>
Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Home Members List Top Posters Arcade Casino Toolbar
Go Back   Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards > The Razor > The Five Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate
Mark Forums Read rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read
Register All Albums FAQDonate Calendar

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, 3 League MVPs
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $237500
My Mood


Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Robert Kraft - master negotiator; dynasty sustainer

I think it may be time to reevaluate Bobby after yesterday news. By all accounts, he spoke to McD yesterday after McD was about to take the Indy job and convinced him to stay with the Pats.

As I said on the other thread, if we really want to pinpoint who is most responsible for the Pats dynasty, it is not Bill or Brady, it is Mr. Robert Kraft. I can't even imagine the discussions he has had to have over almost two decades to keep this train rolling and he has more ahead of him this off-season BUT after keeping TWO of his assistants (McD and Judge) at the eleventh hour last night, I feel quite good about both our near and distant future.
__________________





“The best quarterback ever to play the game is Tom Brady, in my opinion. Without a doubt.” - Emmitt Smith

“Tom Brady is the greatest football player in the 97-year history of the NFL.” - Shannon Sharpe

“All of us living should understand how blessed we are to be in this moment while he’s doing what he’s doing. I say yes to comparing him to Michael Jordan, and I think what he’s doing is more difficult.”
- Michael Irving
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
TheColtGuy
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 864
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $57000


TheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznit
Not really seeing the coup from yesterday.

I was somewhat relieved, personally. Obviously, I don’t like the uncertainty today, but I was never excited about McDaniels as HC. And now he is likely the successor in New England.
  TheColtGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, 3 League MVPs
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $237500
My Mood


Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtGuy View Post
Not really seeing the coup from yesterday.

I was somewhat relieved, personally. Obviously, I don’t like the uncertainty today, but I was never excited about McDaniels as HC. And now he is likely the successor in New England.
The coup is continuity. Having Josh back keeps the offense moving like the beast it has been for the last several years. Brady coming off an MVP year and our offense performing at a top level despite losing Edelman is definitely a credit to Josh and one I am psyched to see continue.

Josh may or may not be the successor for the Pats as BB still has some time left on his contract BUT the thrust of my post was not so much that as things can changed in a nanosecond in the NFL but Kraft's ability to keep this thing rolling. Dynasties are sustained because of great ownership - players and coaches come and go but longevity and championship seasons are built off of solid ownership and we have been blessed with Kraft driving this ship.

And I realize you probably don't want to hear this today but the largest looming reason for Josh to have wavered on committing and ultimately backing out was one Mr. Jim Irsay. That is why you are in the position you are today.
__________________





“The best quarterback ever to play the game is Tom Brady, in my opinion. Without a doubt.” - Emmitt Smith

“Tom Brady is the greatest football player in the 97-year history of the NFL.” - Shannon Sharpe

“All of us living should understand how blessed we are to be in this moment while he’s doing what he’s doing. I say yes to comparing him to Michael Jordan, and I think what he’s doing is more difficult.”
- Michael Irving
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
chevss454
Running up the score and loving it
 
chevss454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 47,952
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $7863996
My Mood


chevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhore
chevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
I think it may be time to reevaluate Bobby after yesterday news. By all accounts, he spoke to McD yesterday after McD was about to take the Indy job and convinced him to stay with the Pats.

As I said on the other thread, if we really want to pinpoint who is most responsible for the Pats dynasty, it is not Bill or Brady, it is Mr. Robert Kraft. I can't even imagine the discussions he has had to have over almost two decades to keep this train rolling and he has more ahead of him this off-season BUT after keeping TWO of his assistants (McD and Judge) at the eleventh hour last night, I feel quite good about both our near and distant future.
I'm told that both BB and Kraft talked at length to McD. They had different roles and it was up to Kraft to pony up more cash but BB also had a lot to do with McD staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
The coup is continuity. Having Josh back keeps the offense moving like the beast it has been for the last several years. Brady coming off an MVP year and our offense performing at a top level despite losing Edelman is definitely a credit to Josh and one I am psyched to see continue.

Josh may or may not be the successor for the Pats as BB still has some time left on his contract BUT the thrust of my post was not so much that as things can changed in a nanosecond in the NFL but Kraft's ability to keep this thing rolling. Dynasties are sustained because of great ownership - players and coaches come and go but longevity and championship seasons are built off of solid ownership and we have been blessed with Kraft driving this ship.

