Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200847)
That's because I have made but a handful of posts on any football message boards since Polian and the Colts decided that going undefeated wasn't important to them back during the 2009 season. It kinda soured me on Football a bit.

Still a fan but I don't put a fraction of the emotion as I used to into the outcome of football games that I cannot control - hence a handful of posts in half a decade and a way out of date signature line.

I need to change that. On second thought, why bother.

I hope other people find you as fascinating as I do.

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200864)

I do! I do!

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200859)
Not sure this was posted. Bettis calling Pats "known felons". Stephen A. Smith LOSES IT on him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ng28gh3Tr54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At one time I actually had some respect for Jerome Bettis.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomezcat (Post 2200851)
Oh! Nice of you to grace us with your presence! To what do we owe this honour? 😁
Posted via Mobile Device

Been supah busy, but things are slowed down now :celebrate:

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Not sure this was posted. Bettis calling Pats "known felons". Stephen A. Smith LOSES IT on him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ng28gh3Tr54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big game Jerome
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FUcDGLHCOi4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marginmn 01-20-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200864)

People stay up nights fretting about being well thought of on this forum. Please consider the gravity of your opinion before cementing it.

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200874)
big game Jerome
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FUcDGLHCOi4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sure the piped in crowd noise had an adverse sensory effect...or something like that...

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200876)
People stay up nights fretting about being well thought of on this forum. Please consider the gravity of your opinion before cementing it.

You should put that to music, it's beautiful.

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200876)

I've negged this troll several times. How is his rep not red yet?

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200862)
The former head of refs was just on with Felger. He believes nothing will come from thids lunacy and can't see any way that a game ball could be tampered with. He said that when a new ball comes into the game, the officials check it and will throw it out if it doesn't feel right. They will look for the referee's mark (that was put on the ball prior to the game) and give the ball a squeeze. If they believe the inflation is off, they'll have it taken out of rotation.

He also believes that the delay at the start of the 2nd half was because a kicking ball was placed on the field by mistake.

Now we have to continue waiting for the NFL to knock this down :taptaptap:

Yeah, and it seemed Felger wanted to cry, because he believes the Patriots did this

ParanoidPatriot 01-20-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200811)
Look at what you are saying. It was a 20+ page thread on the NFL investigating the Pats for deflating footballs before I even made a comment, and my comment was that it didn't cost the Colts the game and that IMO it is no worse than a major league pitcher scuffing a baseball in order to gain an edge. I suppose in your eyes no Sox pitcher ever scuffed a baseball either.
Humans are human and in many sports the competitive juices get flowing and the most competitive look for anything that could give them an edge. When a football is so under-inflated that that it is noticeable to an equipment manager, and when pointed out to refs that they look for other balls and delay a game when they find one, well people are going to draw conclusions when the only under-inflated ball comes from the team that was fined for cheating in the past.

Your coach got caught illegally filming the walk-thru's of his opponents. When chit like this happens people are not going to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. If the Pats win the Super Bowl in time it will all be forgotten, just like all of the scuffed balls in MLB.

You know there is a Sox Planet, provided free of charge if you want to talk baseball. But this is a football forum.

However, I am fascinated about what you said about race cars. There is no race car forum here so I guess it would be OK to talk about race cars.

So you are saying when they drive those cars in a circle, around and around, then stop in the "pit", the crew could deflate the tires?

Claremonster 01-20-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.Z.O. (Post 2200879)
I've negged this troll several times. How is his rep not red yet?

Oh, would you look at that. It is now. Wonder how that happened :coffee:

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

I've always found Stephen A. Smith to be a little bombastically obnoxious.

What is this world coming to when he's the voice of reason?

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

The former head of refs was just on with Felger. He believes nothing will come from this lunacy and can't see any way that a game ball could be tampered with. He said that when a new ball comes into the game, the officials check it and will throw it out if it doesn't feel right. They will look for the referee's mark (that was put on the ball prior to the game) and give the ball a squeeze. If they believe the inflation is off, they'll have it taken out of rotation.

He also believes that the delay at the start of the 2nd half was because a kicking ball was placed on the field by mistake.

The onslaught of retractions is gonna be unbearable.

Oh yeah, nevermind.

