Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Beaglebay 05-02-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishbash (Post 2231317)
Goodell already setting up a No Apology stance (I'd say that bodes well for Patriots as far as results of investigation, he wouldn't even be mentioning an apology if Pat's were gonna be found of wrongdoing):

Patriots owner Robert Kraft has previously requested an apology from the league and commissioner Roger Goodell, should the organization be found of no wrongdoing. Though on ESPN radio's Mike and Mike in the Morning Friday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he has no immediate plans to do so.

"Well, no, because here’s the thing, and I’ve said this to Robert and I’ve said this publicly, Mike – our job is to protect the integrity of the game," Goodell said. "If there are questions about the potential for some type of violation, it’s our obligation to go find out whether it happened. So, there are 31 other teams that want to know that the rules were followed. I hope there is nothing from this, but we didn’t make any judgment about whether there was or there wasn’t. We allowed Ted Wells to do that. That’s our job, and that’s what we’re going to do. And I’m not going to apologize for doing our job."

Goodell shared that the investigation has concluded and Wells is in the process of writing the report.
http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Roger-...egate-37069407

Kraft's request for an apology from the NFL is for the leaks and subsequent ridiculous mess it did nothing to prevent, not for its investigation.

Goodell is a dope.

Roberto71 05-02-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2231328)
Kraft's request for an apology from the NFL is for the leaks and subsequent ridiculous mess it did nothing to prevent, not for its investigation.

Goodell is a dope.

Goodell is God.

patfan64 05-02-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2231330)
Goodell is a dope.

Goodell is God.

Does this mean God is dope?

HarpoonIPA 05-02-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2231287)
And the derby

You are correct sir

spacecrime 05-02-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2230961)
Honestly I don't see an apology from Goodell as necessary. Someone made an accusation and, FOR WHATEVER REASON, it turned out to be true (even if it's a tiny bit true). His job is to protect the integrity of the game not make teams feel good about themselves. If there's any apology at all he should apologize for the behavior of whoever the leak was or for how long the whole thing has dragged out

The apology is for letting the leaks continue for days, including one that said evidence has been found. The league should said at the time the there is no evidence found yet, only an accusation, that they are investigating. Letting the world believe that the NFL found 11 out of 12 balls delfated by 2 psi is unconscionable. THAT required an apology.

No that it matters. Goodell obviously has top quality blackmail photos of Kraft because Kraft will say nothing, even if the NFL's stance will be, "We couldn't PROVE they deflated the balls."

spacecrime 05-02-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyDeflatedFella (Post 2230982)
The apology should come from Chris Mortenson and Bob Kravitz

Yes!

patfan64 05-02-2015 12:40 PM

Watch - quick news story between Rounds 6 and 7. "This just in - Wells finds Pats did nothing wrong. And with the first pick in the seventh round...."

BostonTim 05-02-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patfan64 (Post 2231446)
Watch - quick news story between Rounds 6 and 7. "This just in - Wells finds Pats did nothing wrong. And with the first pick in the seventh round...."

Would they announce it with all those ears to hear?

Cheers.

HarpoonIPA 05-02-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2231451)
Would they announce it with all those ears to hear?

Cheers.

Never

TipRoast 05-02-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2231457)
Never

It doesn't matter when it's announced, it's going to be a huge story and will dominate for a couple of news cycles.

Then something else will come along and everyone (except the hard-core haters) will move on to the next big thing.

mikiemo83 05-03-2015 07:10 AM

It eill be announced, late sunday night.

Monday the suspension of Hardy will be reduced from 10 to 4 games and deflategate eill be forgotten quickly

HarpoonIPA 05-03-2015 11:26 AM

I got 3 forwards of this yesterday from a question I asked
Sharks of Vegas
@SharksOfVegas
@HarpoonIPA the officials did not log the balls, Colts and Kensil dance was choreographed.

Is twitter messing with me?

BostonTim 05-03-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2231738)

Is twitter messing with me?

Why ever not? Everyone else is. ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

tuckeverlasting 05-03-2015 02:50 PM

if goodell really wants to protect the integrity of the the game he and all his jets fans buddies should resign from the league office immediately and clear out that rats nest.

EasyBigFella 05-04-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2231013)
That would be cheating the NFL fans of the truth, and there would not be anything worse for the NFL as to have it uncovered by Deadspin or TMZ. It would kill any integrity, well what little integrity the NFL has left...

