Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More Hypocrisy And Double-Standard BS (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75140)

PSC_Pats_Fan 09-11-2018 12:35 PM

More Hypocrisy And Double-Standard BS

Imagine the outcry and mass hysteria from fans and the media and the league if a Patriots player said this?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1264284002

Everyone would be screaming about cheating and asterisks (Well, more than they already do) Ted Wells would be digging for dirt (real or made up) faster than you could say ďmore stolen draft picks.Ē

But since itís not a Patriots player (And one of the protected teams, to boot) then we get: *Crickets*

This is why I only watch Patriots games now and havenít spent a dime on the league since Deflategate.

PumpDee 09-11-2018 12:55 PM

I'm sure some morons out there would call it Spygate 2 if it was the Pats, but really this just good film study. They recognized formations and hand/verbal signals that Stafford has probably been using for years.

Time they changed things up on the O side in Detroit??????

patsload 09-11-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpDee (Post 2537651)
I'm sure some morons out there would call it Spygate 2 if it was the Pats, but really this just good film study. They recognized formations and hand/verbal signals that Stafford has probably been using for years.

Jim Bob Cooter better get to work!

jetsknicks1 09-11-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSC_Pats_Fan (Post 2537647)
Imagine the outcry and mass hysteria from fans and the media and the league if a Patriots player said this?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1264284002

Everyone would be screaming about cheating and asterisks (Well, more than they already do) Ted Wells would be digging for dirt (real or made up) faster than you could say ďmore stolen draft picks.Ē

But since itís not a Patriots player (And one of the protected teams, to boot) then we get: *Crickets*

This is why I only watch Patriots games now and havenít spent a dime on the league since Deflategate.

Give me a break, talk about looking for something, anything to be angry about. Feel persecuted much?

Dwight Schrute 09-11-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 (Post 2537657)
Give me a break, talk about looking for something, anything to be angry about. Feel persecuted much?

Your org and their representatives started it all.

O.Z.O. 09-11-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Well, maybe a few 5-11 years with a parade of QBs would fix league wide fan base perception? Sorry man, it is what it is.

Baron Samedi 09-11-2018 02:50 PM

What "film study"...this is the first game with a new coach?

What film were hey studying?

No matter what....this looks bad for Patricia. How does the opponent know your playbook in the first freaking game?

patsload 09-11-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2537674)
What "film study"...this is the first game with a new coach?

What film were hey studying?

No matter what....this looks bad for Patricia. How does the opponent know your playbook in the first freaking game?

Patricia kept the OC of the previous regime, maybe they didn't change anything up?

TommyD420 09-11-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpDee (Post 2537651)

Hopefully not for a couple more weeks.

Jaric 09-11-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Take my advice on this. They aren't interested in what you're selling.

spacecrime 09-11-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get us.

mikiemo83 09-11-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsload (Post 2537675)
Patricia kept the OC of the previous regime, maybe they didn't change anything up?

most likely Patricia couldn't figure it out.... explains a lot.

jetsknicks1 09-11-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaric (Post 2537687)
Take my advice on this. They aren't interested in what you're selling.

I know that going in but sometimes you just have to.

PSC_Pats_Fan 09-11-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

This is so disingenuous. You know damn well there would be all kinds of shit stirred up if a Pats player said that EXACT same thing.

Have you already forgotten about people going off the deep end over a few puffs of air in some footballs?

Jaric 09-11-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 (Post 2537696)
I know that going in but sometimes you just have to.

Consider the torch passed.