Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Roberto71 01-19-2015 01:46 AM

Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Reports saying the league is investigating if the footballs were deflated by the Patriots. Bob Kravitz reported this on twitter. If true it would result in lost draft picks...

Here we go again, cheating allegations etc.

DeweyTime 01-19-2015 01:51 AM

Yeah I just saw this. Fun times.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 01:57 AM

:rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

vertigho 01-19-2015 02:13 AM

Hmm...

Specifically, what advantage would've been gained by this? And if this was done, and some advantage was gained, wouldn't it have been shared by Indy?

*EDIT*

Aren't the footballs provided and maintained by a 3rd party (essentially via the NFL), so that'd be their responsibility? And furthermore, don't the officials and/or this 3rd party monitor the footballs and could re-inflate them and/or take any steps they saw necessary if they felt they the footballs weren't properly inflated?

The obvious thing here which has yet to be mentioned is that they were playing in a cold, wet environment, two variables that will naturally result in a softer, less inflated football.

Quote:

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRCoUCYAEdTlj.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRnGrCMAAxgId.png

Quote:

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 2 minutes ago
Reading ball rules, it seems pretty damn difficult for a team to sabotage balls during a game. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

WisColtFan7 01-19-2015 02:27 AM

Somehow I'm thinking this is Kravitz just trolling about your running game "squeezing the air out of the ball". If not, why would league officials tell a columnist before telling the team?
Posted via Mobile Device

TommyD420 01-19-2015 02:32 AM

Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

vertigho 01-19-2015 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyD420 (Post 2199997)
Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

Just more bulletin board material for this already inspired, hungry and tightly bonded team to rally around.

Not that they needed any additional motivation, but Kravitz just dumped a lot of fuel on the proverbial fire. I expect to see them come out like rabid dogs against Seattle.

DeweyTime 01-19-2015 02:43 AM

This is what is considered "reporting" now. Scooping and rumormongering with no accountability.

Roberto71 01-19-2015 05:31 AM

And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

305patriotfan 01-19-2015 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200002)
And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

Bro I seen both things and I'm begging the troops to come out and play hard and get the W. Don't want a close game, want a blowout

patriots pam 01-19-2015 06:34 AM

Oh good grief. I just saw a TV interview of the mighty Aaron Rodgers maybe a week or two ago, where he said he likes the balls to be inflated as much as possible. He even said he will have them over inflated a little and let the officials decide if it's too much or not. He and the interviewer were just having a good chuckle over it. Didn't see that get any bad press. This shit is just ridiculous. :shake:

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 06:46 AM

I thought this was about TFB's groin healing :D

Patriots44 01-19-2015 06:48 AM

I think this is Kravitz trolling and nothing more. I used to like reading his stuff but if he's pulling some crap on this to distract from Pats win / Colts loss... well, what can you do to reporters other then ignore them and not give them any clicks/views

Jammer 01-19-2015 07:05 AM

If you haint cheating your are not trying! :)

Patriots44 01-19-2015 07:08 AM

Maybe pats gave the balls PED's (and filmed it while it was happening)?!?!?

:)

paperhanger 01-19-2015 07:32 AM

Why anyone would give any credence to anything posted on tweeter, facebook, internet is beyond normal thinking. Hell, the internet if full of this bullchit. Anytime I go out of state, the spygate (cheaters) Thing always come out. I can here Bill now, we are on to Seattle.

imapig 01-19-2015 07:36 AM

I'm down here in North Myrtle Beach and some ASSHOLE sports guy for CBS sports radio is eating this up like candy, and treating this like the Pats are cheating again. He's one of these assholes that makes spygate the equivalent to the Watergate scandal...

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 07:47 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pm3F9piwnTU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mooseontheloose 01-19-2015 07:51 AM

I don't get it. The only way I could see this helping the Pats is if Brady practiced with deflated balls all week. But then, wouldn't they need to deflate every ball? Otherwise, Brady would be dealing with differently inflated balls from snap to snap (just like Luck).

chevss454 01-19-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 2200020)
I'm down here in North Myrtle Beach and some ASSHOLE sports guy for CBS sports radio is eating this up like candy, and treating this like the Pats are cheating again. He's one of these assholes that makes spygate the equivalent to the Watergate scandal...

