Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sound the Horn Bang the Drums the Hawks are Coming to Town! (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7604)

Winhawks 10-13-2004 01:37 PM

Sound the Horn Bang the Drums the Hawks are Coming to Town!

1 Attachment(s)
Good luck Patty cakes, your streak is about to end on Sunday. Y'all have nobody to stop the Hawks and we have a swarming D that is going to take the Patty Cakes apart. Heres to a streak ending injury free game.

THE TEA PARTY IS OVER THE HAWKS ARE COMMING TO TOWN!:thumb:

Undertaker #59* 10-13-2004 01:39 PM

LOL

Welcome to the board Hawks troll. You will be greeted a little less politely soon I am sure. ;)

thomas144 10-13-2004 01:40 PM

Welcome.

I think the Seahawks have the nicest uniforms in the league, by the way.

MrWhite 10-13-2004 01:43 PM

who's that guy that you attached to you post. Probably some guy that will be watching the backside of Dillon as he rumbles into the endzone :thumb:

Winhawks 10-13-2004 01:44 PM

Ya and you will be seeing alot of those nice uni's in the Patriots endzone and more on top of Brady:eek:

Undertaker #59* 10-13-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Winhawks
Ya and you will be seeing alot of those nice uni's in the Patriots endzone and more on top of Brady:eek:
On top of Brady? What are they, gay? :rolleyes: :p

thomas144 10-13-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrWhite
who's that guy that you attached to you post. Probably some guy that will be watching the backside of Dillon as he rumbles into the endzone :thumb:
that's not Rodney Harrison?

kez 10-13-2004 01:48 PM

The Hawks are coming to town? Beautiful. I've always wanted to see the Hawks in person. They opened for the Way Outs once on the Flintstones. Great show.

Ballbustah 10-13-2004 01:51 PM

It is true that the Seahawks have a swarming D.
But until they beat the Superbowl Champs they are just another wannabe.

Pats247 10-13-2004 02:02 PM

I have a feeling that Brady is going to shred the Seahawks secondary just like Bulger did last week, what a pathetic meltdown.

Winhawks 10-13-2004 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Patty Cakes, it's OK all things come to an end.:hang:

MrWhite 10-13-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

yep, just like the hopes of a post season appearence by the seahags with another loss this Sunday. :thumb:

Hawg73 10-13-2004 02:22 PM

Winhawks, welcome to the forum.

What's it like to be a Seahawk fan these days? Seriously.

We see very little of your team due to scheduling and the west coast location.

I like the fact that you dropped a little smack on us but kept it a little subdued which is proper form when trying to smack a team that hasn't lost in quite a while.

Does your team have a lot of guys with snazzy hip-hop nicknames like KRob and Djack? Or is it just those two?

P.S. - Kez- the Way Outs rocked much harder than the Hawks.

:D

Spinal Tap 10-13-2004 02:28 PM

Are you kidding me? A Seahawks fan is here to talk schit. I think I've seen it all now.

Patty Cakes....................Jesus Christo!

Flagg the Wanderer 10-13-2004 02:36 PM

Flagg's Shorttake analysis:

Alexander is a great runner, but he's soft and tends to shy away from contact once he's been hit hard. Guess what? He's gonna get hit hard. A lot.

Okay:

When Seattle has the ball:
Seattle has a great set of weapons. Alexander is an excellent runner with a nose for the end zone. Hasselback is a great passer who makes quick reads. K-Rob is all talent and paddle hands. DJax is top notch, and Engram is always underrated.

Mack Strong is a solid blocking FB, occasionally running and catching the ball so that you need to respect him, and the Hawks have 2 TEs who can hurt you 2 ways in Mili and Stevens. Stevens is 6'7" and MUST be accounted for. Fortunately, he is also pretty soft, and tends develops alligator arms after a big hit. He's started to come into his own recently, though still not performing to his ability and expectations.

Along the OL, the left side is STELLAR, while the right side is pretty sub-par to approaching average. Tobeck is a top 1/3 OC at least, and Hutchinson and Jones at OG/OT are a brutal pair runblocking and more than good enough in pass protection. Seymour should have all he can handle. He MUST keep Hutch from getting his mitts on any of the LBs on the second level. He and Wilfork/Traylor will share this responsibility to a certain extent, depending on the gap attack/control strategies that BB/RC decide to use for this game.

I really want to see Ty Poole back and healthy for this game. The Seahawks can hurt you with their 3 WR sets, and the Pats will need all the DB depth they can muster. We're going to see plenty of Samuel and Gay in this game as it is - lets hope it isn't as starters (though I think Samuel is almost ready.)

I think Hass can be had mentally. He's good at quick reads, but I don't think Saint Louis, Arizona, New Orleans, or San Francisco have defensive systems that disguise reads quite like New England. He's not real mobile, though he holds his own. I think a little pressure and disguised reads behind it will cause him to lose his cool a bit. He's only thrown 2 INTs so far this year - I'd lay even money that he at least equals that in this game, depending on our DB health status.

