Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 11:24 AM

The only weather change last night was from light rain to heavy rain

BostonTim 01-19-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2200133)
I think the ball was sweaty :shrug_n:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DxeO-4lIpL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2200153)
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DxeO-4lIpL8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Cheers

You get me :thumb:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsfan2theend (Post 2200149)
But if the temps changed even slightly, tire pressure changes (might not be so noticeable in tires, not sure about footballs). Not saying this happened, but in the words of mythbusters, plausible. Not even making excuses for my team either, they were flat out outplayed (what 10 plus years of NFL playing time and a good team gets you). My team will get to that point, it takes time. As long as Luck learns from Manning and Brady about his contract, the Colts will be fine.

Also regarding weather, the Colts practiced outside this past week, so they might not have played in the cold that often recently, but they have practiced in it.

Its a joke darlink! :)

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 11:34 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w24Xd8fVlTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Annihilus 01-19-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200107)
Yet, the NFL has confirmed the investigation.

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

But y'all are just shooting the messenger.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, nobody cares. For real.

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 11:41 AM

Found this on Facebook, lol.

http://s24.postimg.org/ny9dw1anp/Belichick_Weigh.jpg

bmooney54 01-19-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200137)
I'm still wondering if barometric pressure or other weather conditions can affect the ball. Anybody?

Absolutely. If the balls are inflated at 70 degrees and moved to 35 degrees, the degrease in temp. directly relates to a decrease in pressure (PV=NRT.) Both teams would be playing with the same balls and either QB could have a ball checked. The ball likely had a small defect. That, or 1500 pounds landing on it after the O-line pig piled Solder after his TD squeezed it beyond its design parameters. Maybe a Gronk spike finally broke a ball.

Also, fvck all the haters!

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmooney54 (Post 2200164)
Absolutely. If the balls are inflated at 70 degrees and moved to 35 degrees, the degrease in temp. directly relates to a decrease in pressure (PV=NRT.) Both teams would be playing with the same balls and either QB could have a ball checked. The ball likely had a small defect. That, or 1500 pounds landing on it after the O-line pig piled Solder after his TD squeezed it beyond its design parameters. Maybe a Gronk spike finally broke a ball.

Also, fvck all the haters!

Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determining whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

Peachhead 01-19-2015 11:48 AM

The National Anthem in the Seahawks-Packers game was sung by Katherine McPhee. drool

We got the guy from Train. :(

They should investigate that! It's enough to give someone deflated balls. :grumpy:

bmooney54 01-19-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200165)
Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determing whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

The NFL will probably inflate it fully to find the leak. When they do, they will be in contact with the manufacturer to figure out what caused it and how to increase their quality control to prevent it in the future. Much ado about nothing, IMO, but haterz and shit.

EDIT: Also, there are cameras every fvcking where. If the refs are in charge of the balls, it should be easy to see BB going into the box with a pin.

mooseontheloose 01-19-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determing whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

Plus, how can they prove which team deflated it?

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachhead (Post 2200166)
The National Anthem in the Seahawks-Packers game was sung by Katherine McPhee. drool

They should investigate that! It's enough to give someone deflated balls. :grumpy:

Dude I like her but she was TURRIBLE.

Steve-o 01-19-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2200160)

I don't really care, until and unless they find the Pats guilty.

But blaming Kravitz? LOLOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

AllWorldTE 01-19-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Simply inflate it to it's correct PSI and wait. If it deflates it's defective. If it doesn't it's not.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200100)
Please speak to the fact that the NFL is investigating it, per various reports, so why would the NFL investigate it if it wasn't possible?

The NFL always investigates if an accusation is made. Throw enough mud, see if something sticks.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 2200110)
Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.

If it's what I remember, it was the PATS that pointed out the "bad" ball.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllWorldTE (Post 2200174)
Simply inflate it to it's correct PSI and wait. If it deflates it's defective. If it doesn't it's not.

Yeah, but what if it's deflated, and when they re-inflate it, it doesn't deflate again?

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200178)
Yeah, but what if it's deflated, and when they re-inflate it, it doesn't deflate again?