No chance the NFL could risk a cover up after the Ray Rice fiasco. They would need to implicate Indy because if it came out on it's own (which it would), Goodell would be done.

BostonTim 05-04-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyDeflatedFella (Post 2231874)
No chance the NFL could risk a cover up after the Ray Rice fiasco. They would need to implicate Indy because if it came out on it's own (which it would), Goodell would be done.

From your lips to God's ear. God may not care about football, but I'm sure he like's justice.

Cheers, BostonTim

patswin 05-04-2015 10:02 AM

I'm guessing today's the day and Wells isn't writing his report its already done. Wells and Goodell already know exactly what the story is and are planning their reaction or post announcement intentions.

Dwight Schrute 05-04-2015 11:00 AM

I heard on the radio today there's owners meetings next weekend.

My money now is they get those meetings in and then as the hatches on the private jets on the Tarmac are closing someone will hit submit and the story will be sent in the dead season with the league hoping the story wilts on the vine.

Then it's left up to the local journalists in particular to follow up weeks or months even later with the pressure for the league to respond to and to give the Pats some semblance of public exoneration they are do.

dchester 05-04-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2231929)
I heard on the radio today there's owners meetings next weekend.

My money now is they get those meetings in and then as the hatches on the private jets on the Tarmac are closing someone will hit submit and the story will be sent in the dead season with the league hoping the story wilts on the vine.

Then it's left up to the local journalists in particular to follow up weeks or months even later with the pressure for the league to respond to and to give the Pats some semblance of public exoneration they are do.

My guess is that they release the report during the NBA finals.

O_P_T 05-04-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2231894)
From your lips to God's ear. God may not care about football, but I'm sure he like's justice.

Cheers, BostonTim

Why not, his nephew plays for a certain team.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0TX4ucQQGgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bideau 05-05-2015 07:30 AM

Read an internet rumor that the Wells report will be delivered to the Pats this morning. No corroboration or source :shrug:

HarpoonIPA 05-05-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2232144)
Read an internet rumor that the Wells report will be delivered to the Pats this morning. No corroboration or source :shrug:

Really? Things are going to heat up around here if true

thomas144 05-05-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2232144)

"read an internet rumor" was it a tweet? an email? a status update on Facebook? A pinterest pin?

bideau 05-05-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas144 (Post 2232167)
"read an internet rumor" was it a tweet? an email? a status update on Facebook? A pinterest pin?

It's the equivalent of a friend of a friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend.

Someone on another forum where I lurk noted a post on SOSH which claims to know that the report is being given to the Pats this morning.

It's just as useful as all the other rumors being handed out these days.

Dwight Schrute 05-05-2015 10:01 AM

I could see this.

Gives the team time to read and digest and be a bit more prepared for the media onslaught.

Of course there won't be one if exonerated though.

bishbash 05-05-2015 10:30 AM

I have it from a very well placed source that the Wells Report will be released 3 days after the 2059 NFL Draft, just after Tom Brady's grandson has been chosen 1st by the New England Patriots after they have stockpiled 3 first round draft choices and traded them to the Cleveland Browns to take the pick. Roger Goodell's twin daughters, whom have still not publicly announced their first names and only go by the name of Commissioners Goodell, make the announcement stating that all "i's" have finally been dotted and all "t's" have finally been crossed by Atty Wells' great-grandson Biff Wells.

Joe 05-05-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishbash (Post 2232208)
I have it from a very well placed source that the Wells Report will be released

:yay2::yay2::yay2:popcornpopcornpopcorn

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishbash (Post 2232208)
3 days after the 2059 NFL Draft, just after Tom Brady's grandson has been chosen 1st by the New England Patriots after they have stockpiled 3 first round draft choices and traded them to the Cleveland Browns to take the pick. Roger Goodell's twin daughters, whom have still not publicly announced their first names and only go by the name of Commissioners Goodell, make the announcement stating that all "i's" have finally been dotted and all "t's" have finally been crossed by Atty Wells' great-grandson Biff Wells.

http://i.imgur.com/9nlIKN8.gif

HarpoonIPA 05-05-2015 11:41 AM

Sharks of Vegas ‏@SharksOfVegas 6m6 minutes ago
As #DeflateGate comes to a close, I want your favorite quote convicting the Patriots from a media personality. #LetsEat