If I am BB/RC:
As my base set, I play Rodney and Geno in the box flanking Bruschi, with a 3 man line and McGinest and Phifer at the OLB positions. Reid plays centerfield. You're maximizing your coverage options while still having enough beef to play the run, and enough speed to disguise coverages all day long.

When the Patriots have the ball:
The Hawks use a rotation system at DT. Moore is okay, Woodward is pretty good, and Tubbs is a comer, but raw. Behind them, Orlando Huff is a quality and underrated MLB, but is dinged up right now. The hawks use a R/L rather than a W/S system - Anthony Simmons is a talented 'backer on the left side. On the right side SHOULD be Chad Brown, but he's out with an injury. In his place is Isaiah Kacyvenski, an adequate replacement who plays smart ball and gets the most out of somewhat limited physical talent. There is NO DEPTH at the LB positions, but they are getting adequate play from the positions as of right now.

As a whole, the run defense is statistically excellent, allowing only 84.5 ypg. However, that is on a league 3rd lowest 21.2 attempts per game - they've been leading their opponents for most of the games. They've allowed 4 ypc to opposing runners.

The Hawks are vulnerable in the flats in the passing game, particularly away from Anthony Simmons' side, something which plays right into Brady's strengths. If Faulk is ready to go, this should be a nice welcome back performance for him. If Bethel is back, he should help open up the flats with his mere presense. Patten can do this to a lesser extent, as well.

Now, their pass defense is quite good. They have the 5th highest pass attempts per game against, but only allow a touch over 200 ypg in passing. Trufant and Lucas are excellent corners, and Bobby Taylor is close to an NFL best 3rd CB, bringing a great deal of experience to the position. There is some serious dropoff after that, however. Kenny Hamlin has developed into a solid, if not spectacular, player at safety, though the other saftey spot has been pretty shakey. Michael Boulware is challenging to take Bierria's spot there. The pass rush has been adequate against some truly horrible offensive lines. 12 sacks is above the NFL average, but considering all the SURE passing situations they've found themselves in, not a particularly big number.

If I'm BB/CW:
I make sure I go deep at least twice in the first quarter, but focus on playing first down to first down. The flats in the passing game and the middle in the running game are both accessable to good playcalling. The key will be the adjustments made after seeing Seattle's defensive game plans. I expect to see a coverage defense as opposed to a pressure defense. If that's the case, take a chance or two deep and pound away, look for your mismatches in the passing game.

thomas144 10-13-2004 02:37 PM

"The Hawks" was what the "The Band" was called before they became "The Band".

Annihilus 10-13-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Funny....

That's the same thing the last 19 teams said (ok - maybe the Dolphins didn't say it last week....but I digress).

It should be a good game or at least a good early barometer for two teams supposedly headed to the post season if nothing else.

BobKraftsCoozie 10-13-2004 02:44 PM

If Marc Bulger.....MARC BULGER, can throw three picks and still win the game.... I like our chances.

Swarming D??? Is that what they call it when the defense gathers around the Defensive coordinator on the sideline and says "what the F$%k we gonna do???"."How do we stop Marc Bulger??"

Undertaker #59* 10-13-2004 02:45 PM

Excellent analysis, Flagg! :thumb: I fear it may get lost in this thread though...

dchester 10-13-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Geez, I'm so worried about those SheHawks and their cute uniforms, I'll probably only be able to drink one quart of gin tonight instead of two.

BTW, nice job on that prevent defense.
________
4.4 Turbo Diesel

thomas144 10-13-2004 03:05 PM

I enjoyed the analysis Flagg. I actually read it. I know that's hard for some of you to believe.

I stocked up on booze last night dchester, but didn't get any gin. Kind of an odd time of year to be drinking it, don't you think. I always wonder what the guy in the liquor store thinks when he sees someone like me buying huge bottles of cheap scotch, cheap bourbon, cheap vodka, and a smaller bottle of glenlivet.

dchester 10-13-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thomas144
I enjoyed the analysis Flagg. I actually read it. I know that's hard for some of you to believe.

I stocked up on booze last night dchester, but didn't get any gin. Kind of an odd time of year to be drinking it, don't you think. I always wonder what the guy in the liquor store thinks when he sees someone like me buying huge bottles of cheap scotch, cheap bourbon, cheap vodka, and a smaller bottle of glenlivet.

He probably figures that you hide the Glenlivet when company is over.
________
volcano digital

BobKraftsCoozie 10-13-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dchester
He probably figures that you hide the Glenlivet when company is over.
:LOL: :LOL:

nepatsfan93 10-13-2004 03:22 PM

Heres something for sissy boy Hasslebeck to look forward too...

http://cache.boston.com/images/sport...ck_1024768.jpg

nepatsfan93 10-13-2004 03:25 PM

heres another thing you clowns up in the pacific northwest will ever see..

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...30519_7008.jpg

nepatsfan93 10-13-2004 03:26 PM

Or this...

