Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

bideau 01-20-2015 07:03 AM

A Yahoo story FROM DECEMBER 1st

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-war...4734--nfl.html

Quote:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The NFL is reminding teams they're not allowed to use artificial means to keep footballs warmer and softer during games.

Fox's broadcast of the Carolina-Minnesota game on Sunday showed a clip of an unidentified sideline attendant holding two balls in front of one of the heaters teams use on cold days. The temperature at kickoff for the game was 12 degrees.

Vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said on NFL Network on Monday that once the league noticed, both the Panthers and Vikings were warned of the rule against using a heater on the football to make it easier to handle during a game. Blandino also said the league will remind all teams that the practice is not allowed.
Where was the outrage?? Oh, that's right, Carolina and Minnesota suck so no one cares.

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200579)
A Yahoo story FROM DECEMBER 1st

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-war...4734--nfl.html

Where was the outrage?? Oh, that's right, Carolina and Minnesota suck so no one cares.

How DARE you try to derail a good witch hunt!?!

...I say good day to you sir...

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 07:25 AM

EMBRACE THE HATE
I do.

bideau 01-20-2015 08:26 AM

I'm posting a link to this SI article only to provide others with a good laugh.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/new...hick-tom-brady

It is complete tin foil material that borders on journalistic libel. The comments (nearly 400) are almost universal in condemning the "author". This is the most priceless section:

Quote:

On one end of Gillette Stadium is a lighthouse, the stadium’s signature architectural feature. But if you sit behind the opposite end zone and look at the lighthouse, you will notice something else: An enormous television beyond the lighthouse, in the parking lot.

Officially, this allows people in the parking lot to watch TV. Is it a coincidence that you can see that TV from the Patriots’ sideline, but not from the opposing sideline, making it easier for the Patriots to watch replays and decide whether to throw the challenge flag?

Undertaker #59* 01-20-2015 08:33 AM

Someone may have already mentioned this, I didn't read the whole thread...

But someone should ask Felger if he thinks it's possible to have a deflated football and then have it re-inflate?

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200611)

It is complete tin foil material that borders on journalistic libel. The comments (nearly 400) are almost universal in condemning the "author". This is the most priceless section:

Yeah. The Pats sideline also has a hidden real-life pause button, to make up for that 7 second delay while they watch TV hundreds of yards away.

Mass sterilization should START with that asshat.

patfan64 01-20-2015 09:28 AM

I tell my youngest to ignore people that try and bring him down or demean him in any way.

I'm going to do the same with this situation. People have nothing better to do than accuse the Pats of this?

:shrug_n:

PatrietteAz 01-20-2015 09:29 AM

My response from now on will be "Embrace the Stupid" and nothing more. It's getting hilarious.

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 09:38 AM

The NFL has released AFCCG tape of the Patriots' ball boys:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i41mQr2IJ_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dchester 01-20-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

http://cdn.chud.com/4/42/4297e8a7_4d...039c4583f.jpeg

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200611)

This idiot was just on WEEI and Minehan called him a liar who is using fake sources to make up these rumors and these comments were most likely tongue in cheek comments that he ran with.

Also not one rumor has a quotation around it saying League source, this is a total hack job and he was made to look completely foolish. If you can get the audio it is worth the listen.

bideau 01-20-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200656)
This idiot was just on WEEI and Minehan called him a liar who is using fake sources to make up these rumors and these comments were most likely tongue in cheek comments that he ran with.

Also not one rumor has a quotation around it saying League source, this is a total hack job and he was made to look completely foolish. If you can get the audio it is worth the listen.

Here's a great article refuting each lie/innuendo, one at a time.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/2...absurd-levels/

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 09:53 AM

secret video of Bill Nantucket <strike> Lab</strike> Home

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FMhhd-IOPTw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 09:57 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EznFAKzuvCI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 09:58 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/patrio...232600450.html

<header class="header"> Patriots win hurts Super Bowl ticket prices

</header>

<figure class=" cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox " data-id="20f17b59-f619-3cf0-b0d9-cf982c253154"> http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/T4h...7067001c9e.jpg
. View photo

</figure> New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, right, holds the championship trophy while being interviewed by Jim Nance after the NFL football AFC Championship game Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015, in Foxborough, Mass. The Patriots defeated the Colts 45-7 to advance to the Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

Super Bowl tickets are cheaper than they were last year. You can thank the Patriots for that.
<section class="yom-mod " id="mediacontentrelatedstory" data-ylk="mid:mediacontentrelatedstory;mpos:1;elm:hdln;elmt:ct;cat:Related Stories;rspns:nav;t1:a3;t2:lst-ct;itc:0;sec:lst-ct;">

</section>

On average, tickets were selling for $2,879 on Monday, according to SeatGeek, a search engine that tracks online sales.

That's down 20% compared to the same day last year. And it's actually 18% cheaper than what Super Bowl tickets were selling for on Saturday, before Sunday's games decided the match-up: New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks.
The price drop is mostly due to "Patriots Super Bowl Fatigue," said Connor Gregoire at SeatGeek.

The team has reached the Super Bowl six times in the last 14 years. Some New England fans may have gotten used to watching their team play from their living rooms. Others might not want to shell out the big bucks to go in person, again, especially when this year's game is being played across the country in Arizona.

"As the Patriots started to pull away during the game on Sunday, that's when the price drop started to accelerate," Gregoire said.
The cheapest ticket sold on Sunday cost about $1,600.