O_P_T 05-05-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2232232)
As #DeflateGate comes to a close, I want your favorite quote convicting the Patriots from a media personality. #LetsEat

Not a quote per say.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.OTfa...CDCCQ&pid=15.1

bishbash 05-05-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

“I think people sometimes get a skewed view of Tom Brady,” Sherman said Wednesday at a news conference in Seattle. “That he’s just a clean-cut [guy], does everything right, never says a bad word to anyone and we know him to be otherwise.”
Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks cornerback

"I did not believe what Tom had to say," former Packers, New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars player Brunell said on ESPN. "Those balls were deflated. Somebody had to do it. I don't believe there's an equipment manager in the NFL that would, on his own initiative, deflate a ball without the starting QB's approval ... That football is our livelihood. If you don't feel good about throwing that ball? Your success on the football field can suffer from that."
Mark Brunell, former Green Bay Packers quarterback

"I'm so disappointed because I thought this was a perfect opportunity for Tom Brady to go and say 'You know what? I made a mistake. I blew it. It's on me. I'll take the blame here, and this will go away.' He didn't do that," Bettis, nicknamed "The Bus," told ESPN. "I'm disappointed in you, Tom Brady."
Jerome Bettis, former Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers halfback

"This is unbelievable," Dawkins, nicknamed "Weapon X," said on ESPN. "For you not to know what you touch every play? ... The equipment manager is being thrown under the bus now. Now he's the guy. Now he's the one responsible. He took it upon himself to doctor up the balls when nobody else knew about it? That hard [to believe]."
Brian Dawkins, former Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos safety

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."
John Madden, former Oakland Raiders coach

"It's obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this," Aikman told Dallas sports radio station KTCK-AM on Thursday. "For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that."
Troy Aikman, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback

"It's cheating," Hines Ward said on Wednesday. "Regardless of how you may want to spin it. It helps Tom Brady, provides a better grip on the football, especially in bad weather conditions like rain."
Hines Ward, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver

““I mean, it’s easy to figure out who did it,” Montana said. “Did Tom do it? No, but Tom likes the balls that way, obviously, or you wouldn’t have 11 of them that way without him complaining, because as a quarterback, you know how you like the ball. If it doesn’t feel like that, something is wrong.” I ever want a ball a certain way, I don’t do it myself. So, somebody did it for him,” said Montana. “But I don’t know why everybody is making a big deal out of trying to figure out who did it. It’s pretty simple. If it was done, it was done for a reason. There is only one guy that does it. Nobody else cares what the ball feels like.”
Joe Montana, former San Francisco and Kansas City Quarterback

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told The Jim Rome Show. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge. I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better,”
Jerry Rice, former San Francisco Receiver

HarpoonIPA 05-05-2015 12:04 PM

Someone posted this link to Sharks of Vagas
New England Patriots 2014-2015 Champions [Patriots vs the World]

https://vimeo.com/119361844

benhamean 05-05-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome Bettis' Butt
I am hurt

benhamean 05-05-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Faulk's Vagina
I'm full of sand

Joe 05-05-2015 01:05 PM

will this god damn report just COME OUT ALREADY

Joe 05-05-2015 01:06 PM

Canadian 05-05-2015 01:09 PM

My fav was Ray Lewis going nuts on national tv about the Pats and deflategate... like they were getting away with murder or something :coffee:

PatsFanLisa 05-05-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2232268)

I know, right???
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2232269)

I know, right???

ROFL

deec77 05-05-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2232272)
I know, right???

I know, right???

ROFL

You guys can say that again.

~Dee~

Joe 05-05-2015 01:19 PM

I didn't even hit the submit button twice :coffee:

benhamean 05-05-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Irsay's Tears of Unfathomable Sadness
We're delicious

spacecrime 05-05-2015 02:00 PM

Jerome Bettis is far and away the worst in my mind. he wasonce accused of forcing two women to give him blow jobs. It turned out to be not true, the girls being coached by an uncle for money grab.

For Betts to say he is disappointed in Brady for not admitting guilt based on an accusation if hypocrisy.