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/A...97009_5630.jpg

MrWhite 10-13-2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nepatsfan93
Heres something for sissy boy Hasslebeck to look forward too...

http://cache.boston.com/images/sport...ck_1024768.jpg

is that a booga flying out of Jay's nose? now that's hitting hard when you cause body fluids to fly

nepatsfan93 10-13-2004 03:31 PM

bad memories

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2001739927.jpg

Oedipus Tex 10-13-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

is that a booga flying out of Jay's nose? now that's hitting hard when you cause body fluids to fly
Knocked the snot out of him, what?

Nice analysis, Flagg. You're probably wrong on all counts, of course, but WTF, it's a BSbbs anyway. ;)

BobKraftsCoozie 10-13-2004 03:37 PM

I sense bitterness.....We've got the stereotypical quarterback, winning both on and off the field with talent, good looks, and plenty of charm.

You guys couldn't even get the right Hasselbeck.....

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/up...03-DEFENSE.jpg

http://www.courier-journal.com/featu...asselbeck1.jpg

Undertaker #59* 10-13-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Oedipus Tex
Nice analysis, Flagg. You're probably wrong on all counts, of course, but WTF, it's a BSbbs anyway. ;)
That doesn't sound very nice. :rolleyes:

BionicPatriot 10-13-2004 03:40 PM

Bwahahahahaha! A Hawks fan tries to talk **** when his team chokes like a cheap little bitch. Bwahahahahaha. Ending the streak? If I were you I would be worried about that fat slob coach of yours that cant manage a lead, a Defense that breaks in crunch time. Your team let Marc friggin Bulger beat you. Marc Bulger. You guys are so done this week.

BobKraftsCoozie 10-13-2004 03:43 PM

Isn't it nice to play an actually halfway decent opponent...it will help us keep our troll bashing skills sharp for when we play meaningful games at the end of the season....

BionicPatriot 10-13-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BobKraftsCoozie
Isn't it nice to play an actually halfway decent opponent...it will help us keep our troll bashing skills sharp for when we play meaningful games at the end of the season....
No doubt...I am VERY rusty........:(

nepatsfan93 10-13-2004 03:48 PM

Check out this pic of the seattle QB's....

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart...s07_qbacks.jpg

They should be playing in San Fran..

pookie 10-13-2004 03:49 PM

Aint that cute?

Couple of twinks, aint they?

Oedipus Tex 10-13-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertaker #59
That doesn't sound very nice. :rolleyes:
I don't think Flagg will be too upset. He's a big boy.

Undertaker #59* 10-13-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Oedipus Tex
I don't think Flagg will be too upset. He's a big boy.
Nah..I wasn't concerned about that, just your BSbbs comment. No big deal.

Winhawks 10-13-2004 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Funny how you guys slag us for past seasons,when your team was one of the worst teams in the NFL not that long ago. The Pats turned it around and so are the Hawks. The Past is the Past is the Past, just like the superbowl victory by the NE Patty cakes.
I just hope Marsha Brady your QB doesn't break a nail or get hurt on Sunday. To all of you that are soooooooooo smart and got my IP address and net provider, Like it was real hard, give it up.
HERE'S TO A STREAK ENDING, INJURY FREE GAME. GO HAWKS!!!

dchester 10-13-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

To all of you that are soooooooooo smart and got my IP address and net provider, Like it was real hard, give it up.

I know that you're probably nervous over the beating the SheHawks are about to get, but don't freak out over nepatsfan93's signature. It only shows your IP address to you. I see my IP address, and everyone else sees their own info.
________
swed

patsRmyboys 10-13-2004 07:29 PM

All things come to end? You mean like your unbeaten record this season? How pathetic was it for the SleaStacks to give up 17 points in 9 minutes to the whack-ass Rams? I say to you...PUHLEEEEZ

Annihilus 10-13-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

The Past is the Past is the Past, just like the superbowl victory by the NE Patty cakes.
I just hope Marsha Brady your QB doesn't break a nail or get hurt on Sunday. To all of you that are soooooooooo smart and got my IP address and net provider, Like it was real hard, give it up.

LOL....Paranoid much?

Verrrrrry original with the Marsha Brady and Patty cakes names. Did you come up with those yourself? I'm mightily impressed. You should submit your material to CBS...you could probably get a job writing for Craig Kilborn on the Late Late Show.

If your 'hawks are as original with their game plan as you are with your namecalling, we're in big trouble.....

Steve1 10-13-2004 08:55 PM

Start the engines.....the busride back to the airport after the game will suck for the SeaDorks. And, gee, I hope the players can sleep on the long, LONG sad flight back to the rainy city.

At least a 50-50 chance, eh?

Should be a very good contest.

Worthy of the grand Gillette Stadium crowd.

PatsWin2002 10-13-2004 09:01 PM

The Seahawks are coming to town!!

http://pics.woolnet.net/images/DanceMartzDance.gif

Steve1 10-13-2004 10:27 PM

Sweatin' to the Oldies!

Winhawks 10-13-2004 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The way the patsies played against the stank dolfins I would be worried. 75 toatal yards in the 2nd half. With no WRs possibly no Dillon makes it hard to beat the Hawks. I'll be back on Sunday evening to rub it in a bit. HOW THE SOX DOING ANYWAY? NO BRUINS THIS YEAR? JOE THORTON MUST BE HAPPY HE DOESN"T HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STINK TOWN FOR AT LEAST A YEAR ANYWAY.