OMG CHEATING CHEATERS WHO CHEAT YEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH and stuff. :coffee:

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200179)
OMG CHEATING CHEATERS WHO CHEAT YEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH and stuff. :coffee:

:rofl: So nice to see Claremonster

AllWorldTE 01-19-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200178)

Then Walt Anderson should be fired which to be honest he should be anyway.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllWorldTE (Post 2200181)

That was the best answer. He's awful. Colts didn't even get a flag until the 3rd qtr, I think. By that time, Browner had, what, 23 penalties?

And let us not forget three EZ passes with three maulings that were never called.

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200180)
:rofl: So nice to see Claremonster

:wave:

aloyouis 01-19-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllWorldTE (Post 2200181)

And who is to say that this isn't where the "investigation" is focused. The balls were handed over to his team and he was responsible for checking them and then securing them. At which point did he fail?

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200176)
If it's what I remember, it was the PATS that pointed out the "bad" ball.

then the cheater is the Colts, the cause was the Owners heroin needle punctured it

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200187)
then the cheater is the colts, the cause was the owners heroin needle punctured it

rofl

DeweyTime 01-19-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200173)

Posted via Mobile Device

Sending a tweet out is not reporting. Reporting is being provided the information from the source and then researching to see how often this is done, what the actual rules are, what processes are in place, etc...

His tweet was attention grabbing sensationalism nothing more.

Roberto71 01-19-2015 12:34 PM

I really am getting sick of this. A ludicrous accusation gets put out there and it just gives fuel to the legions of haters who want to decry the organisation, the victories, the success. Fans calling for Belichick to be banned, starting with the Superbowl, Goodell to come down like a hammer on them, fines, bannings you name it.

A selection of just a tiny few comments on the NBC story. For every 20 posts soaked in spittle laden invecrove, you have one post from a Pats fan pointing out the obvious that the officials deal with the balls.....

jeffmage says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:28 AM
Bellichick is so sleazy. Everything he does is in the effort to gain an unfair edge, from taping opponent&rsquo;s practices, fast-snapping the ball, playing a shell game with eligible receivers, deflating the ball, etc.

None of that is trying to fairly outplay the competition.

He has a lot of Super Bowl rings, but his legacy is that of a total cheater. We have all known people like him who are always trying to find an edge, instead of just playing fair.

Yes, the apologists will decry that he is within the rules. I am sorry, but the intent matters. None of our Mother&rsquo;s ever taught us to play like that.

25 31
coloradocowboy says:
Seriously?

Is there some sort of reason that the Pats can&rsquo;t just seem to line up and play? There feels like there is always SOMETHING over on the edges that you just know ain&rsquo;t quite right.

13 19
kidsamoa260 says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:29 AM
Doesn&rsquo;t matter, their super bowl dreams will be deflated by the Seahawks!

22 22
gadzod says:
Patriots/Billicheat caught cheating? Nah&hellip;.never! &ldquo;The Patriot Way.&rdquo;

11 21
jukeboxmickey says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:30 AM
Billy Bellacheat is at it again. Don Shula was right. Rodney Harrsion
can go fly a Kite. He is wrong patriots are cheaters.

17 18
2far2far says:
This is beyond laughable.

28 1
dfwhawkguy says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Do these guys ever just play football? Is cheating just part of their DNA? Apparently so&hellip;

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachhead (Post 2200166)

I would do EVERYTHING to that girl... I would do things that given the laws of physics aren't actually possible in our Universe to her.

:OMG:

http://images.askmen.com/photos/kath...phee/84027.jpg

http://www.haironthebrain.com/wp-con...ee-11189-4.jpg

vertigho 01-19-2015 12:40 PM

Quietly sitting, waiting for the NFL to release a statement confirming that no wrongdoing occurred.

Then I'll proceed to enjoy my day off.

Absolutely infuriating that we have to deal with something this silly after such a big win.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2200191)
I really am getting sick of this. A ludicrous accusation gets put out there and it just gives fuel to the legions of haters who want to decry the organisation, the victories, the success. Fans calling for Belichick to be banned, starting with the Superbowl, Goodell to come down like a hammer on them, fines, bannings you name it.