After that it is Montana, onlly because Brady looked up to him so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishbash (Post 2232238)
“I think people sometimes get a skewed view of Tom Brady,” Sherman said Wednesday at a news conference in Seattle. “That he’s just a clean-cut [guy], does everything right, never says a bad word to anyone and we know him to be otherwise.”
Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks cornerback

"I did not believe what Tom had to say," former Packers, New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars player Brunell said on ESPN. "Those balls were deflated. Somebody had to do it. I don't believe there's an equipment manager in the NFL that would, on his own initiative, deflate a ball without the starting QB's approval ... That football is our livelihood. If you don't feel good about throwing that ball? Your success on the football field can suffer from that."
Mark Brunell, former Green Bay Packers quarterback

"I'm so disappointed because I thought this was a perfect opportunity for Tom Brady to go and say 'You know what? I made a mistake. I blew it. It's on me. I'll take the blame here, and this will go away.' He didn't do that," Bettis, nicknamed "The Bus," told ESPN. "I'm disappointed in you, Tom Brady."
Jerome Bettis, former Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers halfback

"This is unbelievable," Dawkins, nicknamed "Weapon X," said on ESPN. "For you not to know what you touch every play? ... The equipment manager is being thrown under the bus now. Now he's the guy. Now he's the one responsible. He took it upon himself to doctor up the balls when nobody else knew about it? That hard [to believe]."
Brian Dawkins, former Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos safety

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."
John Madden, former Oakland Raiders coach

"It's obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this," Aikman told Dallas sports radio station KTCK-AM on Thursday. "For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that."
Troy Aikman, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback

"It's cheating," Hines Ward said on Wednesday. "Regardless of how you may want to spin it. It helps Tom Brady, provides a better grip on the football, especially in bad weather conditions like rain."
Hines Ward, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver

““I mean, it’s easy to figure out who did it,” Montana said. “Did Tom do it? No, but Tom likes the balls that way, obviously, or you wouldn’t have 11 of them that way without him complaining, because as a quarterback, you know how you like the ball. If it doesn’t feel like that, something is wrong.” I ever want a ball a certain way, I don’t do it myself. So, somebody did it for him,” said Montana. “But I don’t know why everybody is making a big deal out of trying to figure out who did it. It’s pretty simple. If it was done, it was done for a reason. There is only one guy that does it. Nobody else cares what the ball feels like.”
Joe Montana, former San Francisco and Kansas City Quarterback

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told The Jim Rome Show. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge. I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better,”
Jerry Rice, former San Francisco Receiver

HarpoonIPA 05-05-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecrime (Post 2232284)
Jerome Bettis is far and away the worst in my mind. he wasonce accused of forcing two women to give him blow jobs. It turned out to be not true, the girls being coached by an uncle for money grab.

For Betts to say he is disappointed in Brady for not admitting guilt based on an accusation if hypocrisy.

After that it is Montana, onlly because Brady looked up to him so much.

Does Jerome have 2 dinks or did this happen at separate times?

bishbash 05-05-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2232277)
I didn't even hit the submit button twice :coffee:

It's happening to all of us!

chevss454 05-05-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2232239)
Someone posted this link to Sharks of Vagas
New England Patriots 2014-2015 Champions [Patriots vs the World]

https://vimeo.com/119361844

Epic from the 37:30 minute mark with the score 24-14.

Joe 05-05-2015 04:58 PM

When they said it will be a transparent report, that means we'll get to see every word in the report, right? I don't want to hear a Goodell paraphrased version of it, I want to read every letter of those 100 pages
Posted via Mobile Device

PatsFanLisa 05-05-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2232298)

Those have got to be the two greatest drives I've ever seen, Chevss. I could watch it a thousand times over.

BostonTim 05-05-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2232330)
I could watch it a thousand times over.

I bet I'm pushing 200 already. I keep rewinding to the beginning of Seattle's 3rd down play to catch Ninks sack. Then I watch straight through top the end and beyond. And just before having to look at KW shuffling along with the trophy, I rewind to Nink's sack again and lather rinse repeat.

Cheers :toast:to the greatest 12 minutes in football history.

deec77 05-05-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

The whole thing is epico:-)

~Dee~

Canadian 05-05-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2232328)
When they said it will be a transparent report, that means we'll get to see every word in the report, right? I don't want to hear a Goodell paraphrased version of it, I want to read every letter of those 100 pages
Posted via Mobile Device

Goodell will read it in front of the press then order every copy destroyed.
Posted via Mobile Device

patswin 05-05-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Watched it all end to end, and it reinforces my long held belief that 99% of the media haven't a clue WTF they are talking about, love how the guy wove all their stupid comments into the piece.

