Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bye Week Priorities (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74170)

Dwight Schrute 10-30-2017 09:30 AM

Bye Week Priorities
 
What are you guys thought?

I think given our personnel and our injury situation, further hampered with Hoganís status questionable, is to come out of the break with a real commitment to the run game and a heavy exploitation of the RBs pass catching ability. Shades of early Weiss. LOTS of screens. We have 3 VERY good pass catchers back there, and even Gillislee can haul some in too. Utilize them.

O.Z.O. 10-30-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2473616)
What are you guys thought?

I think given our personnel and our injury situation, further hampered with Hoganís status questionable, is to come out of the break with a real commitment to the run game and a heavy exploitation of the RBs pass catching ability. Shades of early Weiss. LOTS of screens. We have 3 VERY good pass catchers back there, and even Gillislee can haul some in too. Utilize them.

I like this a lot.

PumpDee 10-30-2017 09:34 AM

They need to address the backup TE spot. Hollister isn't enough and Allen is a joke.

PSC_Pats_Fan 10-30-2017 09:42 AM

Dwayne Allen is probably the biggest free agent bust since Donald Hayes.

Dwight Schrute 10-30-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSC_Pats_Fan (Post 2473620)
Dwayne Allen is probably the biggest free agent bust since Donald Hayes.

Or Stephen Gilmore.

We couldíve re-signed Logan Ryan AND extended Butler at less cost.

foobahl 10-30-2017 09:55 AM

Adalius Thomas says hello

foobahl 10-30-2017 10:00 AM

bye week priorities should be to shore up communications on the defense. I think the whole idea was to have a running game after the bye. David Harris is going to be a big piece of the D going forward if this team is going anywhere. It would be nice to maybe package Gilmore, Allen and Dorsett for some LB and TE depth.

PSC_Pats_Fan 10-30-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2473625)
Or Stephen Gilmore.

We couldíve re-signed Logan Ryan AND extended Butler at less cost.


Yeah, Gilmore has sucked balls, but he has been hurt/concussed. Allen doesnít even have that excuse. And Gilmore, at least, has one interception... Allen still hasnít caught one pass. Not ONE!

So, IMO, as much as Gilmore has sucked (especially at his cap hit) Dwayne Allen is the slightly bigger bust so far.

Wait.. Allen wasnít a free agent signing. We traded draft capital for him. That might make it even worse!

chevss454 10-30-2017 10:03 AM

Cover LB and a TE who can block AND catch are both issues. Allen can't catch or block and Hollister can only catch. A starter who can catch and block will be expensive. BB can keep 3 tackles in replacement as a blocker.

The RBs are beginning to shine and with Hogan out they'll be used even more.

Big/Sky/Fly 10-30-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foobahl (Post 2473629)
Adalius Thomas says hello

Gilmore is far and away the worst sign for BB so far. Not even close.

O_P_T 10-30-2017 11:15 AM

Bye week priority?

Get healthy.

Big/Sky/Fly 10-30-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSC_Pats_Fan (Post 2473633)
Yeah, Gilmore has sucked balls, but he has been hurt/concussed. Allen doesnít even have that excuse. And Gilmore, at least, has one interception... Allen still hasnít caught one pass. Not ONE!

So, IMO, as much as Gilmore has sucked (especially at his cap hit) Dwayne Allen is the slightly bigger bust so far.

Wait.. Allen wasnít a free agent signing. We traded draft capital for him. That might make it even worse!

Allen is a terrible trade. Almost as bad as Ocho Stinko.

Big/Sky/Fly 10-30-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2473616)
What are you guys thought?

I think given our personnel and our injury situation, further hampered with Hoganís status questionable, is to come out of the break with a real commitment to the run game and a heavy exploitation of the RBs pass catching ability. Shades of early Weiss. LOTS of screens. We have 3 VERY good pass catchers back there, and even Gillislee can haul some in too. Utilize them.

I have mentioned this numerous times when Edelman went down. :coffee:

BostonTim 10-30-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly (Post 2473670)
Gilmore is far and away the worst sign for BB so far. Not even close.

Butler gets more and more expensive.

TipRoast 10-30-2017 11:41 AM

Bye week priorities?

Get the patio furniture into the basement.

Wrap the roses bushes with burlap.

Clean the gutters.

Experiment with the new cookbook:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.