A selection of just a tiny few comments on the NBC story. For every 20 posts soaked in spittle laden invecrove, you have one post from a Pats fan pointing out the obvious that the officials deal with the balls.....

jeffmage says:
Bellichick is so sleazy. Everything he does is in the effort to gain an unfair edge, from taping opponent&rsquo;s practices, fast-snapping the ball, playing a shell game with eligible receivers, deflating the ball, etc.

None of that is trying to fairly outplay the competition.

He has a lot of Super Bowl rings, but his legacy is that of a total cheater. We have all known people like him who are always trying to find an edge, instead of just playing fair.

Yes, the apologists will decry that he is within the rules. I am sorry, but the intent matters. None of our Mother&rsquo;s ever taught us to play like that.

25 31
coloradocowboy says:
Seriously?

Is there some sort of reason that the Pats can&rsquo;t just seem to line up and play? There feels like there is always SOMETHING over on the edges that you just know ain&rsquo;t quite right.

13 19
kidsamoa260 says:
Doesn&rsquo;t matter, their super bowl dreams will be deflated by the Seahawks!

22 22
gadzod says:
Patriots/Billicheat caught cheating? Nah&hellip;.never! &ldquo;The Patriot Way.&rdquo;

11 21
jukeboxmickey says:
Billy Bellacheat is at it again. Don Shula was right. Rodney Harrsion
can go fly a Kite. He is wrong patriots are cheaters.

17 18
2far2far says:
This is beyond laughable.

28 1
dfwhawkguy says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Do these guys ever just play football? Is cheating just part of their DNA? Apparently so&hellip;

Don't let it get to you. Have you seen the interwebz comments coming from mom's basements all over the world?:)

Claremonster 01-19-2015 12:44 PM

Online comments are nothing. I gotta live with Seahawks fans for the next few weeks.

Although, last night was pretty funny where a friend of mine said "Jesus Christ! I hope you guys used up all your touchdowns!" LOL

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeweyTime (Post 2200189)
Sending a tweet out is not reporting. Reporting is being provided the information from the source and then researching to see how often this is done, what the actual rules are, what processes are in place, etc...

He admitted today he got a tip from a reliable Colts source and would look into it this morning despite tweeting it instantly.

So my question is how would he know about what the penalty would be in advance to talking to League sources?

Screw his hating ass. , he is pissed he has to pay to go to the superbowl because his paper will not pick up the tab now.

Annihilus 01-19-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200173)

Posted via Mobile Device

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be posting about it here.

I should've said nobody else (that matters) cares.

It's all pretty laughable, really.

ParanoidPatriot 01-19-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200119)
They provide their own balls, which are weighed prior to kickoff, then handled by ball boys provided by the team. The refs aren't guarding the balls.

Possible? Yeah, quite.

True? Up to the NFL to determine.

You forgot that the NFL refs mark each ball and check them for the mark during the game.

So, how is it possible again?

Patriots44 01-19-2015 12:53 PM

Maybe I missed it but what advantage would a deflated football give???

vertigho 01-19-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidPatriot (Post 2200201)
You forgot that the NFL refs mark each ball and check them for the mark during the game.

So, how is it possible again?

The only plausible manner in which this could have happened is if, a.) a ball boy was instructed to let air out of the football, or b.) perhaps something was done at halftime...? I don't know by whom the footballs are handled at the half.

Both of those seem incredibly unlikely, and moreover, it would seem the issue was only with one football. Otherwise the officials would've removed/re-inflated more than the one they did.

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots44 (Post 2200203)

only thing I could think is a softer ball would nestle gently into ones hands making the catch easier in the rain/cold. I remember playing in a league where an opposing team would do this because the QB had a cannon.

Patriots44 01-19-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots44 (Post 2200203)

just saw a video on SI that says it makes them easier to throw. (???)

vertigho 01-19-2015 01:03 PM

I'm reading now that the ball attendant is provided via the NFL, and is not a team employee.

