Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38224)

Brady's Bunch 09-26-2008 11:17 AM

2. Well you just have to accept that there are players outside of New England who are going to do well...idk how else to put it.
12. Coors>Harpoon

tehrick67 09-26-2008 11:18 AM

rain sucks..

mikiemo83 09-26-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

20. And Ken Dryden can't suffer enough.
especially when teh Bruins drafted him and he choose not to sign

Quote:

24. ....I don't get strip bars at all. You didn't earn it, fellas.
we agree on this

Annihilus 09-26-2008 11:23 AM

Did you want us to merge all of your other threads into this one? We can do that, though it would be a pretty long thread.

Yes, Annihilus is joking. He is capable of doing that from time to time.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 917713)
Did you want us to merge all of your other threads into this one? We can do that, though it would be a pretty long thread.

No soap radio.

Annihilus 09-26-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 917730)
No soap radio.

ROFL Brilliant!

PatsFanLisa 09-26-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

14. Seriously, is Troy Brown, today, right now, really not better than any WR on the Pats after Moss, Welker and Gaffney? If we had one game to beat the Russians for world domination, wouldn't we beg him to come out of retirement and slot in at the 4 reciver slot?
Troy Brown, today, right now, is probably a better QB and corner than we have right now, and we would be better off having him on the roster than some that are on there now.

Sons of Anarchy is my favorite new show.

I like my dogs way better than I like most people.

There are a lot of people on this board that I would like to sit down and have a beer with.

Johnny Damon is getting what he deserved - nothing.

I love watching Rodney Harrison play football.

I would rather watch TV than go to a movie and listen to people cough and cell phones ring.

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 917745)
I would rather watch TV than go to a movie and listen to people cough and cell phones ring.

That reminds me of a thought I've had.

I've noticed that some of the best movie experiences I've ever had are in theaters. I don't go to theaters often, but the last 2 movies I've seen in theaters are Star Wars Episode 3 and The Dark Knight. Both were incredibly awesome, whereas often I'll watch a movie on TV, and usually I enjoy them (otherwise I'd be watching something else) but quite often it'll just be mediocre enjoyment. I'm not sure if it's because of the difference between seeing something in the theater and seeing it on TV, or if it's just that Episode 3 and The Dark Knight were just such great movies, it's skewing the comparison.

Ray Crittenden 09-26-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 917683)
1. Bill Simmons now totally bores me when he isn't writing about Boston sports....pop culture, Vegas, gambling, fantasy....snooze.

He really is not funny or interesting anymore. I dont know what happend, but I get two paragraphs into his column and just stop reading.

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 11:49 AM

I have a hard time being a football Mom cause the coaches can be such douchewaffles though I know they have a plan.

I miss New England and the people I just saw there.

Most people bore the pants off of me(odd saying that.;))

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 12:41 PM

I was also thinking of learning to shoot and getting a gun to take on hikes with me because some people I ran into during my hike today were stopped watching something then asked..

"Did you see the mountain lion?"

Kind of scary that I didn't cause I was so focused on watching out for diamondbacks.:)

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 12:46 PM

*sighs* George..you nailed it buddy.

TBrownslady 09-26-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 917683)
2. Speaking of fantasy, how do you people who play it remotely handle rooting against your favorite teams for even a nanosecond? Seems untenable.

I play fantasy sports and I never root against the Pats. Usually what I will do is sit the players that are playing the Pats that week. Just because I don't wanna be sitting there like damn I hope he gets some passes so I can get some points!! And I would rather lose that week than root against my team.

Also, there can be players that have a great week for you but their team still loses.

Hope that helps a lil bit :)

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 12:53 PM

Danny Ainge is not a good GM. That is all.

patsload 09-26-2008 12:55 PM

lay off Dryden