Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe ;22 01449
There are cameras pointing at the field and sidelines ALL GAME LONG. What's there to argue?

No argument.....pats are right.....pats are always right.....nothing associated with the pats Will ever be wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaglebay 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201448)
There you have it...the pats fans have spoken......thank god the league blocks off all egret from the field into the tunnels during games
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an egret

http://0.tqn.com/d/animals/1/0/B/m/Reddish_Egret2.jpg

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201450)
Do you really think it would be that difficult to put a small pin into a ball unnoticed amongst all the people on the sidelines?

And with all the keeping of balls under towels to keep them dry?

Sounds all too easy to pull of, in retrospect, and no cameras are ever aimed at any ball boys.

Stop making sense....that doesn't fly here
Posted via Mobile Device

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201400)
You guys are making something out of the Rogers story that ain't there.

Rogers said he likes them overinflated.

You're missing the part that he's complaining because he doesn't get them.
Posted via Mobile Device

no it was reported he would over inflate and sometimes the air was let out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 2201450)
Do you really think it would be that difficult to put a small pin into a ball unnoticed amongst all the people on the sidelines?

And with all the keeping of balls under towels to keep them dry?

Sounds all too easy to pull of, in retrospect, and no cameras are ever aimed at any ball boys.

47 NFL films camera, 18 TV camera and countless others filming the fame on their phones and I bet each and every one of those countless people are looking for a ball being inflated to sell to TMZ

total BS and your BC prof is a colts fan and wrong.

HSanders 01-21-2015 10:50 AM

I'll agree that it could happen.
But I'd like to know why Harbaugh can be on an NFL Films televised clip screaming about how the Steelers chain gang moved the ball to be more fortuitous for them...and it's nothing.
The Brad Johnson thing happened under Tags, who understood the concept of gamesmanship as a separate issue from something that actually was big enough to affect the competitive balance (Capgate,Broncos).

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2201458)

Egress.....typing from my phone....figure it out....I'm sure Webster has a link you can find
Posted via Mobile Device

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2201458)

not much meat on those wings

Joe 01-21-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201457)
No argument.....pats are right.....pats are always right.....nothing associated with the pats Will ever be wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

Cut the bullshit and answer the question goofy. Where the hell is there to hide in an AFCCG with cameras and microphones for NFL films and the game AND for film study are literally pointing at the field throughout the entire game? Are you arguing that the ball boy grabbed all 11 balls at once and brought them inside, deflated them, and brought them back out (or one at a time, not the point)? Or that someone snuck into the referee's locker room and deflated the balls and climbed back out through the ventilation system?

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 2201461)
I'll agree that it could happen.
But I'd like to know why Harbaugh can be on an NFL Films televised clip screaming about how the Steelers chain gang moved the ball to be more fortuitous for them...and it's nothing.
The Brad Johnson thing happened under Tags, who understood the concept of gamesmanship as a separate issue from something that actually was big enough to affect the competitive balance (Capgate,Broncos).

Of course it can happen....but who gives a shit....this whole thing is a joke....I just love the conspiracy theories
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaglebay 01-21-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201462)
Egress.....typing from my phone....figure it out....I'm sure Webster has a link you can find
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh...thanks!

http://i1.ytimg.com/sh/HBk420l-eZ8/s...jpg?v=5016d82b

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstream1066 (Post 2201465)
Of course it can happen....but who gives a shit....this whole thing is a joke....I just love the conspiracy theories
Posted via Mobile Device

it really is a joke and something to chat about and expose the trolls from the ball busters

jetstream1066 01-21-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2201464)
Cut the bullshit and answer the question goofy. Where the hell is there to hide in an AFCCG with cameras and microphones for NFL films and the game AND for film study are literally pointing at the field throughout the entire game? Are you arguing that the ball boy grabbed all 11 balls at once and brought them inside, deflated them, and brought them back out (or one at a time, not the point)? Or that someone snuck into the referee's locker room and deflated the balls and climbed back out through the ventilation system?

Tell me of an occasion when the ball handler was on film being watched. ...just admit that it's possible
Posted via Mobile Device

INPatFan 01-21-2015 10:54 AM

Is it also true that the balls are supposed to checked a second time, during the half-time break? I heard that, but not sure it is accurate.

NSPatsFan 01-21-2015 10:54 AM

In the immortal words of Jim Lahey from Trailer Park Boys:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tl8sayb5D7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dwight Schrute 01-21-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 2201381)
Next season the NFL will provide all regulation balls... just watch.

Nope.

Every decision over the last 15+ years has been for INCREASED scoring. What better manner to increase scoring than having the ball feel right in the QBs hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spentcartridge (Post 2201392)
In my view, which doesn't mean squat, the easiest way for the NFL to get from under this, is to make a statement saying that the Rules committee will look at this rule and evaluate if there needs to be a change.
Maybe leave it up to each team as to how many PSIs of air gets into their respective balls.
Within certain parameters of course. No, Not between their legs :) but between lets say, 9PSI and 14 Psi. Or something like this.

I think you're more on track, though I think the inflation requirements won't vary that greatly.

I think the NFL has to step up for ownership of this in their finding statement. Upon further investigation the league did not realize how varied and often the manipulation of the game ball for the offense has been and continues to be. The Competition Committee will address this in the off season and further guidelines will be established if need be. As for the SB, we'll strictly follow the letter of the law as it's written now. Clearly 1 team is under the microscope in this current investigation, but it is a league wide issue as more and more information has and continues to come to light.