymore (she's 83). She did for a while and my wife went with her to Panama (Her mother paid. We couldn't afford for me to go along).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Which is exactly the reason the wife and I are doing it all now. I don't want to be hobbling around Alaska, the Med, or Hawaii with a cane and a hip replacement, LOL. No house, no kids... might as well do it now while I'm still young enough to do stupid things like ziplining.
It'll improve. The great thing for us is that we've completed our parental obligations and I'm still only 47. It just takes a little bit of time to pay the debts off. But even if we can't travel extensively, we're still very much enjoying the empty nest at a relatively young age ;) :heart:
__________________
"There is no future. There is no past. Thank God this moment's not the last.
There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way, no day but today!" -Rent

8/21/06
  bideau is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.