Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

king of kings 01-19-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200320)
Well, that one ball would have made up for the 38 point difference that the Colts were behind in the end. :blink:

So did that ball make luck throw 2 Ints & only compete 4 passes to his WRs.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyD420 (Post 2200316)
Hang in there, man. You're in for a rough couple of weeks where you are. :coffee:


Meh. I'm wearing my Pats jacket, cuz **** the haters.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200324)
So did that ball make luck throw 2 Ints & only compete 4 passes to his WRs.


No, it was the RC airplane controller in the ball, operated by a Pats employee up in the booth that caused that.

HSanders 01-19-2015 03:51 PM

On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

imapig 01-19-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200327)
No, it was the RC airplane controller in the ball, operated by a Pats employee up in the booth that caused that.

This just made me...ROFL ROFL ROFL

imapig 01-19-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

:celebrate:

Claremonster 01-19-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

And none of the officials, who grab, fondle, and touch the balls between every play never noticed a thing.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200332)
And none of the officials, who grab, fondle, and touch the balls between every play never noticed a thing.


You'd think blind men would have a heightened sense of touch.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200333)
You'd think blind men would have a heightened sense of touch.



ROFL


:coffee:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

So...the Colts knew about this for 2 months, and never bothered to say anything until yesterday?

(And, of course, they had to deal with all that inclement weather in that dome).

This is starting to sound like something Irsay dreamed up while he was on one of this 3-week-long meth-tweaking binges. :coffee:

bmooney54 01-19-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

Good thing the balls were deflated so they could grip the interceptions. If they dropped them, it might have been a rout. :coffee:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

Who was the "insider"? Had to be Polian, right?

HSanders 01-19-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200332)
And none of the officials, who grab, fondle, and touch the balls between every play never noticed a thing.

What's even weirder is why is that stuff from the Colts being leaked to ESPN? I would assume they would simply have brought it to the attention of the refs in Nov. if that were the case, and they would have handled it.

Newbologist 01-19-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

But that was an away game, the pats wouldn't have any control over the balls in that situation?

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200338)
What's even weirder is why is that stuff from the Colts being leaked to ESPN? I would assume they would simply have brought it to the attention of the refs in Nov. if that were the case, and they would have handled it.


No headlines that way :coffee:

bmooney54 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200333)
You'd think blind men would have a heightened sense of touch.

I see what you did there, or not.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbologist (Post 2200339)
But that was an away game, the pats wouldn't have any control over the balls in that situation?

That's what I keep hearing.

HSanders 01-19-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbologist (Post 2200339)
But that was an away game, the pats wouldn't have any control over the balls in that situation?

The QBS have their own balls now, regardless of home/away. It's the Peypey Brady rule. ROFL

TipRoast 01-19-2015 04:04 PM

Somewhere, someone is preparing some kind of cheating allegation for a post-Super Bowl XLIX world where the Patriots earn their fourth ring.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200343)
The QBS have their own balls now, regardless of home/away. It's the Peypey Brady rule. ROFL


There's no way Peyton has his own balls.

O.Z.O. 01-19-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200143)
It can on car tires, why couldn't it on footballs?

It can't and as some genius in another forum pointed out earlier today, this has NEVER happened in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, Seattle, Green Bay, Chicago, Denver...or any cold weather environment. So, we should all be thankful that we got to witness history yesterday...:dith:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200338)
What's even weirder is why is that stuff from the Colts being leaked to ESPN? I would assume they would simply have brought it to the attention of the refs in Nov. if that were the case, and they would have handled it.

Meh..it is. BTW this hack Kravitz is Irsay close.

Now there are reports that the ball was over inflated. It's a mixed up lie and attention getting that will be put to rest by the NFL soon IMO

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200349)
Meh..it is. BTW this hack Kravitz is Irsay close.

Now there are reports that the ball was over inflated. It's a mixed up lie and attention getting that will be put to rest by the NFL soon IMO


What's the over/under on the over/under?

king of kings 01-19-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200328)
On NFL INSIDERS, they said the Colts were actually in the know of this already because when Mike Adams picked off TB in Nov, he noticed the balls were weird. Same for the INT by Jackson last night.
This is not going away anytime soon.

