Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deec77 (Post 2201366)
Not to mention that that would only boost the theory that the weather does indeed have a bearing on the ball weight.:shrug:

~Dee~

hot heavy balls in the heat

cold shriveled up balls in the cold



as I said a few years ago a friend pumped his kids Christmas gift bike tires up in the garage, brought it in and the tire popped. Bike went from below freezing to being near the pellet stove but the idea that air pressure changes with weather is true.

If I am the pats I pump them up in the sauna to 12.5 psi and have them checked quickly so they soften up as the balls cool.

Newbologist 01-21-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe (Post 2201357)
nfl.com is reporting the patriots are more than likely going to be disqualified from the sb. Fvck.

:4321:

bideau 01-21-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaglebay (Post 2201372)
Shrinkage and deflation? Guys have it tough :coffee:

We have pills for that.

king of kings 01-21-2015 10:08 AM

This is why I like NFL network. They still talking about football. Not the pats cheating . Instead of ESPN calling them cheaters , liers & Belichick will do anything to break the rules

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 10:10 AM

This ballgate issue has me blown away...

mooseontheloose 01-21-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king of kings (Post 2201378)
This is why I like NFL network. They still talking about football. Not the pats cheating . Instead of ESPN calling them cheaters , liers & Belichick will do anything to break the rules

Really? I imagine Marshall Faulk blew his load a few times when this story broke.

dred 01-21-2015 10:12 AM

Next season the NFL will provide all regulation balls... just watch.

deec77 01-21-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriots pam (Post 2201368)
Where are you "hearing" this? I haven't seen any media reports at all yet about whether the Colts balls were even tested, nevermind if the PSI was correct or not, and I have been looking.

Well now if they had tested the balls being at the high end at the beginning of the game then at half time being at the low end of the spectrum still within the legal limited……….. that in and of itself would be prove it was the weather. Now did they, don't know, were they supposed to yes. The fact that no one seems to be mentioning this…………..well I'll let you jump to your own conclusion as to why no one is reporting it.o:-)

~Dee~

jetsknicks1 01-21-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriots pam (Post 2201368)
Where are you "hearing" this? I haven't seen or heard any media reports at all yet about whether the Colts balls were even tested, nevermind if the PSI was correct or not, and I have been looking.

It was mentioned a couple times on Mike & Mike this morning. As I noted in my post this is all based on "If the reports are true". The NFL hasnt commented one way or the other yet so all any of us have to go on is hearsay and so called leaked reports.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaglebay 01-21-2015 10:12 AM

NE will trounce the Seahawks in the SB. Seattle will be too busy checking out NE's balls.

patriots pam 01-21-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 (Post 2201383)
It was mentioned a couple times on Mike & Mike this morning. As I noted in my post this is all based on "If the reports are true". The NFL hasnt commented one way or the other yet so all any of us have to go on is hearsay and so called leaked reports.
Posted via Mobile Device

I see. Just speculation on Mike and Mike by whoever. Well, in that case, the Colts balls were also not properly inflated in accordance with league rules. You heard it here first. :coffee:

TommyD420 01-21-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 2201381)
Next season the NFL will provide all regulation balls... just watch.

It's probably how it should be anyway. The whole practice of doctoring balls is just stupid.

PatsFanLisa 01-21-2015 10:16 AM

The NFL person that leaked this report without definitive answers should be fired.

Spentcartridge 01-21-2015 10:16 AM

In my view, which doesn't mean squat, the easiest way for the NFL to get from under this, is to make a statement saying that the Rules committee will look at this rule and evaluate if there needs to be a change.
Maybe leave it up to each team as to how many PSIs of air gets into their respective balls.
Within certain parameters of course. No, Not between their legs :) but between lets say, 9PSI and 14 Psi. Or something like this.

deec77 01-21-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83* (Post 2201374)
hot heavy balls in the heat

cold shriveled up balls in the cold



as I said a few years ago a friend pumped his kids Christmas gift bike tires up in the garage, brought it in and the tire popped. Bike went from below freezing to being near the pellet stove but the idea that air pressure changes with weather is true.

If I am the pats I pump them up in the sauna to 12.5 psi and have them checked quickly so they soften up as the balls cool.

Exactly. Just like Rogers inflates his beyond the legal limit:shrug:

~Dee~


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.