And I realize you probably don't want to hear this today but the largest looming reason for Josh to have wavered on committing and ultimately backing out was one Mr. Jim Irsay. That is why you are in the position you are today.
I can't agree that McD backed out because of Irsay. In the end, McD realized he had more reasons to stay than reasons to go. Irsay shouldn't have been a consideration imo.
I have a real had time putting this on Irsay.
__________________
Quote:
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
  chevss454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
TheColtGuy
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 864
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $57000


TheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznitTheColtGuy is the shiznit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
The coup is continuity. Having Josh back keeps the offense moving like the beast it has been for the last several years. Brady coming off an MVP year and our offense performing at a top level despite losing Edelman is definitely a credit to Josh and one I am psyched to see continue.

Josh may or may not be the successor for the Pats as BB still has some time left on his contract BUT the thrust of my post was not so much that as things can changed in a nanosecond in the NFL but Kraft's ability to keep this thing rolling. Dynasties are sustained because of great ownership - players and coaches come and go but longevity and championship seasons are built off of solid ownership and we have been blessed with Kraft driving this ship.

And I realize you probably don't want to hear this today but the largest looming reason for Josh to have wavered on committing and ultimately backing out was one Mr. Jim Irsay. That is why you are in the position you are today.
Understood. I hear what you’re saying, but when the history is written about this era, the Pats dominance will rightfully be attributed to the incredible circumstance of having both the greatest coach of all time and the greatest quarterback of all time together on the same team. Every other piece has been interchangeable.

As long as Brady plays at this level, that offense is going to be fierce. I wasn’t less worried about facing it without McDaniels, who arguably has one of the easiest jobs in the NFL.

I think Kraft is a great owner, but the verdict on what just transpired will be better judged when we see how Josh does when promoted to HC.
  TheColtGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, 3 League MVPs
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $237500
My Mood


Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevss454 View Post

I can't agree that McD backed out because of Irsay. In the end, McD realized he had more reasons to stay than reasons to go. Irsay shouldn't have been a consideration imo.
I have a real had time putting this on Irsay.
I read a story (will have to find the link) that BB and Kraft convinced McD to stay because of the instability of the Colts which has been on display in spades since 2012 and that McD was vacillating precisely because of the instability of the org. In the end McD chose to stay as OC over being a HC which to me speaks volumes of his opinion on ownership. That is my take but I am sure there was ton that went into it but again whatever the reasons, Kraft/BB were able to keep the guy and that is why dynasties continue and why I started this thread. I think Kraft deserves some recognition today.
__________________





“The best quarterback ever to play the game is Tom Brady, in my opinion. Without a doubt.” - Emmitt Smith

“Tom Brady is the greatest football player in the 97-year history of the NFL.” - Shannon Sharpe

“All of us living should understand how blessed we are to be in this moment while he’s doing what he’s doing. I say yes to comparing him to Michael Jordan, and I think what he’s doing is more difficult.”
- Michael Irving
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
chevss454
Running up the score and loving it
 
chevss454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 47,952
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $7863996
My Mood


chevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhore
chevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhorechevss454 is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz22 View Post
I read a story (will have to find the link) that BB and Kraft convinced McD to stay because of the instability of the Colts which has been on display in spades since 2012 and that McD was vacillating precisely because of the instability of the org. In the end McD chose to stay as OC over being a HC which to me speaks volumes of his opinion on ownership. That is my take but I am sure there was ton that went into it but again whatever the reasons, Kraft/BB were able to keep the guy and that is why dynasties continue and why I started this thread. I think Kraft deserves some recognition today.
I agree.
__________________
Quote:
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
  chevss454 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #8
Mazz22
5 rings, 4 SB MVPs, 3 League MVPs
 
Mazz22's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 9,970
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $237500
My Mood


Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Mazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a lifeMazz22 is still looking for a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtGuy View Post
Understood. I hear what you’re saying, but when the history is written about this era, the Pats dominance will rightfully be attributed to the incredible circumstance of having both the greatest coach of all time and the greatest quarterback of all time together on the same team. Every other piece has been interchangeable.

As long as Brady plays at this level, that offense is going to be fierce. I wasn’t less worried about facing it without McDaniels, who arguably has one of the easiest jobs in the NFL.

I think Kraft is a great owner, but the verdict on what just transpired will be better judged when we see how Josh does when promoted to HC.
I agree and Kraft is the one responsible for hiring BB and BB drafted Brady. It all begins at the TOP. But even more than that, Kraft is the one that has kept them together for almost 20 years. The Pats could have easily been the Cowboys and had this thing blow up after the first couple of SB wins as success breeds egos. And of course it was Kraft that convinced Brady to take less money several years ago which has directly contributed to 2 SB wins.