Patriots fans deflate SB prices :devil:

PatrietteAz 01-20-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200662)
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/patrio...232600450.html

<header class="header"> Patriots win hurts Super Bowl ticket prices

</header>

<figure class=" cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox " data-id="20f17b59-f619-3cf0-b0d9-cf982c253154"> http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/T4h...7067001c9e.jpg
. View photo

</figure> New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, right, holds the championship trophy while being interviewed by Jim Nance after the NFL football AFC Championship game Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015, in Foxborough, Mass. The Patriots defeated the Colts 45-7 to advance to the Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

Super Bowl tickets are cheaper than they were last year. You can thank the Patriots for that.
<section class="yom-mod " id="mediacontentrelatedstory" data-ylk="mid:mediacontentrelatedstory;mpos:1;elm:hdln;elmt:ct;cat:Related Stories;rspns:nav;t1:a3;t2:lst-ct;itc:0;sec:lst-ct;">

</section>

On average, tickets were selling for $2,879 on Monday, according to SeatGeek, a search engine that tracks online sales.

That's down 20% compared to the same day last year. And it's actually 18% cheaper than what Super Bowl tickets were selling for on Saturday, before Sunday's games decided the match-up: New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks.
The price drop is mostly due to "Patriots Super Bowl Fatigue," said Connor Gregoire at SeatGeek.

The team has reached the Super Bowl six times in the last 14 years. Some New England fans may have gotten used to watching their team play from their living rooms. Others might not want to shell out the big bucks to go in person, again, especially when this year's game is being played across the country in Arizona.

"As the Patriots started to pull away during the game on Sunday, that's when the price drop started to accelerate," Gregoire said.
The cheapest ticket sold on Sunday cost about $1,600.

Patriots fans deflate SB prices :devil:

LOL YAY..this is good for me. THe prices will come down as we approach game time too.:) Too funny..

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 10:04 AM

"Patriots Super Bowl Fatigue,"

let's hope this just causes complete and total exhaustion for all the haters out there.

Marginmn 01-20-2015 10:15 AM

SPORTS More: NFL New England Patriots Indianapolis Colts NFL playoffs
The Colts Told The NFL That A Ball Felt Suspiciously Light After An Interception During AFC Title Game

TONY MANFRED

Jim Rogash/Getty Images
See Also

The NFL's investigation into whether the New England Patriots were using improperly inflated balls during the AFC Championship game started after an interception in the second quarter, Bob Glauber of Newsday reports.

NFL teams use their own balls on offense. With 9:21 left in the second quarter, Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson got his hands on one of the balls the Pats were using when he picked off Tom Brady.

According to Glauber, Jackson gave the ball to an equipment manager on the sideline. The equipment manager thought the ball was suspiciously light, and he sent his suspicions up the chain of command. He told coach Chuck Pagano about the ball. Pagano told general manager Ryan Grigson. And Grigson told NFL director of football operations Mike Kensil, who told the referees at halftime.

On the first play of the second half, there was a delay when a ball that the Patriots were using was taken out of play.

Here's the official switching out the balls:

referee ball patriots
CBS

By rule, balls must be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Teams provide and use their own balls, but they are inspected by the referee two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. In theory, deflating a ball makes it softer and easier to catch and throw, especially in the rain.

While the Patriots were using different balls from the Colts on offense, it's not like no one else could feel how heavy they were. The official who spots the ball had his hands on New England's footballs before every play. According to ProFootballTalk, several "abnormal" balls were removed from play during the game.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/patri...#ixzz3PNIGtMaA

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 10:21 AM

As a self-appointed music guru, I'm surprised Irsay missed the nefarious new tunes played by NE during games.

How could such a cool guy not be hip to the obvious coded messages blaring blatantly from Gillette's loudspeakers?

Your Love

Josie's on a vacation far away
Come around and talk it over
So many things that I'd like to say
You know I like my girls a little bit older
I just wanna use your love tonight
I don't wanna lose your love tonight

I ain't got many friends left to talk to
No-one's around when I'm in trouble
You know I'd do anything for you
Stay the night - we'll keep it under cover

Try to stop my hands from shakin'
Somethin' in my mind's not makin' sense
It's been awhile since we've been all alone
I can't hide the way I'm feelin'

As you leave me please would you close the door
And forget what I told you

Just 'cause you're right - that don't mean I'm wrong
Another shoulder to cry upon

Have You Ever Seen the Rain

Someone told me long ago there's a calm before the storm
I know, it's been comin' for some time
When it's over, so they say, it'll rain a sunny day
I know, shinin' down like water

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain
Comin' down on a sunny day?

Yesterday and days before, sun is cold and rain is hard
I know, been that way for all my time
'Til forever, on it goes through the circle, fast and slow
I know, it can't stop, I wonder

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

Yeah, I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/creedence-...D1UM6hTIorz.99

king of kings 01-20-2015 10:33 AM

According to that video rob Johnson , Rodgers & Brad Johnson cheated there entire Nfl career.

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200669)
SPORTS More: NFL New England Patriots Indianapolis Colts NFL playoffs
The Colts Told The NFL That A Ball Felt Suspiciously Light After An Interception During AFC Title Game

TONY MANFRED

Jim Rogash/Getty Images
See Also

The NFL's investigation into whether the New England Patriots were using improperly inflated balls during the AFC Championship game started after an interception in the second quarter, Bob Glauber of Newsday reports.

NFL teams use their own balls on offense. With 9:21 left in the second quarter, Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson got his hands on one of the balls the Pats were using when he picked off Tom Brady.

According to Glauber, Jackson gave the ball to an equipment manager on the sideline. The equipment manager thought the ball was suspiciously light, and he sent his suspicions up the chain of command. He told coach Chuck Pagano about the ball. Pagano told general manager Ryan Grigson. And Grigson told NFL director of football operations Mike Kensil, who told the referees at halftime.

