Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69304)

mikiemo83 01-22-2015 01:45 PM

you seem to like hearing athletes misremember stuff.

Annihilus 01-22-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2202624)
I agree. Could be wrong but since no laws were broken (and I doubt congress is going to get involved because the whole of New England has too many electoral votes), the NFL without the benefit of subpoena power will find a dead end. Speculation of how the balls got deflated will run rampant up to the Super Bowl but once the game is over interest in the issue will die a swift death.

Then just like you said, the NFL will come out with new rules for the management of game balls next year and that will be it.

Unless they break the ball boy, because I doubt anyone else it dumb enough to talk.

LOL, you just brought Congress into the discussion?

That's pretty much the death knell for what credibility you may have had around these parts. Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

chevss454 01-22-2015 01:53 PM

Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice told Jim Rome that he believes the New England Patriots should have an asterisk next to their name if they win next Sunday’s Super Bowl because of deflategate.

And he's an expert because he's the goat WR so we have to believe what he says is gospel.

:facepalm:

chevss454 01-22-2015 01:56 PM

Jason Cole says multiple GMs and coaches want stiff penalties for the Pats.

http://profootballzone.com/afc-2/afc...ties-patriots/

rofl

anderson 01-22-2015 01:57 PM

If I were a competing GM, I would definitely yell for harsh penalties for the Pats as well.

Jaric 01-22-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2202629)
LOL, you just brought Congress into the discussion?

That's pretty much the death knell for what credibility you may have had around these parts. Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

I fully support congressional intervention into this matter.

(It would give them something productive to do.)

anderson 01-22-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.
Are they going to force Green Bay to renew Mike's contract for 15+ years as punishment for Rodgers' transgressions?

Marginmn 01-22-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2202629)
LOL, you just brought Congress into the discussion?

That's pretty much the death knell for what credibility you may have had around these parts. Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

it's called sarcasm, Point being that 1.5 PSI missing out of some balls is not big deal - it isn't like the steroid issue where the real law can get involved.

As I said, no one has to say chit to the NFL because they face no legal repercussion for not spilling the beans. And the NFL isn't going to put the ball boy under the lights - that was sarcasm too.

No one is going to talk so the NFL isn't going to find out what happened to the 1.5 psi. As everybody knows, no one clams up better than the New England-er.

PatsFanLisa 01-22-2015 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marginmn (Post 2202636)
it's called sarcasm, point being that 1.5 psi missing out of some balls is not big deal - it isn't like the steroid issue where the real law can get involved.

As i said, no one has to say chit to the nfl because they face no legal repercussion for not spilling the beans. And the nfl isn't going to put the ball boy under the lights - that was sarcasm too.

No one is going to talk so the nfl isn't going to find out what happened to the 1.5 psi. As everybody knows, no one clams up better than the new england-er.

.
Attachment 94894

Annihilus 01-22-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2202636)
it's called sarcasm, Point being that 1.5 PSI missing out of some balls is not big deal - it isn't like the steroid issue where the real law can get involved.

As I said, no one has to say chit to the NFL because they face no legal repercussion for not spilling the beans. And the NFL isn't going to put the ball boy under the lights - that was sarcasm too.

No one is going to talk so the NFL isn't going to find out what happened to the 1.5 psi. As everybody knows, no one clams up better than the New England-er.

I believe that there may be a book or two out there that instruct folks such as yourself in the most efficient ways to benefit from the correct use of sarcasm.

You should look into that. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

Dwight Schrute 01-22-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2202602)
Per the article and numerous reports they tested the balls submitted by both teams hours before the game and they all check out. In response to the allegations from the Ravens and Colts they took the extra step of checking all the balls at halftime. Upon finding ball after ball deflated, the Refs had no choice but to inspect every ball and make sure they were all inflated to proper specs. That took some time - hence the delay after halftime.

IMO the NFL did what was reasonable given that prior to the game it was just an allegation (if those reports are even accurate) short of hiring a security team to guard the balls like they were the Atomic bomb launch codes.

Yeah. Or, just place the balls in 1 big rolling bin with an intern in front and a lo-def camera monitoring. Net cost? Almost nothing. Snark-snark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2202631)
Jason Cole says multiple GMs and coaches want stiff penalties for the Pats.

http://profootballzone.com/afc-2/afc...ties-patriots/

rofl

Of course they do. How else do you expect them to close the gap?

Marginmn 01-22-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 2202642)
I believe that there may be a book or two out there that instruct folks such as yourself in the most efficient ways to benefit from the correct use of sarcasm.

You should look into that. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

Lesson learned. When you have a pissed-off fan base looking to tar-and-feather even those making logical conclusions based on the available facts, be careful using even over-the-top statements in jest because they may be taken literally by said pissed-off fans.

chevss454 01-22-2015 02:30 PM

If anyone on the Pats gets punished I hope BB tells all he knows on the transgressions of other teams starting with the Ravens and Jets. It's time.

Claremonster 01-22-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2202646)
Lesson learned. When you have a pissed-off fan base looking to tar-and-feather even those making logical conclusions based on the available facts, be careful using even over-the-top statements in jest because they may be taken literally by said pissed-off fans.

This is, of course, assume they are actually making logical conclusions based on the available facts.

I'm guessing that is the part you screwed up.

Joe 01-22-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2202646)
Lesson learned. When you have a pissed-off fan base looking to tar-and-feather even those making logical conclusions based on the available facts, be careful using even over-the-top statements in jest because they may be taken literally by said pissed-off fans.

What are these facts, oh great nostradumbass??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.