All game balls are weighted have to be approved by the refs. Since they get to touch them.after ever play. You dont think there noticed if the balls were deflated.

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 04:15 PM

BTW, I want to be clear, I am in no way saying I am even saying this is an issue. It isn't to me, my team got flat out out played. Frankly, I didn't expect my team to win (it would have been nice). I am just one of these people who if I hear a theory, I do like to think it out out loud (like air pressure differences).

HSanders 01-19-2015 04:16 PM

BTW, Mike Adams used to play for Mangini.
And Denver.
Just sayin'.

imapig 01-19-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2200355)
BTW, Mike Adams used to play for Mangini.
And Denver.
Just sayin'.

:coffee:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200349)
Meh..it is. BTW this hack Kravitz is Irsay close.

Now there are reports that the ball was over inflated. It's a mixed up lie and attention getting that will be put to rest by the NFL soon IMO

The NFL has no intention of making this go away any time soon. They've got a whole week of dead time to deal with here.

bmooney54 01-19-2015 04:19 PM

BB has said the Pats will fully cooperate and answer any questions.

An open mic after the presser overheard him say, "Let Goodell himself come and feel my balls."

king of kings 01-19-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200354)
BTW, I want to be clear, I am in no way saying I am even saying this is an issue. It isn't to me, my team got flat out out played. Frankly, I didn't expect my team to win (it would have been nice). I am just one of these people who if I hear a theory, I do like to think it out out loud (like air pressure differences).

It's them trying to found some way the pats cheated. They have beat luck by 21 or more points every time.

imapig 01-19-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmooney54 (Post 2200360)
BB has said the Pats will fully cooperate and answer any questions.

An open mic after the presser overheard him say, "Let Goodell himself come and feel my balls."

Your making this up...Although I hope he really did say that..ROFL ROFL ROFL

-JJ- 01-19-2015 04:21 PM

Anyone remember the heated balls? From a Tenn 5 deg playoff game where they thought AV was warming the ball prior to winning FG.

So now the Pats have heated and deflated balls.

Next up- cold balls

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 04:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gJ3tqIukBKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200333)
You'd think blind men would have a heightened sense of touch.

Damn it activate your reputation cuz that is GOLD!

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200354)
BTW, I want to be clear, I am in no way saying I am even saying this is an issue. It isn't to me, my team got flat out out played. Frankly, I didn't expect my team to win (it would have been nice). I am just one of these people who if I hear a theory, I do like to think it out out loud (like air pressure differences).

You're one of the cool Colts fans... :toast:

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 05:04 PM

When the Patriots are exonerated of any wrongdoing in this latest BS story, will people then refer to it as 'BallGag'?

Patriots44 01-19-2015 05:07 PM

you just know the "Ball" jokes are flying around the locker room

Claremonster 01-19-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots44 (Post 2200426)
you just know the "Ball" jokes are flying around the locker room


Almost makes me wish Welker was here to give a presser.

vertigho 01-19-2015 05:20 PM

Florio is reporting that the NFL is going to launch a fully fleshed-out, transparent investigation and that a conclusion will be reached during the offseason, at which point punishment(s) (if there is/are any) will be doled out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ery-seriously/

Quote:

The NFL has learned the hard way that improperly handling investigations regarding off-field issues can create major problems. As a result, the NFL fully intends to properly handle investigations regarding on-field issues that impact the integrity of the game.

As to the question of whether balls were deflated by the Patriots before or during Sunday’s AFC title game against the Colts, the issue goes much deeper than the contents of the rulebook or the question of whether the Patriots would have won the game with over-inflated balls, under-inflated balls, completely deflated balls, or bowling balls. The issue speaks to the question of whether the integrity of the game has been undermined.

Per a league source, the Patriots officially have been informed of the investigation, and the investigation will be thorough and transparent. Consequences, if any, will come in the offseason, with a full explanation from the NFL as to what happened and why punishment was (or wasn’t) imposed.

In this specific case, the investigation will focus on whether the balls were properly weighed and measured by officials before the game started, whether anything happened while the balls were in the custody of the referee, and whether anything happened after the balls were given by the referee to the ball attendant.

The ball attendant becomes a key figure in any investigation regarding ball inflation because the ball attendant is an employee not of the league but of the team.