On the first play of the second half, there was a delay when a ball that the Patriots were using was taken out of play.

Here's the official switching out the balls:

referee ball patriots
CBS

By rule, balls must be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Teams provide and use their own balls, but they are inspected by the referee two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. In theory, deflating a ball makes it softer and easier to catch and throw, especially in the rain.

While the Patriots were using different balls from the Colts on offense, it's not like no one else could feel how heavy they were. The official who spots the ball had his hands on New England's footballs before every play. According to ProFootballTalk, several "abnormal" balls were removed from play during the game.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/patri...#ixzz3PNIGtMaA

Reporter without the basic grasp of units of measure.

Psi doesn't equal weight, lighter or heavier football.

Here's a hint: it was probably a recently subbed in DRY football, seeing how much of the game was being played in a deluge.

Water does add weight. Air? Not so much.

Peachhead 01-20-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

NEW YORK —Sources tell SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch that D'Qwell Jackson, of the Indianapolis Colts, intercepted a pass before the end of the first half of the AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots Sunday night and told his equipment manager that the ball felt under-inflated, leading to the so-called 'deflategate' controversy.

According to sources, the equipment manager then informed the Colts' head coach, Chuck Pagano, who then informed the team's general manager, Ryan Grigson.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200567)

If Jackson honestly suspected something was wrong with the ball he intercepted why didn't he bring it straight to the officials? Why did he bring to his own team's equipment manager instead?

It sounds more like when he brought it to his own equipment manager and said "This ball feels deflated" it was with a *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*.

Alk 01-20-2015 10:46 AM

So will anyone be surprised at all if Goodell lets this carry on into next week? There is really no reason why it shouldn't be handled already but he's just going to let it drag on.

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 10:49 AM

Here's what gets me, the Colts throwing games to get the #1 pick in the Draft in QB Luck. The league knowing it's happening and and NFL executives putting money down on games they know are being thrown filling there greedy pockets with cash. The league is out of control and many illegal activities are being over looked. If I were the Patriots organization at this point I would tell my players to no show media day for the Super Bowl until the NFL stops these accusations against the team and comes out with it's findings. The NFL needs to come to a conclusion ASAP onBallgate, big screen gate, lockgate, weathergate, and what ever gate starts today or tomorrow

This is a corrupt league and it starts with all owners and executives in the league
It's time to protect the Shield, and stop the corruption

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2200673)

Here's a hint: it was probably a recently subbed in DRY football, seeing how much of the game was being played in a deluge.

psssttt.... it was Helium in the balls so they would be lighter for Tommy....

don't tell anyone

(P - shoulder) 01-20-2015 11:52 AM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl...ame-wit,37805/

NFL Investigating Whether Patriots Played Game With Properly Inflated Vince Wilfork

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/28/2...l/700.jpg?8174

Marginmn 01-20-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2200673)

Pats fans need to take off the Homer glasses and keep it real.

There are numerous Pitchers in the MLB Hall of Fame who illegally scuffed countless baseballs who did it on purpose to gain an edge. Ultra-competitive people will bend the rules (ok, outright break them) in order to gain an edge. This is human nature. Other NFL teams have done this - the Pats just happened to get caught - and it's another black eye for them :celebrate:

A Colts player intercepted a pass from Tom Brady. The Colts equipment manager (who knows how inflated the ball should feel per NFL rules) notices that the intercepted ball isn't inflated to NFL specs. Colts inform the refs at halftime. Per the story the Refs find several more Pat Balls that were not inflated to specs and take those balls out of play.

This wasn't a kindergarten sandlot pick-up game here. The equipment manager for the New England Patriots KNOWS how much air those balls are suppose to have per NFL specifications. If the balls were under-inflated per NFL specs it was because someone on the Pats sidelines desired them to be under-inflated. Post pre-game inspection by the NFL it would take about 10 seconds to stick a fill-needle in a football and let some air out of it.

Did the under-inflated ball determine the outcome of that ass-whipping? No

Were at least three of the Pats Balls under-inflated per NFL rules? Apparently since the Colts found one when they intercepted Tom Brady's pass, then the refs noticed and inspected and took two more Pat balls out of play during the second half.

If an equipment manager on the Indianapolis Colts making $50k a year noticed that the balls were not inflated to NFL specs then do you think that Future Hall-of-Fame and 3-Time Super Bowl Champion QB Tom Brady (making $11,000,000 a year) noticed that the balls he was throwing/handling were under-inflated per NFL specs? DUH!

Did the refs find any of the Colts balls under-inflated and take them out of play? No, Apparently the Colts equipment manager can read a pressure gauge.

Does the fact that at least 3 of the Pats balls were under-inflated on a cold rainy playoff night suggest that it was done intentionally by someone on the Pats? Duh!

Is this a travesty of sport? No. Just your typical do anything - including breaking the rules a bit- to gain an edge that we have seen in MLB for over a century.

It is what it is - but it isn't that big of a deal. The Pats have one hell of an organization with an ultra-competitive steak that runs through the organization top to bottom. The Pats are not great because they cheat, but they sometimes break the rules a little because they are so competitive. They just happen to be unlucky in getting caught.

To me it is little different than a baseball pitcher getting caught scuffing a baseball to make it break a little more. Play Ball!

