Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Politics and Religion Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Political Issues Mega Thread (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74074)

anderson 03-05-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2508014)
Wall Street Responds To Italy's Vote: "Anti-Establishment Forces Are On Fire"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...orces-are-fire

Right wing rocks the vote, and the Five Star Movement surges in Italy.

Wall Street is freaked out. They are worried about getting their pound of flesh.
I am heartened to see that the Italians have a little more heart and courage than the French do. That's fine. Let the French pay through austerity measures and selling assets to the banks, there is actually hope Italy will tell the banks to "GFY".

There is actually hope fore Europe in certain areas! I am elated.:toast:

Just to point out that the Cinque Stelle is not a right wing movement. It's a populist left-wing movement.

The Northern League is the populist right-wing movement in Italy.

And if you're elated to see Silvio's party, Forza Italia, become the biggest party in Italy, something is wrong with you. Silvio is just about as establishment as you can be.

Darth Despot 03-06-2018 08:11 AM

OK I have a question.

If someone I know posted a picture of Obi Wan Kenobi with the caption "I bet you won't post this because you are too embarrassed to have a picture of Jesus Christ on your wall" should I tell them or just let it go?

Mazz22 03-06-2018 08:14 AM

Music to my ears.

Donald Trump fires first shot against globalization
If Donald Trump gets his way, globalization as we know it will be dead
http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/r65C...alization.html

PatsFanLisa 03-06-2018 08:29 AM

When I hear people supporting the end to global trade, I think to myself, can't wait til that person can't afford to buy their new washing machine, car, refrigerator, TV, computer. And then I laugh.

anderson 03-06-2018 08:32 AM

It should come as no surprise that the master of the deal seems to promote a terrible deal for the average American.

Baron Samedi 03-06-2018 02:14 PM

The old, progressive left would have celebrated the tariffs. It;s kind of funny, and shows how different the left of today is compared to the past.

At any rate...this should be good for a few chuckles.

Bernie Sanders Tells Trump to Keep His Promise on Nafta

"President Donald Trump is finding an unlikely ally in his efforts to overhaul the North American Free Trade Agreement: the political left."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...p-your-promise

Silly Bloomberg. The left doesn't have any policies or ideas...they just hate Trump and will oppose him on everything.."whatever Trump does is bad." That's their policy.

That's why this article is so hilarious...it makes a ridiculous assertion that the left has some kind of core value systems or beliefs that constitute some sort of policy plan. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Is it all clear now, Bloomberg?

It goes like this...."If Trump hates NAFTA, we love NAFTA, if Trump loves NAFTA, we hate NAFTA." Understand? ROFL ROFL

anderson 03-06-2018 02:28 PM

I don't know if I'm supposed to be in the "leftists have no policy ideas" camp or not, but I'm happy to ask you a simple enough question, with regards to these tariffs: Do you think the proposed tariffs on metals will make things better or worse for the average American?

Darth Despot 03-06-2018 02:37 PM

The left celebrates tariffs thing I am having trouble with. I'd like some examples. I know a lot of unions did, but those guys are all screaming yellow trumpsters these days.

Same as your Keynesians support tariffs. Maybe Keynes himself, before the depression, but I read Paul Samulson's entire book in college and he definitely didn't support tariffs and was a Keynesian.

Baron Samedi 03-06-2018 03:00 PM

The voices in my head, echoing loudly in my aluminum foil hat (noone wears tin any more, people. This is the 21st century!), tell me that this OSC report of Conway's Hatch Act violation, is a carefully scripted ruse.

I have a half formed idea/theory about it...but on the face of it, it makes no sense at all.
Smells strongly of a setup...and I don't mean to frame Conway.

If I can access the damn PDF, I'll be able to discuss more. So far it won't load for me...or download, or anything.

The thing is, on the face of it...a politician in front of the media answering a question about elections isn't a violation of the Hatch Act...there has to be more.

I have suspicions, but that's all right now.

AkPatsFan 03-06-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2508260)
The voices in my head, echoing loudly in my aluminum foil hat (noone wears tin any more, people. This is the 21st century!), tell me that this OSC report of Conway's Hatch Act violation, is a carefully scripted ruse.

I have a half formed idea/theory about it...but on the face of it, it makes no sense at all.
Smells strongly of a setup...and I don't mean to frame Conway.

If I can access the damn PDF, I'll be able to discuss more. So far it won't load for me...or download, or anything.

The thing is, on the face of it...a politician in front of the media answering a question about elections isn't a violation of the Hatch Act...there has to be more.

I have suspicions, but that's all right now.

Where's this pdf Baron?

Darth Despot 03-07-2018 08:24 AM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...-not-ideology/

Interesting breakdown, kind of helps explain the inexplainable.

Baron Samedi 03-08-2018 08:29 AM

Sessions: Someone needs to stand up to ‘radical’ California

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...cal-california

It's an uncomfortable feeling, but I am 100% behind California in determining their own enforcement of immigration, just as I was 100% behind Arizona determining it's own immigration policy....but the courts have set the standard...individual states have no jurisidiction on immigration law enforcement, even if it is in their own borders.

The shoe's on the other foot this time. When the courts get it wrong, everyone gets fvcked eventually, and today, it is California's turn. How does it feel California leftists, to have the Feds supercede your sovereignty against your will? Feel good?

I do hope that California has the money and political muscle to set a new standard...Arizona never had a chance. But, if California succeeds in telling the Feds to GFY, it's a win for everybody, so I support them, while at the same time enjoying the pain of that 2x4 being shoved up their arse...because they enjoyed it so much when it was Arizona being bent over.

Mazz22 03-08-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2508541)

It's an uncomfortable feeling, but I am 100% behind California in determining their own enforcement of immigration, just as I was 100% behind Arizona determining it's own immigration policy....but the courts have set the standard...individual states have no jurisidiction on immigration law enforcement, even if it is in their own borders.

The shoe's on the other foot this time. When the courts get it wrong, everyone gets fvcked eventually, and today, it is California's turn. How does it feel California leftists, to have the Feds supercede your sovereignty against your will? Feel good?

I do hope that California has the money and political muscle to set a new standard...Arizona never had a chance. But, if California succeeds in telling the Feds to GFY, it's a win for everybody, so I support them, while at the same time enjoying the pain of that 2x4 being shoved up their arse...because they enjoyed it so much when it was Arizona being bent over.

Why are you for states determining their own immigration policy?

Baron Samedi 03-08-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkPatsFan (Post 2508262)
Where's this pdf Baron?

I think it was taken down. I tried several links from articles, none work for me. It may be some of the settings I have on my browser, too.

Darth Despot 03-08-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2508541)

The Feds can and should set immigration policy I just don't think the states and locals are the ones who have to enforce it. That's not their job. It's essentially conscription.