It’s not the only pending investigation that falls into the “integrity of the game” file. The ongoing investigation regarding the reported use of cellphones on the sidelines by Browns coaches also has attracted special attention from the league office.

In addition to rectifying any potential impact on game integrity, the NFL also will hope to deter others from committing similar violations in the future. Which means that the punishments, if any, will be aimed in part at sending a message to anyone else who would be inclined to do anything to get an unfair edge.
What the actual ****? The fact that this is happening boggles the mind. Belichick seemed rather transparent and at ease with the situation, so I will continue to strongly believe that nothing was done wrongly by anyone associated with New England.

But seriously, clean this shit up by Thursday or Friday, we don't need this lingering.

What a load of shit. Goodell and the league office are a mess.

TommyD420 01-19-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200435)
Florio is reporting that the NFL is going to launch a fully fleshed-out, transparent investigation and that a conclusion will be reached during the offseason, at which point punishment(s) (if there is/are any) will be doled out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ery-seriously/



What the actual ****? Clean this shit up by Thursday or Friday, we don't need this lingering.

What a load of shit. Goodell and the league office are a mess.


Go check that other thread about where I said "Someone's gotta wear the back hat".

Now we get two weeks of this. Cool. Can't wait for Sherman to chime in either.

Media day should be fun.

If you don't believe me now that this is completely intentional, then I don't know what else to say about it.

Edit - And trust me, the Patriots can handle it, so don't worry about it. They're on to Seattle.

king of kings 01-19-2015 05:26 PM

I'm sure with cameras everywhere. They would have caught the ball boy deflating them. Only 1 ball was removed during that game.

vertigho 01-19-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200442)
I'm sure with cameras everywhere. They would have caught the ball boy deflating them. Only 1 ball was removed during that game.

This is very likely the case.

It's probably something like this...

The Patriots like having their footballs softer, so they tend to err nearer the lower end of the 12.5-13.5 PSI range. Given the cold, wet conditions, the majority of their balls ended up a bit softer than one (the Colts) would expect. Perhaps one ball in particular got especially soft for whatever reason (a hard hit to the football, a leak, etc). They removed that particular ball.

The only way the Pats are culpable is if someone instructed the ball boy to intentionally deflate the ball beyond the point that it had been initially pumped up to. I can't imagine that happened, and the reaction of Belichick, Brady, JE, Solder, et. al more or less confirms that.

This team can handle this situation but I hate to have this distraction hanging over our heads.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 05:35 PM

This, as always, will not be a distraction for the Patriots.

king of kings 01-19-2015 05:45 PM

I watching ESPN around the horn , PTI & sportscenter. There not talking about the pats domination . Instead it's the pats cheating past. That they just continued to do anything to win games

Joe 01-19-2015 05:47 PM

Well that's just great. We couldn't even enjoy 24 hours of last night's victory without hearing about some dumb shit like this, but now we have to deal with it for the next God knows however many months during the offseason before the league says "Yea nothing happened." By then the cheaters mantra all these people loooove to spew (funny how it's mostly AFC teams' fans, right?) will have run its course and nobody will be convinced of anything that conflicts with their agenda.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200452)
I watching ESPN around the horn , PTI & sportscenter. There not talking about the pats domination . Instead it's the pats cheating past. That they just continued to do anything to win games

Yes they did. They acknowledged the run/pass ratio and the 45-7 score.

They referenced the history, but never said it was solely responsible for them winning. This whole thing is manufactured sour grapes

king of kings 01-19-2015 05:52 PM

The jets tampering story was a 20 seconds report. Any negative news about the pats get major headlines. If this was any other team . It would just get mentioned once .

Ryan91 01-19-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200448)
This is very likely the case.

It's probably something like this...

The Patriots like having their footballs softer, so they tend to err nearer the lower end of the 12.5-13.5 PSI range. Given the cold, wet conditions, the majority of their balls ended up a bit softer than one (the Colts) would expect. Perhaps one ball in particular got especially soft for whatever reason (a hard hit to the football, a leak, etc). They removed that particular ball.

The only way the Pats are culpable is if someone instructed the ball boy to intentionally deflate the ball beyond the point that it had been initially pumped up to. I can't imagine that happened, and the reaction of Belichick, Brady, JE, Solder, et. al more or less confirms that.