PatsWin2002 10-14-2004 12:34 AM

Quote:

The way the patsies played against the stank dolfins I would be worried. 75 toatal yards in the 2nd half. With no WRs possibly no Dillon makes it hard to beat the Hawks. I'll be back on Sunday evening to rub it in a bit. HOW THE SOX DOING ANYWAY? NO BRUINS THIS YEAR? JOE THORTON MUST BE HAPPY HE DOESN"T HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT STINK TOWN FOR AT LEAST A YEAR ANYWAY.
Hmmm. Well.......

The Patriots have an annoying habit of playing to the level of their competition with the exception of the Buffalo payback game last year. But we've been pulling games out for over a year now.

I don't know whether I should be more or less afraid of Seattle after that collapse to the mediocre Rams. Honestly, this game has been marked on most peoples' calendars as our first real test.

The Sox? You wouldn't understand. Too much tradition there. Although I will say that the Mariners beating the Yankees in 1995 was one of the best games I've ever seen.

And calling Boston a 'stink town'? Boston is a world class city, man. Seattle is far from that in the grand scheme of things. I can't believe you even brought that up. Seattle is nice, but it doesn't have what Boston has.

patsRmyboys 10-14-2004 03:29 AM

like a Starbucks on every corner...that's all Seatle has...

patsRmyboys 10-14-2004 03:32 AM

Ohhh and uh WinHawks, you failed to mention one thing...At least we WON that game...which is a bit more than you can say about the "display" your team put on...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

brew-ski 10-14-2004 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
now.. now.. we really should be easy on these guys.....this is a new adventure for them...smacktalking isnt an activity that comes natural to a team like the hawks..they have always been like the Switzerland of the NFL....ahhh here comes the seahawks on the field..they seem like nice guys.....

So lets take it easy on the baby trolls..they have soo much learning ahead of them..at least I hope thats their excuse for such weak smack

Spinal Tap 10-14-2004 08:02 AM

Again, I still can't believe there is a Seahawks fan trying to talk schit. This is like deja-vu from the week before the Cardinals game. I didn't even know the Cardinals had fans.

thomas144 10-14-2004 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spinal Tap
Again, I still can't believe there is a Seahawks fan trying to talk schit. This is like deja-vu from the week before the Cardinals game. I didn't even know the Cardinals had fans.
Oh come on. Even the Red Sox have fans!

BobKraftsCoozie 10-14-2004 08:12 AM

Actually, Seatle is my favorite CFL team....at least since Flutie came back South.

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawg73

P.S. - Kez- the Way Outs rocked much harder than the Hawks.

the way outs kicked azz :thumb:

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Flagg Wanderer
Flagg's Shorttake analysis:

Alexander is a great runner, but he's soft and tends to shy away from contact once he's been hit hard. Guess what? He's gonna get hit hard. A lot.

Okay:

When Seattle has the ball:
Seattle has a great set of weapons. Alexander is an excellent runner with a nose for the end zone. Hasselback is a great passer who makes quick reads. K-Rob is all talent and paddle hands. DJax is top notch, and Engram is always underrated.

Mack Strong is a solid blocking FB, occasionally running and catching the ball so that you need to respect him, and the Hawks have 2 TEs who can hurt you 2 ways in Mili and Stevens. Stevens is 6'7" and MUST be accounted for. Fortunately, he is also pretty soft, and tends develops alligator arms after a big hit. He's started to come into his own recently, though still not performing to his ability and expectations.

Along the OL, the left side is STELLAR, while the right side is pretty sub-par to approaching average. Tobeck is a top 1/3 OC at least, and Hutchinson and Jones at OG/OT are a brutal pair runblocking and more than good enough in pass protection. Seymour should have all he can handle. He MUST keep Hutch from getting his mitts on any of the LBs on the second level. He and Wilfork/Traylor will share this responsibility to a certain extent, depending on the gap attack/control strategies that BB/RC decide to use for this game.

I really want to see Ty Poole back and healthy for this game. The Seahawks can hurt you with their 3 WR sets, and the Pats will need all the DB depth they can muster. We're going to see plenty of Samuel and Gay in this game as it is - lets hope it isn't as starters (though I think Samuel is almost ready.)

I think Hass can be had mentally. He's good at quick reads, but I don't think Saint Louis, Arizona, New Orleans, or San Francisco have defensive systems that disguise reads quite like New England. He's not real mobile, though he holds his own. I think a little pressure and disguised reads behind it will cause him to lose his cool a bit. He's only thrown 2 INTs so far this year - I'd lay even money that he at least equals that in this game, depending on our DB health status.

If I am BB/RC:
As my base set, I play Rodney and Geno in the box flanking Bruschi, with a 3 man line and McGinest and Phifer at the OLB positions. Reid plays centerfield. You're maximizing your coverage options while still having enough beef to play the run, and enough speed to disguise coverages all day long.