Seems to be a lack of a decisive answer on this facet of the issue, but if true it would make deflating the balls nearly impossible.

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 01:05 PM

The Indy reporter was hoodwinked the only balls that were deflated were Gronk's at halftime during his romp in the sin bus

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 01:09 PM

Esiason Calls DeflateGate Sour Grapes: ‘Colts Got Their [Butt] Kicked’

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/1...r-butt-kicked/

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200046)
My motto has always been, "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat".

I'm not seeing the problem.

:shrug:

Yup

Dwight Schrute 01-19-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeweyTime (Post 2200189)

Exactly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots44 (Post 2200208)

And yet Rogers admittedly prefers them over inflated.

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 01:14 PM

Steve Palazzolo @PFF_Steve Follow The Patriots just traded six deflated footballs for two third-rounders and a conditional fifth

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200096)
Kravitz was just the first to report it, others have reported it, using their own NFL sources. Including NFL.com. Kravitz is not the source, only the messenger.

Here's the thing, folks, right now it's just a report. The NFL is investigating it. It was initiated by the NFL.

Y'all can poo poo it all you want, but if the NFL finds the Pats guilty, they will be punished. As they should.

As they deserved to be punished for Spygate.

Y'all can play the "errrybody hate us" card all you want, but if they're guilty, they're guilty.

:with:

AllWorldTE 01-19-2015 01:26 PM

The whole thing was weird. It was just after half-time. There was a delay for some reason which Simms and Nantz felt was due to the kicking ball still being in the game which they stated after the initial delay was over.

Anderson looks perturbed during the initial delay. Anderson gives the signal to start play, The ump (official number 124 Carl Paganelli) wipes and sets the ball, the Pats move to the line and then and only then does Anderson stop play to remove the ball.

If I were investigating this I'd take a few steps.

1. What was the reason for the initial delay? There was no commercial break after the half so they should have set the ball and been ready to go.

2. Paganelli held the offending football throughout the initial delay under a towel. Then he sets the ball after Anderson stated "let's go" several times while indicating the start of play. Then Anderson says something to Brady.

3. Paganelli sets the ball and backs off. Vereen goes in motion at which point Paganelli stops play. At the time play is stopped, the ball boy is already rushing another ball onto the field and Anderson is moving towards him to get it. The ball boy throw it to Anderson who does a quick squeeze and tosses it to Paganelli who exchanges the balls. He throws the offending ball to the side-judge.

4. This is when the idea that it was a kicking ball comes into play.

5. I'd interview Anderson, Paganelli, the side-judge, the ball boy handling the balls on the side-line and the ball boy handing the storage bag which holds the balls that are out of the rotation.

6. If this ball was deflated, the person who should have known was Paganelli as he was holding it for an extended period of time prior to setting it just after Anderson started play. He obviously didn't notice it. Wendell had barely touched it and hadn't indicated an issue so he wasn't the cause of the stoppage. Anderson started play so he apparently wasn't aware.

7. Yet play was stopped and the ball was exchanged. The ball boy was rushing another ball into play after Anderson signaled to start play and prior to his stopping play.

8. Did the ball boy call out to get Anderson's attention that there was a problem?

9. Did Anderson know there was an issue with the ball but there's some procedure about setting it prior to the play to show intent if the offense lines up with the bad ball in play? (Seems far fetched considering it's the official's job to insure proper balls are in play)

10. Was this really a kicking ball issue and the deflated ball thing happened at a different point in the game?

11. Why did the ball boy have to go get another ball and run it over to the officials if they were aware there was a problem prior to setting the bad ball? Shouldn't he be holding multiple balls or did he get screwed up with the kicking ball/regular ball exchange after the kick-off?

12. The entire sequence is weird. Why set the ball then stop play while the ball boy is running over with another ball?

13. Unfortunately CBS cut away a few times at points which may have shed some light on the subject such as:

14. Did Anderson check the offending ball at any time?

15. Where did the bad ball go? We see the linesman throw it to someone off camera? Who? What was done with it?

16. We don't see what happened to it. We see the ball boy reach into the storage bag for a replacement but we don't see his hand come out and we don;t see what happens to the offending ball.