Roberto71 05-06-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patswin (Post 2232370)
Watched it all end to end, and it reinforces my long held belief that 99% of the media haven't a clue WTF they are talking about, love how the guy wove all their stupid comments into the piece.

I mean Skip Bayless......what an embarrassment. Do these guys have no professional pride? He should be hanging his head in shame after last season.

thomas144 05-06-2015 06:25 AM

I still have the SB on my VCR. I've been thinking about compiling all the references to Deflategate just in the game commentary. It's really incredible how much airtime is devoted to it. Might as well kept waiting for the Wells report.

patfan64 05-06-2015 06:56 AM

Had a Super Bowl party at my house. Thankfully, I missed most all of the commentary during the game.

That last drive, though, I heard everything. Living room erupted after the Kearse catch (had a lot of haters at my house). Dead silence after Butler waved his magic wand.

Good times.

HomelessJoe 05-06-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patfan64 (Post 2232419)
Had a Super Bowl party at my house. Thankfully, I missed most all of the commentary during the game.

That last drive, though, I heard everything. Living room erupted after the Kearse catch (had a lot of haters at my house). Dead silence after Butler waved his magic wand.

Good times.

You hosted a SB party where the majority of the room was rooting against the Pats?

bishbash 05-06-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2232328)
When they said it will be a transparent report, that means we'll get to see every word in the report, right?

No. That means it will be printed out on window glass panes.

Joe 05-06-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishbash (Post 2232429)
No. That means it will be printed out on window glass panes.

:thwak:

patfan64 05-06-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomelessJoe (Post 2232422)
You hosted a SB party where the majority of the room was rooting against the Pats?

My brothers-in-law are Steeler and Giant fans. Also, various douches showed up that just wanted to stir the pot.

I got the last laugh.

patswin 05-06-2015 09:24 AM

Twitter is pretty hot and a lot of rumor that today is the day.

HarpoonIPA 05-06-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas144 (Post 2232411)
I still have the SB on my VCR. I've been thinking about compiling all the references to Deflategate just in the game commentary. It's really incredible how much airtime is devoted to it. Might as well kept waiting for the Wells report.

Do you also still use an 8 track?

thomas144 05-06-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2232458)
Do you also still use an 8 track?

lol. no, I meant my fluvus (engineering slang for whatcha-ma-callit).

HarpoonIPA 05-06-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas144 (Post 2232461)
lol. no, I meant my fluvus (engineering slang for whatcha-ma-callit).

Phew, I thought we were going to have to hire Wells to find out why you were still stuck in the 70"s :LOL:

PatsFanLisa 05-06-2015 10:29 AM

Thank goodness Wells wasn't on the Warren Commission. It would have taken decades.

bideau 05-06-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2232476)
Thank goodness Wells wasn't on the Warren Commission. It would have taken decades.

Some of us are still waiting for the real story :harumph: :rolleyes:

BostonTim 05-06-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2232477)

More of you than you'd think. Notice the tin-foil Shortage?

Cheers

PatsFanLisa 05-06-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2232477)

Damn straight we are. Not in our lifetime.

Roberto71 05-06-2015 10:52 AM

Mike Reiss today. Good questions.

Quote:

If these questions aren't answered in Wells report, it will have been waste of time

Mike Reiss, ESPN New England Patriots reporter

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- It has been 103 days since the NFL appointed attorney Ted Wells to investigate the New England Patriots' underinflated footballs from the AFC Championship Game, and word is that Wells has reached the red zone.

In an appearance on ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” program from the NFL draft, commissioner Roger Goodell said Wells has concluded the investigation phase and is now writing. The report, similar to the 148-page Wells’ report on the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal from the 2013 season, is expected to be lengthy.

In preparation for its release, these are the areas that should be decisively addressed; otherwise, it will have been a waste of time and resources:

Answering two main questions. At the Super Bowl, Goodell said the investigation would focus on two areas: 1) Why were some footballs used in the AFC Championship Game that were not in compliance with the rules? 2) Was that a result of deliberate action? These two questions should be answered on Page 1 of the Wells report, with the finer-point details to follow.

