Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are your Pats Superstitions? (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=65147)

NSPatsFan 09-24-2012 05:40 PM

What are your Pats Superstitions?

Figured we could all use a distraction after Refgate, so what are your Patriots Superstitions?

For me, I have only one but if I don't do it SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS! You HAVE to believe me! It's REAL! er um... yeah...

Ok, mine is whenever the announcer calling the game says something I don't want to happen hasn't happened in a while I knock on wood until the snap.

For example "Brady hasn't been intercepted in 568 consecutive pass attempts"

If I don't knock on wood he'll be intercepted on the NEXT PLAY. It's a SCIENTIFIC FACT!

-or-

"The Patriots haven't fumbled against the Jets in their last 7 meetings"

If I don't knock on wood until the snap the Pats WILL fumble and somehow Rex Ryan will pick up the ball, despite not being a player, and high step it in to the end zone.

So, what are your completely legitimate, if you don't do them something bad will happen for the Pats, Superstitions?

Dominated 09-24-2012 05:53 PM

I used to be very superstitious. I pulled everything out of my hat in last years SB loss. I am no longer superstitious at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

O_P_T 09-24-2012 05:54 PM

I have a whiskey rack.

OK, most people would think it was a wine rack, but I have single malt scotch in it instead.

I have a set of Ridel single malt glasses.

http://wineenthusiast.scene7.com/is/...w/300/4106.jpg

If I'm drinking the right scotch, in the right glass, they never lose.

I always start with a blended scotch (Famous Grouse), to represent the whole "team" bit, and if things are not going well, I change scotch until I find the one that works.

The evidence is indisputable. If they lose I clearly had the wrong scotch.

HerculesUnique 09-24-2012 06:21 PM

I NEVER melt down any of my original Revere Ware into 44 Mag slugs for werewolves the day of the Sunday game. Monday night, always.

Ryan91 09-24-2012 06:32 PM

No major superstitions but I do like to wear the Gronk jersey I got for Christmas last year over a Pats hoodie that I got at the same time.

Dominated 09-24-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan91 (Post 1933276)
No major superstitions but I do like to wear the Gronk jersey I got for Christmas last year over a Pats hoodie that I got at the same time.

Your in the UK right? Are going to go to the game this year?

Ryan91 09-24-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 1933277)
Your in the UK right? Are going to go to the game this year?

Yes and Yes - the trip is a present for my 21st Birthday (which actually the Friday after the game)

Dominated 09-24-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan91 (Post 1933278)
Yes and Yes - the trip is a present for my 21st Birthday (which actually the Friday after the game)

That's awesome, have a great time!

king of kings 09-25-2012 05:21 PM

I don't predict overall records or scores of games.

sammi71 09-25-2012 07:33 PM

I ALWAYS wear my tedy jersey on game day

grog 09-25-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 1933258)
I used to be very superstitious. I pulled everything out of my hat in last years SB loss. I am no longer superstitious at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. We have to make our own luck going forward. No help from the supernatural.

O_P_T 09-25-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammi71 (Post 1933957)
I ALWAYS wear my tedy jersey on game day

So is that "tedy" as in Bruschi or Victoria's Secret?

CaliPatsFan12 09-26-2012 01:51 PM

gonna start eating gronk flakes before every game :D

bsaeagle64 09-26-2012 02:00 PM

I have a grey t-shirt with blue letters outlined in red "NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS" that I purchased just after Parcells became the HC. I have warn it to every home game since - Regular Season and Playoffs. Needlesstosay, after all these years, it is in very bad shape from that considerable use, but I will continue to wear it until it just fades away.

sammi71 09-26-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_P_T (Post 1933993)
So is that "tedy" as in Bruschi or Victoria's Secret?

I walked into that one didnt I :D

It is the Bruschi jersey