Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83* (Post 2201467)
it really is a joke and something to chat about and expose the trolls from the ball busters

I'm not trolling.....but I'm definitely busting balls....I figured it's appropriate based on the constant discussion of balls
Posted via Mobile Device

TommyD420 01-21-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201468)
Tell me of an occasion when the ball handler was on film being watched. ...just admit that it's possible
Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't think it's possible with that much coverage. Especially with the CBS cameras there.

They certainly wouldn't egret catching the Patriots doing something underhanded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201473)
I'm not trolling.....but I'm definitely busting balls....I figured it's appropriate based on the constant discussion of balls
Posted via Mobile Device

As much as I egret to admit it, you're not trolling.

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Tell me of an occasion when the ball handler was on film being watched. ...just admit that it's possible
Posted via Mobile Device

47 + 18 = 65 high def cameras

plus more I am sure with the all 22 and news companies.

some where in the back ground is an image of the ball boy, not an owner, tampering with the ball.

Joe 01-21-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Not being watched, but it doesn't mean it isn't there on film. I don't think it's possible for someone to hide in plain sight with all the footballs, deflate them, and bring them back in, no. Sorry.

Steve-o 01-21-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83* (Post 2201460)
no it was reported he would over inflate and sometimes the air was let out

47 NFL films camera, 18 TV camera and countless others filming the fame on their phones and I bet each and every one of those countless people are looking for a ball being inflated to sell to TMZ

total BS and your BC prof is a colts fan and wrong.

If someone had a towel draped over a ball, deflating it underneath the towel, you could have a camera directly on him, and not notice. In reality, it would be the same towel drape, but he would be in the background, probably slightly blurred, as the camera focused on players or coaches. Cameras only see what the cameraman is looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device

king of kings 01-21-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83* (Post 2201476)
47 + 18 = 65 high def cameras

plus more I am sure with the all 22 and news companies.

some where in the back ground is an image of the ball boy, not an owner, tampering with the ball.

Kraft will make sure that ball boy never works in sports again ;).

ParanoidPatriot 01-21-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201473)
Posted via Mobile Device

right now, today, you are trolling.

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2201477)
Not being watched, but it doesn't mean it isn't there on film. I don't think it's possible for someone to hide in plain sight with all the footballs, deflate them, and bring them back in, no. Sorry.

ok, you just think it's possible, it is possible. It is not a winnable argument because we have different opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

Spentcartridge 01-21-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201478)
If someone had a towel draped over a ball, deflating it underneath the towel, you could have a camera directly on him, and not notice. In reality, it would be the same towel drape, but he would be in the background, probably slightly blurred, as the camera focused on players or coaches. Cameras only see what the cameraman is looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about security cameras? Where's the camera man?

Joe 01-21-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I would love to see 11 instances of wiping a ball down with a towel with a suspicious 2-5 second pause, with the guy's hand covered by a towel.

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidPatriot (Post 2201480)
right now, today, you are trolling.

No
Posted via Mobile Device

Claremonster 01-21-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

So, how do they see the gauge under the towel to know they've hit the magic 11psi?

PatsFan09 01-21-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201450)
Do you really think it would be that difficult to put a small pin into a ball unnoticed amongst all the people on the sidelines? And with all the keeping of balls under towels to keep them dry? Sounds all too easy to pull of, in retrospect, and no cameras are ever aimed at any ball boys.

The balls are in a bag until put into play.

So yeah , how hard would it be to avoid opening that bag, fishing around for each ball individually , find the hole, insert the pin, take out just enough air to have it "deflated", and not be noticed ?

Pretty damn hard, in my opinion.

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

all to exactly 11 psi? that is freaking awesome!!!

Beaglebay 01-21-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You seem to know an awful lot about how this could be done. Is that how Irsay smuggled his stash into the owners box?