Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Posting Guidelines/Announcements/Help Desk (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Smiley's organization (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=71894)

Baron Samedi 07-14-2016 01:36 PM

Smiley's organization
 
Dear Mods,

Can we organize the smilies differently so that the more commonly used ones are at the top?

I keep having to search for the commonly used ones scrolling through smilies that hardly ever get used.

I ain't gettin any younger, y'know? I ain't got time sifting through neglected smilies.

BS

Joolz 07-15-2016 07:40 AM

At one time there was an option for your Favorite Smilies, wasn't there? That was real helpful. Where did that option go?

Undertaker #59* 07-16-2016 01:29 PM

I will look into both options.

Baron, could you post the smilies that you want at the top?

Sent from my Enigma Device

TipRoast 08-22-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker #59* (Post 2356991)
I will look into both options.

Baron, could you post the smilies that you want at the top?

Sent from my Enigma Device

Would it not be better for the most frequently used smilies to automatically migrate to the top?

Undertaker #59* 08-22-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TipRoast (Post 2364887)
Would it not be better for the most frequently used smilies to automatically migrate to the top?

No doubt. Beyond my abilities though. That would require a new DB keeping track of what everyone uses.

TipRoast 08-22-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker #59* (Post 2364890)
No doubt. Beyond my abilities though. That would require a new DB keeping track of what everyone uses.

I don't think a fully-fledged DB is needed, just a data dictionary/hash/map (depending on which term you prefer) where the keys are the smilie strings (usually colon-delimited) and the values are the usage counts. The values get bumped by some Javascript or PHP that runs when a post is committed.

Then modify the code that displays the smilies table by doing a pass over the data dictionary to sort the smilies and order the table in which they're presented.

Of course, it could lead to people abusing the system and deluging us with smilie-filled posts in order to get their favorites at the top of the smilie panel.

:D :thumb: :toast: :rimshot: :party: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

:devil:

:evil:

bmooney54 08-31-2016 01:31 PM

These are my most used ones
:Wildcats::lockbait::p4e::bostoncollegelogo::traitors:

Thanks.

Undertaker #59* 08-31-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TipRoast (Post 2364902)
I don't think a fully-fledged DB is needed, just a data dictionary/hash/map (depending on which term you prefer) where the keys are the smilie strings (usually colon-delimited) and the values are the usage counts. The values get bumped by some Javascript or PHP that runs when a post is committed.

Then modify the code that displays the smilies table by doing a pass over the data dictionary to sort the smilies and order the table in which they're presented.

Cool.

Let me know when you have the PHP and the mod written so I can plug it in.

Thanks. :coffee:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.