The rule states the refs have control of the balls 2 hours before kick off to check them. Also, if a ball is under or over inflated the refs can get a ball from the visiting team. Refs are in control and have authority over game balls. All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoff. Nothing to see here.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 07:59 AM

Hope this blows over as fast as the heated balls BS from the Titans. NFL should quash this today since it's their officials who are responsible.

aloyouis 01-19-2015 08:00 AM

The league needs to kill this "story" immediately. Kravitz needs to be disciplined for irresponsible reporting if not officially then by his bretheren.

There is no accountability in this country anymore starting from the top down.

Shameful.

bideau 01-19-2015 08:10 AM

Kravitz claims that the refs "weighed" the ball. You don't weigh balls to check air pressure, you use a pressure gauge. The weight of a ball won't change based on pressure unless you're using something other than air to inflate it.

Kravitz is a hack who wasn't even good enough for the Indy Star.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200032)
kravitz claims that the refs "weighed" the ball. You don't weigh balls to check air pressure, you use a pressure gauge. The weight of a ball won't change based on pressure unless you're using something other than air to inflate it.

Kravitz is a hack who wasn't even good enough for the indy star.

this is true

hasselback just said he talked to his brother who knew nothing about this and you would think a qb would be the one to report soft balls seeing how his hands are always on them. He also said that the league inspects the balls after team works them over and the only one who touches them after are kids (like himself years ago) who are one the sidelines and the odds of a kid with a needle letting air out of teh balls is highly unlikely.

The only possibility is if it was a different game

imapig 01-19-2015 08:31 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...deflated-balls
In advance of Super Bowl XLIX, there will be plenty talk about "DeflateGate."

Well the NFL better squash this BS fast or Bob Kraft should start threatening defamation lawsuits. Enough of this Bullshit.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200032)
Kravitz claims that the refs "weighed" the ball. You don't weigh balls to check air pressure, you use a pressure gauge. The weight of a ball won't change based on pressure unless you're using something other than air to inflate it.

Kravitz is a hack who wasn't even good enough for the Indy Star.

And yet, every news outlet in the country has picked up the story and given it legs. The story might get squashed, but it has already imprinted in the minds of football nation.

I remember when there was a stop in the game, and nobody knew why. I did see a new ball get tossed to the official. Simms or Nantz said something about they may have had a kicker's ball and they were switching it out to a game ball, one has a slicker surface, one has a rougher surface. What I'd like to know is who tipped off the officials to even check the gauge mid-game? Because that would be the first person I would look at if this story bears out.

bideau 01-19-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200038)
this is true

hasselback just said he talked to his brother who knew nothing about this and you would think a qb would be the one to report soft balls seeing how his hands are always on them. He also said that the league inspects the balls after team works them over and the only one who touches them after are kids (like himself years ago) who are one the sidelines and the odds of a kid with a needle letting air out of teh balls is highly unlikely.

The only possibility is if it was a different game

All this being said, I'm sure the mediots won't let the facts get in the way of a good scandal.

Mike & Mike dismissed it as a non-story. But until the NFL answers, the haters will continue to speculate.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200041)
All this being said, I'm sure the mediots won't let the facts get in the way of a good scandal.

Mike & Mike dismissed it as a non-story. But until the NFL answers, the haters will continue to speculate.

It is slightly heartening to hear ESPNers did that though. What irks me more than this story in particular is the state of the freaking countrythat knee jerk reacts to every thing anyone with a twitter account can post whether it is factual or not.

dchester 01-19-2015 08:44 AM

My motto has always been, "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat".

I'm not seeing the problem.

:shrug:

Stevo 01-19-2015 08:45 AM

Well the NFL confirmed the investigation, I'd still be shocked if they come up with anything

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
deflated-football
Getty Images
So much for the Colts-Patriots game being not nearly as intriguing as the Packers-Seahawks game.

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls, the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 08:50 AM

Is Bills son an attendant of the balls!?!??

Shemp 01-19-2015 08:57 AM

I can't believe Bill would be stupid enough to let this happen.

