Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

bmooney54 01-19-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

Good thing the balls were deflated so they could grip the interceptions. If they dropped them, it might have been a rout. :coffee:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.

Who was the "insider"? Had to be Polian, right?

HSanders 01-19-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200332)
And none of the officials, who grab, fondle, and touch the balls between every play never noticed a thing.

What's even weirder is why is that stuff from the Colts being leaked to ESPN? I would assume they would simply have brought it to the attention of the refs in Nov. if that were the case, and they would have handled it.

Newbologist 01-19-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

But that was an away game, the pats wouldn't have any control over the balls in that situation?

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200338)
What's even weirder is why is that stuff from the Colts being leaked to ESPN? I would assume they would simply have brought it to the attention of the refs in Nov. if that were the case, and they would have handled it.

No headlines that way :coffee:

bmooney54 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200333)
You'd think blind men would have a heightened sense of touch.

I see what you did there, or not.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbologist (Post 2200339)
But that was an away game, the pats wouldn't have any control over the balls in that situation?

That's what I keep hearing.

HSanders 01-19-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbologist (Post 2200339)

The QBS have their own balls now, regardless of home/away. It's the Peypey Brady rule. ROFL

TipRoast 01-19-2015 04:04 PM

Somewhere, someone is preparing some kind of cheating allegation for a post-Super Bowl XLIX world where the Patriots earn their fourth ring.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200343)
The QBS have their own balls now, regardless of home/away. It's the Peypey Brady rule. ROFL

There's no way Peyton has his own balls.

O.Z.O. 01-19-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200143)
It can on car tires, why couldn't it on footballs?

It can't and as some genius in another forum pointed out earlier today, this has NEVER happened in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, Seattle, Green Bay, Chicago, Denver...or any cold weather environment. So, we should all be thankful that we got to witness history yesterday...:dith:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200338)

Meh..it is. BTW this hack Kravitz is Irsay close.

Now there are reports that the ball was over inflated. It's a mixed up lie and attention getting that will be put to rest by the NFL soon IMO

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200349)
Meh..it is. BTW this hack Kravitz is Irsay close.

Now there are reports that the ball was over inflated. It's a mixed up lie and attention getting that will be put to rest by the NFL soon IMO

What's the over/under on the over/under?

king of kings 01-19-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

All game balls are weighted have to be approved by the refs. Since they get to touch them.after ever play. You dont think there noticed if the balls were deflated.

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 04:15 PM

BTW, I want to be clear, I am in no way saying I am even saying this is an issue. It isn't to me, my team got flat out out played. Frankly, I didn't expect my team to win (it would have been nice). I am just one of these people who if I hear a theory, I do like to think it out out loud (like air pressure differences).