Josh may or may not be our next HC but I have full faith that Kraft will get the right guy at the right time.
__________________





“The best quarterback ever to play the game is Tom Brady, in my opinion. Without a doubt.” - Emmitt Smith

“Tom Brady is the greatest football player in the 97-year history of the NFL.” - Shannon Sharpe

“All of us living should understand how blessed we are to be in this moment while he’s doing what he’s doing. I say yes to comparing him to Michael Jordan, and I think what he’s doing is more difficult.”
- Michael Irving
  Mazz22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
Dwight Schrute
Feeling a bit greater
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 28,984
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $666355
My Mood


Dwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power poster
Dwight Schrute is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtGuy View Post
Understood. I hear what you’re saying, but when the history is written about this era, the Pats dominance will rightfully be attributed to the incredible circumstance of having both the greatest coach of all time and the greatest quarterback of all time together on the same team. Every other piece has been interchangeable.

As long as Brady plays at this level, that offense is going to be fierce. I wasn’t less worried about facing it without McDaniels, who arguably has one of the easiest jobs in the NFL.

I think Kraft is a great owner, but the verdict on what just transpired will be better judged when we see how Josh does when promoted to HC.
Fallacy.

TB won’t settle for a puppet. He demands to be coached and pushed.
__________________
The noose gets tighter every day Rog!
  Dwight Schrute is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #10
Big/Sky/Fly
one.funny.phqka
 
Big/Sky/Fly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moonover, Montana
Posts: 23,033
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $121403
My Mood


Big/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhore
Big/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhore
If McD isn't BB's successor in NE, he really screwed bimself. Well, he screwed himself either way. It's the Pats or nothing...NFL wise.
__________________
  Big/Sky/Fly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
Dwight Schrute
Feeling a bit greater
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 28,984
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $666355
My Mood


Dwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power posterDwight Schrute is a power poster
Dwight Schrute is a power poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly View Post
If McD isn't BB's successor in NE, he really screwed bimself. Well, he screwed himself either way. It's the Pats or nothing...NFL wise.
Disagree.

As the wins and stats pile up he’ll be every bit as in demand.

Future employers will just be far more responsible on their end.
__________________
The noose gets tighter every day Rog!
  Dwight Schrute is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #12
patswin
WTF
 
patswin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gelatinous, Mass
Posts: 9,846
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $457830
My Mood


patswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power poster
patswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power posterpatswin is a power poster
It would appear there isn't as much discord in management as ESPN would have you believe. Shocked I tell you.
  patswin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:40 PM   #13
spacecrime
Registered User
 
spacecrime's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hanging with the Howler Monkeys
Posts: 4,410
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $2250


spacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nice
spacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nicespacecrime is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly View Post
If McD isn't BB's successor in NE, he really screwed bimself. Well, he screwed himself either way. It's the Pats or nothing...NFL wise.
Nah. We heard all that when Matty P wore the clown shirt.

If a team thinks JMD is the best candidate for the job, they will jump at him. Why wouldn't they? He really didn't do anything wrong. An agreement is principle is not a contract. The Colts announced he was signed sealed and delivered when he wasn't. That alone should have made him thing twice about the job.
  spacecrime is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #14
Big/Sky/Fly
one.funny.phqka
 
Big/Sky/Fly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moonover, Montana
Posts: 23,033
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $121403
My Mood


Big/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhore
Big/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhoreBig/Sky/Fly is a statwhore
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecrime View Post
Nah. We heard all that when Matty P wore the clown shirt.

If a team thinks JMD is the best candidate for the job, they will jump at him. Why wouldn't they? He really didn't do anything wrong. An agreement is principle is not a contract. The Colts announced he was signed sealed and delivered when he wasn't. That alone should have made him thing twice about the job.
He didn't help his cause...

Wearing a funny shirt isn't nearly the same as agreeing to a job, then backing out at the last minute. This isn't a good look for McD.
__________________
  Big/Sky/Fly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #15
BostonTim
IIWII
 
BostonTim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 25,416
Posting Frequency


Casino cash: $1005000


BostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to behold
BostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to beholdBostonTim is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly View Post
This isn't a good look for McD.
His resume couldn't possibly help him get pass that, could it?


Cheers
__________________
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young
-Bob Dylan
  BostonTim is online now Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.