When the Patriots have the ball:
The Hawks use a rotation system at DT. Moore is okay, Woodward is pretty good, and Tubbs is a comer, but raw. Behind them, Orlando Huff is a quality and underrated MLB, but is dinged up right now. The hawks use a R/L rather than a W/S system - Anthony Simmons is a talented 'backer on the left side. On the right side SHOULD be Chad Brown, but he's out with an injury. In his place is Isaiah Kacyvenski, an adequate replacement who plays smart ball and gets the most out of somewhat limited physical talent. There is NO DEPTH at the LB positions, but they are getting adequate play from the positions as of right now.

As a whole, the run defense is statistically excellent, allowing only 84.5 ypg. However, that is on a league 3rd lowest 21.2 attempts per game - they've been leading their opponents for most of the games. They've allowed 4 ypc to opposing runners.

The Hawks are vulnerable in the flats in the passing game, particularly away from Anthony Simmons' side, something which plays right into Brady's strengths. If Faulk is ready to go, this should be a nice welcome back performance for him. If Bethel is back, he should help open up the flats with his mere presense. Patten can do this to a lesser extent, as well.

Now, their pass defense is quite good. They have the 5th highest pass attempts per game against, but only allow a touch over 200 ypg in passing. Trufant and Lucas are excellent corners, and Bobby Taylor is close to an NFL best 3rd CB, bringing a great deal of experience to the position. There is some serious dropoff after that, however. Kenny Hamlin has developed into a solid, if not spectacular, player at safety, though the other saftey spot has been pretty shakey. Michael Boulware is challenging to take Bierria's spot there. The pass rush has been adequate against some truly horrible offensive lines. 12 sacks is above the NFL average, but considering all the SURE passing situations they've found themselves in, not a particularly big number.

If I'm BB/CW:
I make sure I go deep at least twice in the first quarter, but focus on playing first down to first down. The flats in the passing game and the middle in the running game are both accessable to good playcalling. The key will be the adjustments made after seeing Seattle's defensive game plans. I expect to see a coverage defense as opposed to a pressure defense. If that's the case, take a chance or two deep and pound away, look for your mismatches in the passing game.

Hell of an analysis Flagg ......... c/p it to your desk top so you can add it to a thread more deserving of real football talk ........ I sence this troll getting beat down here soon :thumb: >)

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

ROFL :LOL: You know what?......... your right that does look like a booger flying from fiedler's nostril!

ENFORCER 10-14-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

What you talking about?? Boston is the best sports city in the world... The Pats are making their legacy now. Celtics & Bruins are rich in history, and the Sox......ok lets just forget about them:rolleyes: ...how many championships seattle won??

brew-ski 10-14-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Funny how you guys slag us for past seasons,when your team was one of the worst teams in the NFL not that long ago. The Pats turned it around and so are the Hawks. The Past is the Past is the Past, just like the superbowl victory by the NE Patty cakes.

anyone that didnt get the email with winhawks ATM PIN number let me know

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

You poor,misguided soul..... You realize OUR Pats where without 2 of our receivers and our stud RB went down early ..... and we still found a way to win that game!
Now let's see your sleastack (tag stolen from a previous poster:D ) had a 17 point lead in the 4th qtr. only to find a way to LOSE that game!
Now pay attention the way the sleastack found a way to lose and the Pats found a way to win is the difference between these two teams. Pats play 60 min every down of every game! They play hard ,they play hurt and they don't bitch! now your sleastack became complacent and got treated like 2 dollar whores looking for their next "fix" .
Please in the future refrain from the smack.Try talking a little football it isn't hard give your opinions on the pluses and minuses of your team and wait for a response if you try this then your responses will be much more favorable....
That being said I will anxiously await you to get home from school ,complete your home work and ask mommy if you can use her puter to be able to respond.

welcome to the planet cupcake! :4321:

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by brew-ski
anyone that didnt get the email with winhawks ATM PIN number let me know
:fire: :LOL: ROFL :fire:

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:26 AM

Tom Brady is the most overated QB in the league. Matt Hasselbeck has ten times better #'s, not to mention a ten times better team. Which is why after this Sunday, you guys will be exposed as the joke of the league that you are.

All you guys do is talk about Belichick like he's vince Lombardi, when really he couldn't even hold Lombardi's jock. In a big game, I'll take Holmgren anyday over Belichick....

....By the way...Starbucks is 100 times better than Dunkin Donuts swill.

Undertaker #59* 10-14-2004 09:27 AM

Hey Mega,

Why is your ass so sore?

ENFORCER 10-14-2004 09:29 AM

how many super bowls have Holmgrem won compared to Belichick??

Hasselbeck aint in Bradys league...no one is

And have you tried a Boston cream donut from Dunkin....then you missing out

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:29 AM

Its an inside joke that I wouldn't expect anyone like yourself to understand. Those on the Sea Hawks boards know who I am and what I'm all about.

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ENFORCER
Hasselbeck aint in Bradys league...no one is

What league is that???....the one right below Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, and Pennington??? You right there isn't anyone in his league.