KrustyTheClown 01-20-2015 03:21 PM

Hey Hey Hey!
Been out of the loop for a week or two. Mr. Teeny ran out of nicotine patches and is been like a zoo around here.
Anything new?

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2200883)
I've always found Stephen A. Smith to be a little bombastically obnoxious.

What is this world coming to when he's the voice of reason?

he really has been lately but I think it is an act to defend the Pats because the nation is against them... sort of the Stockholm Syndrome

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200882)
Oh, would you look at that. It is now. Wonder how that happened :coffee:

Thank God. was starting to feel a little like Don Quixote there for a minute..

...phucking windmill...

patswin 01-20-2015 03:29 PM

LOL at this fvcktard. Can't even troll effectively....

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patswin (Post 2200893)
LOL at this fvcktard. Can't even troll effectively....

I don't like it when you try to kiss my ass while you're trolling in a lame attempt to throw me off track.

Take a lesson from D22...thet giy nu how tew trole

TheHammer 01-20-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.Z.O. (Post 2200866)

Bettis is so full of sheit. Before the memo came out in 2006 the Patriots' taping location was fully legal. So even if they did it back in 2001 and 2004 it was legal at the time.

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200572)
Every team cheats in their own way. Bottom line. You name the team, they have cheated in the past, or, currently cheat.

Have you ever ran a light or went over the speed limit? Ever drove without your seat belt on? Ever? If you did, you broke the law.

I agree. I've done a lot worse than that.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Why?

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200834)
Well, that seems a bit harsh. Have you ever considered that he might just be extremely ignorant, and is simply unaware that he has no clue at all what he is talking about?

:coffee:

Ignorantly a dumbass? Maybe.

benhamean 01-20-2015 03:57 PM

The fact that Marshall Faulk and Jerome Bettis and Shula are still bitter and broken, and continue to demonstrate that they are little bitches makes me very happy :toast:

They are getting called out on it to an increasing degree is also awesome

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TpfLZigEH3...ick-haters.jpg

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200797)
Some Pats panties are all in a wad and it totally cracks me up. I didn't try to hit a nerve but apparently I did.

The word Fan was derived from Fanatic for a reason. It is being proven here in spades.

Sheep seducer

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200832)
And for the one classy Pats fan who seems infatuated with sheep, I looked it up and according to the USDA there are about as many Sheep flocks in New England as there are in Indiana. :)

You're the ship shape shump of sheep.

KrustyTheClown 01-20-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benhamean (Post 2200899)

When did BB start dating the Crypt Keeper?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...47/cryptoe.jpg

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200897)
Why?

Because he hadn't displayed what a dumbass he was at the point.

Opinions change in light of new evidence...well, unless the opinion is that the Patriots are cheaters. God himself could tell people that wasn't true and they wouldn't want to believe it, and no amount of supporting facts to the contrary will change ignorant, uninformed opinions.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.Z.O. (Post 2200914)
Because he hadn't displayed what a dumbass he was at the point.

Opinions change in light of new evidence...well, unless the opinion is that the Patriots are cheaters. God himself could tell people that wasn't true and they wouldn't want to believe it, and no amount of supporting facts to the contrary will change ignorant, uninformed opinions.

I always thought that Bettis was a Pats h8r. Like many of the rest...

It's hard to actually find the media "gurus" that are pro Pats.

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200916)

My respect predates my membership in this forum.

tehrick67 01-20-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200811)
Look at what you are saying. It was a 20+ page thread on the NFL investigating the Pats for deflating footballs before I even made a comment, and my comment was that it didn't cost the Colts the game and that IMO it is no worse than a major league pitcher scuffing a baseball in order to gain an edge. I suppose in your eyes no Sox pitcher ever scuffed a baseball either.

Humans are human and in many sports the competitive juices get flowing and the most competitive look for anything that could give them an edge. When a football is so under-inflated that that it is noticeable to an equipment manager, and when pointed out to refs that they look for other balls and delay a game when they find one, well people are going to draw conclusions when the only under-inflated ball comes from the team that was fined for cheating in the past.

Your coach got caught illegally filming the walk-thru's of his opponents. When chit like this happens people are not going to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. If the Pats win the Super Bowl in time it will all be forgotten, just like all of the scuffed balls in MLB.