The Hoodie 01-19-2015 09:01 AM

Thoroughly stupid. It was also a 38 point victory yesterday.

dchester 01-19-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200049)
League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
deflated-football
Getty Images
So much for the Colts-Patriots game being not nearly as intriguing as the Packers-Seahawks game.

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls, the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.

I guess I'm starting to see Bob Kravitz's point. With properly inflated balls, there's no way that LeGarrette Blount would have ran all over the Colts like that. The Colts probably would have held Blount to under 50 yards, and Pats likely would have been the team turning the ball over instead of Indy.

Those cheating cheaters who cheat, did it again.

:coffee:

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 09:05 AM

To all the opposing fans out there buying this bullshit...

http://s29.postimg.org/fov65gcfb/Hoodie_Hate.png

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 09:07 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...135815596.html

Brady calls accusation "ridiculous".

Dennis and Callahan @DandCShow Follow Tom Brady on the accusations of the Patriots deflating balls: "(laughter) I think I have heard it all at this point. That's ridiculous."

h0c2000 01-19-2015 09:11 AM

Is it any wonder that Tomase follows Kravitz on twitter?

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 09:12 AM

imagine how many dropped balls the pats would have had IF the balls had the proper hardness?

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 09:15 AM

Deflated balls = 39 points worth of difference?

:shrug_n:

Peachhead 01-19-2015 09:16 AM

After some of the formations we used and the chances we took. After beating the crap out of Indy. Someone is saying our balls weren't big enough? :blink:

The reporter has got to be trolling. He can't be serious.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 09:33 AM

Update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lts-pats-game/

TipRoast 01-19-2015 09:33 AM

Accusations of cheating are a sign of respect.

Fans of opposing teams (and the writers/broadcasters that pander to those fans) don't like to admit that their team's players and coaches are inferior, so they level the cheating charge, and then all is right in their world and they can go on with their insignificant lives without feeling like a loser, because of the emotional investment they have in their team.

The louder and more vehement the claims of cheating, the more you know the anguish they feel at seeing how far short their team falls from being a talented, professionally-run football organization.

Bring on the accusations, I say. Every one of them is affirmation of the Patriot way.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 09:35 AM

I just want to know who it was that tipped them off. That's the first person I'd be looking at.

dred 01-19-2015 09:40 AM

What I don't get is that it is ultimately the ref's responsibility to manage the damn game balls.

So wtf is Krapitz talking about the penalty could lead to a loss of draft picks for the Pats?

Stupid allegations are stupid.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 2200075)
What I don't get is that it is ultimately the ref's responsibility to manage the damn game balls.

So wtf is Krapitz talking about the penalty could lead to a loss of draft picks for the Pats?

Matt Chattam's twitter feed is great this morning in regards to this. #whyarestupidpeople stupid?

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

because haters gonna hate

and the writer is a giant turd

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2199988)
Reports saying the league is investigating if the footballs were deflated by the Patriots. Bob Kravitz reported this on twitter. If true it would result in lost draft picks...

Here we go again, cheating allegations etc.

Yeah, Bob Kravitz. He's not biased

:terrible:

Nothing to see here

HSanders 01-19-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Ummm hello? The Pats paid off the refs! I mean, it's a no brainer!
(somewhere those Assclown Asylum trolls are JIMPING):dbanana:

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 10:16 AM

NFL Network tweeting out a picture of the perpetrator on the Patriots' sideline.

http://s15.postimg.org/fvgg47uxn/Deflated_Balls.png

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSPatsFan (Post 2200085)
NFL Network tweeting out a picture of the perpetrator on the Patriots' sideline.

http://s15.postimg.org/fvgg47uxn/Deflated_Balls.png

Keyser Soze is alive and well.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 10:18 AM

The bigger story is that some NE fans are wary to give the team the benefit of the doubt (not necessarily here). Most deny BB/NE deserved Goodell's punishment in '07, but those tiny seeds have taken root. That's a shame.

I'm celebrating NE's victory. Nobody's gonna rain on NE's parade, IMO.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by patsfanlisa (Post 2200086)
keyser soze is alive and well.