This team can handle this situation but I hate to have this distraction hanging over our heads.

The ball's could potentially lose pressure simply due to the difference in temperature between the room in which they were initially inflated - which would be around room temperature (around 22 C (72 F)) - and the temperature outside on the field (approximately 10 C (50 F) at kick-off).

If they were inflated at the low end of the range then it's entirely probable that the conditions resulted in a small drop in pressure, but one that would have taken it below the specified threshold.

Admittedly the above is a relatively simplistic application of actual physics, but it works well enough for our purposes.

I suspect that teams plan for this accordingly and might over or under inflate the ball to account for any potential change in pressure based upon the conditions.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2200454)
Well that's just great. We couldn't even enjoy 24 hours of last night's victory without hearing about some dumb shit like this, but now we have to deal with it for the next God knows however many months during the offseason before the league says "Yea nothing happened." By then the cheaters mantra all these people loooove to spew (funny how it's mostly AFC teams' fans, right?) will have run its course and nobody will be convinced of anything that conflicts with their agenda.

It's good for business to fuel hate. It increases their ratings, and doesn't really translate to the the educated and uneducated fan alike. It goes right for the emotional cord and irrational thinkers. The "cheater mantra" guy/gal really doesn't even understand how stupid they look and sound. They're the same people that say the Patriots are classless and poor sports, but in essence they're doing the same thing. #Hypocrites

The Patriots are constantly accused of being poor sports. Everything they do these days is closely scrutinized. When the Patriots lose, I usually always give the other team credit and look in the mirror as to what the Patriots did wrong. I don't see this same attitude when the opposite is the case. People are stupid, and will always look for an excuse and the easy way out.

king of kings 01-19-2015 06:00 PM

Simple fix. Have a nfl employees & refs Handle all the balls. They way do for the k balls.

vertigho 01-19-2015 06:16 PM

Dammit.

@tomecurran: NFL's Greg Aiello on NFL ball investigation: "It will take as long as necessary so we cannot put a timetable on it. The review is underway."

jws2611 01-19-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200468)
Dammit.

@tomecurran: NFL's Greg Aiello on NFL ball investigation: "It will take as long as necessary so we cannot put a timetable on it. The review is underway."

This shit better get settled before they go to Arizona. I can't believe this is even a story. The hate for the pats is at a all time high.

vertigho 01-19-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jws2611 (Post 2200469)
This shit better get settled before they go to Arizona. I can't believe this is even a story. The hate for the pats is at a all time high.

If I'm Kraft, I'm on the phone with Goodell immediately demanding that the investigation be the league's top priority, and that every possible measure be taken to expedite said investigation given the circumstances surrounding the team.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 06:26 PM

If they only investigated the Ray Rice situation with urgency and vigor though.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 06:32 PM

I think like their record and so called ability, the Colts over inflate their balls while the pats balls are inflated perfectly meaning you would think the Pats Balls are soft.

We know one thing, it is the Pats balls know their role and do it well!!!

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 06:35 PM

I told you yesterday that Nate Solder was going to score a TD

bmooney54 01-19-2015 06:40 PM

The ball boy would have to deflate the ball to the proper advantage-gaining pressure without making it too low. He would have to use a gauge. In fact, he would have to set them all the same. Setting just one ball lower would attract the attention of the ref as he would notice the difference. Also, by just deflating just one, the QB would not know which one it was pre-snap and might waste the opportunity to grip it better by handing it off. Maybe the center twitches his ass when he feels the deflated ball to signal the QB about the advantage available for a passing play? As it was inclement weather, there were an extra six balls on each side. No one noticed the ball boy going into the bag 18 times with a gauge and the subsequent "hiss" each time? Ludicrous.

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 06:42 PM

So let me get this straight..

Is the NFL saying that we are not getting the most competitive game on the field because the balls they test before each game to meet industry standards are not up to snuff, and the Patriots are cheaters because they softened the balls to have a better grip. This is not making any sense

taltos 01-19-2015 06:43 PM

Slow news day and sour grapes by other NFL fans - they will grasp at anything.