Or maybe Brady likes his ball to be on the lower end of inflation, and Luck likes his closer to the max?

As far as the bold, that simply didn't happen.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrustyTheClown (Post 2200907)
When did BB start dating the Crypt Keeper?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...47/cryptoe.jpg

oh that is great... awesome

nice catch

http://bigbignews.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/irsay.jpg

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 04:58 PM

ROFL Google footballs deflated images and images of Brady and BB come up and a few deflated footballs ROFL

patriots pam 01-20-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

The former head of refs was just on with Felger. He believes nothing will come from this lunacy and can't see any way that a game ball could be tampered with. He said that when a new ball comes into the game, the officials check it and will throw it out if it doesn't feel right. They will look for the referee's mark (that was put on the ball prior to the game) and give the ball a squeeze. If they believe the inflation is off, they'll have it taken out of rotation.

Yep. Shouldn't take much for the League to resolve an apparent "much ado about nothing" like this. Maybe a conference call with the necessary parties. Possibly a little hop between Boston and NY, at most. So I'd think they'll make a statement and put it to rest as soon as, oh....February 2nd or so. :coffee:

Mods, just noticed the Forum name change. ROFL

Marginmn 01-20-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 2200923)
Or maybe Brady likes his ball to be on the lower end of inflation, and Luck likes his closer to the max?

As far as the bold, that simply didn't happen.

And I corrected myself about that - and it could be nothing more than what you suggested - or it could be that the Pats let a little bit of air out to make the balls more to TB's liking on a rainy night. Again, I don't think it is a big deal either way and I wouldn't be shocked either way - intentional or unintentional. Wide receivers have been known to put stick'em on his hands to help catch the ball. I would not get all defensive if someone suggested that a Colts receiver had put stick'em on their hands or if it came to be know that Luck prefers to over-inflate his footballs a bit.

Its obvious that some people take this stuff a lot more seriously than I do.

Enjoy your Two Weeks of Super Bowl Overload. Been there and done that.
Thanks for being civil.

Roberto71 01-20-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200774)
Michael Rosenberg is a well-documented Patriots hater. I will never read anything he writes

I'm sorry. But I think that's an absolutely disgraceful article. It has no basis in fact it's just BS of the highest order yet its published without any qualms whatsoever.

I'm sick of our tram being trashed like this. It's not acceptable.

deec77 01-20-2015 06:09 PM

Even worse Mike Francesa is telling his listeners the ball had to be unmarked if it's taking this long. This is spiraling out of control.

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

bideau 01-20-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200930)
And I corrected myself about that - and it could be nothing more than what you suggested - or it could be that the Pats let a little bit of air out to make the balls more to TB's liking on a rainy night. Again, I don't think it is a big deal either way and I wouldn't be shocked either way - intentional or unintentional. Wide receivers have been known to put stick'em on his hands to help catch the ball. I would not get all defensive if someone suggested that a Colts receiver had put stick'em on their hands or if it came to be know that Luck prefers to over-inflate his footballs a bit.

Thanks for being civil.

Have no fears, we're very used to the Super Bowl hype. It never gets old :coffee:

Roberto71 01-20-2015 06:17 PM

See what Aaron Rodgers was saying about this? Basically it's BS. All QBs like to have the ball at lower pressure and he said it was actually Peyton who led the way in this!

deec77 01-20-2015 06:29 PM

It doesn't matter what other people say. Those who hate are going to make $hit up plain and simple. As I mentioned in the other thread Mike Francesa a Redpected NY reporter is saying the Pats must have used an unmarked ball and that's why it's taking so long.

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriots4ever 01-20-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200942)
I'm sorry. But I think that's an absolutely disgraceful article. It has no basis in fact it's just BS of the highest order yet its published without any qualms whatsoever.

I'm sick of our tram being trashed like this. It's not acceptable.

It was a disgraceful and lazy article.

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 06:29 PM

Thought this was interesting also:

Quote:

Eli Manning’s Footballs Are Months in Making
By BILL PENNINGTON
Published: November 23, 2013

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — When Eli Manning drops back to throw his first pass Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, the football in his hands will be as familiar as an old friend.

That is because the ball has been scoured, scrubbed, soaked and seasoned, a breaking-in process that takes months and ensures that every ball used by the Giants in a game will meet Manning’s exact preferences. The leather will have been softened, the grip enhanced and the overall feel painstakingly assessed.