Undertaker #59* 10-14-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megasaurass
Its an inside joke that I wouldn't expect anyone like yourself to understand. Those on the Sea Hawks boards know who I am and what I'm all about.
I see...that's really what's important isn't it? Maybe you should try some lubrication next time?

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

I see...that's really what's important isn't it? Maybe you should try some lubrication next time.
Listen, If you think making Gay jokes is going to hurt my feelings??? Its not. I've dealt with it since grade school. You're not the first and certainly wont be the last. Most people don't have a problem with my sexualtiy because I know my football.

mgoblue101415 10-14-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Tom Brady is the most overated QB in the league. Matt Hasselbeck has ten times better #'s, not to mention a ten times better team. Which is why after this Sunday, you guys will be exposed as the joke of the league that you are.

All you guys do is talk about Belichick like he's vince Lombardi, when really he couldn't even hold Lombardi's jock. In a big game, I'll take Holmgren anyday over Belichick....

Hmmm... Matt is ten times BETTER than Brady, and on a team 10 times BETTER than the Pats, and yet, the Seahawks STILL can't win a playoff game, while Brady and his lousy Pats have 2 SB rings. :huh:

Man, i was giving the Seahawks some credit, I've liked the way they've come around the past few years, but after hearing how great they are and they still have won nothing.... :shake: I guess I'll have to put them in with Pay-me-a-ton and the Dolts. Talented team that always chokes. Cause I'm sorry, if the both Hasselbeck & the Seahawks are TEN TIMES BETTER than Brady and the Pats.... Well, then they are slightly underachieving and deserve to mentioned with the pathetic Dolts.

Annihilus 10-14-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Another 'hawks trash talker, eh? Welcome to the board sore ass.

You're talking quite a bit of trash considering that your team just lost in your own house to a team coached by Mike Martz when you were up by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter. I hope you guys bring more than one quarterback to the game - you're liable to need them both. You can sure as hell bet that Alexander is going to get a bit of attention from our D.

As far as jocks go - I dunno if BB could carry Lombardi's jock, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't wear it, as it'd be entirely too small to contain what Bill is packing.

kirjtc2 10-14-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Hasselbeck better than Brady? Career QB ratings: Brady 86.6, Hasselbeck 84.6. Brady didn't have a running back to inflate his numbers until this season. Brady's never thrown an interception to Al Harris in OT of a playoff game. A 10x better team? Win two Super Bowls and tell it to me then.

Holmgren has coached 2 Super Bowls. He lost one and came within a decent Pats QB and Desmond Howard of losing the other. Belichick has coached 2 Super Bowls. He won both.

As for Starbucks...Their smallest size is called Tall. Huh?

I hope for your sake the Seahawks remember football games aren't 50 minutes long this week.

JPK (who isn't as bad at smack as he thought...or is he)

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:45 AM

Hasselbeck vs. Brady- (Hasselbeck)
Alexander vs. Dillon- (Alexander)
Jackson, Engram, Robinson vs. PAt's Practice Squad WR- (Seahawks)
Belichick vs. Holmgren- (push)
Pat's D vs Hawks D (push)

I can't see how you guys are confident.

Undertaker #59* 10-14-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Listen, If you think making Gay jokes is going to hurt my feelings??? Its not. I've dealt with it since grade school. You're not the first and certainly wont be the last. Most people don't have a problem with my sexualtiy because I know my football.
I made no judgments. Was just trying to offer you a suggestion. If you know your football, perhaps you should try displaying some of that knowledge instead of talking trash.

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

I made no judgments. Was just trying to offer you a suggestion. If you know your football, perhaps you should try displaying some of that knowledge instead of talking trash.
Isn't this a smack talk thread??? It certainly looks like it. Wheres the trash talk?? I only see facts and strong opinions.

Annihilus 10-14-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

As Frank Barone would say.....Holy Crap!

There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to start....so I won't. I'll just laugh at it and refer you to my previous post.

AAAHHH HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Undertaker #59* 10-14-2004 09:50 AM

Okay Mega...welcome to the board. Have some fun. Please keep the smack contained to this thread. Thanks.

ENFORCER 10-14-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D Jackson, Engram, Robinson????? WHo are they??

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ENFORCER
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D Jackson, Engram, Robinson????? WHo are they??
Only the best wide out tandem in the league. Plus with Hasselbeck throwing them the ball agaisnt your secondary, they're gauranteed at least three recieving TD's.
You'll be lucky if your JV team gets one.

dchester 10-14-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Hi Sore Ass,

I enjoyed your comedy sketch about Holmgren. He really showed his genius last week in designing that prevent defense against those tough Rams.
ROFL

There aren't too many coaches that could choke like that. I guess he also had no clue that running the ball would use more time than passing it would.
:huh:

Well, it's been nice chatting with you, and I hope the "fellas" aren't too rough with you tonight.
:spank:
________
Toyota Corolla E20 specifications

NCPATRIOT 10-14-2004 10:19 AM

All I can say is I can't wait till Sunday's game :D

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dchester
Hi Sore Ass,

I enjoyed your comedy sketch about Holmgren. He really showed his genius last week in designing that prevent defense against those tough Rams.
ROFL

There aren't too many coaches that could choke like that. I guess he also had no clue that running the ball would use more time than passing it would.
:huh:

Well, it's been nice chatting with you, and I hope the "fellas" aren't too rough with you tonight.
:spank:

Dchester?? Are you one of those guys who wishes you were from Dchester, to make all your war stories sound better??