Gina

king of kings 01-19-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200477)
I told you yesterday that Nate Solder was going to score a TD

As I told you I waited 4 years for him to catch a pass. This was only his 2nd pass attempt. He dropped his first pass against cincy last year.

vertigho 01-19-2015 06:45 PM

If there's one thing about this situation that concerns me, it's that when BB was asked directly if they intentionally deflated the ball(s), he would not unequivocally deny doing it.

bmooney54 01-19-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200483)
He dropped his first pass against cincy last year.

The ball was probably too hard.

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200483)
As I told you I waited 4 years for him to catch a pass. This was only his 2nd pass attempt. He dropped his first pass against cincy last year.

He's a TE by trade

BostonTim 01-19-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200484)
If there's one thing about this situation that concerns me, it's that when BB was asked directly if they intentionally deflated the ball(s), he would not unequivocally deny doing it.

Do you think for a moment that BB is going to give the media that satisfaction? He'd die first. Denial is the road to hell.

Cheers, BostonTim

vertigho 01-19-2015 07:05 PM

Ian Rapoport apparently said the league may finish their investigation by the end of this week, or early next week at the latest. Hope that's true, would make us all very happy.

Sounds like if there was any fine forthcoming it would be for $25K. No idea if draft picks would be involved.

It's all moot though. They won't find any wrongdoing.

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200496)
Ian Rapoport apparently said the league may finish their investigation by the end of this week, or early next week at the latest. Hope that's true, would make us all very happy.

Sounds like if there was any fine forthcoming it would be for $25K. No idea if draft picks would be involved.

It's all moot though. They won't find any wrongdoing.

The wrong doing if nothing really did happen is still slanderous against the Patriots

vertigho 01-19-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2200499)
The wrong doing if nothing really did happen is still slanderous against the Patriots

Right, and I'd hope the league would release a strong statement that no wrongdoing occurred (assuming none did), and go as far as they possibly can to put out these fires.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 07:24 PM

Warren Saap said Brad Johnson used put pine tar under his towel so he could grip the ball better.

Steve1 01-19-2015 08:24 PM

Deflated footballs? Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Patriots Killed the opponent in the AFC Championship game. Absolutely Killed them!

Superbowl XLIX! Glendale! Patriots Cage Cryin' Pete's Seahawks. Whoot!

RoadNasty 01-19-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200496)
Ian Rapoport apparently said the league may finish their investigation by the end of this week, or early next week at the latest. Hope that's true, would make us all very happy.

Sounds like if there was any fine forthcoming it would be for $25K. No idea if draft picks would be involved.

It's all moot though. They won't find any wrongdoing.


You would think it would not have to drag out that long over a small number of footballs and what happened to them time wise during this game. I'd love for the thing to be squelched by Wednesday of this week - at the latest - so we - and the country- can focus on football, not another "scandal".

Captain Morgan 01-19-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200137)
I'm still wondering if barometric pressure or other weather conditions can affect the ball. Anybody?

Gronkometric spiking...

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots4ever (Post 2200487)
He's a TE by trade

I'm surprised that BB waited this long to use him like this. :shrug_n:

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 09:01 PM

The media asked Luck if he felt that the balls were underinflated...he said no.

/story

vertigho 01-19-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200526)
The media asked Luck if he felt that the balls were underinflated...he said no.

/story

Each team uses different footballs.

king of kings 01-19-2015 09:06 PM

You can differently feel & know if a ball is overly deflated as it being reported. Refs catch or get handed the ball after play. Only one ball was removed can not prove they did it on purpose.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200527)
Each team uses different footballs.

Aaron Rodgers once bragged that he prefers his balls over inflated. :coffee:

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200529)
Aaron Rodgers once bragged that he prefers his balls over inflated. :coffee:

And Gronk is vice versa

king of kings 01-19-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoonIPA (Post 2200530)

And Gronk is vice versa

If gronk spiked a deflated ball. you could really tell on TV. It won't have much bounce to it.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2200534)
If gronk spiked a deflated ball. you could really tell on TV. It won't have much bounce to it.