There are no new balls thrown around in an N.F.L. game. A new ball, despised for its sheen and waxy gloss, is as popular as a late hit.

For every N.F.L. game, each team has 12 to 20 balls that it has meticulously groomed and prepared according to the needs of its starting quarterback. The balls, brushed and primed using various obvious and semisecret techniques, bear the team logo and are switched out from sideline to sideline depending on which team is on offense.

That means that from series to series, the ball in play can feel wholly different, but each team’s quarterback always has a ball prepped by his equipment staff the way he likes it.

Nothing is left to chance. The Giants, for example, have a special set of a dozen pregame practice balls so Manning can warm up with footballs that will feel exactly the same as the game balls, which are inspected and approved by the game officials before play starts.

In all, there are always about 36 specially marked Eli Manning balls sequestered and protected in four large ball bags. If a coach looking for a ball at practice should unwittingly approach one of the bags, the team’s equipment director, Joe Skiba, will pounce: “Get away, those are Eli’s game balls.”

Skiba added: “No one is allowed to touch those balls. They’re precious jewels. Too much work has gone into them.”

When the Giants play away games, the balls are kept in a special trunk, although it is not labeled “Game Balls.” That might lead to sabotage.

In the case of the Giants, preparing the game balls used from September to December begins in summer training camp.

The Giants will start with six to seven dozen new footballs. Sorting through them, Skiba and his brother, Ed, the assistant equipment director, will give each ball a once-over.

“I’ll know as soon as I pick up a ball whether it could be a ball that Eli might like some day or whether it’s a ball he’ll never like,” Ed Skiba said.

The Skibas, who grew up in Paramus, N.J., have been with the Giants since the 1990s, serving myriad quarterbacks. Manning, like most, knows what he wants in a football.

“I want a brand new ball that feels like it’s 10 years old,” Manning said Wednesday. “You want it to feel like it’s been in your house for 10 years, where you’ve been playing Saturday afternoon games with it for a long time.

“I want it broken in but it should still have nubs on it. The process has gotten better as we’ve changed some schemes and techniques. We’ve honed in what works.”

nytimes.com

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200955)
Thought this was interesting also:

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200952)
See what Aaron Rodgers was saying about this? Basically it's BS. All QBs like to have the ball at lower pressure and he said it was actually Peyton who led the way in this!

All of this Pats are cheaters BS is getting very ironic...since most every team does this too.

jws2611 01-20-2015 07:01 PM

Thank you NFL for taking your sweet time with this. Its to a point that no matter what they say people will not believe it. This bullshit story is headline news all over the country. The most overblown story I have ever seen. And the NFL has allowed this to go on
Posted via Mobile Device

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 07:04 PM

The dean of investigation Vincent I think it is, says a couple more days and his investigation team is in foxboro looking for bogus details

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200959)
All of this Pats are cheaters BS is getting very ironic...since most every team does this too.

Well actually it's becoming very clear that the NFL doesn't want the best product on the field. Because if they did care about the product they would allow a Better choice of pressure in footballs

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 07:08 PM

Something I found out today, the BS charges after the '07 were investigated the night before the super bowl with over 4 hour meeting with Patriots brass. So instead of planning for the game, the patriots were defending themselves for 4 hours from charges the writer pulled out of his ass.

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 07:10 PM

And this one is interesting too. Just posted on ESPN.

Quote:

Rodgers prefers inflated footballs

"I have a major problem with the way it goes down, to be honest with you," Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

Rodgers said he likes the ball to be inflated because of his strong grip pressure and large hand size but doesn't believe that's the norm.

"The majority of quarterbacks, I would say more than half, are maybe on the other end of the spectrum and like it on the flatter side," he said on his show. "My belief is that there should be a minimum air-pressure requirement but not a maximum. There's no advantage, in my opinion -- we're not kicking the football -- there's no advantage in having a pumped-up football.