Remember the phenominal prevent Belichick skemed up during last seasons match-up against the Colts?? How did that work out for you? The only difference between that and the rams is that we didn't have a fat, over the hill line backer faking injuries.

brew-ski 10-14-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

In a big game?? when was the last time the hawks were in a big game...oh yea last year and the infamous "and we're gonna score!" comment by rogaine man...nice clutch performance there..i remember the time Brady cost us a game in the playoffs....oh wait there never HAS been a time like that

i laugh because every week its the same thing from trolls..

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by brew-ski
i laugh because every week its the same thing from trolls..
Maybe thats because you've only played one winning team so far. Things are about to change.

Annihilus 10-14-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Maybe thats because you've only played one winning team so far. Things are about to change.
Yeah....they ain't winning because we're beating their sorry asses.

Check out the win/loss records of all the teams we beat last year to start our streak if you want to talk about teams with winning records.

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Isn't this a smack talk thread??? It certainly looks like it. Wheres the trash talk?? I only see facts and strong opinions.
Ummmmmm ok there cupcake ..... When you talk trash you should be able to back it up with facts.
You say you like to talk football well pull your foot bout of your mouth and talk some football, can you give a valid reason as to why you think the seahags can beat the super bowl champs?
The only FACT I can see as far as the sleastack go is the fact that they CHOKE! They play 45-55 min. a game They can't finish .....prob why you never hear any talk of matt's gf/wife ...... he never figured out how to "finish"

Fact the New England Patriots have won 2 Super Bowls in the past 3 years!!
Fact the New England Patriots have won 19 straight games ..... THATS 19 STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! with them not playing their best ball this year!!!!!!
WTF are you going to say when the Pats are firing on all cylinders?
WTF are you going to do when the seahags lose this Sunday?
actually STFU cupcake until YOUR team gives you a reason to talk trash. :4321: :hang:

mgoblue101415 10-14-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Just curious...

How many winning teams has Seattle played??

NO? No.

TB? No.

SF? No.

STL? Hey, there's a winning team. Course they're only a winning team because they BEAT SEA. When Sea played them STL, was simply at .500. But hey, they're a winning team now, so I'll say the Hawks played a winning team.

So let's see if I've got this right.

Both NE and SEA have played one team with a winning record.

NE played Indy, who many consider the 2nd best team in the AFC, and NE won.

SEA played a pathetic looking STL team, that was 2-2, and Seattle LOST to them.

Dude, I know you're trying to talk sh*t here and all, but try coming up with something that doesn't make your own team look worse than the team you're trashing.

Dumba$$. :shake:

PatsWin2002 10-14-2004 10:57 AM

I'd just like to say that I hate Starbucks.

It's just too 'foofy' for me.

I'll take a DD or a Honey Dew every time.

As for the game.....we could have a letdown.....it'll happen sometime.

But it'd probably be just because Dillon, Brown, and Branch are hurtin'.

Then again....we've been down this road before and won.

The Seahawk fans are coming here spouting their drivel as if this is the touted matchup of 2 unbeaten teams. Well, that's not happening now. We held up our end of the bargain and you guys blew it.

Against Martz of all people. :cool:

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
I'd just like to say that I hate Starbucks.

It's just too 'foofy' for me.

I'll take a DD or a Honey Dew every time.

Damn straight! :thumb:
of course on some job sites I was forced to drink starbucks or not have a coffee at all....... OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!! :eek:

Ballbustah 10-14-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

You have got to be one of the stupidest trolls meandering on anyones board.

nepatsfan93 10-14-2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_PATS_FAN54
Damn straight! :thumb:
of course on some job sites I was forced to drink starbucks or not have a coffee at all....... OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!! :eek:

We have a place called Heavn'ly donuts up here in the merrimack valley.

I must say his coffee puts DD's to shame.

PatsWin2002 10-14-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nepatsfan93
We have a place called Heavn'ly donuts up here in the merrimack valley.

I must say his coffee puts DD's to shame.

Sticking with the coffee subject (because the Seahag stuff is just silliness)....

I've found that some stores are good while others are bad.

For example, I've never gotten a bad cup of coffee at Honey Dew in Rockland or Abington or even the DD in Hingham or Norwell, but the DD in Rockland closest to my house always sucks.

Plus, they have people that don't speak English working the drive through speaker - it's a total adventure when they read your order back to you...and you pull up to the window not knowing what you're really getting.

So, I go out of my way to go to the locations that I've had the best luck with.

Anyone else do the same?

dchester 10-14-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Dchester?? Are you one of those guys who wishes you were from Dchester, to make all your war stories sound better??
Nope, sorry to disapoint you.

Quote:

Remember the phenominal prevent Belichick skemed up during last seasons match-up against the Colts?? How did that work out for you?
Pretty good. We won, as I recall, and against a much better offense than the sheep.