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

bideau 01-20-2015 12:06 PM

When will the NFL investigate Aaron Rodgers and the Packers?

http://vid809.photobucket.com/albums...Project295.mp4

Patriots4ever 01-20-2015 12:10 PM

Pete Carroll has a checkered past too, and last time I checked, they're the defending champions

deec77 01-20-2015 12:14 PM

So you're saying that the Colts equipment manager notice but the refs handling the balls on the field didn't? Supposedly it was the player who told the equipment manager who then told Pagano who then told the GM who contacted the NFL who contacted the refs during half time. There were 9 minutes left in the first half after that interception. Are you telling me the Colts bench remained quiet about it for another whole NE scoring drive? Why not go to the refs immediately? Balls get changed out throughout games all the time. Perhaps you should look closer at your organization practices. Good luck next year.

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

Peachhead 01-20-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200717)

Does the fact that at least 3 of the Pats balls were under-inflated on a cold rainy playoff night suggest that it was done intentionally by someone on the Pats? Duh!

So now it's 3, eh? The early morning after the game, the Indy reporter said it was one. Yesterday some troll said it was two. Now you are saying it was "at least three".

I suppose by the time Superbowl rolls around trolls will be saying it was every football in the state of Massachusetts. :facepalm:

Claremonster 01-20-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

There are numerous Pitchers in the MLB Hall of Fame who illegally scuffed countless baseballs who did it on purpose to gain an edge. Ultra-competitive people will bend the rules (ok, outright break them) in order to gain an edge. This is human nature. Other NFL teams have done this - the Pats just happened to get caught - and it's another black eye for them :celebrate:

A Colts player intercepted a pass from Tom Brady. The Colts equipment manager (who knows how inflated the ball should feel per NFL rules) notices that the intercepted ball isn't inflated to NFL specs. Colts inform the refs at halftime. Per the story the Refs find several more Pat Balls that were not inflated to specs and take those balls out of play.

This wasn't a kindergarten sandlot pick-up game here. The equipment manager for the New England Patriots KNOWS how much air those balls are suppose to have per NFL specifications. If the balls were under-inflated per NFL specs it was because someone on the Pats sidelines desired them to be under-inflated. Post pre-game inspection by the NFL it would take about 10 seconds to stick a fill-needle in a football and let some air out of it.

Were at least three of the Pats Balls under-inflated per NFL rules? Apparently since the Colts found one when they intercepted Tom Brady's pass, then the refs noticed and inspected and took two more Pat balls out of play during the second half.

If an equipment manager on the Indianapolis Colts making $50k a year noticed that the balls were not inflated to NFL specs then do you think that Future Hall-of-Fame and 3-Time Super Bowl Champion QB Tom Brady (making $11,000,000 a year) noticed that the balls he was throwing/handling were under-inflated per NFL specs? DUH!

Did the refs find any of the Colts balls under-inflated and take them out of play? No, Apparently the Colts equipment manager can read a pressure gauge.

Is this a travesty of sport? No. Just your typical do anything - including breaking the rules a bit- to gain an edge that we have seen in MLB for over a century.

It is what it is - but it isn't that big of a deal. The Pats have one hell of an organization with an ultra-competitive steak that runs through the organization top to bottom. The Pats are not great because they cheat, but they sometimes break the rules a little because they are so competitive. They just happen to be unlucky in getting caught.

To me it is little different than a baseball pitcher getting caught scuffing a baseball to make it break a little more. Play Ball!

Gfy

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200723)

Why would they, this is the NFL where talking about

HarpoonIPA 01-20-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachhead (Post 2200726)
So now it's 3, eh? The early morning after the game, the Indy reporter said it was one. Yesterday some troll said it was two. Now you are saying it was "at least three".

I suppose by the time Superbowl rolls around trolls will be saying it was every football in the state of Massachusetts. :facepalm:

I heard it was 7 balls and that was yesterday

Marginmn 01-20-2015 12:20 PM

As I said, to me it is on par with scuffing a baseball. No more, no less. You can't blame a coach for pointing out that the baseball in play is scuffed or the Colts for pointing it out. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't. Non-football peeps will make a big deal of this while those in the know will chuckle and grin that the Pats got caught.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

33 freaking footballs including the ones they searched in the hell of fame next door

Marginmn 01-20-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Do you homers have a hard time comprehending simple information.

The Colts found one on the INT and pointed it out to the refs. The refs then took two out of the game. 1 + 2 = 3.

The Pats got caught playing with under-inflated balls on a cold and rainy night playoff game. Deal with it. This isn't a conspiracy against your organization. No one, not even the Colts or their fans are saying this is why the Colts got their butts kicked.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200733)

The Colts found one on the INT and pointed it out to the refs. The refs then took two out of the game. 1 + 2 = 3.

The Pats got caught playing with under-inflated balls on a cold and rainy night playoff game. Deal with it. This isn't a conspiracy against your organization. No one, not even the Colts or their fans are saying this is why the Colts got their butts kicked.

Homers? come on you are here to troll and are trying to play Mr. Smarty-pants.

A ball inflated and checked to be 12.5 PSI (a legal number) at a temp of 75 degrees controlled environment will lose psi once introduced to the weather New England played in on Sunday night.

Could it be that simple?

Have you ever played basketball in the cold?

