Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!" (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76418)

bideau 04-06-2020 11:20 AM

New York is reporting it's 2nd day of level admissions, hoping that it may be a sign that the apex has been reached and the curve is bending. My son lives in the heart of Brooklyn, so I'm certainly hoping that there may be an end in sight there.

Dwight Schrute 04-06-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2642842)
It appears that COVID 19 in cats is a very mild infection, at least so far.

Cats have been vaccinated for corona viruses for over 50 years. The common feline distemper vacc has a corona virus in it although in cats, that corona causes diarrhea. Cats are susceptible to another corona virus that causes FIP (feline infectious peritonitis) which has a high mortality rate. Dogs are known to get 3 diff corona viruses & have also been vaccinated for over 50 years for 1 that also causes diarrhea. Another corona virus in dogs can cause pulmonary signs and is related to kennel cough. The common kennel cough vacc for dogs is not related to corona virus. It's for a bacteria related to whooping cough of people, Bordetella bronchiseptica vs B. pertussis in people. Antibiotics (doxycycline) clear that up quickly which may be where some got the doxy treatment as a treatment for COVID 19. It doesn't work for COVID 19.

It's not known if COVID 19 can be transmitted from pets to people. During the SARS outbreak from China (again) Civet cats were known to become infected and were sold in Chinese markets for food. SARS was bad enough but now SARS-COVID 19 is more pathogenic. Yeah, they are related and I will believe until proven otherwise that the Chinese government has been developing viruses useful for germ warfare. This one got away from them just as the SARS virus did. Screw the bat theory.

Agree.

BostonTim 04-06-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642843)
New York is reporting it's 2nd day of level admissions, hoping that it may be a sign that the apex has been reached and the curve is bending. My son lives in the heart of Brooklyn, so I'm certainly hoping that there may be an end in sight there.

Knock on wood

Cheers

BostonTim 04-06-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2642794)
Well, Boston's own Matt Damon is holed up here in Dublin. He was shooting a movie and fortunately, his family are with him. He's been seeing jogging in Dalkey with his New England Patriots T-Shirt on. A loyal fan!

Wonderful for him. And the green is out in full regalia. love April, May. And Dalkey is is not Ballymun.

Roberto71 04-07-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2642855)
Wonderful for him. And the green is out in full regalia. love April, May. And Dalkey is is not Ballymun.

it certainly isn't. There's gorgeous views from Dalkey/Killiney Hill.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vZu5V9A-0...As/s1600/1.jpg

Dwight Schrute 04-07-2020 07:42 AM

Beautiful

Roberto71 04-07-2020 09:15 AM

It's only 8 miles from the city centre. There's some lovely areas on the coast.

Dwight Schrute 04-07-2020 09:41 AM

Been to England 3 trips. Never made it to Ireland or Scotland.

Both on bucket list.

Roberto71 04-07-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2642944)
Been to England 3 trips. Never made it to Ireland or Scotland.

Both on bucket list.

Good to hear, you'll enjoy it.

O.Z.O. 04-07-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2642853)
Knock on wood

Cheers

today makes 3.

Joolz 04-07-2020 11:37 AM

Once again, Big Papi- "This is our city"

Link

bideau 04-07-2020 11:44 AM

Yes, there's now more hope that NY has hit the plateau. The deaths will likely rise for a few more days which is a reflection of those who were admitted to ICU last week. But there is hope.

The fast tests are quickly arriving at testing sites. Mass and RI now have several sites using them. I wouldn't be surprised to see a spike in the next couple of days as the slower test results are released along side the fast ones. More tests results equal more positives.

Spain and Italy have hit the plateau and Spain may be beginning the down slope.

bideau 04-13-2020 02:48 PM

Small businesses providing urgently needed PPE:

Lawrence company to make 1 million isolation gowns (April 13)

Quote:

A Lawrence-based active wear company spent the last week reconfiguring its work space to safely produce one million level-one isolation gowns for the medical community, Gov. Charlie Baker said in his Monday briefing.

The company, 99Degrees, runs under a 150-person team, CEO and founder Brenna Schneider said.

It wasn’t until mid-March, she said, that she understood the gravity of the virus and began making contingency plans.

“I felt a responsibility to put our manufacturing model to work,” Schneider said. “We began looking into how to make masks.”

Now, the factory is working to make FDA-approved personal protective equipment.

Schneider said normally it would take about six to 18 months to develop a new product, but this time, they came up with the regulations for isolation gowns within three weeks.

“It goes without saying that I am most thankful to the medical professionals and first responders who are putting themselves and their families at risk for our communities,” she said. “On behalf of Massachusetts manufacturers I assure you that we are doing everything within our power to keep you safe.”

The partnership between 99Degrees and the state came about through Massachusetts’ PPE Procurement and Donation Program, Baker said, which streamlines the process of adapting local businesses to produce PPE.

Baker said after the program launched, they heard from about 400 manufacturers, 260 of which are based in Mass.

To name a few, he said Formlabs in Somerville is 3D printing diagnostic swabs, while Merrow Manufacturing based in Fall River is making gowns, and New Balance, headquartered in Boston, is making shoe coverings, gowns, and masks.

Even Lovepop in Boston, which normally produces greeting cards, is contributing face shields, gowns, coveralls, hoods, and shoe coverings.

The Baker administration also announced a new initiative Monday, the Manufacturing Emergency Response Team (MERT).

MERT will provide $10.6 million in funding to support manufacturers’ efforts to pivot their production operations and produce personal protective equipment alongside other gear like ventilators, sanitizers, and thermometers, according to a press release.

Companies hoping to join the effort can apply for grants through an online form.

In addition to MERT’s funding, MassTech and Advanced Functional Fabrics of America will offer $5.6 million in funds through the Massachusetts Manufacturing Innovation Institute program.

Another $4 million is available through the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center.

Baker said as the battle for more PPE continues, the state’s command center will release a daily summary on PPE distribution.

As of Sunday, 26,650 N95 masks had been distributed to Mass. hospitals, according to the summary.

BostonTim 04-13-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2644039)
Small businesses providing urgently needed PPE:

Lawrence company to make 1 million isolation gowns (April 13)

That's heroic. Good work!

Cheers

bideau 05-05-2020 05:28 PM

Tomorrow 5/6, F-15s will be doing flyovers above Mass hospitals. Below is the schedule if any of you are in the flight path. I think I'll be a bit too far south to see them.

Boston Convention and Exhibition Center: 12:15 p.m.
Partners Healthcare System: 12:15 p.m.
Brigham & Women’s Hospital: 12:15 p.m.
Framingham Union Hospital: 12:15 p.m.
DCU Center/ St. Vincent’s Hospital: 12:25 p.m.
UMass Memorial Medical Center: 12:25 p.m.
Mercy Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Baystate Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Holyoke Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Western Massachusetts Hospital: 12:40 p.m.
Baystate Nobel Hospital: 12:40 p.m.