Quote:

The only difference between that and the rams is that we didn't have a fat, over the hill line backer faking injuries.
It's not nice to be making fun of an injury prone linebacker. I was just glad that some how, he was able to suck it up and get back into the game. You really have to respect players that put their bodies on the line like that, risking further injury for the good of the team.
:thumb:
________
uhwh

BobKraftsCoozie 10-14-2004 12:47 PM

Let me get this straight (literally), We are getting a hard time from a gay sea Hawks fan????

Three Thoughts:

1) I think it is really cool that I can actually type "Gay Sea Hawks fan" on a message board with out being considered a smack talker or an insensitive a-hole.

2) I wonder if Megasaurass was gay before being a SeaHawks fan or was he SeaHawks fan before realizing he was gay??? Just a thought.

3) Depending on your answer to #2, does this phenominon apply to any other NFL teams? Could this occur to perhaps a Colts fan. I'd much rather raz a "Gay Colts Fan".

4) All joking aside, I think it is a compliment that a "Gay SeaHAwks Fan" has made his way to the planet. I think it says a lot about our diverse and open forum here. A lot of good natured people who love their Team, and the Sport in general. That said....

SeaHawks Suck!!!!

Spinal Tap 10-14-2004 12:51 PM

I am still dumbfounded that Seahawks fans are talking smack. What's next???

Oh, by the way, why is everyone entertaining this "megasaurus" a-hole? I understand smack talk, but I don't really get "stupid talk". I think we're getting a healthy dose of the latter.

Seahawks fans.........................ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What will they think of next???

PA_PATS_FAN54* 10-14-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Sticking with the coffee subject (because the Seahag stuff is just silliness)....

I've found that some stores are good while others are bad.

For example, I've never gotten a bad cup of coffee at Honey Dew in Rockland or Abington or even the DD in Hingham or Norwell, but the DD in Rockland closest to my house always sucks.

Plus, they have people that don't speak English working the drive through speaker - it's a total adventure when they read your order back to you...and you pull up to the window not knowing what you're really getting.

So, I go out of my way to go to the locations that I've had the best luck with.

Anyone else do the same?

I drank my first bad cup of DD coffee over here in the pocasnows. I've come to the conclusion that it is a simple case of the workers allowing a pot of coffee to sit for 2-3 hours during the slow part of their day .... and usually only during the spring,sumer and early fall.When there are enough warm days for most to not crave a nice hot cup of coffee.
I learned real quick when to steer clear of DD over here and just go to a wawa or turkey hill ( pa's version of cumberland farms/tedeschis) For the most part I've had good luck in obtaining a drinkable cup of coffee but I do miss MA and being within 15 min of a DD no matter where I happen to be at that time.

dropKickMurphy 10-14-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

You couldn't possibly be talking about our old pal Stanley, could you?
Quote:

Remember the phenominal prevent Belichick skemed up during last seasons match-up against the Colts?? How did that work out for you?

Well, let's see....Didn't one of those teams stop the most potent offense in football 4 times at the goal line in front of a hostile crowd to pull out a huge win that eventually earned them home field throughout the playoffs?

And didn't the other team blow a big lead and lose a home game to a rather mediocre team?

By the way, in Boston, Frasier Crane was a somewhat lovable blowhard that would be the butt of everyone's jokes. At least he would drink beer in a bar and try to act like a regular guy.

In Seattle, he became an effette, anal, brie-eating, latte sipping , pretentious snob. He did seem to fit rather comfortably into the Seattle scene, didn't he?

BobKraftsCoozie 10-14-2004 02:28 PM

Did I forget to mention we're groveling over a "Gay SeaHawks Fan"???

TrueBeliever 10-14-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thomas144
Welcome.

I think the Seahawks have the nicest uniforms in the league, by the way.

Their old ones, maybe. New ones aren't near as cool.

TrueBeliever 10-14-2004 02:42 PM

These Hawks fans are talking pretty smart considering they lost to Green Bay in the playoffs last year. A good high school team could beat the Puckers.... :4321:

Megasaurass 10-14-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BobKraftsCoozie
Did I forget to mention we're groveling over a "Gay SeaHawks Fan"???

Doesn't take you folks too long to show your true colors. So what if I'm gay, that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm the biggest Hawks fan out there and I can't wait until sunday when the Hawks roll your asses into the turf. Since the Hawks are such a "bad" team with "ugly uniforms", the sting of the loss will hurt even more.

Annihilus 10-14-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Doesn't take you folks too long to show your true colors. So what if I'm gay, that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm the biggest Hawks fan out there and I can't wait until sunday when the Hawks roll your asses into the turf. Since the Hawks are such a "bad" team with "ugly uniforms", the sting of the loss will hurt even more.
I don't care if you're gay - more power to ya.

Doesn't make you smart though, obviously. You come in here bringing weak smack, don't back it up with facts and completely ignore the same when it is thrown in your face. I was expecting more from the city I was born in and am saddened by the effort.

I predict you don't come back here if the 'Hawks lose this game (and I'm not even a psychic).