Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

Joe 01-21-2015 09:41 AM

But even still, are we just to assume the cheating Patriots did it if it rules out the referees and weather? This isn't a game of fvcking Guess Who. Show me the proof or gtfo

Claremonster 01-21-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2201326)
Had a lot of respect for Mike Reiss, but he's saying the Patriots should be held accountable without even knowing the full story yet. 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were deflated--THAT'S ALL WE KNOW. We don't know if the referees gave it a thumbs up without checking the footballs, we don't know if they were legally at 12.5 PSI and dropped to 11 or whatever throughout the game, we don't even know if some mysterious ball-goblin was sneaking around the sidelines with an invisibility cloak deflating footballs while nobody was watching. I'm a little bit pissed at the Patriots for this, but I will wait until I hear the full story before I turn my back on them

We don't even know if the 11 out of 12 thing is even true.

EasyBigFella 01-21-2015 09:43 AM

Mike and Mike just said the balls that were underinflated were inflated to proper PSI levels at halftime.

Also, they said the temperature drop (15 degrees) would/could result in a football dropping 17% in PSI over a two hour period, so there's that.

imapig 01-21-2015 09:44 AM

Jim Irsay is all smiles, but his chin has really deflated with age...
Doing drugs will do that.

http://i2.bebo.com/042/14/mediuml/20...74589600ml.jpg

imapig 01-21-2015 09:47 AM

Maybe if the ball was inflated properly Dayquil Jackson would have drop that int...

TommyD420 01-21-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyGlumFella (Post 2201339)
Mike and Mike just said the balls that were underinflated were inflated to proper PSI levels at halftime.

Also, they said the temperature drop (15 degrees) would/could result in a football dropping 17% in PSI over a two hour period, so there's that.

- Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Punt, Punt.

- Punt, Interception, Punt, Interception, Punt, End of Game.

For reference, the Patriots 2nd Half drives in Indy in November:

Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, End of Game.

Must be the balls. :coffee:

benhamean 01-21-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Over 2 fekkin' ounces, innit?

Wow, this is hysterical in many senses.

imapig 01-21-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyD420 (Post 2201344)
- Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Punt, Punt.

- Punt, Interception, Punt, Interception, Punt, End of Game.

For reference, the Patriots 2nd Half drives in Indy in November:

Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, End of Game.

Must be the balls. :coffee:

Its a good thing the refs inflated them or Brady may have thrown more INT's..:coffee:

king of kings 01-21-2015 09:51 AM

2 rushing TD's & 2 passing TD's in the 2nd half. Pats just destroyed them running the ball own there throat. Indy moved the ball once beyond the 50 before it was int.

EasyBigFella 01-21-2015 09:52 AM

Naturally:

"In addition, CBS Sports reported late Tuesday the Ravens also suspected balls had been under-inflated in their loss to the Patriots in the divisional playoff game at Gillette Stadium" - Today's globe

jetsknicks1 01-21-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

This sounds good but the balls the Colts provided were out in the same weather but from everything I hear, they were inflated to the proper Psi. Could part of the reason be that the Pats were on offense much more than the Colts, therefore the balls they provided were more "Used"?, sure, I could see that. The fact (if the reports are true), that 91% of the balls brought by the Pats were under inflated, makes that a little harder to accept.
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe 01-21-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 (Post 2201351)
This sounds good but the balls the Colts provided were out in the same weather but from everything I hear, they were inflated to the proper Psi. Could part of the reason be that the Pats were on offense much more than the Colts, therefore the balls they provided were more "Used"?, sure, I could see that. The fact (if the reports are true), that 91% of the balls brought by the Pats were under inflated, makes that a little harder to accept.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or that the Colts' balls weren't inflated at 12.5 at game time like the Pats' were.

PatrietteAz 01-21-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyGlumFella (Post 2201292)
Being caught using balls out of the PSI zone is only a $25k fine per the NFL (the lowest of their fines). I'ts the Pats so the Michael Wilbons of the world get to have a field day.

Do you have a link to this in the rule book by any chance? Thanks

benhamean 01-21-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 (Post 2201351)
Posted via Mobile Device

The Patriot's balls were slapping the Colt's ass. That is the only explanation

fulltilt 01-21-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

So the ball would over inflate due to a temperature rise in a 2 hour period somewhere like say Miami?