"There is, if you don't have strong grip pressure or smaller hands, an advantage to having a flat football, though, because that is easier to throw. So I think that is something they need to look at. There should be a minimum on the air pressure but not a maximum. Every game they're taking air out of the footballs I'm throwing, and I think that's a disadvantage for the way that I like them prepped."
Even if Rodgers believes there is more of an advantage to deflating than inflating, obviously for him it's an advantage to have them more inflated otherwise he wouldn't be doing it, I still think it's cool he said, in order to show teams do take liberties with the inflation of footballs. So basically he is mad he is inflating them, beyond limits, and refs remove the air.

Roberto71 01-20-2015 07:19 PM

Excellent. A superb point by point response to Rosenberg's scurrilous article.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/2...absurd-levels/

NSPatsFan 01-20-2015 07:30 PM

Had Bob Ryan on one of those Radio shows they simulcast on TV up here in Canada and he dubbed the Pats the "Deflatriots" Which I thought was funny.

Quote:

I'm proud to say I never did.

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 07:31 PM

Nice tweet by Irsay just now. This effing dick should jist stick a needle filled with cyanide in his arm.

Quote:

@JimIrsay: ....Talk of days,of how they sit and wait.........all will be revealed....

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200981)
Nice tweet by Irsay just now. This effing dick should jist stick a needle filled with cyanide in his arm.

Lisa, at least we don't have a drug addict owner here

deec77 01-20-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

This has gone beyond ridiculous. It seems only the haters are pushing this.

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 08:08 PM

My brother just texted me this tell everyone that's Kashmir by Zeppelin

imapig 01-20-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Dont worry Lisa he'll get his in the end.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...ters_hate3.gif

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 08:22 PM

So are they going to find Irsay slumped over with needles stuck in his arms listening to this over and over http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TInNIdsCoqs
cool song by the way

king of kings 01-20-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200717)

Pats fans need to take off the Homer glasses and keep it real.

There are numerous Pitchers in the MLB Hall of Fame who illegally scuffed countless baseballs who did it on purpose to gain an edge. Ultra-competitive people will bend the rules (ok, outright break them) in order to gain an edge. This is human nature. Other NFL teams have done this - the Pats just happened to get caught - and it's another black eye for them :celebrate:

A Colts player intercepted a pass from Tom Brady. The Colts equipment manager (who knows how inflated the ball should feel per NFL rules) notices that the intercepted ball isn't inflated to NFL specs. Colts inform the refs at halftime. Per the story the Refs find several more Pat Balls that were not inflated to specs and take those balls out of play.

This wasn't a kindergarten sandlot pick-up game here. The equipment manager for the New England Patriots KNOWS how much air those balls are suppose to have per NFL specifications. If the balls were under-inflated per NFL specs it was because someone on the Pats sidelines desired them to be under-inflated. Post pre-game inspection by the NFL it would take about 10 seconds to stick a fill-needle in a football and let some air out of it.

Did the under-inflated ball determine the outcome of that ass-whipping? No

Were at least three of the Pats Balls under-inflated per NFL rules? Apparently since the Colts found one when they intercepted Tom Brady's pass, then the refs noticed and inspected and took two more Pat balls out of play during the second half.

If an equipment manager on the Indianapolis Colts making $50k a year noticed that the balls were not inflated to NFL specs then do you think that Future Hall-of-Fame and 3-Time Super Bowl Champion QB Tom Brady (making $11,000,000 a year) noticed that the balls he was throwing/handling were under-inflated per NFL specs? DUH!

Did the refs find any of the Colts balls under-inflated and take them out of play? No, Apparently the Colts equipment manager can read a pressure gauge.

Does the fact that at least 3 of the Pats balls were under-inflated on a cold rainy playoff night suggest that it was done intentionally by someone on the Pats? Duh!

Is this a travesty of sport? No. Just your typical do anything - including breaking the rules a bit- to gain an edge that we have seen in MLB for over a century.

It is what it is - but it isn't that big of a deal. The Pats have one hell of an organization with an ultra-competitive steak that runs through the organization top to bottom. The Pats are not great because they cheat, but they sometimes break the rules a little because they are so competitive. They just happen to be unlucky in getting caught.

To me it is little different than a baseball pitcher getting caught scuffing a baseball to make it break a little more. Play Ball!

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

You just lost your argument . The pats are not great because they cheat. I'm sorry no team has won more games since spygate. They have been to 9 AFC titles games & 6 SB under BB. You trolls look for any excuse just to say the pats are not a elite team.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

That pathetic POS should just end it already.