Specifics on PSI levels. When the story initially broke, it was reported that the NFL found 11 of the Patriots’ 12 game balls were inflated significantly below the NFL’s requirements. What were those exact levels? Along those lines, is it instead true that “just one was two [PSI] under [and] many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum?" This information should be on Page 1 of the Wells report because it hits at the heart of context.

Specifics on how balls were tested before the game. NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino said at the Super Bowl that referee Walt Anderson “gauged” all footballs before the game. Specifics on this process are crucial. Did Anderson use a pump? Was it a hand test? We already know the exact PSI of each football was not documented upon inspection, and without knowing the exact starting point, it makes it difficult to compare Patriots footballs to Colts footballs from that day.

Footballs after pregame check. After Anderson approved the footballs, where did those footballs go? Who was monitoring them? The Foxsports.com report that a game-day employee brought the footballs into the bathroom for about 90 seconds raised suspicions, with the report calling him a "strong person of interest." What happened in those 90 seconds and who is this "strong person of interest?"

Specifics on how balls were tested at halftime and historical context. Patriots footballs were tested at halftime of the AFC Championship Game and that is when the league determined underinflated footballs were used. Who conducted that test and how was it conducted? Is any air pressure released from a football when tested? Has the league ever tested footballs at halftime of a game before? At the Super Bowl, Goodell said he was unaware of whether the league had ever tested air pressure of football at halftime of a game, and any historical context along those lines is notable.

Role of science. In an unforgettable January news conference, Bill Belichick cited science as a reason a properly inflated football could lose air pressure due to variables such as weather and temperature. What do experts tapped by Wells say about that?

More on Mike K€nsil. NFL Vice President of Game Operations Mike K€nsil was at the AFC Championship Game and directly involved with the investigation. K€nsil and members of the Patriots organization have had some testy exchanges behind the scenes over the years, with some around the team previously questioning if K€nsil had an anti-Patriots agenda. With more than 100 days to investigate, any potential bias from K€nsil should be covered by the Wells report.

Role of game-day employee dismissed by NFL. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that a game-day employee hired by the NFL to collect footballs for charity handed an ineligible ball to an official to put into play during the AFC Championship Game. That game-day employee has since been fired. How is this related, if at all, to the issue of underinflated footballs being used in the first half?

Colts’ role. The Washington Post previously detailed how Bob Kravitz, the Indianapolis-based reporter who broke the story, got the initial tip via this text message: “Call me now..Very important!!!!” If it is determined that Kravitz was tipped off by the Colts, which led to a media firestorm that reflected poorly on the league and the Patriots, will there be any NFL discipline as it relates to the league’s integrity of the game policy? Colts general manager Ryan Grigson previously mentioned he had privately expressed concern to the NFL about underinflated footballs before the AFC Championship Game.

NFL’s handling of investigation. Patriots owner Robert Kraft expressed outrage at the Super Bowl because of media leaks he felt came from the NFL office, saying he expected an apology if the league couldn’t “definitively determine that [the Patriots] tampered with the air pressure on the footballs.” At the March owners meetings, Goodell said, “If there was anything that we as a league did incorrectly, we’ll know about it in that report.” We’ll be curious what type of spotlight the Wells report puts on the NFL in this regard.

BostonTim 05-06-2015 10:58 AM

Way to go, Mike.

All of your questions assume nothing and real answers will show exactly what happened.

Cheers, BostonTim

bishbash 05-06-2015 10:59 AM

Florio today:

#DeflateGate investigation still lingers

Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
Wells
Getty Images
The encore for Ted Wells officially has run longer than his debut.

As noted by NFL Media’s Albert Breer, the Wells-led investigation into the #DeflateGate scandal has now consumed more time than the investigation conducted by Wells regarding the Dolphins bullying scandal. In Miami, Wells’ work was done in 100 days; his latest project is at 103 days and counting.

While the two situations have many differences, the Dolphins scandal required interviews of many people and a review of thousands of text messages, followed by an effort to harmonize conflicts in the information provided by witnesses and to explore and explain other incidents that emerged as Wells examined the allegations that resulted in former Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin leaving the team abruptly in late October 2013. The question of whether the Patriots deliberately deflated footballs used during the AFC championship game against the Colts would seem on the surface to entail a far less complex set of facts and a far more narrow universe of potential witnesses and evidence.

