Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!" (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76418)

bideau 03-27-2020 08:01 PM

Gov Cuomo has said that about 62,000 people in New York with medical experience, including retired doctors and nurses, have volunteered to help at the hospitals on the front lines.

Truly remarkable. True heroes.

HipKat 03-27-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotInIndy (Post 2641398)
I feel like the people hoarding everything they can from the grocery store are a different species. A human like species that is actively regressing instead of evolving.

The rest of us are not of the same ilk.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

+1 on that. After a week of stay at home in effect and before that a week+ of hoarding, there's still no Toilet paper or paper towels, ffs. I KNOW the shelves have been restocked in that time.

Thank GOD I'm a guy that lives alone and 6 pack of TP lasts like over a month.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2641739)
Gov Cuomo has said that about 62,000 people in New York with medical experience, including retired doctors and nurses, have volunteered to help at the hospitals on the front lines.

Truly remarkable. True heroes.

That's how New Yorkers roll!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

PatsFan09 03-27-2020 08:25 PM

Itís been an odd time . Iíve spent most of it with my children, with a few hours interspersed trying to cobble together an online teaching experience for my students , which will start on April 6th. We are currently on spring break, but of course who can tell.
Iíve taken great joy in seeing my kindergarten sonís reading take off. He reads remarkably well; Dr. Seuss is his author of choice at the moment.
He and I are just starting Latin. Duolingo for now, and some text books in a few weeks, I think.

No hoarding here, but I am disgusted at what many others are doing. My wife hasnít been able to find flour in weeks. People need to relax and continue to get their food supplies as they normally would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patswin 03-28-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2641676)
Just another reminder of how great humanity can be.

March 26 1953 Dr. Jonas Salk announces polio vaccine

I have a friend who contracted polio as a child. Lived in an iron lung for 3 years. He's quite an amazing character. He rides his motorcycle, and rides it long, long distances. He is also a tireless advocate for polio vaccinations as you might imagine.

https://www.modbee.com/latest-news/article3122349.html

Dwight Schrute 03-28-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFan09 (Post 2641744)
Itís been an odd time . Iíve spent most of it with my children, with a few hours interspersed trying to cobble together an online teaching experience for my students , which will start on April 6th. We are currently on spring break, but of course who can tell.
Iíve taken great joy in seeing my kindergarten sonís reading take off. He reads remarkably well; Dr. Seuss is his author of choice at the moment.
He and I are just starting Latin. Duolingo for now, and some text books in a few weeks, I think.

No hoarding here, but I am disgusted at what many others are doing. My wife hasnít been able to find flour in weeks. People need to relax and continue to get their food supplies as they normally would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine too!

But I have a hard time getting through Green Eggs & Ham without stopping and firing up the skillet.

chevss454 03-28-2020 07:20 AM

Abbott is set to market a fast point-of-care COVID-19 test, delivering positive results in 5min and negative results in 13min. Will deliver 50K tests/day to start. Kudos to Abbott Labs and to the Fed. govt for providing funds. Damn, that was fast.
In other news, Italy bought 650,000 of China's tests...they don't work. May have something to do with why the number of cases in China have been going down.

Dwight Schrute 03-28-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2641769)
Abbott is set to market a fast point-of-care COVID-19 test, delivering positive results in 5min and negative results in 13min. Will deliver 50K tests/day to start. Kudos to Abbott Labs and to the Fed. govt for providing funds. Damn, that was fast.
In other news, Italy bought 650,000 of China's tests...they don't work. May have something to do with why the number of cases in China have been going down.

Theyíre not going down. They stopped testing.

BostonTim 03-28-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2641764)
Mine too!

But I have a hard time getting through Green Eggs & Ham without stopping and firing up the skillet.

If your eggs are Green, people every where these days are raising chickens and selling eggs. I suggest you get a fressh carton. :coffee;

Cheers, :toast:

BradyGirl 03-28-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2641676)
Just another reminder of how great humanity can be.

March 26 1953 Dr. Jonas Salk announces polio vaccine

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-polio-vaccine

People forget that disease would sweep through periodically and there were often no cures. Polio was a very big deal, indeed, Salk and Sabin were practically miracle-workers.

johnlocke 03-28-2020 09:25 AM

Sir Isaac Newton was relegated to his home when the universities in England shut down during the Bubonic Plague.

He created some of the greatest formulations and ideas man had ever known to that point in history while quarantined.

A good life does not depend on the unchosen circumstances one finds themselves in.

It all depends on what you do with that life.

Time to rock this thing guys.

rivshark86 03-28-2020 11:44 AM

Great thread, Iíve been sharing these stories with family and friends. Thanks

johnlocke 03-28-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivshark86 (Post 2641799)
Great thread, Iíve been sharing these stories with family and friends. Thanks

wuv

king of kings 03-30-2020 02:20 PM

People have given into the fear . You can't say anything postive because it be drowned out in negatives posts

PatsChamps6x 03-30-2020 04:53 PM

Fantastic Thread! I applaud all the stories and efforts that exemplify our human spirit during this difficult time. We are such a powerful force for good in this country when we are united. Stay safe and keep the faith!

chevss454 04-01-2020 06:08 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUgnH1sX...g&name=900x900