Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

bideau 01-21-2015 07:05 AM

Sigh.....

The NFL has a mess on their hands for what is a very minor issue. What they probably already know by now is that every team submits balls that suit their QBs, whether that means under inflation, over inflation (hello Aaron Rodgers :hello: ), or somewhere in between. What they're probably discovering is that the ref's have been slacking in their job and letting these go through.

According to Reiss, the balls are checked before the game and again at halftime. The league has to explain how the halftime check didn't find an issue and how officials who handle the balls on every single play didn't noticed an under inflated ball (the Colts bitched in the 1st half).

But the Pats wear the black hats in the league and therefore they're the fall guys. Unless they come out and state that their referees have not been properly checking balls, then they need a sacrificial lamb.

If the league does the right thing, they'll clearly state that this is an institutional issue and it's on the NFL and their refs. But we know Goodell will not do that.

Hawg73 01-21-2015 07:17 AM

I want to know exactly why that 12th ball wasn't properly deflated.

It's attention to detail while cheating that made this franchise great and somebody apparently isn't doing their job.

I think we assigned some high school kid with the task of removing a pound and a half of air from each of those balls while nobody was looking and the kid lost count. There were 12 balls on your list, kid. Not 11, not 13. Phucking 12.

We should launch our own internal investigation.

KrustyTheClown 01-21-2015 07:17 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jfep.gif

PatrietteAz 01-21-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg73 (Post 2201185)
I want to know exactly why that 12th ball wasn't properly deflated.

It's attention to detail while cheating that made this franchise great and somebody apparently isn't doing their job.

I think we assigned some high school kid with the task of removing a pound and a half of air from each of those balls while nobody was looking and the kid lost count. There were 12 balls on your list, kid. Not 11, not 13. Phucking 12.

We should launch our own internal investigation.

I've thought this too.:) The fact that the balls were checked at beginning and half time of game is huge and better not be overlooked. This is all so surreal and..

O.Z.O. 01-21-2015 07:27 AM

Something stinks here, really stinks-

The zebras have the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff, and then inspect them again at halftime AND at the end of the game (is that right?). I'm supposed to believe that the balls were inflated properly, and then some teenage kid was charged with letting air out of them...on the sidelines...of an NFL conference championship game...in front of 70,000 people in the stadium...and over 50 cameras...and however many 10s of millions watching on TV...and nobody saw this...

bullshit

I have a 17 year old son. He can barely piss in the toilet, let alone pull off something like this. The zebras phucked up here, and now the issue is how long has stuff like this been going on?

PatsFanLisa 01-21-2015 07:36 AM

So each team has 12 balls to submit for testing prior to the game. Were the other team's balls checked at halftime, also?

And the Ravens have checked in, claiming that their kicking balls were under-inflated last week.

PatrietteAz 01-21-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2201192)
So each team has 12 balls to submit for testing prior to the game. Were the other team's balls checked at halftime, also?

And the Ravens have checked in, claiming that their kicking balls were under-inflated last week.

The Ravens thing is so transparent, Marshall Faulk will pipe in soon too.

mikiemo83 01-21-2015 07:41 AM

inflate this
https://lisafoxromance.files.wordpre...rab_female.jpg

I do not care, this is a non factor and is only a big deal because the haters hate. screw it I would push every freaking limit I could.... so again Mr. Goodell, all you haters, you clowns I say .....INFLATE THIS!!!!

PatrietteAz 01-21-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2201194)
inflate this
https://lisafoxromance.files.wordpre...rab_female.jpg

I do not care, this is a non factor and is only a big deal because the haters hate. screw it I would push every freaking limit I could.... so again Mr. Goodell, all you haters, you clowns I say .....INFLATE THIS!!!!

Now we are talking!

ParanoidPatriot 01-21-2015 07:47 AM

I tell you what really pisses me off today. The NFL is doing an "investigation". The investigation is not over but somehow the partial story gets leaked to the press. So, until the full "investigation" is over, everyone runs with partial information and draws conclusions based on the leaked information.

No matter what the ultimate findings are, the ones who hate the Patriots will take this little leaked nugget and use it for years to come.:cuss: F the NFL and their "investigation".

Goodell should start another investigation to find out who leaked this partial information and fire their ass on the spot.

Darth Despot 01-21-2015 07:47 AM

I am guessing this will be an unpopular opinion, but it's an opinion.

I'm angry this morning. Not at the Colts, or the league or the Mediots. I'm angry with Bill. This team is way too good for this stupidity but BB continues to bury himself in a pile of shit (I don't think for half a heartbeat that any individual in that organization would cut a silent fart without BB's knowledge and permission).

The team I've been following since I was 6 years old is going to it's 6th super bowl in 14 years and I feel....deflated.

So Bill, cut the shit, neither you nor your team need to find little "edges" along the margins. I don't care if it makes you feel like you're pulling one over on the league or the other team.

Start acting like the football genius we've been telling you you are for the last decade and a half. Grow up.

ParanoidPatriot 01-21-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benign Despot (Post 2201203)

I'm angry this morning. Not at the Colts, or the league or the Mediots. I'm angry with Bill. This team is way too good for this stupidity but BB continues to bury himself in a pile of shit (I don't think for half a heartbeat that any individual in that organization would cut a silent fart without BB's knowledge and permission).

The team I've been following since I was 6 years old is going to it's 6th super bowl in 14 years and I feel....deflated.

So Bill, cut the shit, neither you nor your team need to find little "edges" along the margins. I don't care if it makes you feel like you're pulling one over on the league or the other team.

Start acting like the football genius we've been telling you you are for the last decade and a half. Grow up.

http://www.wertel.pro/wp-content/upl...usions-mat.jpg

PatrietteAz 01-21-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidPatriot (Post 2201202)
I tell you what really pisses me off today. The NFL is doing an "investigation". The investigation is not over but somehow the partial story gets leaked to the press. So, until the full "investigation" is over, everyone runs with partial information and draws conclusions based on the leaked information.

No matter what the ultimate findings are, the ones who hate the Patriots will take this little leaked nugget and use it for years to come.:cuss: F the NFL and their "investigation".

Goodell should start another investigation to find out who leaked this partial information and fire their ass on the spot.

Are you still under an impression that this country believes in innocent til proven guilty anymore? Cmon.. the justice is all done on TV and we are no better than the French system of "guilty til proven innocent".

Also I really want answers about the refs process in this all it is THEY keystone for me and why its ok for other teams to have messed with inflation just this year but only because they aren't going to the Super Bowl?

Grumpy_Bottom 01-21-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benign Despot (Post 2201203)

Honestly, I doubt this is a BB thing as much as it is an "officials are tacitly ok with letting QB's set their own balls pressures" thing as per the Aaron Rogers interview, the college equipment manager article, et al. Officials have allowed this kind of thing to go on for years where each QB tells each ball boy what they want, and the ball boys then prep the balls, the officials check them before the game to make sure they aren't totally goofy, and let them play. The ways and times in which balls are measured pre-game and in-game and the fact that the officials felt these balls throughout the course of the game and did nothing until Random Consonants Jackson called his equipment manager makes me feel pretty confident in this. The media frenzy is BS, it should have been shut down immediately with the history of other articles out there laughing about this very same thing, but it's the patriots, so haterz gon' hate.

Ryan91 01-21-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 2201192)

That's nothing to do with the Pats, Kicking balls are shared by both teams, and are fresh out of the box for each game, if anyone is to blame it's either the league, or the manufacturer.

EDIT: Has anyone given thought to the possibility that by sheer chance the Pats have received a bad batch of balls? Although it's unlikely, nothing can be ruled out until the "investigation" is completed.