TommyD420 01-20-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200916)

Here's a hint: They all have 3+ super bowl rings, or played for Bill Parcells.

TommyD420 01-20-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Nah, he'll get caught driving drunk with $40K in a laundry bag and a suitcase full of pills again - this time with a dead hooker in the trunk.

Maybe he'll get suspended a whole year this time. :coffee:

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200930)

Thanks for being civil.

Yeah we've been there and done that. This will be the 8th time since '85. But please, feel free to offer your expertise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200950)
Have no fears, we're very used to the Super Bowl hype. It never gets old :coffee:

Right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200952)

Gasp!!!!

Pey-Pey started this?!?!

Quick! Bury that nugget!

Joe 01-20-2015 09:44 PM

Irsay has got to be fvcking bananas really

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2201017)
Irsay has got to be fvcking bananas really

He smokes banana peels.

king of kings 01-20-2015 10:25 PM

I'm sure the balls will be under extra security. During the super bowl . There be a security guard or cameras following that ball boy the entire game.

imapig 01-20-2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2201023)
I'm sure the balls will be under extra security. During the super bowl . There be a security guard or cameras following that ball boy the entire game.

BB told the commish that if it would help he would have cameras installed in them...:coffee:

http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/arch...am_400x300.jpg

Claremonster 01-20-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 2201028)
BB told the commish that if it would help he would have cameras installed in them...:coffee:

http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/arch...am_400x300.jpg

ROFL

king of kings 01-20-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 2201028)

You feel very dizzy trying to watch the footage.

theotherNE 01-20-2015 11:07 PM

Gulp

patriots pam 01-20-2015 11:09 PM

From Mortenson's twitter @mortreport a few minutes ago:

Quote:

NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.
followed by

Quote:

NFL has no comment at this time and Patriots say they will continue to cooperate with the investigation. More on SpotrsCenter.

king of kings 01-20-2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriots pam (Post 2201034)
From Mortenson's twitter @mortreport a few minutes ago:

Media firestorm is going into overload. 11 balls under-inflated under by 2 pounds. Expect draft picks & fines.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 11:21 PM

I'm assuming they mean 2 psi?

Steve-o 01-20-2015 11:22 PM

Yeah, nothing to see there, indeed.

:OMG:

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2201035)
Media firestorm is going into overload. 11 balls under-inflated under by 2 pounds. Expect draft picks & fines.

Shit. Don't think weather can do that. Wouldn't they be marked by the refs if they were the balls checked prior to the game? That's going to be important as well.

king of kings 01-20-2015 11:23 PM

Media got what they wanted. Evidence the pats cheated again. By having 11 of 12 balls under inflated. There ball boy now probably be fired.

Steve-o 01-20-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2201038)
Shit. Don't think weather can do that. Wouldn't they be marked by the refs if they were the balls checked prior to the game? That's going to be important as well.

The chair of Boston College's physics department already shot down the cold weather deflation theory.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opi...iots_footballs

vertigho 01-20-2015 11:24 PM

Not good.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 18s
In @mortreport story on 11 under-inflated footballs, one source described NFL as "disappointed, angry, distraught." http://es.pn/157iYLo

Steve-o 01-20-2015 11:26 PM

The Pats didn't need to cheat, and they would have won that game 45-7 or pretty damn near it.

That only makes this even more stupid, more arrogant.

vertigho 01-20-2015 11:28 PM

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 46s46 seconds ago
presumption now is Pats deflated footballs after inspection. We'll see if that's what's alleged or if officials didn't inspect well

king of kings 01-20-2015 11:29 PM

Now refs will be trained better to detect under deflated balls. This will be the biggest story the next 2 weeks

vertigho 01-20-2015 11:32 PM

Mike Petraglia @Trags
An official NFL ball is 13 psi. According to @mortreport the 11 balls came in at 11 psi

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201042)
The Pats didn't need to cheat, and they would have won that game 45-7 or pretty damn near it.

That only makes this even more stupid, more arrogant.

True. May have helped if it would have been a very close game.

The question is, if these are not the same balls that the refs checked how did they get them on the sideline?

If they are the same balls, this would be harder to prove. Even if it was done on the sidelines, it's pretty damn easy to have a small tiny needle in your hand, under a glove on your finger, and deflate the ball and no one would notice even if filmed.