17. Hopefully the game film shows us more clearly what took place during this sequence of events.

AllWorldTE 01-19-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots44 (Post 2200208)

True but I've not noticed Brady having any difficulty throwing a football in the past.

PatrietteAz 01-19-2015 01:33 PM

"this is all the ball boys fault " Peyton Manning

Claremonster 01-19-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200223)

"...who was liquored-up, by the way."

AllWorldTE 01-19-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 2200223)

Brady needs to have a talk with the ball boy.....

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2200160)

he does

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 01:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ss?id=12193829

Q. Tedy, love your chats! What do you make of the report of the Patriots using under-inflated footballs in last evening's game? To me, it's getting a little bit old. And for a player, it has to be as well that every time you win a big game you're accused of cheating. -- Brandon (Cincinnati)

A. You're exactly right, Brandon. It does get old. Coaches complaining they weren't ready for formations. I've heard it all. There is a long line of people who want to find some excuse for how the Patriots have had success for so long, and the bottom line is that it's good coaching and good players.

Brady's laugh in the video is priceless ROFL

Jammer 01-19-2015 01:52 PM

loosing draft pick over that?

crazy league

HarpoonIPA 01-19-2015 01:56 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if BB started this ballgate rumor to amp the team up and say, see the world does not respect us

HSanders 01-19-2015 02:02 PM

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/1...o-deflategate/
This has Tedy's comment that Beagle posted plus Rosey's usual nuttiness etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllWorldTE (Post 2200220)
The whole thing was weird. It was just after half-time. There was a delay for some reason which Simms and Nantz felt was due to the kicking ball still being in the game which they stated after the initial delay was over.

Anderson looks perturbed during the initial delay. Anderson gives the signal to start play, The ump (official number 124 Carl Paganelli) wipes and sets the ball, the Pats move to the line and then and only then does Anderson stop play to remove the ball.

1. What was the reason for the initial delay? There was no commercial break after the half so they should have set the ball and been ready to go.

2. Paganelli held the offending football throughout the initial delay under a towel. Then he sets the ball after Anderson stated "let's go" several times while indicating the start of play. Then Anderson says something to Brady.

3. Paganelli sets the ball and backs off. Vereen goes in motion at which point Paganelli stops play. At the time play is stopped, the ball boy is already rushing another ball onto the field and Anderson is moving towards him to get it. The ball boy throw it to Anderson who does a quick squeeze and tosses it to Paganelli who exchanges the balls. He throws the offending ball to the side-judge.

5. I'd interview Anderson, Paganelli, the side-judge, the ball boy handling the balls on the side-line and the ball boy handing the storage bag which holds the balls that are out of the rotation.

6. If this ball was deflated, the person who should have known was Paganelli as he was holding it for an extended period of time prior to setting it just after Anderson started play. He obviously didn't notice it. Wendell had barely touched it and hadn't indicated an issue so he wasn't the cause of the stoppage. Anderson started play so he apparently wasn't aware.

7. Yet play was stopped and the ball was exchanged. The ball boy was rushing another ball into play after Anderson signaled to start play and prior to his stopping play.

8. Did the ball boy call out to get Anderson's attention that there was a problem?

9. Did Anderson know there was an issue with the ball but there's some procedure about setting it prior to the play to show intent if the offense lines up with the bad ball in play? (Seems far fetched considering it's the official's job to insure proper balls are in play)

10. Was this really a kicking ball issue and the deflated ball thing happened at a different point in the game?

11. Why did the ball boy have to go get another ball and run it over to the officials if they were aware there was a problem prior to setting the bad ball? Shouldn't he be holding multiple balls or did he get screwed up with the kicking ball/regular ball exchange after the kick-off?

12. The entire sequence is weird. Why set the ball then stop play while the ball boy is running over with another ball?

13. Unfortunately CBS cut away a few times at points which may have shed some light on the subject such as:

15. Where did the bad ball go? We see the linesman throw it to someone off camera? Who? What was done with it?

16. We don't see what happened to it. We see the ball boy reach into the storage bag for a replacement but we don't see his hand come out and we don;t see what happens to the offending ball.