I think he meant this:

Meredith Pineapples

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...600&h=400&q=75

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200539)
I think he meant this:

Meredith Pineapples

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...600&h=400&q=75

http://www.rightentertainment.com/wp...neapples_1.png

lucky mofo

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200435)
Florio is reporting that the NFL is going to launch a fully fleshed-out, transparent investigation and that a conclusion will be reached during the offseason, at which point punishment(s) (if there is/are any) will be doled out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ery-seriously/



What the actual ****? The fact that this is happening boggles the mind. Belichick seemed rather transparent and at ease with the situation, so I will continue to strongly believe that nothing was done wrongly by anyone associated with New England.

But seriously, clean this shit up by Thursday or Friday, we don't need this lingering.

What a load of shit. Goodell and the league office are a mess.

The league WILL. NOT. let us win the Super Bowl. Goodell will not allow it. I can't believe how ****in rigged this league is.

This is a tiny matter, it should take maybe, MAYBE 3 days to clear up... the f**kin offseason? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

blowup blowup blowup blowup blowup

I'm not sure about this, but I'm pretty sure the league can solve this quickly. Just dunk Belichick in water and if he drowns it means he's not a witch.

king of kings 01-19-2015 09:53 PM

You have the balls. Take them to be weight them after the game. This should be more on the refs then the pats. Refs are responsible for the balls before the game & during the game.

PatriotSeven 01-19-2015 09:55 PM

Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

Are you crazy?!? We don't ban people like you here! We give you access to the very exclusive AC forum! I would LOVE to hear you debate D22 on the issues, an intellect of your caliber would make for some fun times!

patriots pam 01-19-2015 10:03 PM

:spock:

Ell Oh Ell. I needed a laugh today. :thumb:

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

Well, you know what they say about opinions.

I think your use of the word "cheating" is inappropriate. I think "infraction of the rule" is a better description of what took place with Spygate. And in this situation with the football, have you already condemned the team as cheaters? I mean, that's what it sounds like.

Anyway, I for one do not believe the Patriots have done anything in a premeditated manner or with intent to deceive.

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 10:10 PM

I'm so angry we have to put up with this shit... AGAIN. I want to enjoy my friggin team going to their 7th Super Bowl of my fandom.

PatriotSeven 01-19-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200550)
Well, you know what they say about opinions.

I think your use of the wotd "cheating" is inappropriate. I think "infraction of the rule" is a better description of what took place with Spygate. And in this situation with the football, have you already condemned the team as cheaters? I mean, that's what it sounds like.

Anyway, I for one do not believe the Patriots have done anything in a premeditated manner or with intent to deceive.

Yah I tend to be pretty direct, and no I have no clue if we did or didn't do it, nor have I condemned the team. Like I said, my only belief is that, we are capable and wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be true. I have no idea if we did anything here anymore than anyone else.

king of kings 01-19-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

Home teams gives 36 game balls that get weighted & inspected before games. Only 1 ball was taking away. Colts would ha e been using the same balls as the pats. Pats fans have been dealing with the pats cheat to win every game. Since the whole spygate mess broke .

Peachhead 01-19-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
Hey guys I have not posted for awhile in this forum, as I have been a regular member of the patsfanforums for a few years now, until today, when I was shockingly banned for stating a difference of opinion on this very topic. In my 4 years there my worst offense was a moved thread, and other than that never had any run ins with any mods, have been nothing but a staunch Patriot supporter, and regular member of the board. All of a sudden today out of the blue I got banned, because my opinion differed from the majority on this topic and the topic of Spygate, labeled a troll, and banned.

The reason I feel this is worth writing about is because I just don't want to invest time in another community if a dissent on opinion is enough to get you labeled a troll, irrelevant of your history, time etc, and banned without question.

To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Is that difference of opinion accepted here or is that reason to be banned?

I'm curious, would you mind answering a question for me? You certainly don't have to. I hold no particular sway or authority in this forum. I'm just an average Patriots fan. The question is off-topic for this particular thread, but your answer would give me a better idea of your mindset. Thank you in advance (even if you choose not to answer).

In your own words what happened during "spygate"?

king of kings 01-20-2015 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 94865

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 12:31 AM

Any chance they look into all the Seattle PED use?

vertigho 01-20-2015 12:39 AM

Quote:

NEW YORK —Sources tell SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch that D'Qwell Jackson, of the Indianapolis Colts, intercepted a pass before the end of the first half of the AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots Sunday night and told his equipment manager that the ball felt under-inflated, leading to the so-called 'deflategate' controversy.