Attachment 94859

Steve-o 01-19-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200083)
Yeah, Bob Kravitz. He's not biased

:terrible:

Nothing to see here

Kravitz was just the first to report it, others have reported it, using their own NFL sources. Including NFL.com. Kravitz is not the source, only the messenger.

Here's the thing, folks, right now it's just a report. The NFL is investigating it. It was initiated by the NFL.

Y'all can poo poo it all you want, but if the NFL finds the Pats guilty, they will be punished. As they should.

As they deserved to be punished for Spygate.

Y'all can play the "errrybody hate us" card all you want, but if they're guilty, they're guilty.

oldbagfan 01-19-2015 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is beyond annoying. The only deflated balls around here are on the Colts. Every sports site I've looked at this morning to read about the game has included an article about this lunacy right along with write ups of the actual game. Sorry to say, rumor and innuendo get the same air time as actual facts these days and IMO there is only one jackass to blame for planting this rank seed.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200096)
Kravitz was just the first to report it, others have reported it, using their own NFL sources.

Here's the thing, folks, right now it's just a report. The NFL is investigating it. It was initiated by the NFL.

Y'all can poo poo it all you want, but if the NFL finds the Pats guilty, they will be punished. As they should.

Y'all can play the "errrybody hate us" card all you want, but if they're guilty, they're guilty.

Please speak to the fact that balls are under the care of the OFFICIALS not the teams and how they could have possibly done it. You can't prove who did it if it happened at all since the officials are the caretakers.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200089)

ROFL, Sandi.

This really has me thinking. If there were some deflated balls, two things I'm questioning. The first one, maybe someone with a scientific background could answer for me.

1. It was very windy, very rainy last night. Does barometric pressure come into play here at all?

2. This was pre-planned by someone. It is not a coincidence. Someone planned that if it looked like the Patriots were going to take this game, there was going to be foul play involved. 2007, right after the AFCCG is when the whole camera thing was brought forth. Two weeks of defending ourselves, and a lifetime of listening to cheating. We're right back there.

I get haters gonna hate, but this was premeditated, and not by the Patriots.

Steve-o 01-19-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200098)
Please speak to the fact that balls are under the care of the OFFICIALS not the teams and how they could have possibly done it. You can't prove who did it if it happened at all since the officials are the caretakers.

Please speak to the fact that the NFL is investigating it, per various reports, so why would the NFL investigate it if it wasn't possible?

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200098)

My understanding is that the officials turn the balls over to the ball attendants once they've checked the gauge. So anything could happen between the time the balls are inspected and the time they're turned over, I suppose.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200096)
Kravitz was just the first to report it, others have reported it, using their own NFL sources. Including NFL.com. Kravitz is not the source, only the messenger.

Nothing to see here, the refs administer the game balls

dchester 01-19-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200100)
Please speak to the fact that the NFL is investigating it, per various reports, so why would the NFL investigate it if it wasn't possible?

Maybe they're investigating whether BB paid off the refs to under inflate the balls?

:shrug:

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 10:42 AM

WTF would be the point of BB having the team practice with wet/frozen footballs if the ultimate plan was to deflate them?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w4MjDXy-5m...00/Baloney.jpg

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200104)
WTF would be the point of BB having the team practice with wet/frozen footballs if the ultimate plan was to deflate them?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w4MjDXy-5m...00/Baloney.jpg

Its just part of his evil genius to throw them off his trail of tricks.:) :cheatriots:

Steve-o 01-19-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200102)
Nothing to see here, the refs administer the game balls

Yet, the NFL has confirmed the investigation.

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

But y'all are just shooting the messenger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 10:46 AM

Also, wet footballs are heavier than dry ones, so if the officials did indeed weigh the balls, WTF does that prove?

Dominated 01-19-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200107)

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just not sure why your missing the fact that the Pats are not the ones handling the game balls. That's the job of the officials, they are supposed to check all this out 2 hours before kick off.

Smudger 01-19-2015 10:48 AM

Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

They have to look into it when accusations are made but MY point is, who is responsible IF this is even a real thing? NOT the Pats rather the NFL and its officials since it is their job to monitor these things.