17. Hopefully the game film shows us more clearly what took place during this sequence of events.

So I'm guessing you're having a slow day today?

ROFL

patsRmyboys 01-19-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGIASM (Post 2200219)

WTF? Are you a Pats fan or what? You're "with" a COLTS fan about a complete bullshit story that comes from a complete bullshit reporter of a team that HAD NO BUSINESS being on the field with the Patriots in the first place. Gimme a ****ing break with this bullshit people... The Patriots are better than your team, DEAL WITH IT

HomelessJoe 01-19-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsRmyboys (Post 2200241)
WTF? Are you a Pats fan or what? You're "with" a COLTS fan about a complete bullshit story that comes from a complete bullshit reporter of a team that HAD NO BUSINESS being on the field with the Patriots in the first place. Gimme a ****ing break with this bullshit people... The Patriots are better than your team, DEAL WITH IT

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

put my tin foil hat on and came up with this:

GOODELL was a jets employee

Pats filed tampering charges against the Jets

GOODELL is pissed and after the Pats for this.

Dominated 01-19-2015 02:15 PM

In other news, I just got called a communist by an internet tough guy for disagreeing with FOX news running this story :coffee:

Steve-o 01-19-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2200200)
If you didn't care, you wouldn't be posting about it here.

I should've said nobody else (that matters) cares.

It's all pretty laughable, really.

I don't matter, you don't matter.

Nobody's opinion on this matters but the NFL's.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaglebay 01-19-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200249)

Posted via Mobile Device

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608...612934&pid=1.7

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

wow, I missed this, I took it as more of a slap at the colts fan he quoted for being "WITH" the dumbass Kravitz.

patsRmyboys 01-19-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

I don't matter
Posted via Mobile Device

Fixed it for you

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2200248)
In other news, I just got called a communist by an internet tough guy for disagreeing with FOX news running this story :coffee:

well done comrade

(P - shoulder) 01-19-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sadly, this does not instill confidence in me

Patriots4ever 01-19-2015 02:35 PM

Luck should have thrown for 400+ yards and put up more than 7 points

It's just a 1 way street again

Steve-o 01-19-2015 02:42 PM

The irony of everyone here blaming Kravitz is that anyone who's ever read Kravitz knows what a notorious Colts hater the man is.
Posted via Mobile Device

dchester 01-19-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Hopefully the game film shows us more clearly what took place during this sequence of events.

My sources say that Big Vince sat on the ball, and that's how it became deflated.

popcorn

vertigho 01-19-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200264)
The irony of everyone here blaming Kravitz is that anyone who's ever read Kravitz knows what a notorious Colts hater the man is.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hate the Jets and the Ravens.

Does hating 'x' team make it impossible for me to hate 'y' team? What's your point?

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2200264)
Posted via Mobile Device

First I think he was played like a fiddle by the Colts to deflect the attention of the game and give an excuse to the legion of fans who see Manning II as their future.

Secondly he Tweeted this out based on not confirming the info but by a singular source and as of 8am had still not been able to investigate himself.

TipRoast 01-19-2015 02:47 PM

Most people grow out of the "Ha ha, made you look" phase of their lives by age 14 or so.

This Kravitz guy is one tedious human being.

Joe 01-19-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200255)
well done comrade

da

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

I was pointing up that the guy was stupid (Steveo).

The deflated ball thing is a story on nothing.

If you read any of my comments, it's obvious that I'm a Pats fan.

Are you a Pats fan? :wave:

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200252)
wow, I missed this, I took it as more of a slap at the colts fan he quoted for being "WITH" the dumbass Kravitz.