According to sources, the equipment manager then informed the Colts' head coach, Chuck Pagano, who then informed the team's general manager, Ryan Grigson.

Grigson then called the National Football League's director of field operations, who then called the locker room and spoke with the officials on the field at halftime.

During the first play coming back from halftime, there was a delay to the game while official changed the football being used on the field.

Sources told Lynch that several footballs were taken out of play during the game Sunday night, but that's not unusual and there have been times in previous games that officials have changed footballs during play due to factors such as air temperature changed that cause the ball to over or under inflate.

The NFL said it is now investigating the Patriots because of the complaint that was made.

"We are looking into it," league spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote in an email to The Associated Press on Monday. "We do not have anything further to add at this point."
http://www.wcvb.com/sports/nfl-inves...lated/30798932

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 12:41 AM

The officiating has been criminal, but they wont even address that. But under inflate a ball by a pound or two, or even wear the wrong socks, and watch out, the NFL gestapo will come down hard on you.

DeweyTime 01-20-2015 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200563)
Any chance they look into all the Seattle PED use?

About as much chance investigating Aaron Rodgers prefers to have his footballs over inflated.

TommyD420 01-20-2015 01:24 AM

If This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
To make a long story short, I guess my mindset is all NFL teams cheat in one way or another, and I don't believe we are an exception so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

Is truly what you think, then why would you bother with this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200546)
I am of the opinion that we might be capable of cheating, that I believe Spygate to have been cheating by definition, and I personally take the bad with the good, and it doesn't prevent me from being a Patriot supporter and fan.

Other than a really sorry attempt to troll and pile on.

I read your post history, and there's nothing worth banning in there, so perhaps one of the mods would be so kind as to determine who's sock puppet account this is?

I'd respect you a hell of a lot more if you came in here ranting 'Beli cheat' this, and 'Spygate' that. Seriously. At least then I could get a good laugh out of you.

PatriotSeven 01-20-2015 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyD420 (Post 2200570)
If This:



Is truly what you think, then why would you bother with this:



Other than a really sorry attempt to troll and pile on.

I read your post history, and there's nothing worth banning in there, so perhaps one of the mods would be so kind as to determine who's sock puppet account this is?

I'd respect you a hell of a lot more if you came in here ranting 'Beli cheat' this, and 'Spygate' that. Seriously. At least then I could get a good laugh out of you.

I stated that, because that was the reason I was banned from there, and something that apparently can only be seen as trolling, and not just how a person can objectively feel about it. It's just what I feel about it and I wanted to be upfront about how I feel about the issues. By the book, we broke the rule. Is it justifiable? Prior to the memo, sure. So that's how I feel about that situation. Do I feel it's possible, that we could have done something like what we're being accused of? Sure. Is it possible we are also innocent? Sure.

Other than my feelings on this issue, I don't think you will find I disagree with many things most Pats fans love about the Patriots.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-20-2015 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotSeven (Post 2200571)
I stated that, because that was the reason I was banned from there, and something that apparently can only be seen as trolling, and not just how a person can objectively feel about it. It's just what I feel about it and I wanted to be upfront about how I feel about the issues. By the book, we broke the rule. Is it justifiable? Prior to the memo, sure. So that's how I feel about that situation. Do I feel it's possible, that we could have done something like what we're being accused of? Sure. Is it possible we are also innocent? Sure.

Other than my feelings on this issue, I don't think you will find I disagree with many things most Pats fans love about the Patriots.

Every team cheats in their own way. Bottom line. You name the team, they have cheated in the past, or, currently cheat.

Have you ever ran a light or went over the speed limit? Ever drove without your seat belt on? Ever? If you did, you broke the law.

AustrianPatriot 01-20-2015 04:38 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...footballs-make

Its just a story because its about the Pats. Every other team gets away with stuff like this all the time. I really hate that "pats are just cheaters" BS all the time. Patriots would have won without throwing a single pass. You were beaten by a far better team ... get over it!

O.Z.O. 01-20-2015 06:53 AM

for the fans of every fan base ythat has seen their team beaten or even flat out ass-raped by the Patriots-

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/owzhYNcd4OM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.