Given that, you cannot blame anyone for deflated balls but the officials/NFL if they didn't take care of the balls and if that is the case, who can show who may have done it?

It's all so absurd really.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200107)

Posted via Mobile Device

I'll stop shooting once we shift the focus over to the officials. The officiating, and the way they "MANAGE GAMES" is atrocious.

Hawg73 01-19-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200040)
And yet, every news outlet in the country has picked up the story and given it legs. The story might get squashed, but it has already imprinted in the minds of football nation.

I remember when there was a stop in the game, and nobody knew why. I did see a new ball get tossed to the official. Simms or Nantz said something about they may have had a kicker's ball and they were switching it out to a game ball, one has a slicker surface, one has a rougher surface. What I'd like to know is who tipped off the officials to even check the gauge mid-game? Because that would be the first person I would look at if this story bears out.

What it boils down to is that the Patriots are hated.

We aren't hated because we are cheaters, but get tagged as cheaters because nobody wants to believe that any team can go out year after year and win 12 games in this league because nobody else can do it with any consistency. Most folks are tired of us.

It plays into the belief systems of the simple-minded and therefore any story that we aren't legit has an instant audience and the page hits that naturally follow.

This is the silliest one yet. Only a moron could buy into it, but there are plenty of them around.

INPatFan 01-19-2015 10:52 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the announcers said the ball that was removed was a "kicking" ball and not a regular ball. Whatever.

I have heard of teams messing with balls, so apparently it can happen. How the NFL does not have a system in place to prevent it is beyond me.

Also, does a fully inflated ball weigh more than a completely deflated ball? I don't think so.

patsRmyboys 01-19-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200113)
I'll stop shooting once we shift the focus over to the officials. The officiating, and the way they "MANAGE GAMES" is atrocious.

Like how come HOLDING was not called against the CLOTS players draped all over NINK all night?

bideau 01-19-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

According to Blandino, this morning on the NFL Network, this is standard procedure and not uncommon. If the ref crew notices anything unusual, they'll take the ball out of circulation and the ball is automatically sent to the league to be examined. The refs could notice something when they handle it, or either team could bring it to the officials attention. It happens on a regular basis.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...ated-footballs

Keep hating....

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INPatFan (Post 2200115)
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the announcers said the ball that was removed was a "kicking" ball and not a regular ball. Whatever.

I have heard of teams messing with balls, so apparently it can happen. How the NFL does not have a system in place to prevent it is beyond me.

They were just guessing though IN..that is what ALL of these idiots are doing right now.

Steve-o 01-19-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200111)
They have to look into it when accusations are made but MY point is, who is responsible IF this is even a real thing? NOT the Pats rather the NFL and its officials since it is their job to monitor these things.

Given that, you cannot blame anyone for deflated balls but the officials/NFL if they didn't take care of the balls and if that is the case, who can show who may have done it?

It's all so absurd really.

They provide their own balls, which are weighed prior to kickoff, then handled by ball boys provided by the team. The refs aren't guarding the balls.

Possible? Yeah, quite.

True? Up to the NFL to determine.

Steve-o 01-19-2015 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200118)
They were just guessing though IN..that is what ALL of these idiots are doing right now.

Nobody is just guessing.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200120)
Nobody is just guessing.

I get it STeve-O. Whatever. I could care less. Carry on with the latest witch hunt.

bostonsports 01-19-2015 10:57 AM

I blame the whole mess on Gronkowski. Those spikes must have something to do with some of the air pressure escaping. Next rule put in place will be no more spiking of the football.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 10:58 AM

:donkeys::bump:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonsports (Post 2200123)
I blame the whole mess on Gronkowski. Those spikes must have something to do with some of the air pressure escaping. Next rule put in place will be no more spiking of the football.

dchester 01-19-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 2200110)
Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.

So wait a minute, are you saying that the refs actually were doing their job, and the suspect ball never made it on to the field?

I thought it had already been established that the Patriots are cheating cheaters who cheat, and the only thing left for debate was whether they would lose draft picks, or whether BB would be suspended.

:huh:

HomelessJoe 01-19-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Nobody is just guessing.