Are you trolling GB boards complaining about Rogers admitting to pushing the limits and over inflating balls? I doubt it because you are a hater and jealous of the success of the franchise

patriots pam 01-20-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200723)

Thank you for finding this. :) It confirms what I heard AR himself say in a National TV interview last week. I posted earlier in this thread that I saw a pre-taped sit down interview with AR on the day of their Divisional Game with the Cowboys, where he said this same thing to the interviewer, and they both had a little chuckle over it. I tried to find a vid of that interview, but couldn't. :shrug: Anyway,I immediately thought back to that interview when this deflate bullshit came up. At the time, I just had the TV running in the background and was not really paying attention during most of the interview. But the part with AR saying they over inflate the balls and basically hope the officials will leave the air in them caught my attention at the time - only because I was thinking, "can you imagine the uproar if TB said something like that on National TV?" And now here we have this ridiculous deflate shit this week. :shake:

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 12:38 PM

Does the fact that at least 3 of the Pats balls were under-inflated on a cold rainy playoff night suggest that it was done intentionally by someone on the Pats?

You're lucky it wasn't snowing, NE would have snow-plowed the Colts.

HSanders 01-20-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200730)
As I said, to me it is on par with scuffing a baseball. No more, no less. You can't blame a coach for pointing out that the baseball in play is scuffed or the Colts for pointing it out. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't. Non-football peeps will make a big deal of this while those in the know will chuckle and grin that the Pats got caught.

What have they gotten caught doing, precisely?
Oh yeah, nothing at this point.

deec77 01-20-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

That's weird your coach claims he noticed nothing about defated balls during the game. So is he a lier or did some else in the organization take it upon themselves to talk to the NFL cause he claims he knew nothing about it during the game.
~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 12:44 PM

an exchange on the CBS broadcast of the New England Patriots’ road game against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 30 seems timely to pass along.

Early in the third quarter, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had the following discussion on the broadcast:

Rodgers
Nantz: We talked to [Aaron] Rodgers about ‘How do you like your footballs?’ Because, you know, you can rub them up before the game. [Phil], you really kind of created that for everybody else in the league.

Simms: I don’t know if I did, because the quarterbacks got tired of them complaining. But he said something [that] was unique: ‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.’ Because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes them tight. Of course, he’s got very big hands and you can tell that by watching him play.

Nantz: You’ve never heard of a guy really desiring a football to be fat and overinflated before, have you?

Simms: Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into. He’s such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.

Nantz: He said, ‘God gave me big hands and a strong grip.’

Simms: You know, the officials do check those footballs and sometimes maybe even get lucky and put an extra half pound of air in there to help Aaron Rodgers out
Posted via Mobile Device

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 12:45 PM

Just got into it with one of the guys here at work (ravens fan, go figure)

Typical of most fans outside of New England, Patriots are guilty of cheating...period. Insists that the ball was deflated, won't even accept an alternative view based in any type of logic, says he doesn't even want to discuss it after spewing his viewpoint...

...also tried to insist that Spygate was about filming walk throughs at the Super Bowl. Didn't even KNOW that it was a result of the first Jets game in '07. No response for why the Patriots have the best winning percentage in the league. I did trip him up on something though, I asked if recording signals was illegal (it wasn't), and why. Was told that it gives you a competitive advantage, and therefore against the rules. I asked if holding was against the rules, I was told yes. Asked why...was told "because it is"...my response, because it gives you a competitive advantage. Here's the scenario I drew out-

3rd and long, Ravens are behind and driving for a score that will either tie the game or put them ahead. Flacco drops back and is about to be crushed, but Yanda tackles the pass rusher and is flagged for holding. A sack is going to force the Ravens to punt and ultimately lose because they're out of gimeouts and three's only about a minute left. Does that penalty not (and yeah, I know it can be declined) IN THEORY give them a competitive advantage?

...after a few stammering seconds, I was told that he didn't even want to talk about it. So there, in a nutshell, you have a PRIME example of what we face as Patriots fans.

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 12:45 PM

Having to root for Manning and now Luck has turned Colt fans' brains to corn mash.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Don't you have a sheep out in your flock to molest?
Posted via Mobile Device

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Oh, so you have proof?

GFY

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200749)
Having to root for Manning and now Luck has turned Colt fans' brains to corn mash.

The guy must have lost all of his shine operation money on that last bad gamble of his.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Also, interestingly enough, YOUR player (former Mangini player) is the one who passed the ball along to his team's handler. No chance of him saying, "Hey, dude, does this ball feel soft *wink wink*. KnowWhatI'mSaying??? Now go take care of it."

Or does your corn-fed ass not understand that YOUR team cheats? PIPED-IN CROWD NOISE.

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 12:51 PM

Jim Irsay has a baggie which he claims holds the air NE released from the footballs in question. He asked the NFL to disregard the crack cocaine residue on the baggie's bottom edge.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200755)
Jim Irsay has a baggie which he claims holds the air NE released from the footballs in question. He asked the NFL to disregard the crack cocaine residue on the baggie's bottom edge.

he was huffing

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp.../jim-irsay.jpg

dchester 01-20-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

According to the NFL, it was one ball, but the trolls won't let facts get in the way of their drool.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...ated-footballs

In any case, the bottom line is that the Patriots are going to the superbowl for the 8th time, so the trolls can whine and cry about that!!!

:dance: :dbanana: woohoo :dbanana: :dance:

popcorn

Roberto71 01-20-2015 01:09 PM

Did anyone actually read Michael Rosenberg's article in SI? It's a disgrace IMHO. The Patriots are guilty of everything apparantley. Towel boys stealing play sheets, the stadium was constructed so only the Pats sideline can see the screen. You name it.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200730)

As I said, gfy.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200770)
Did anyone actually read Michael Rosenberg's article in SI? It's a disgrace IMHO. The Patriots are guilty of everything apparantley. Towel boys stealing play sheets, the stadium was constructed so only the Pats sideline can see the screen. You name it.

You read SI????
Posted via Mobile Device

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 01:10 PM

The Pats deflated the Colts.

