Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Remembrance Thread (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=34505)

JD10367 07-01-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 797477)
Well, my grandma passed away last night. I am just glad that she is no longer in any pain. I will always remember her stories that she told me. She was the strongest person I have ever known and am so happy to have had her in my life and sharing her name. She will be missed

Sagapo yiayia :heart:

:(

xpatriotpatsfan 07-01-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 797477)
Well, my grandma passed away last night. I am just glad that she is no longer in any pain. I will always remember her stories that she told me. She was the strongest person I have ever known and am so happy to have had her in my life and sharing her name. She will be missed

Sagapo yiayia :heart:


<a href='http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=1455335' ><img src='http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/7/1/awtblizso128594250050607336.jpg' alt='funny pictures' /></a><br />moar <a href='http://icanhascheezburger.com'>funny pictures</a>

Whaler53 07-01-2008 07:41 PM

I'm sorry to hear that TBL. My heart goes out to you

patsin°° 07-01-2008 10:03 PM

My neighbor, school guidance counselor, and friend was brutally murdered in December of 05. I was in eight grade. She helped me with a few things. We were in school. SHe was an avid jogger, and she went out for a jog and after it got way to late, her husband went and drove her route. He never found her. He alerted police, and they did their thing. The next day at school, her body was found. They announced it to us all what happened. They brought us all into a room and had people to talk to us. Turns out she was hit by a guy, he picked up her body, brought it to Carol Spinney's house, the guy who plays bigbird, who lives in my town, and did things I cannot begin to describe without starting to get awful memories. She was found bound in a shed, the guy who did it was later arrested and is in jail for life. The town, which is so small and tight has not recovered. I see her house daily and her husband and kids and it's awful. He is deeply depressed. There is now an annual marathon in her honor. Her name was Judy Nilan, and she was a great women.

some guy wrote a story on it
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...y/1_index.html
I never have cried that much, but I have been fortunate not to lose any family members yet. She is the closest person I have lost, and it was such a bad way to lose someone. It makes me sick in my stomach to talk about this. It is something I try to block. But she would want me to talk it out. She was a rare angel.

Muse 07-02-2008 06:32 AM

Heart goes out to your town and you Patsin :(

tommysgirl 07-03-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 797477)
Well, my grandma passed away last night. I am just glad that she is no longer in any pain. I will always remember her stories that she told me. She was the strongest person I have ever known and am so happy to have had her in my life and sharing her name. She will be missed

Sagapo yiayia :heart:


So sorry to hear of your loss TBL. Grandma's are always very special, aren't they? Big hugs to you. May all your memories bring you comfort.

No.1jag 07-03-2008 10:26 AM

TBL sorry it took me to today to see that your grandmother had past. I'm am sorry to hear and prayers for you and your family. Cherish that ring.

Whaler53 12-01-2008 11:33 PM

It's funny, as time goes on I find myself thinking about you more and more. I almost forgot that you were gone today while I was at the mall, I found something that I thought you'd love, picked it up and was going to get it for you for Christmas, but then it hit me.

Like I said, I think about you all the time, your sister and I somehow mention you every single day in one way or another. It's kinda like when you were still here.

This holiday season has already been kind of strange with you gone, and I know it's only gonna get worse.

We miss you kid, part of me still can't believe that you're gone. If I could I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Because what happened wasn't right, and it wasn't fair. You were much too young, and you'd already been through so much.

I love you, and miss you more and more every single day.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

johnlocke 12-01-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whaler53 (Post 992963)
It's funny, as time goes on I find myself thinking about you more and more. I almost forgot that you were gone today while I was at the mall, I found something that I thought you'd love, picked it up and was going to get it for you for Christmas, but then it hit me.

Like I said, I think about you all the time, your sister and I somehow mention you every single day in one way or another. It's kinda like when you were still here.

This holiday season has already been kind of strange with you gone, and I know it's only gonna get worse.

We miss you kid, part of me still can't believe that you're gone. If I could I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Because what happened wasn't right, and it wasn't fair. You were much too young, and you'd already been through so much.

I love you, and miss you more and more every single day.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

+1

johnlocke 12-01-2008 11:56 PM

I lost my dad a few years ago. Greatest man I've ever known.

Muse 12-02-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whaler53 (Post 992963)
It's funny, as time goes on I find myself thinking about you more and more. I almost forgot that you were gone today while I was at the mall, I found something that I thought you'd love, picked it up and was going to get it for you for Christmas, but then it hit me.

Like I said, I think about you all the time, your sister and I somehow mention you every single day in one way or another. It's kinda like when you were still here.

This holiday season has already been kind of strange with you gone, and I know it's only gonna get worse.

We miss you kid, part of me still can't believe that you're gone. If I could I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Because what happened wasn't right, and it wasn't fair. You were much too young, and you'd already been through so much.

I love you, and miss you more and more every single day.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

:hug:

Whaler53 02-19-2009 02:38 PM

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks for the message last night. I'm glad to know that you're okay, and that you're happy where you are.

We still miss you though, still think about you everyday.

~Me

Whaler53 05-21-2009 09:39 PM

What can I say? It's been almost a year and the wounds are still fresh.

Your birthday has come and gone, and sentences have been handed down.

18 months just doesn't seem right.

Not for what he did to you.

Your light forever extinguished, our hearts forever broken.

I love you, and miss you. And I hope that you can help us through the upcoming anniversery and all the pain that will come with it.

Always thinking of you,

~Me

mikiemo83 07-15-2009 08:34 AM

my dad's passed yesterday afternoon at 3:30 pm. He had been struggling with long term ailments that were exacerbated by a fall in mid April. My father fought long and hard against these afflictions, getting to the point of a rehabilitation hospital where during his first few days, he managed to walk again, even if for a few short steps. My dad was a fighter, who never backed down from a challenge.
In a strange twist of fate, he passed on in a nursing home. Earlier in life, my dad had remodelled a couple nursing homes and I often saw him bringing things to the residents there, standing for them, and helping them in any way he could, financially and emotionally. It was normal for him to take a Saturday and go to their home to build a ramp for access, re-work a few doors so the chair would fit. This helping out was rewarded in a way as the woman who admitted him remembered this stuff from when she was a nurse and it was her patients he helped out.


now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes


so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

RavenZ 07-15-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 1198172)
now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes


so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

Probably because none of us are flawless :). I remember you talking about him at one of the tailgates, how stubborn he was!

Condolences Mike :hug:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.