The announcers were just guessing it was a kicking ball being switched out. Reports are now that it was removed because it was deflated. That's what this whole thing is about, isn't it? Or are you saying the announcers were right :huh:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomelessJoe (Post 2200127)
The announcers were just guessing it was a kicking ball being switched out. Reports are now that it was removed because it was deflated. That's what this whole thing is about, isn't it? Or are you saying the announcers were right :huh:

Right Simms was guessing since they didn't know. But I just don't give a salty ball anymore.:)

GLENDALE BABEEEwoohoo

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 11:01 AM

Even if it happened (not saying it did), it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

ParanoidPatriot 01-19-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbagfan (Post 2200097)
This is beyond annoying. The only deflated balls around here are on the Colts. Every sports site I've looked at this morning to read about the game has included an article about this lunacy right along with write ups of the actual game. Sorry to say, rumor and innuendo get the same air time as actual facts these days and IMO there is only one jackass to blame for planting this rank seed.

Why did you post that photo OBF.:Eason: Are you trying to deflate my balls?

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200129)
Right Simms was guessing since they didn't know. But I just don't give a salty ball anymore.:)

GLENDALE BABEEEwoohoo

I think the ball was sweaty :shrug_n:

Duel in the Desert :celebrate:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200133)
I think the ball was sweaty :shrug_n:

Duel in the Desert :celebrate:

woohoo is there a difference?? LOL!!

bideau 01-19-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200126)
So wait a minute, are you saying that the refs actually were doing their job, and the suspect ball never made it on to the field?

I thought it had already been established that the Patriots are cheating cheaters who cheat, and the only thing left for debate was whether they would lose draft picks, or whether BB would be suspended.

:huh:

The ball boy must have been well coached. Think about it...a single ball out of 12 was taken out of play. He's genius for ensuring that the ball was the only one used. I'm thinking he must have used invisible ink in order to mark it.

Oh, it should also be noted that the Pats scored 28 points after it was taken out of play. :shrug:

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 11:09 AM

I'm still wondering if barometric pressure or other weather conditions can affect the ball. Anybody?

Smudger 01-19-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Nobody is just guessing.

I haven't seen Signora's statement, but nothing released by the NFL indicates it was more than one ball. His quote is being put under the heading of "Did Patriots use under inflated balls" by third parties.

Sloppy journalism.

Hawg73 01-19-2015 11:11 AM

Pats on way to Super Bowl again?

Check.

Allegations of cheating?

Check.

All is right with the world.

:celebrate:

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200136)
The ball boy must have been well coached. Think about it...a single ball out of 12 was taken out of play. He's genius for ensuring that the ball was the only one used. I'm thinking he must have used invisible ink in order to mark it.

Oh, it should also be noted that the Pats scored 28 points after it was taken out of play. :shrug:

Stop making sense by posting factual stuff. We are trying to play make believe in this thread.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200137)
I'm still wondering if barometric pressure or other weather conditions can affect the ball. Anybody?

Temperature can. Some balls can also be defective.

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

It can on car tires, why couldn't it on footballs?

dchester 01-19-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if BB had something to do with the weather conditions as well. The guy will do anything to win.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200144)
It wouldn't surprise me if BB had something to do with the weather conditions as well. The guy will do anything to win.

Oh oh..you are on to him. :)

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200143)
It can on car tires, why couldn't it on footballs?

It wasn't even cold last night. Oh wait, for a dome team it was.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200146)

The should have shut the roof though. It really starting pouring right as the teams came out of the locker room to start the second half.

Peachhead 01-19-2015 11:20 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gJ3tqIukBKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200146)

But if the temps changed even slightly, tire pressure changes (might not be so noticeable in tires, not sure about footballs). Not saying this happened, but in the words of mythbusters, plausible. Not even making excuses for my team either, they were flat out outplayed (what 10 plus years of NFL playing time and a good team gets you). My team will get to that point, it takes time. As long as Luck learns from Manning and Brady about his contract, the Colts will be fine.

Also regarding weather, the Colts practiced outside this past week, so they might not have played in the cold that often recently, but they have practiced in it.

HSanders 01-19-2015 11:22 AM

I think someone could make a sound file of TB's laughter this am when he was asked about it and that should be our default response. :D