Patriots4ever 01-20-2015 01:10 PM

Michael Rosenberg is a well-documented Patriots hater. I will never read anything he writes

Claremonster 01-20-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Again, gfy

bmooney54 01-20-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Butt-hurt troll is butt-hurt.

:4321:

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmooney54 (Post 2200776)
Butt-hurt troll is butt-hurt.

:4321:

He is deflated
Posted via Mobile Device

deec77 01-20-2015 01:22 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

BB note to self:

Review and refine all ball inflation procedures.

Sadly this will have to be put on hold until Feb. 2 due to previous engagements.

Eat a dick.

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 01:40 PM

Mike Hurley of CBS Boston Sports wrote a GREAT article in response to the disreputable piece of trash that Rosenberg wrote and SI egregiously published. This is worth the read.

NSPatsFan 01-20-2015 01:45 PM

McNasty as the voice of reason.

"Everybody just needs to relax"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=841005695937572

Marginmn 01-20-2015 01:48 PM

Some Pats panties are all in a wad and it totally cracks me up. I didn't try to hit a nerve but apparently I did.

The word Fan was derived from Fanatic for a reason. It is being proven here in spades.

Annihilus 01-20-2015 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200797)
Some Pats panties are all in a wad and it totally cracks me up. I didn't try to hit a nerve but apparently I did.

The word Fan was derived from Fanatic for a reason. It is being proven here in spades.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

*click*

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

the 1st thing that gives a troll away is the "I didn't mean to but I guess I did..." line.

time to fess up and admit the only reason you are here so far is to troll and then we all move on and you can try to start up conversations on football.

like this isn't meant to hit a nerve either....

http://www.awesometees.fr/11-53-larg...ick-dexter.jpg

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marginmn (Post 2200797)
some pats panties are all in a wad and it totally cracks me up.

.Attachment 94875

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

All NE fans go commando. And we don't have nerves, we have quartz receptors.

Return to your subterranean domicile, Human.

Marginmn 01-20-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200801)
the 1st thing that gives a troll away is the "I didn't mean to but I guess I did..." line.

time to fess up and admit the only reason you are here so far is to troll and then we all move on and you can try to start up conversations on football.

Look at what you are saying. It was a 20+ page thread on the NFL investigating the Pats for deflating footballs before I even made a comment, and my comment was that it didn't cost the Colts the game and that IMO it is no worse than a major league pitcher scuffing a baseball in order to gain an edge. I suppose in your eyes no Sox pitcher ever scuffed a baseball either.

Humans are human and in many sports the competitive juices get flowing and the most competitive look for anything that could give them an edge. When a football is so under-inflated that that it is noticeable to an equipment manager, and when pointed out to refs that they look for other balls and delay a game when they find one, well people are going to draw conclusions when the only under-inflated ball comes from the team that was fined for cheating in the past.

Your coach got caught illegally filming the walk-thru's of his opponents. When chit like this happens people are not going to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. If the Pats win the Super Bowl in time it will all be forgotten, just like all of the scuffed balls in MLB.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200811)
Look at what you are saying. It was a 20+ page thread on the NFL investigating the Pats for deflating footballs before I even made a comment, and my comment was that it didn't cost the Colts the game and that IMO it is no worse than a major league pitcher scuffing a baseball in order to gain an edge. I suppose in your eyes no Sox pitcher ever scuffed a baseball either.

Humans are human and in many sports the competitive juices get flowing and the most competitive look for anything that could give them an edge. When a football is so under-inflated that that it is noticeable to an equipment manager, and when pointed out to refs that they look for other balls and delay a game when they find one, well people are going to draw conclusions when the only under-inflated ball comes from the team that was fined for cheating in the past.

Your coach got caught illegally filming the walk-thru's of his opponents. When chit like this happens people are not going to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. If the Pats win the Super Bowl in time it will all be forgotten, just like all of the scuffed balls in MLB.

See that bold part there? That's 100% Pure USDA Grade A Bullshit, and shows that you're either stupid, a liar, or both.

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

You quote Bill NaPolian in your sig, forfeiting any chance at credibility.

bideau 01-20-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

No he didn't. That was a claim made by a Boston Herald writer on the eve of SB 42 and was later retracted since he had no factual data to back it up, just an unnamed source.

PatsFan09 01-20-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Some Pats panties are all in a wad and it totally cracks me up. I didn't try to hit a nerve but apparently I did. The word Fan was derived from Fanatic for a reason. It is being proven here in spades.

Hope that you're enjoying the offseason, fukwad.

Glad to see that the Colts have a QB that can't break 40% in a playoff game.

PatsFan09 01-20-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Look at what you are saying. It was a 20+ page thread on the NFL investigating the Pats for deflating footballs before I even made a comment, and my comment was that it didn't cost the Colts the game and that IMO it is no worse than a major league pitcher scuffing a baseball in order to gain an edge. I suppose in your eyes no Sox pitcher ever scuffed a baseball either. Humans are human and in many sports the competitive juices get flowing and the most competitive look for anything that could give them an edge. When a football is so under-inflated that that it is noticeable to an equipment manager, and when pointed out to refs that they look for other balls and delay a game when they find one, well people are going to draw conclusions when the only under-inflated ball comes from the team that was fined for cheating in the past. Your coach got caught illegally filming the walk-thru's of his opponents. When chit like this happens people are not going to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. If the Pats win the Super Bowl in time it will all be forgotten, just like all of the scuffed balls in MLB.

Wow.

You're a ****ing trolling moron.

