Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
deflated-football
Getty Images
So much for the Colts-Patriots game being not nearly as intriguing as the Packers-Seahawks game.

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls, the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 08:50 AM

Is Bills son an attendant of the balls!?!??

Shemp 01-19-2015 08:57 AM

I can't believe Bill would be stupid enough to let this happen.

The Hoodie 01-19-2015 09:01 AM

Thoroughly stupid. It was also a 38 point victory yesterday.

dchester 01-19-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200049)
League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
deflated-football
Getty Images
So much for the Colts-Patriots game being not nearly as intriguing as the Packers-Seahawks game.

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls, the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.

I guess I'm starting to see Bob Kravitz's point. With properly inflated balls, there's no way that LeGarrette Blount would have ran all over the Colts like that. The Colts probably would have held Blount to under 50 yards, and Pats likely would have been the team turning the ball over instead of Indy.

Those cheating cheaters who cheat, did it again.

:coffee:

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 09:05 AM

To all the opposing fans out there buying this bullshit...

http://s29.postimg.org/fov65gcfb/Hoodie_Hate.png

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 09:07 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...135815596.html

Brady calls accusation "ridiculous".

Dennis and Callahan @DandCShow Follow Tom Brady on the accusations of the Patriots deflating balls: "(laughter) I think I have heard it all at this point. That's ridiculous."

h0c2000 01-19-2015 09:11 AM

Is it any wonder that Tomase follows Kravitz on twitter?

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 09:12 AM

imagine how many dropped balls the pats would have had IF the balls had the proper hardness?

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 09:15 AM

Deflated balls = 39 points worth of difference?

:shrug_n:

Peachhead 01-19-2015 09:16 AM

After some of the formations we used and the chances we took. After beating the crap out of Indy. Someone is saying our balls weren't big enough? :blink:

The reporter has got to be trolling. He can't be serious.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 09:33 AM

Update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lts-pats-game/

TipRoast 01-19-2015 09:33 AM

Accusations of cheating are a sign of respect.

Fans of opposing teams (and the writers/broadcasters that pander to those fans) don't like to admit that their team's players and coaches are inferior, so they level the cheating charge, and then all is right in their world and they can go on with their insignificant lives without feeling like a loser, because of the emotional investment they have in their team.

The louder and more vehement the claims of cheating, the more you know the anguish they feel at seeing how far short their team falls from being a talented, professionally-run football organization.

Bring on the accusations, I say. Every one of them is affirmation of the Patriot way.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 09:35 AM

I just want to know who it was that tipped them off. That's the first person I'd be looking at.

dred 01-19-2015 09:40 AM

What I don't get is that it is ultimately the ref's responsibility to manage the damn game balls.

So wtf is Krapitz talking about the penalty could lead to a loss of draft picks for the Pats?

Stupid allegations are stupid.