I was trying to point the arrow that SteveO is stupid. :coffee:

That is all.

imapig 01-19-2015 02:51 PM

Rumor has it that BB had this woman on the sidelines tampering with the balls... Anybody see her on TV?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/344...ermelons-o.gif

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 2200274)
Rumor has it that BB had this woman on the sidelines tampering with the balls... Anybody see her on TV?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/344...ermelons-o.gif

h0c2000 01-19-2015 02:55 PM

The facts that Florio doesn't have 10 "stories" on the first page leads me to believe this story has already lost it's legs. The dead time for this week needs any kind of story and this won't be one of them.

vertigho 01-19-2015 03:09 PM

That explains it...

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MIw...nspiracy.0.jpg

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200284)

Big brotha sees all...

bmooney54 01-19-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigho (Post 2200284)

ROFLROFLROFL

:coffee:

Annihilus 01-19-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

oROFL

Right on.The NFL truly cares. Lmao.

NSPatsFan 01-19-2015 03:21 PM

The reactions from opposing assholes, er fans is predictable.

The Orange Mane

Russell Street Report - Ravens

Jets Nation

patswin 01-19-2015 03:22 PM

Regardless of what the NFL says, allegation = Uncontestable fact, and all the haters have eaten this up. If the league says "no foul" it will matter not one little bit.

PatsFanLisa 01-19-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patswin (Post 2200298)
Regardless of what the NFL says, allegation = Uncontestable fact, and all the haters have eaten this up. If the league says "no foul" it will matter not one little bit.

Precisely. Damage is done.

And not just from a fan viewpoint. Look at how many players and ex-players still believe Spygate and that we cheated. This just solidifies their opinions and creates more for the newer players.

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 03:24 PM

http://old.one4theotherthumb.com/ima...9/visorguy.jpg

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2200300)

And not just from a fan viewpoint. Look at how many players and ex-players still believe Spygate and that we cheated. This just solidifies their opinions and creates more for the newer players.

:shrug_n:

Dominated 01-19-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Yup and should we win the SB, it will just be another tainted Championship in every ones mind. Really pisses me off. :frown:

CPTK 01-19-2015 03:27 PM

I guess LeGarrette was able to grip the ball better while he was running over their finesse defense? I guess logic doesn't really matter to these people. It's all about the envy.

imapig 01-19-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed and the Commissioner is to blamed for hurting the the NFL Shield with his bias hatred towards the Patriots... Worst commissioner EVER!

Big/Sky/Fly 01-19-2015 03:29 PM

It will never change, so, why try to fight the allegations? That would be like trying to fill up a cracked dam from breaking apart with spit balls. Not.gonna.happen.

:celebrate:

The Pats h8 is gr8...

dchester 01-19-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2200303)
Yup and should we win the SB, it will just be another tainted Championship in every ones mind. Really pisses me off. :frown:

I prefer to embrace the hate that the jealous fans have for us. Who cares what they think. Tell them that those Lombardi trophies are staying in Foxboro, (although if BB wins another superbowl, they might rename it to the Belichick trophy).

:fire:

mikiemo83 01-19-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 2200303)

taint....GIGGLES

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 2200308)
I prefer to embrace the hate that the jealous fans have for us.

:fire:

screw them, the top of the group is always hated unless you are the artie Demoulas guy from market basket.... but I think that place is a cult

bmooney54 01-19-2015 03:37 PM

Evidence

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the proof. :coffee:

imapig 01-19-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmooney54 (Post 2200313)
Here is the proof. :coffee:

The caveman was gripping it too hard...:coffee:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 2200185)
:wave:

Hang in there, man. You're in for a rough couple of weeks where you are. :coffee:

king of kings 01-19-2015 03:43 PM

Always something new. There a new excuse every time the pats win. All this because 1 ball was taking out of the game.

Coltsfan2theend 01-19-2015 03:46 PM

Well, that one ball would have made up for the 38 point difference that the Colts were behind in the end. :blink:

TommyD420 01-19-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2200246)
put my tin foil hat on and came up with this:

GOODELL was a jets employee

Pats filed tampering charges against the Jets

GOODELL is pissed and after the Pats for this.

Genius.

They deflated a ball...

...to send a message to the Jets. :coffee:

Embrace the hate, folks. What actually happened isn't and nor would it ever, matter.