Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Remembrance Thread (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=34505)

TBrownslady 07-15-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 1198172)
my dad's passed yesterday afternoon at 3:30 pm. He had been struggling with long term ailments that were exacerbated by a fall in mid April. My father fought long and hard against these afflictions, getting to the point of a rehabilitation hospital where during his first few days, he managed to walk again, even if for a few short steps. My dad was a fighter, who never backed down from a challenge.
In a strange twist of fate, he passed on in a nursing home. Earlier in life, my dad had remodelled a couple nursing homes and I often saw him bringing things to the residents there, standing for them, and helping them in any way he could, financially and emotionally. It was normal for him to take a Saturday and go to their home to build a ramp for access, re-work a few doors so the chair would fit. This helping out was rewarded in a way as the woman who admitted him remembered this stuff from when she was a nurse and it was her patients he helped out.

now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes

so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

Mikie I am sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you and your family. *big hugs* to you :heart:

Whaler53 07-15-2009 07:50 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike. My condolences.

Number Cruncher 07-16-2009 03:42 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss Mike.

Pats Pink Teddy 07-24-2009 03:01 PM

It was with great sadness that I lost my 32 year old brother a few years back from leukemia. It is such a hard thing...Now we just try to celebrate his life rather than our loss. It takes time to heal. I never thought there would be days that I wouldn't think of him, but now a few go by. It is very powerful though when I do remember him. We will pray for you and that you can take solace in the loving memories you have.

No.1jag 07-26-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 1198172)
my dad's passed yesterday afternoon at 3:30 pm. He had been struggling with long term ailments that were exacerbated by a fall in mid April. My father fought long and hard against these afflictions, getting to the point of a rehabilitation hospital where during his first few days, he managed to walk again, even if for a few short steps. My dad was a fighter, who never backed down from a challenge.
In a strange twist of fate, he passed on in a nursing home. Earlier in life, my dad had remodelled a couple nursing homes and I often saw him bringing things to the residents there, standing for them, and helping them in any way he could, financially and emotionally. It was normal for him to take a Saturday and go to their home to build a ramp for access, re-work a few doors so the chair would fit. This helping out was rewarded in a way as the woman who admitted him remembered this stuff from when she was a nurse and it was her patients he helped out.

now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes

so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

Mikie I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know there are no words right now.

No.1jag 07-26-2009 10:06 AM

I know it's taken me a bit to post in here to remember my dad. The hurt and disbelief that this had happened wouldn't even allow me to click the reply button in this thread. With that being said.

RIP and in memory of my dad who passed on May 11, 2009. A loving husband and father to three and gradfather to 8. You will be missed dearly. I thank him for what I am today.

My dad not only made men out of me and my brother but my uncles also. You see my mothers dad passed when as the oldest of 6 was only 27 years old. My father started a business that put all of her brothers and brother in laws to work at a young age for all of them. None of them had any idea what they would do in life much less have a steady trade to work in. He gave an entire family a trade and to this day everyone of them are still in the same field. So he took an entire family on his shoulders back in 1982 and carried that burden for 27 years. I can only hope to be the man he was, whit every person that I meet in my lifetime.

Muse 08-19-2009 10:18 AM

to all the young children who did not wake up this morning for whatever reasons

hug your kids

Whaler53 12-02-2010 10:39 PM

Still miss you. Still think about you. Still love you. Still can't believe you're gone.

PumpDee 12-03-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whaler53 (Post 1613554)
Still miss you. Still think about you. Still love you. Still can't believe you're gone.

I may not know the story, but from this thread I can tell that this is a tough time of year for you.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. :toast:

CarrollsMine99 09-16-2012 12:26 PM

This is an emotional thread, but a great one.
I'm glad it's available ... terrific idea for remembrances. :angel:

CarrollsMine99.

CarrollsMine99 09-16-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muse (Post 1223686)
to all the young children who did not wake up this morning for whatever reasons

hug your kids

Amen. :wuv:

CarrollsMine99.

Darth Despot 10-13-2012 09:50 AM

You're still in my thoughts every day, hundreds of times. You should still be with us, but we have no choice but to go on.

The pain never goes completely away, but the love is stronger.

Hope I can make you as proud as you made me.

mikiemo83 12-28-2012 10:38 PM

12 years, can it really be that long? Man what I wouldn't give for a few hours of time, just to listen to you, pay attention to every word if advice.

Darth Despot 10-10-2013 06:45 AM

It shocks me that another year has slipped by.

Somewhere along the line I found the will to move on, I imagine you had something to do with that from wherever you are.

I know the day will come when I will see you again, and that will be a joyous day...

But not yet.

Bob R 10-10-2013 11:35 AM

For my beloved wife, who passed on Oct 28, 2010 of Breast Cancer.

This Oct 6th would have been our 45th anniversary.

I miss you Cheryl.

:frown: