>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > Politics and Religion Forum
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #31
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
As has been discussed, the bill also bans gay people from adopting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa View Post
The amendment also bans gay couples, and "common law" couples, straight or gay, from adopting. I think that's where Steve-O's point is stemming from.
Ah, ok. The abortion part threw me.

I still don't understand how being anti abortion requires one to also adopt all the unwanted babies, but that's probably another thread.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
Well I speak in general especially when that person uses my exact name in their quote, which he did.
Just a suggestion, if you're going to do that, you might want to clarify in the post to avoid confusion.

Just a "I'm not talking to you specifically" or something to that effect so people know that when you say "you" you don't actually mean "you."
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #33
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Ah, ok. The abortion part threw me.

I still don't understand how being anti abortion requires one to also adopt all the unwanted babies, but that's probably another thread.
Well true, I do not understand why someone feels they should kill a doctor that performs abortions, but thats probably another thread as well.
  midgar8784 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #34
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Just a suggestion, if you're going to do that, you might want to clarify in the post to avoid confusion.

Just a "I'm not talking to you specifically" or something to that effect so people know that when you say "you" you don't actually mean "you."
If I was talking to him specifically, I would make it known. I was answering to my name being brought up in his post...if you are going to say I am doing something, then I get to answer for it, thats at least fair.
  midgar8784 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
Well true, I do not understand why someone feels they should kill a doctor that performs abortions, but thats probably another thread as well.
What better way to show someone that killing is wrong than by killing them?

/heavysarcasm
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
What better way to show someone that killing is wrong than by killing them?

/heavysarcasm
Although....I guess one could say that we do that as well with the death Penalty....
  midgar8784 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #37
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
If I was talking to him specifically, I would make it known. I was answering to my name being brought up in his post...if you are going to say I am doing something, then I get to answer for it, thats at least fair.
Here is the thing though, regardless of what you meant, if you quote someone, and then say "you" people are going to assume that you are refering to them directly. If that isn't what you mean, you might want to keep that in mind so that people reading your post, will understand what you are actually trying to say.

I'm honestly trying to help you here, so don't take this as an attack.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
mikiemo83
Disrespect Coach
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gillette Stadium Basement
Posts: 74,463
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $964385992
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Ah, ok. The abortion part threw me.

I still don't understand how being anti abortion requires one to also adopt all the unwanted babies, but that's probably another thread.
it is now illegal for unmarried to adopt so all those children that are not being adopted need a place, since many use religion as a means to stop same sex marriage those same should step forward and adopt all those babies that were not aborted because the number of people looking to adopt has been reduce significantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
If I was talking to him specifically, I would make it known. I was answering to my name being brought up in his post...if you are going to say I am doing something, then I get to answer for it, thats at least fair.
Middy I understand your point but when typing ones thoughts it is wise to go past the typical conversation stylings and make the point clear...I agree a simple "this is not directed at you" would make a situation a lot more clear
  mikiemo83 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #39
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
Although....I guess one could say that we do that as well with the death Penalty....
You could make that arguement I suppose. I think it's different because I don't view executions as trying to teach that person a lesson. I see them as saying "we're done with you" and moving on.

But you could make that argument.
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #40
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
it is now illegal for unmarried to adopt so all those children that are not being adopted need a place, since many use religion as a means to stop same sex marriage those same should step forward and adopt all those babies that were not aborted because the number of people looking to adopt has been reduce significantly



Middy I understand your point but when typing ones thoughts it is wise to go past the typical conversation stylings and make the point clear...I agree a simple "this is not directed at you" would make a situation a lot more clear
Well to be honest, since he brought up my name in his post...I assumed he felt the same way about what he said....He did say some of the people here, so I guess if we want to get technically he could have said most of the people here except me thinks that the use of the word marriage is the issue. So it did seem, he was including himself in that statement. So while he said that he felt the government should not get involved, he did not say how he felt about the world marriage being used. Also, he made a general statement about me in his post, which seems to be ok with everyone and nobody blasted him for it, when I have never said that all people here are against gay marriage.
  midgar8784 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #41
mikiemo83
Disrespect Coach
 
mikiemo83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gillette Stadium Basement
Posts: 74,463
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $964385992
My Mood


mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
mikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond reputemikiemo83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgar8784 View Post
Well to be honest, since he brought up my name in his post...I assumed he felt the same way about what he said....He did say some of the people here, so I guess if we want to get technically he could have said most of the people here except me thinks that the use of the word marriage is the issue. So it did seem, he was including himself in that statement. So while he said that he felt the government should not get involved, he did not say how he felt about the world marriage being used.
but if you read on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
I think that you'll find that most people here, despite what stevie and middie would like to believe, agree with this view.

Some people do, however, take issue with using the term "marriage," which they view as the traditional man/woman relationship. They prefer "civil union."

Others like myself don't believe that government should be sanctioning ANY marriages/civil unions, as it is not a proper role for government. The only reason that it is even an issue is because government grants privileges vthrough the sanctioning of marriage. Because of this, I believe that government should treat everyone equally under the law, although I believe that NC should have the right to decide for itself, given that no power over marriage is given to the federal govt in the Constitution. The only role that government should have in personal relationships is the enforcing of contracts.
  mikiemo83 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
Steve-o
TACOS
 
Steve-o's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: L-dot-A-dot
Posts: 26,313
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $164662
My Mood


Steve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Steve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirateSteve-o is a zombie robot ninja pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaric View Post
Ah, ok. The abortion part threw me.

I still don't understand how being anti abortion requires one to also adopt all the unwanted babies, but that's probably another thread.
Well, it doesn't per se, though you could certainly make the case that pro-lifers should go adopt all the unwanted babies.

But combine that belief with banning willing adopters of all varieties, and you get the point.

There aren't enough adopters in the world. We should be finding more, not excluding a bunch.
  Steve-o is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
it is now illegal for unmarried to adopt so all those children that are not being adopted need a place, since many use religion as a means to stop same sex marriage those same should step forward and adopt all those babies that were not aborted because the number of people looking to adopt has been reduce significantly
I still don't see how that translates into having to take responsibility for other people's actions.

Just because I've detemined that abortion is killing a child, that doesn't mean that I have to raise that child because someone else can't keep their dick in the pants.

I mean, if you think that dropping a baby in a dumpster is wrong, does that mean you are're a hypocrite if you don't decide to raise it for the parents?
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #44
midgar8784
Banned
 
midgar8784's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54,668
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $250
My Mood


midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
midgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museummidgar8784 should have their sex organs bronzed for posterity and put in a museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiemo83 View Post
but if you read on..
As I said, it was a general statement, I already apologized for how I mistook his post about 8 posts ago, so.....I do wonder however, why he is ok to say that I feel a certain way in his post without a stern talking to by Jaric.
  midgar8784 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #45
Jaric
Vae victis
 
Jaric's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dagobah grow house
Posts: 52,806
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $891337
My Mood


Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Jaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhoreJaric is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
There aren't enough adopters in the world. We should be finding more, not excluding a bunch.
This I agree with. I think gays should have every right to adopt kids(well...right isn't the correct word but you know what I mean.)
__________________
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Your rep message is blank because my phone won't let me comment. Assume it says "you're awesome"
  Jaric is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.