Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Roberto71 01-19-2015 01:46 AM

Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Reports saying the league is investigating if the footballs were deflated by the Patriots. Bob Kravitz reported this on twitter. If true it would result in lost draft picks...

Here we go again, cheating allegations etc.

DeweyTime 01-19-2015 01:51 AM

Yeah I just saw this. Fun times.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 01:57 AM

:rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

vertigho 01-19-2015 02:13 AM

Hmm...

Specifically, what advantage would've been gained by this? And if this was done, and some advantage was gained, wouldn't it have been shared by Indy?

*EDIT*

Aren't the footballs provided and maintained by a 3rd party (essentially via the NFL), so that'd be their responsibility? And furthermore, don't the officials and/or this 3rd party monitor the footballs and could re-inflate them and/or take any steps they saw necessary if they felt they the footballs weren't properly inflated?

The obvious thing here which has yet to be mentioned is that they were playing in a cold, wet environment, two variables that will naturally result in a softer, less inflated football.

Quote:

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRCoUCYAEdTlj.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRnGrCMAAxgId.png

Quote:

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 2 minutes ago
Reading ball rules, it seems pretty damn difficult for a team to sabotage balls during a game. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

WisColtFan7 01-19-2015 02:27 AM

Somehow I'm thinking this is Kravitz just trolling about your running game "squeezing the air out of the ball". If not, why would league officials tell a columnist before telling the team?
Posted via Mobile Device

TommyD420 01-19-2015 02:32 AM

Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

vertigho 01-19-2015 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyD420 (Post 2199997)
Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

Just more bulletin board material for this already inspired, hungry and tightly bonded team to rally around.

Not that they needed any additional motivation, but Kravitz just dumped a lot of fuel on the proverbial fire. I expect to see them come out like rabid dogs against Seattle.

DeweyTime 01-19-2015 02:43 AM

This is what is considered "reporting" now. Scooping and rumormongering with no accountability.

Roberto71 01-19-2015 05:31 AM

And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

305patriotfan 01-19-2015 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200002)
And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

Bro I seen both things and I'm begging the troops to come out and play hard and get the W. Don't want a close game, want a blowout

patriots pam 01-19-2015 06:34 AM

Oh good grief. I just saw a TV interview of the mighty Aaron Rodgers maybe a week or two ago, where he said he likes the balls to be inflated as much as possible. He even said he will have them over inflated a little and let the officials decide if it's too much or not. He and the interviewer were just having a good chuckle over it. Didn't see that get any bad press. This shit is just ridiculous. :shake:

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 06:46 AM

I thought this was about TFB's groin healing :D

Patriots44 01-19-2015 06:48 AM

I think this is Kravitz trolling and nothing more. I used to like reading his stuff but if he's pulling some crap on this to distract from Pats win / Colts loss... well, what can you do to reporters other then ignore them and not give them any clicks/views

Jammer 01-19-2015 07:05 AM

If you haint cheating your are not trying! :)

Patriots44 01-19-2015 07:08 AM

Maybe pats gave the balls PED's (and filmed it while it was happening)?!?!?

:)