In fairness to Wells, the NFL emphasized upon hiring him that there would be no timetable on his work. But did anyone expect that his work would last into May?

Commissioner Roger Goodell has repeatedly said that the report from Wells is coming soon. It’s unclear whether the NFL will release the report publicly before Goodell determines the penalties, if any, that will be imposed as a result of the findings.

Regardless, the ultimate bad-news dump comes in 16 days: The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. The only thing keeping the report from being released then could be the league’s sensitivity to the perception that it tries to bury bad news into the final hours of the work week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...still-lingers/

bishbash 05-06-2015 10:59 AM

Florio today:

#DeflateGate investigation still lingers

Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
Wells
Getty Images
The encore for Ted Wells officially has run longer than his debut.

As noted by NFL Media’s Albert Breer, the Wells-led investigation into the #DeflateGate scandal has now consumed more time than the investigation conducted by Wells regarding the Dolphins bullying scandal. In Miami, Wells’ work was done in 100 days; his latest project is at 103 days and counting.

While the two situations have many differences, the Dolphins scandal required interviews of many people and a review of thousands of text messages, followed by an effort to harmonize conflicts in the information provided by witnesses and to explore and explain other incidents that emerged as Wells examined the allegations that resulted in former Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin leaving the team abruptly in late October 2013. The question of whether the Patriots deliberately deflated footballs used during the AFC championship game against the Colts would seem on the surface to entail a far less complex set of facts and a far more narrow universe of potential witnesses and evidence.

In fairness to Wells, the NFL emphasized upon hiring him that there would be no timetable on his work. But did anyone expect that his work would last into May?

Commissioner Roger Goodell has repeatedly said that the report from Wells is coming soon. It’s unclear whether the NFL will release the report publicly before Goodell determines the penalties, if any, that will be imposed as a result of the findings.

Regardless, the ultimate bad-news dump comes in 16 days: The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. The only thing keeping the report from being released then could be the league’s sensitivity to the perception that it tries to bury bad news into the final hours of the work week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...still-lingers/

Jaric 05-06-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Colts' role. The Washington Post previously detailed how Bob Kravitz, the Indianapolis-based reporter who broke the story, got the initial tip via this text message: “Call me now..Very important!!!!” If it is determined that Kravitz was tipped off by the Colts, which led to a media firestorm that reflected poorly on the league and the Patriots, will there be any NFL discipline as it relates to the league’s integrity of the game policy? Colts general manager Ryan Grigson previously mentioned he had privately expressed concern to the NFL about underinflated footballs before the AFC Championship Game.
I don't understand this.

Even if someone in the Colts did tell Kravitz this, how is telling a reporter factual information reason for discipline? Is Reiss positing that if Kravitz never broke the story the NFL was investigating the Pats that no one would have broken it?

Joe 05-06-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaric (Post 2232506)
I don't understand this.

Even if someone in the Colts did tell Kravitz this, how is telling a reporter factual information reason for discipline? Is Reiss positing that if Kravitz never broke the story the NFL was investigating the Pats that no one would have broken it?

If it's factual information and there's nothing wrong with telling it to a reporter, why keep your name anonymous?

Joe 05-06-2015 11:45 AM

And you must have missed the media shitstorm the Patriots and their fans endured because of that leak. It wasn't a "nothing is for sure yet, but some of the balls may not have been in accordance with NFL standards" type of leak/story. It was a conviction of guilt by everyone, shit stirring from Indiacrapolis, a question of integrity and character, all this while nobody really knew anything that was going on. The "unnamed sources" and their leaks (whether they're true or false) were a huge driving force in the Patriots witchhunt. If the Colts were some of those sources, it should be grounds for discipline.

dchester 05-06-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaric (Post 2232506)
I don't understand this.

Believe it or not, lots of companies have policies about who can communicate what to the media, about things related to the company, (and the policies make no distinction about whether the information you provide is true, or not).

Dwight Schrute 05-06-2015 11:46 AM

Seems a lot of the "facts" are "fictitious".

bideau 05-06-2015 12:07 PM

Report is coming out today according to 98.5

bideau 05-06-2015 12:08 PM

Report has been released, 248 pages.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...championsh.pdf

bideau 05-06-2015 12:12 PM

New thread about the report has been started

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69820