You don't even know what you're talking about, especially everything. Yes, everything.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

proof you are only a troll, that once again you talk out your ass. You have no freaking clue of what you attempt to talk about yet here you are doing it... and the giggles you must be getting on coltsrdouchebags.com with all your little troll friends is awesome... enjoy

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:25 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images..._t_normal.jpeg Jim Irsay @JimIrsay · Jan 20

Colts Inactives:
Everybody. Guess I'll adopt and house another junkie.

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:32 PM

http://fansided.com/2015/01/20/andre...-elite-status/

The Indianapolis Colts saw quarterback Andrew Luck lose his “elite” status against the New England Patriots.

Andrew Luck took major steps forward during the 2014 regular season and into the playoffs, but against the New England Patriots he looked like he was a rookie again. He ended up throwing for just 126 yards, no touchdowns, and two interceptions. Luck also completed just 12 of his 33 passing attempts.

It was an embarrassing game to say the very least, and it cost him the “elite” title that many were beginning to give him up until that point.
Throughout the regular season, Luck led the Colts to being the number one passing offense in the NFL. He threw for 4,761 yards, 40 touchdowns, and 16 interceptions. Those numbers were good enough for many to call him the next “elite” quarterback in the NFL, but after his embarrassment against the Patriots that title has been lost and thrown out the window.
Stay connected with FanSided

What made his 2014 campaign good enough to give him the elite status that many were beginning to give him?
Quite simply, his poise and decision-making were the biggest reasons. He still ended up throwing 16 interceptions, but that is a side-effect of the offense that Pep Hamilton runs in Indianapolis. Luck made better decisions with the football, and he didn’t seem to force the football into the defense as much.

Obviously the turnovers are still an issue, and that was seen in full effect against the Patriots. Luck’s decision-making reverted right back to where it was the past two seasons, and he had no poise at all. He will need to figure out how to play consistent football at a high level before he works his way back into the elite group of quarterbacks.
Ian Wharton made an interesting comment on Twitter as well, about Luck playing in the AFC South being a major advantage for him over other young quarterbacks.

Playing in the AFC South is an easy task, as Luck has faced the Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, and Tennessee Titans twice per season. All three of those teams are poor teams outside of the Texans this season to a point, but it has helped him have the success that he has had.
There is absolutely no question that Luck possesses the talent to be in the top category of NFL quarterbacks. He has the arm and athleticism, and has won some big games throughout his career. Indianapolis has taken a step forward in each of his three NFL seasons, and he is just starting to break into his potential.

If he truly does want to become an “elite” quarterback, he has to figure out how to knock off the best teams in the NFL. Defeating the Denver Broncos was his biggest win to this point in his career, but he can’t back that type of performance up with a dud against another top team.
Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are currently the four elite quarterbacks in the NFL, although Brees nearly played himself out of that spot this season.

Luck is nowhere near those four quarterbacks, but will get there in the future if he continues to work hard on his game. He needs to be more careful with the football, and part of that is dependent on whether or not the Colts decide to build a running game around him. If not, then Hamilton will continue putting the football in Luck’s hands more than any quarterback should have to throw the football.

Indianapolis had an impressive season with Luck leading the way, but they need to see more improvement from him in order to make the leap into the Super Bowl. They are going to be playoff contenders nearly every season with Luck under center, but they aren’t going to win a Super Bowl with him unless he makes the improvements to his game.

That being said, Luck does have a work ethic that not many football players can rival. He is going to do everything in his power to become the superstar elite quarterback that his team needs him to be. At this point in time, however, that title has been taken away from him and he will have to work hard to regain it next year.

It's like Peyton never left, isn't it? ROFL woohoo

Marginmn 01-20-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2200818)
No he didn't. That was a claim made by a Boston Herald writer on the eve of SB 42 and was later retracted since he had no factual data to back it up, just an unnamed source.

Sorry, I stand corrected. It was for this.

NEW YORK -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up its first-round draft choice next year if it reaches the playoffs this season, or its second- and third-round picks if it misses the postseason.
"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.
The videotaping came to light after a camera was confiscated from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella while he was on the New York Jets' sideline during New England's 38-14 win last Sunday at Giants Stadium. Goodell will not change the outcome of the game.

But seriously, I did not come here to troll the Pats. I was reading Businessinsider.com and stumbled on an article that corrected some of the myths I read on this forum that have a Colts beat writer being behind this whole inflate-gate conspiracy. I posted it to clear up mis-information on how the issue came to be. Based on that article and my years of watching Indy Car Crew chiefs attempting to bend the rules to gain an edge, and my years growing up as a Big Red Machine baseball fan and watching pitchers get caught scuffing baseballs back in the 70's, I drew some conclusions.

The game was no biggie to me. The under-inflated footballs are no biggie to me. The Pats winning or losing the Super Bowl is no biggie to me. And for the one classy Pats fan who seems infatuated with sheep, I looked it up and according to the USDA there are about as many Sheep flocks in New England as there are in Indiana. :)

dchester 01-20-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200814)
See that bold part there? That's 100% Pure USDA Grade A Bullshit, and shows that you're either stupid, a liar, or both.

Well, that seems a bit harsh. Have you ever considered that he might just be extremely ignorant, and is simply unaware that he has no clue at all what he is talking about?

:coffee:

Beaglebay 01-20-2015 02:36 PM

We can't hear you, Marjorie, we've pumped up the crowd noise.

HSanders 01-20-2015 02:36 PM

I still want to know how it's "spying" when well over 60 k people can see the exact same thing the camera is taping.

patswin 01-20-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200793)
Mike Hurley of CBS Boston Sports wrote a GREAT article in response to the disreputable piece of trash that Rosenberg wrote and SI egregiously published. This is worth the read.