Steve-o 01-20-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2201047)
True. May have helped if it would have been a very close game.

The question is, if these are not the same balls that the refs checked how did they get them on the sideline?

If they are the same balls, this would be harder to prove. Even if it was done on the sidelines, it's pretty damn easy to have a small tiny needle in your hand, under a glove on your finger, and deflate the ball and no one would notice even if filmed.

I imagine there will be some big changes in how they're handled. I guess most of us would have never thought this was something that needed to be handled before this?

king of kings 01-20-2015 11:39 PM

How did the refs not know they were under inflated . You should be able to tell the difference between fully inflated balls & under inflated balls. When you handle them on every play.

No.1jag 01-20-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2201039)
Media got what they wanted. Evidence the pats cheated again. By having 11 of 12 balls under inflated. There ball boy now probably be fired.

Ball boy is fired cause he missed the 12th one. WTF is wrong with that @hole incompetence in his job IMO.

ROFL :shake: ROFL

vertigho 01-20-2015 11:43 PM

If the balls were under inflated prior to arriving with the officials, and they failed to measure the PSI and/or didn't care, I'd say this is a non-issue for New England and is entirely on the refs.

If someone with New England intentionally sabotaged the footballs after their inspection then this is really bad.

I sincerely hope the latter isn't true, but if it is... gosh, I'd be feeling rather conflicted, let's put it that way.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 11:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...-air-footballs

vertigho 01-20-2015 11:46 PM

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 32 seconds ago

Globe confirms that game officials discovered at halftime that game balls were underinflated. Tested each ball twice with different gauges

Dominated 01-20-2015 11:47 PM

Something better come out that we did not ****ing do this. I spent all week defending this team. I am so pissed right now. Why why why why?? Against a totally inferior opponent.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2201053)
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 32 seconds ago

Globe confirms that game officials discovered at halftime that game balls were underinflated. Tested each ball twice with different gauges

So they were not used in the 2nd half? Well then. Maybe the Colts should have shut their mouths. If they were the refs are just as guilty.

DeweyTime 01-20-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2201051)
If the balls were under inflated prior to arriving with the officials, and they failed to measure the PSI and/or didn't care, I'd say this is a non-issue for New England and is entirely on the refs.

If someone with New England intentionally sabotaged the footballs after their inspection then this is really bad.

I sincerely hope the latter isn't true, but if it is... gosh, I'd be feeling rather conflicted, let's put it that way.

I'm just amazed the refs didn't notice a 2 PSI difference between the patriots balls and the colts balls throughout the first half without being told by the colts equipment manager. Something still stinks.

Do they take the other team's footballs for comparison?

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2201054)
Something better come out that we did not ****ing do this. I spent all week defending this team. I am so pissed right now. Why why why why?? Against a totally inferior opponent.
Posted via Mobile Device

The refs check them beforehand...it would be their fault, no?

Steve-o 01-20-2015 11:51 PM

It would be very easy to feel like this right now

ROFL

I don't.

I feel like this.

WTF?

Dominated 01-20-2015 11:54 PM

Guess we know why no one would deny it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dominated 01-20-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201059)
It would be very easy to feel like this right now

ROFL

I don't.

I feel like this.

WTF?

oh please rub it in.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeweyTime 01-20-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2201060)
Posted via Mobile Device

Except for Tom Brady...which is extreeemely disappointing.

Dominated 01-20-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2201057)
The refs check them beforehand...it would be their fault, no?

You would think right?? I'm so freaking confused. But man if we did this for real I am hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2201060)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

If Eli can feel the difference in grit on a football, and defensive player can tell the ball is deflated when he rarely gets to touch them, on an interception, you would have to think our players knew as well. And maybe so did the refs. And they did check it at half time.

At least if this is true, the 2nd half kind of helps us save a little bit of face.

Dominated 01-20-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeweyTime (Post 2201062)
Except for Tom Brady...which is extreeemely disappointing.

And that right there is what upsets me the most. That man is my sports ****ing hero. Who to me had all the integrity in the world. Just please let this not be on us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 11:59 PM

The difference is, Rodgers can say that, and its ok, If Brady said it, full on investigation.