That Rosenberg article was outrageous.... and Hurley's piece awesome.

SI used to be reputable. Used to be.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2200832)

And for the one classy Pats fan who seems infatuated with sheep, I looked it up and according to the USDA there are about as many Sheep flocks in New England as there are in Indiana. :)

Well, yes, that's true, but New England Sheep produce Virgin Wool, whereas Indiana Sheep produce Loose Anus Wool. :coffee:

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I stand corrected. It was for this.

NEW YORK -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up its first-round draft choice next year if it reaches the playoffs this season, or its second- and third-round picks if it misses the postseason.
"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.
The videotaping came to light after a camera was confiscated from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella while he was on the New York Jets' sideline during New England's 38-14 win last Sunday at Giants Stadium. Goodell will not change the outcome of the game.

But seriously, I did not come here to troll the Pats. I was reading Businessinsider.com and stumbled on an article that corrected some of the myths I read on this forum that have a Colts beat writer being behind this whole inflate-gate conspiracy. I posted it to clear up mis-information on how the issue came to be. Based on that article and my years of watching Indy Car Crew chiefs attempting to bend the rules to gain an edge, and my years growing up as a Big Red Machine baseball fan and watching pitchers get caught scuffing baseballs back in the 70's, I drew some conclusions.

The game was no biggie to me. The under-inflated footballs are no biggie to me. The Pats winning or losing the Super Bowl is no biggie to me. And for the one classy Pats fan who seems infatuated with sheep, I looked it up and according to the USDA there are about as many Sheep flocks in New England as there are in Indiana. :)

You're a goddamn liar. The FACT that you came out here and threw some horseshit internet-created myth out as to what the Pats got zapped over as part of "Spygate"- God, I HATE the use of 'gate' attached to any type of scandal. I've been to the Watergate Hotel, very classy place- is all I need to know about you and your bullshit peace offering.

Eat a bag of dicks and die. Seriously.

Claremonster 01-20-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200834)
Well, that seems a bit harsh. Have you ever considered that he might just be extremely ignorant, and is simply unaware that he has no clue at all what he is talking about?

I covered that with option #1. :coffee:

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200843)

Stupid is as stupid posts :dith::insane:

Marginmn 01-20-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200815)
You quote Bill NaPolian in your sig, forfeiting any chance at credibility.

That's because I have made but a handful of posts on any football message boards since Polian and the Colts decided that going undefeated wasn't important to them back during the 2009 season. It kinda soured me on Football a bit.

Still a fan but I don't put a fraction of the emotion as I used to into the outcome of football games that I cannot control - hence a handful of posts in half a decade and a way out of date signature line.

I need to change that. On second thought, why bother.

mikiemo83 01-20-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200834)

viable option but I think my theory of him and a tube sock in a toilet paper roll with some jergen's lotion to be a more realistic concept

Quote:

and #2

Joe 01-20-2015 02:46 PM

But it's only a big deal if the Patriots are involved. :coffee:

gomezcat 01-20-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Oh! Nice of you to grace us with your presence! To what do we owe this honour? 😁
Posted via Mobile Device

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2200850)

But it's only a big deal if the Patriots are involved. :coffee:

You mean that Pats didn't whine and bitch to the league to the league about this?

...surely you jest!

dchester 01-20-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

But seriously, I did not come here to troll the Pats. I was reading Businessinsider.com and stumbled on an article that corrected some of the myths I read on this forum that have a Colts beat writer being behind this whole inflate-gate conspiracy. I posted it to clear up mis-information on how the issue came to be.

ROFL :LOL: :D :LOL: ROFL

Thanks, it's been a long day and I needed a good laugh.

Joe 01-20-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.Z.O. (Post 2200852)
You mean that Pats didn't whine and bitch to the league to the league about this?

...surely you jest!

In their defense, the Patriots didn't end that game in the fourth consecutive blowout fashion. If they had, maybe Kraft would have thrown some shit at Green Bay to piss on their parade

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200853)
ROFL :LOL: :D :LOL: ROFL

Thanks, it's been a long day and I needed a good laugh.

nah D, you're looking at it all wrong-

- we should be thanking him for pointing out what a bunch of mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging morons 90% of the national sports fan base is, and how he decided to actually do a little research after years of following the herd-

Hell, I think we should make him a mod.

Dwight Schrute 01-20-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200793)

That was GREAT!

PatsFanLisa 01-20-2015 02:53 PM

Not sure this was posted. Bettis calling Pats "known felons". Stephen A. Smith LOSES IT on him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ng28gh3Tr54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2200854)
In their defense, the Patriots didn't end that game in the fourth consecutive blowout fashion. If they had, maybe Kraft would have thrown some shit at Green Bay to piss on their parade

Just my opinion, but I don't see it. Think of where guys like Jim Irsay and John Harbaugh are on the class scale, and then flip it over completely. That's where you'll find Bob Kraft.

bideau 01-20-2015 02:55 PM

The former head of refs was just on with Felger. He believes nothing will come from this lunacy and can't see any way that a game ball could be tampered with. He said that when a new ball comes into the game, the officials check it and will throw it out if it doesn't feel right. They will look for the referee's mark (that was put on the ball prior to the game) and give the ball a squeeze. If they believe the inflation is off, they'll have it taken out of rotation.

He also believes that the delay at the start of the 2nd half was because a kicking ball was placed on the field by mistake.

Now we have to continue waiting for the NFL to knock this down :taptaptap: