Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!" (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76418)

johnlocke 03-24-2020 12:13 PM

America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!"

Please read.

The market will provide, always if we just let it and Americans are the most generous people I know.

Like this post says and I've been saying through this whole debacle

Hold my beer, we are Americans, we go this. :WUV:

"The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

You’ve got two Democrat Governors getting told “We will make it happen” by a Republican President who has fought with them for three and half years. While the media keeps repeating itself, “We are a nation divided.”

What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!

Sharing this from another FB friend We have wonderful country and an amazing God.

I know we will be ok .🇺🇸🙏🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸

#unitedwestand"

Mr.Pink 03-24-2020 02:47 PM

There may be Many different views, Beliefs, races, religions, and even agendas on how this country should be run.

But when staring in the face of disaster or any type of trouble Americans always come together when it’s time to unite and fight against the common enemy, no matter who or what that enemy may be.

We do have an amazing country with amazing people in it.

And yes most of all we do have an amazing God As Well :)

God Bless America. God Bless everyone!

johnlocke 03-24-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pink (Post 2641362)
There may be Many different views, Beliefs, races, religions, and even agendas on how this country should be run.

But when staring in the face of disaster or any type of trouble Americans always come together when it’s time to unite and fight against the common enemy, no matter who or what that enemy may be.

We do have an amazing country with amazing people in it.

And yes most of all we do have an amazing God As Well :)

God Bless America. God Bless everyone!

wuvwuvwuvwuv

PatriotInIndy 03-24-2020 04:31 PM

Quite a few great and amazing people out there! That much I wholeheartedly agree with.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

johnlocke 03-24-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotInIndy (Post 2641382)
Quite a few great and amazing people out there! That much I wholeheartedly agree with.

wuv

PatsFan09 03-24-2020 04:50 PM

America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!"

Moved to the PF in 3... 2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

johnlocke 03-24-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFan09 (Post 2641385)
Moved to the PF in 3... 2...

I truly hope this doesn't devolve to that level.

This post is about us as mankind and how much we can rock it.

I think this needs to be heard.

patswin 03-24-2020 05:18 PM

No need to move it if people can control themselves.

People are good and those I've encountered in the stores and what not have been very nice to one another.
A lot of people are patronizing the mom and pop restaurants here to keep them going. Today at lunch the owner of a place I frequent thanked a whole bunch of us for being there to grab lunch to go. There's two firemen down with the bug who responded to a medical call last weekend. People on FB are clamoring to help their families, bring them food, all sorts of stuff. Many good deeds being done.

The hoarders, well fuck them..LOL

AkPatsFan 03-24-2020 05:54 PM

I don't see any reason to move this thread either, nothing wrong with a feel good thread and wanting all Americans to come together to conquer this virus. The haters can make their own thread in the PF.

PatriotInIndy 03-24-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patswin (Post 2641391)
No need to move it if people can control themselves.

People are good and those I've encountered in the stores and what not have been very nice to one another.
A lot of people are patronizing the mom and pop restaurants here to keep them going. Today at lunch the owner of a place I frequent thanked a whole bunch of us for being there to grab lunch to go. There's two firemen down with the bug who responded to a medical call last weekend. People on FB are clamoring to help their families, bring them food, all sorts of stuff. Many good deeds being done.

The hoarders, well fuck them..LOL

I feel like the people hoarding everything they can from the grocery store are a different species. A human like species that is actively regressing instead of evolving.

The rest of us are not of the same ilk.

chevss454 03-25-2020 06:56 AM

Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, has tested positive for coronavirus. The prince’s Clarence House office says the 71-year-old is showing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and is self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland.
It says his wife Camilla has tested negative.
The palace says Charles “has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
https://www.wwlp.com/news/health/cor...ter_MonicaWWLP

BostonTim 03-25-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2641388)
I truly hope this doesn't devolve to that level.

This post is about us as mankind and how much we can rock it.

I think this needs to be heard.

Well if we move it, then those with different POV can proclaim:

"That's not true. We're totally screwed forever. And it's all Trumps fault."

But you are so right.

Not only have we come through and survived historically, but stubborn negativity is the main road to failure.

Great post.

Cheers

bideau 03-25-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2641440)
Well if we move it, then those with different POV can proclaim:

"That's not true. We're totally screwed forever. And it's all Trumps fault."

But you are so right.

Not only have we come through and survived historically, but stubborn negativity is the main road to failure.

Great post.

Cheers

Really?? You're not helping. What part of no politics are you not comprehending. My finger is on the button to move it if you want to persist.

And that goes for anyone no matter the viewpoint. Applaud the American spirit, leave the rest of the bullshit out of it.

BostonTim 03-25-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2641445)
Really?? You're not helping. What part of no politics are you not comprehending. My finger is on the button to move it if you want to persist.

And that goes for anyone no matter the viewpoint. Applaud the American spirit, leave the rest of the bullshit out of it.

ok

johnlocke 03-27-2020 10:54 AM

Just another reminder of how great humanity can be.

March 26 1953 Dr. Jonas Salk announces polio vaccine

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-polio-vaccine

Quote:

March 26
Dr. Jonas Salk announces polio vaccine
On March 26, 1953, American medical researcher Dr. Jonas Salk announces on a national radio show that he has successfully tested a vaccine against poliomyelitis, the virus that causes the crippling disease of polio. In 1952—an epidemic year for polio—there were 58,000 new cases reported in the United States, and more than 3,000 died from the disease. For promising eventually to eradicate the disease, which is known as “infant paralysis” because it mainly affects children, Dr. Salk was celebrated as the great doctor-benefactor of his time.

Polio, a disease that has affected humanity throughout recorded history, attacks the nervous system and can cause varying degrees of paralysis. Since the virus is easily transmitted, epidemics were commonplace in the first decades of the 20th century. The first major polio epidemic in the United States occurred in Vermont in the summer of 1894, and by the 20th century thousands were affected every year. In the first decades of the 20th century, treatments were limited to quarantines and the infamous “iron lung,” a metal coffin-like contraption that aided respiration. Although children, and especially infants, were among the worst affected, adults were also often afflicted, including future president Franklin D. Roosevelt, who in 1921 was stricken with polio at the age of 39 and was left partially paralyzed. Roosevelt later transformed his estate in Warm Springs, Georgia, into a recovery retreat for polio victims and was instrumental in raising funds for polio-related research and the treatment of polio patients.

Salk, born in New York City in 1914, first conducted research on viruses in the 1930s when he was a medical student at New York University, and during World War II helped develop flu vaccines. In 1947, he became head of a research laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh and in 1948 was awarded a grant to study the polio virus and develop a possible vaccine. By 1950, he had an early version of his polio vaccine.

Salk’s procedure, first attempted unsuccessfully by American Maurice Brodie in the 1930s, was to kill several strains of the virus and then inject the benign viruses into a healthy person’s bloodstream. The person’s immune system would then create antibodies designed to resist future exposure to poliomyelitis. Salk conducted the first human trials on former polio patients and on himself and his family, and by 1953 was ready to announce his findings. This occurred on the CBS national radio network on the evening of March 25 and two days later in an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Dr. Salk became an immediate celebrity.

READ MORE: 8 Things You May Not Know About Jonas Salk and the Polio Vaccine

In 1954, clinical trials using the Salk vaccine and a placebo began on nearly two million American schoolchildren. In April 1955, it was announced that the vaccine was effective and safe, and a nationwide inoculation campaign began. Shortly thereafter, tragedy struck in the Western and mid-Western United States, when more than 200,000 people were injected with a defective vaccine manufactured at Cutter Laboratories of Berkeley, California. Thousands of polio cases were reported, 200 children were left paralyzed and 10 died.

The incident delayed production of the vaccine, but new polio cases dropped to under 6,000 in 1957, the first year after the vaccine was widely available. In 1962, an oral vaccine developed by Polish-American researcher Albert Sabin became available, greatly facilitating distribution of the polio vaccine. Today, there are just a handful of polio cases in the United States every year, and most of these are “imported” by Americans from developing nations where polio is still a problem. Among other honors, Jonas Salk was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977. He died in La Jolla, California, in 1995.

bideau 03-27-2020 08:01 PM

Gov Cuomo has said that about 62,000 people in New York with medical experience, including retired doctors and nurses, have volunteered to help at the hospitals on the front lines.

Truly remarkable. True heroes.

HipKat 03-27-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotInIndy (Post 2641398)
I feel like the people hoarding everything they can from the grocery store are a different species. A human like species that is actively regressing instead of evolving.

The rest of us are not of the same ilk.

+1 on that. After a week of stay at home in effect and before that a week+ of hoarding, there's still no Toilet paper or paper towels, ffs. I KNOW the shelves have been restocked in that time.

Thank GOD I'm a guy that lives alone and 6 pack of TP lasts like over a month.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2641739)
Gov Cuomo has said that about 62,000 people in New York with medical experience, including retired doctors and nurses, have volunteered to help at the hospitals on the front lines.

Truly remarkable. True heroes.

That's how New Yorkers roll!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

PatsFan09 03-27-2020 08:25 PM

It’s been an odd time . I’ve spent most of it with my children, with a few hours interspersed trying to cobble together an online teaching experience for my students , which will start on April 6th. We are currently on spring break, but of course who can tell.
I’ve taken great joy in seeing my kindergarten son’s reading take off. He reads remarkably well; Dr. Seuss is his author of choice at the moment.
He and I are just starting Latin. Duolingo for now, and some text books in a few weeks, I think.

No hoarding here, but I am disgusted at what many others are doing. My wife hasn’t been able to find flour in weeks. People need to relax and continue to get their food supplies as they normally would.

patswin 03-28-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2641676)

I have a friend who contracted polio as a child. Lived in an iron lung for 3 years. He's quite an amazing character. He rides his motorcycle, and rides it long, long distances. He is also a tireless advocate for polio vaccinations as you might imagine.

https://www.modbee.com/latest-news/article3122349.html

Dwight Schrute 03-28-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFan09 (Post 2641744)
It’s been an odd time . I’ve spent most of it with my children, with a few hours interspersed trying to cobble together an online teaching experience for my students , which will start on April 6th. We are currently on spring break, but of course who can tell.
I’ve taken great joy in seeing my kindergarten son’s reading take off. He reads remarkably well; Dr. Seuss is his author of choice at the moment.
He and I are just starting Latin. Duolingo for now, and some text books in a few weeks, I think.

No hoarding here, but I am disgusted at what many others are doing. My wife hasn’t been able to find flour in weeks. People need to relax and continue to get their food supplies as they normally would.

Mine too!

But I have a hard time getting through Green Eggs & Ham without stopping and firing up the skillet.

chevss454 03-28-2020 07:20 AM

Abbott is set to market a fast point-of-care COVID-19 test, delivering positive results in 5min and negative results in 13min. Will deliver 50K tests/day to start. Kudos to Abbott Labs and to the Fed. govt for providing funds. Damn, that was fast.
In other news, Italy bought 650,000 of China's tests...they don't work. May have something to do with why the number of cases in China have been going down.

Dwight Schrute 03-28-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2641769)
Abbott is set to market a fast point-of-care COVID-19 test, delivering positive results in 5min and negative results in 13min. Will deliver 50K tests/day to start. Kudos to Abbott Labs and to the Fed. govt for providing funds. Damn, that was fast.
In other news, Italy bought 650,000 of China's tests...they don't work. May have something to do with why the number of cases in China have been going down.

They’re not going down. They stopped testing.

BostonTim 03-28-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2641764)
Mine too!

But I have a hard time getting through Green Eggs & Ham without stopping and firing up the skillet.

If your eggs are Green, people every where these days are raising chickens and selling eggs. I suggest you get a fressh carton. :coffee;

Cheers, :toast:

BradyGirl 03-28-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2641676)

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-polio-vaccine

People forget that disease would sweep through periodically and there were often no cures. Polio was a very big deal, indeed, Salk and Sabin were practically miracle-workers.

johnlocke 03-28-2020 09:25 AM

Sir Isaac Newton was relegated to his home when the universities in England shut down during the Bubonic Plague.

He created some of the greatest formulations and ideas man had ever known to that point in history while quarantined.

A good life does not depend on the unchosen circumstances one finds themselves in.

It all depends on what you do with that life.

Time to rock this thing guys.

rivshark86 03-28-2020 11:44 AM

Great thread, I’ve been sharing these stories with family and friends. Thanks

johnlocke 03-28-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivshark86 (Post 2641799)
Great thread, I’ve been sharing these stories with family and friends. Thanks

wuv

king of kings 03-30-2020 02:20 PM

People have given into the fear . You can't say anything postive because it be drowned out in negatives posts

PatsChamps6x 03-30-2020 04:53 PM

Fantastic Thread! I applaud all the stories and efforts that exemplify our human spirit during this difficult time. We are such a powerful force for good in this country when we are united. Stay safe and keep the faith!

chevss454 04-01-2020 06:08 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUgnH1sX...g&name=900x900

bideau 04-01-2020 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

johnlocke 04-01-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642219)

wuv

johnlocke 04-02-2020 06:55 AM

Message from the greatest coach to ever live on this virus.

Huge props to the healthcare workers and some sanity.

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1245449826730459136

chevss454 04-02-2020 07:01 AM

More good stuff from a Patriots pov

Charlie [email]Baker@MassGovernor·35m

No days off. Thanks to some serious teamwork, Massachusetts is set to receive over 1 million N95 masks for our front-line workers. Huge thanks to the Krafts and several dedicated partners for making this happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUmFEmzX...jpg&name=small

johnlocke 04-02-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2642397)

No days off. Thanks to some serious teamwork, Massachusetts is set to receive over 1 million N95 masks for our front-line workers. Huge thanks to the Krafts and several dedicated partners for making this happen.

Nice!!!! I just posted this on FB.

How appropriate is it for a 6 time championship plane to be bringing stuff for the ultimate championship!? wuv

Roberto71 04-02-2020 07:42 AM

Advice of the day comes from this wee, 93 year old Scottish Granny.

https://twitter.com/islaanne1/status...962163712?s=20

bideau 04-02-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Not only providing the transportation, but splitting the purchase cost with the state.

johnlocke 04-02-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2642408)
Advice of the day comes from this wee, 93 year old Scottish Granny.

https://twitter.com/islaanne1/status...962163712?s=20

Oh. What a sweet little woman.

Roberto71 04-02-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2642412)
Oh. What a sweet little woman.

Think about it. Born in 1927 so a young girl when the great depression hits. World War II in her teens, the Polio epidemic, cold war, more recessions, in Scotland a probable TB epidemic. And she's lived through it all!

She knows what she'stalking about when she says it will pass and it will all be fine.

johnlocke 04-02-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2642428)
Think about it. Born in 1927 so a young girl when the great depression hits. World War II in her teens, the Polio epidemic, cold war, more recessions, in Scotland a probable TB epidemic. And she's lived through it all!

She knows what she'stalking about when she says it will pass and it will all be fine.

wuv

bideau 04-02-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

The Wall St Journal has a detailed story of how this all went down. It is nothing short of harrowing and heroic. I was able to read the article through a free view, but can't copy and paste. If you can find it, it will make your hair stand on end.

Also, Kraft and Baker is sending 350,000 masks to New York.
Rivals coming together.....

BostonTim 04-02-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642435)

Also, Kraft and Baker is sending 350,000 masks to New York.
Rivals coming together.....

I would leave baker out of this. Seems it's mainly a photo op for him.

He'll be there to welcome the Pats Jet when it arrives, plus the cameras of course,

Cheers

bideau 04-02-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2642436)
I would leave baker out of this. Seems it's mainly a photo op for him.

He'll be there to welcome the Pats Jet when it arrives, plus the cameras of course,

Cheers

WTF are you talking about? Did you read the story?

chevss454 04-02-2020 01:33 PM

Info about possible vaccinations against SARS-CoV-2

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...nimal-testing/

patswin 04-02-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642438)
WTF are you talking about? Did you read the story?

I read it on WSJ first thing this morning. It was one hell of a story and I thought it was amazing.

chevss454 04-03-2020 08:28 AM

Some good news in Massachusetts. The rate of infection is slowing down so the curve is flattening with a peak expected in 14 days IF people continue to practice social distancing, wear masks in public and also wash hands frequently. Massachusetts is now #1 in testing for Sars-Covid 19 per capita.
Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Dwight Schrute 04-03-2020 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

more good stuff from a patriots pov

charlie [email]baker@massgovernor·35m

no days off. Thanks to some serious teamwork, massachusetts is set to receive over 1 million n95 masks for our front-line workers. Huge thanks to the krafts and several dedicated partners for making this happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/eumfemzx...jpg&name=small

Attachment 103799

chevss454 04-03-2020 02:37 PM

The Patriots caravan travels through NYC

https://twitter.com/WCVB/status/1246133344452202504

king of kings 04-04-2020 09:45 AM

Stop watching the news . Use common sense & basic hygiene . that's MY best advice during this crisis

chevss454 04-05-2020 04:43 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUxm6KFW...g&name=900x900

chevss454 04-05-2020 06:25 AM

Famed Kicker Tom Dempsey, aka Stumpy, died last night from SARS-COVID 19. Condolences to his family. RIP.

I remember him well. Helluva good kicker back in the day

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...d5805dc21.html

O.Z.O. 04-05-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2642721)
Famed Kicker Tom Dempsey, aka Stumpy, died last night from SARS-COVID 19. Condolences to his family. RIP.

I remember him well. Helluva good kicker back in the day

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...d5805dc21.html

Hadn’t heard that. Totally sucks. I remember seeing him a couple times towards the end of his career, did not know that was his nickname.

Roberto71 04-06-2020 04:50 AM

Well, Boston's own Matt Damon is holed up here in Dublin. He was shooting a movie and fortunately, his family are with him. He's been seeing jogging in Dalkey with his New England Patriots T-Shirt on. A loyal fan!

chevss454 04-06-2020 06:34 AM

The first case of COVID 19 in an animal has shown up at the Bronx Zoo. (where else!)

A tiger named Nadia was exposed to a zoo worker who later tested positive with signs of illness. Nadia is expected to recover. This could be an important game changer.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MIa5qniDTOk/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...or-coronavirus

Dwight Schrute 04-06-2020 07:09 AM

Pretty sure I heard on radio a household cat had it last week.

bideau 04-06-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2642804)
Pretty sure I heard on radio a household cat had it last week.

I believe it was reported in Belguim.

Dwight Schrute 04-06-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642817)
I believe it was reported in Belguim.

Yeah. Didn’t hear where, but distinctly remember thinking “oh Fvck. Might be Pandora’s Box now”

Joolz 04-06-2020 10:08 AM

"Coronavirus can infect cats — dogs, not so much"

Article from nature.com here

bideau 04-06-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joolz (Post 2642834)
"Coronavirus can infect cats — dogs, not so much"

Article from nature.com here

All 3 of my cats seemed to be a bit sick a couple of weeks ago. No, they weren't coughing, but they all lost their appetites at the same time. They're indoor cats, so not much they can get into.

Were we all silent carriers (myself, my wife and my mother)?

Makes me stop and think. :shrug:

chevss454 04-06-2020 11:20 AM

It appears that COVID 19 in cats is a very mild infection, at least so far.

Cats have been vaccinated for corona viruses for over 50 years. The common feline distemper vacc has a corona virus in it although in cats, that corona causes diarrhea. Cats are susceptible to another corona virus that causes FIP (feline infectious peritonitis) which has a high mortality rate. Dogs are known to get 3 diff corona viruses & have also been vaccinated for over 50 years for 1 that also causes diarrhea. Another corona virus in dogs can cause pulmonary signs and is related to kennel cough. The common kennel cough vacc for dogs is not related to corona virus. It's for a bacteria related to whooping cough of people, Bordetella bronchiseptica vs B. pertussis in people. Antibiotics (doxycycline) clear that up quickly which may be where some got the doxy treatment as a treatment for COVID 19. It doesn't work for COVID 19.

It's not known if COVID 19 can be transmitted from pets to people. During the SARS outbreak from China (again) Civet cats were known to become infected and were sold in Chinese markets for food. SARS was bad enough but now SARS-COVID 19 is more pathogenic. Yeah, they are related and I will believe until proven otherwise that the Chinese government has been developing viruses useful for germ warfare. This one got away from them just as the SARS virus did. Screw the bat theory.

bideau 04-06-2020 11:20 AM

New York is reporting it's 2nd day of level admissions, hoping that it may be a sign that the apex has been reached and the curve is bending. My son lives in the heart of Brooklyn, so I'm certainly hoping that there may be an end in sight there.

Dwight Schrute 04-06-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2642842)
It appears that COVID 19 in cats is a very mild infection, at least so far.

Cats have been vaccinated for corona viruses for over 50 years. The common feline distemper vacc has a corona virus in it although in cats, that corona causes diarrhea. Cats are susceptible to another corona virus that causes FIP (feline infectious peritonitis) which has a high mortality rate. Dogs are known to get 3 diff corona viruses & have also been vaccinated for over 50 years for 1 that also causes diarrhea. Another corona virus in dogs can cause pulmonary signs and is related to kennel cough. The common kennel cough vacc for dogs is not related to corona virus. It's for a bacteria related to whooping cough of people, Bordetella bronchiseptica vs B. pertussis in people. Antibiotics (doxycycline) clear that up quickly which may be where some got the doxy treatment as a treatment for COVID 19. It doesn't work for COVID 19.

It's not known if COVID 19 can be transmitted from pets to people. During the SARS outbreak from China (again) Civet cats were known to become infected and were sold in Chinese markets for food. SARS was bad enough but now SARS-COVID 19 is more pathogenic. Yeah, they are related and I will believe until proven otherwise that the Chinese government has been developing viruses useful for germ warfare. This one got away from them just as the SARS virus did. Screw the bat theory.

Agree.

BostonTim 04-06-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2642843)
New York is reporting it's 2nd day of level admissions, hoping that it may be a sign that the apex has been reached and the curve is bending. My son lives in the heart of Brooklyn, so I'm certainly hoping that there may be an end in sight there.

Knock on wood

Cheers

BostonTim 04-06-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto71 (Post 2642794)
Well, Boston's own Matt Damon is holed up here in Dublin. He was shooting a movie and fortunately, his family are with him. He's been seeing jogging in Dalkey with his New England Patriots T-Shirt on. A loyal fan!

Wonderful for him. And the green is out in full regalia. love April, May. And Dalkey is is not Ballymun.

Roberto71 04-07-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2642855)
Wonderful for him. And the green is out in full regalia. love April, May. And Dalkey is is not Ballymun.

it certainly isn't. There's gorgeous views from Dalkey/Killiney Hill.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vZu5V9A-0...As/s1600/1.jpg

Dwight Schrute 04-07-2020 07:42 AM

Beautiful

Roberto71 04-07-2020 09:15 AM

It's only 8 miles from the city centre. There's some lovely areas on the coast.

Dwight Schrute 04-07-2020 09:41 AM

Been to England 3 trips. Never made it to Ireland or Scotland.

Both on bucket list.

Roberto71 04-07-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2642944)

Both on bucket list.

Good to hear, you'll enjoy it.

O.Z.O. 04-07-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2642853)
Knock on wood

Cheers

today makes 3.

Joolz 04-07-2020 11:37 AM

Once again, Big Papi- "This is our city"

Link

bideau 04-07-2020 11:44 AM

Yes, there's now more hope that NY has hit the plateau. The deaths will likely rise for a few more days which is a reflection of those who were admitted to ICU last week. But there is hope.

The fast tests are quickly arriving at testing sites. Mass and RI now have several sites using them. I wouldn't be surprised to see a spike in the next couple of days as the slower test results are released along side the fast ones. More tests results equal more positives.

Spain and Italy have hit the plateau and Spain may be beginning the down slope.

bideau 04-13-2020 02:48 PM

Small businesses providing urgently needed PPE:

Lawrence company to make 1 million isolation gowns (April 13)

Quote:

A Lawrence-based active wear company spent the last week reconfiguring its work space to safely produce one million level-one isolation gowns for the medical community, Gov. Charlie Baker said in his Monday briefing.

The company, 99Degrees, runs under a 150-person team, CEO and founder Brenna Schneider said.

It wasn’t until mid-March, she said, that she understood the gravity of the virus and began making contingency plans.

“I felt a responsibility to put our manufacturing model to work,” Schneider said. “We began looking into how to make masks.”

Now, the factory is working to make FDA-approved personal protective equipment.

Schneider said normally it would take about six to 18 months to develop a new product, but this time, they came up with the regulations for isolation gowns within three weeks.

“It goes without saying that I am most thankful to the medical professionals and first responders who are putting themselves and their families at risk for our communities,” she said. “On behalf of Massachusetts manufacturers I assure you that we are doing everything within our power to keep you safe.”

The partnership between 99Degrees and the state came about through Massachusetts’ PPE Procurement and Donation Program, Baker said, which streamlines the process of adapting local businesses to produce PPE.

Baker said after the program launched, they heard from about 400 manufacturers, 260 of which are based in Mass.

To name a few, he said Formlabs in Somerville is 3D printing diagnostic swabs, while Merrow Manufacturing based in Fall River is making gowns, and New Balance, headquartered in Boston, is making shoe coverings, gowns, and masks.

Even Lovepop in Boston, which normally produces greeting cards, is contributing face shields, gowns, coveralls, hoods, and shoe coverings.

The Baker administration also announced a new initiative Monday, the Manufacturing Emergency Response Team (MERT).

MERT will provide $10.6 million in funding to support manufacturers’ efforts to pivot their production operations and produce personal protective equipment alongside other gear like ventilators, sanitizers, and thermometers, according to a press release.

Companies hoping to join the effort can apply for grants through an online form.

In addition to MERT’s funding, MassTech and Advanced Functional Fabrics of America will offer $5.6 million in funds through the Massachusetts Manufacturing Innovation Institute program.

Another $4 million is available through the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center.

Baker said as the battle for more PPE continues, the state’s command center will release a daily summary on PPE distribution.

As of Sunday, 26,650 N95 masks had been distributed to Mass. hospitals, according to the summary.

BostonTim 04-13-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2644039)
Small businesses providing urgently needed PPE:

Lawrence company to make 1 million isolation gowns (April 13)

That's heroic. Good work!

Cheers

bideau 05-05-2020 05:28 PM

Tomorrow 5/6, F-15s will be doing flyovers above Mass hospitals. Below is the schedule if any of you are in the flight path. I think I'll be a bit too far south to see them.

Boston Convention and Exhibition Center: 12:15 p.m.
Partners Healthcare System: 12:15 p.m.
Brigham & Women’s Hospital: 12:15 p.m.
Framingham Union Hospital: 12:15 p.m.
DCU Center/ St. Vincent’s Hospital: 12:25 p.m.
UMass Memorial Medical Center: 12:25 p.m.
Mercy Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Baystate Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Holyoke Medical Center: 12:35 p.m.
Western Massachusetts Hospital: 12:40 p.m.
Baystate Nobel Hospital: 12:40 p.m.

Hawg73 05-05-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2642944)

Both on bucket list.

Both are wonderful places to visit and I have zero complaints about anything in either Ireland or Scotland except that they just don't understand people buying bags of ice to, for instance, put a rack of beers in a cooler. They are polite enough about it, but it's clear that they think anyone that would ask to buy such a thing are highly questionable.

I don't really have a burning desire to travel much overseas anymore, but I make an exception for both Ireland and Scotland. Call them 1a and 1b in that order.

You would not fucking believe how good the golf is. Not just the premium 200 buck and up places, but just the average courses nobody has heard of. If I wasn't married I'd go over every year.

Plus, the beer tastes better. I don't know exactly why, but it's true.

Dwight Schrute 05-05-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg73 (Post 2648419)
Both are wonderful places to visit and I have zero complaints about anything in either Ireland or Scotland except that they just don't understand people buying bags of ice to, for instance, put a rack of beers in a cooler. They are polite enough about it, but it's clear that they think anyone that would ask to buy such a thing are highly questionable.

I don't really have a burning desire to travel much overseas anymore, but I make an exception for both Ireland and Scotland. Call them 1a and 1b in that order.

You would not fucking believe how good the golf is. Not just the premium 200 buck and up places, but just the average courses nobody has heard of. If I wasn't married I'd go over every year.

Plus, the beer tastes better. I don't know exactly why, but it's true.

I’d love to take a month or more immediately at retirement to see in no particular order Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Spain. I’d love to see plenty more, but that’d be the first bucket list.

bideau 05-21-2020 08:19 PM

As part of the "All in Challenge", Mr Kraft auctioned his SB51 ring for $1.025 Million. All proceeds go towards meals for those economicaly impacted by Covid 19. That's a damned impressive price.

johnlocke 05-22-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 2650367)
as part of the "all in challenge", mr kraft auctioned his sb51 ring for $1.025 million. All proceeds go towards meals for those economicaly impacted by covid 19. That's a damned impressive price.

wuv

bideau 05-28-2020 08:49 AM

Out of necessity comes ingenuity.

Ford's police SUVs will heat up to 133 degrees to burn the germs away

Quote:

The ongoing spread of coronavirus has made disinfecting police vehicles a major issue. After the New York City Police Department asked for a better way to sanitize its vehicles, Ford created software that will burn the germs out of the police department's SUVs, the company announced Wednesday.

With the new software, the Ford (F) Police Utility -- a version of the Ford Explorer SUV -- can use its engine along with the cabin ventilation system to raise interior temperatures to 133 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. That's hot enough and long enough to kill more than 99% of disease causing germs in the vehicle, including the coronavirus, according to Ford.

In newer versions of the Police Utility, officers can initiate the process with a special series of presses on the vehicles' cruise control buttons. In older models of the Police Utility, model years 2013 through 2015, the process can be started by a technician using a device plugged into the SUV's electronic diagnostics port.

"You certainly don't want it to be something that gets activated accidentally so it is a complicated enough cycle that you'd have to be paying attention to what you're doing to, to get it to start," said Bill Gubing, Ford's director of passenger vehicles and SUVs.

Once the system is activated, the officer or technician then leaves the vehicle. The doors are locked automatically as the engine runs at an unusually high idle speed of around 2,000 RPM. That heats the engine coolant, which is then used to heat air that's pumped into the cabin, raising the cabin temperature for 15 minutes.

Once the car has been kept hot for 15 minutes a cool down process begins. First, unheated outside air is pumped into the cabin, flushing out the hot air. Then the air conditioning is switched on to cool the cabin further.
This system is better than just cleaning the inside of the car with disinfectant spray because the heat permeates the entire occupant compartment. Germs are killed even in hard-to-reach areas and there's no chance of any places being accidentally overlooked. Some special equipment installed by police departments could block the flow of hot air to all parts of the vehicle, though, a Ford spokesman said.

There are currently no safeguards to prevent the system from being turned on while a person or animal is inside the car, according to Ford. It's up to the police officer or technician to make sure the vehicle is empty before the system starts. If any of the controls inside the car, such as the steering wheel, pedals or gear selector, are moved while the system is running, the process automatically stops.

Adding sensors to reliably detect people or animals inside the car would have caused delays in getting the system out to police cars in the field, Gubing said.

"We'll continue to work with our agencies and get their feedback on how well it works and look at how we adjust if need be in the future," he said. "But right now, for speed, it's really officer or initiator dependent."
The interior of the car won't be harmed by the process, said Gubing. Even though 133 degrees is hot enough to kill viruses and bacteria, it's still well below the 176 degrees, at which Ford vehicle interiors are routinely heat tested. That's as hot as the interior of a closed vehicle can get on a summer day in the desert, he said.

The software is available to all police departments in the United States that use Ford Police Utilities. For now, the system is only being applied to Police Utility SUVs, Ford said, because they make up the majority of Ford police vehicles. The system may later be made available for police versions of Ford's other trucks, vans and sedans.

chevss454 06-03-2020 10:50 AM

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/l...ages/sys/S.gif
https://files.constantcontact.com/c4...bb43317770.jpg

From USDA APHIS
Confirmation of COVID-19 in Pet Dog in New York
Washington, D.C., June 2, 2020 - The United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) today announced the first confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) infection in a pet dog (German shepherd) in New York state. This is the first dog in the United States to test positive for SARS-CoV-2.
Samples from the dog were taken after it showed signs of respiratory illness. The dog is expected to make a full recovery. One of the dog's owners tested positive for COVID-19, and another showed symptoms consistent with the virus, prior to the dog showing signs. A second dog in the household has shown no signs of illness; however, antibodies were also identified in that dog, suggesting exposure.
SARS-CoV-2 infections have been reported in a small number of animals worldwide, mostly in animals that had close contact with a person who was sick with COVID-19. At this time, routine testing of animals is not recommended. State and local animal health and public health officials will work with USDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to make determinations about whether animals should be tested for SARS-CoV-2, using a One Health approach.
USDA will announce cases of confirmed SARS-CoV-2 in animals each time it is found in a new species. All confirmed cases in animals will be posted at https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/sa_one_health/sars-cov-2-animals-us.
The initial dog tested presumptive positive for SARS-CoV-2 at a private veterinary laboratory, which then reported the results to state and federal officials. The confirmatory testing was conducted at NVSL and included collection of additional samples. NVSL serves as an international reference laboratory and provides expertise and guidance on diagnostic techniques, as well as confirmatory testing for foreign and emerging animal diseases. Such testing is required for certain animal diseases in the U.S. in order to comply with national and international reporting procedures. The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) considers SARS-CoV-2 an emerging disease, and therefore USDA must report confirmed U.S. animal infections to the OIE.
While additional animals may test positive as infections continue in people, it is important to note that performing this animal testing does not reduce the availability of tests for humans.
We are still learning about SARS-CoV-2 in animals, but there is currently no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus. Based on the limited information available, the risk of animals spreading the virus to people is considered to be low. There is no justification in taking measures against companion animals that may compromise their welfare.

It appears that people with COVID-19 can spread the virus to animals during close contact. It is important for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to avoid contact with pets and other animals to protect them from possible infection.
For more information about COVID-19 and animals and recommendations for pet owners, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/animals/pets-other-animals.html

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/l...16784221/S.gif

For more guidelines and resources, visit our MVMA COVID19 page

KontradictioN 06-03-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2651457)
https://files.constantcontact.com/c4...bb43317770.jpg

From USDA APHIS
Confirmation of COVID-19 in Pet Dog in New York

Washington, D.C., June 2, 2020 - The United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) today announced the first confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) infection in a pet dog (German shepherd) in New York state. This is the first dog in the United States to test positive for SARS-CoV-2.

Samples from the dog were taken after it showed signs of respiratory illness. The dog is expected to make a full recovery. One of the dog's owners tested positive for COVID-19, and another showed symptoms consistent with the virus, prior to the dog showing signs. A second dog in the household has shown no signs of illness; however, antibodies were also identified in that dog, suggesting exposure.

SARS-CoV-2 infections have been reported in a small number of animals worldwide, mostly in animals that had close contact with a person who was sick with COVID-19. At this time, routine testing of animals is not recommended. State and local animal health and public health officials will work with USDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to make determinations about whether animals should be tested for SARS-CoV-2, using a One Health approach.

USDA will announce cases of confirmed SARS-CoV-2 in animals each time it is found in a new species. All confirmed cases in animals will be posted at https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/sa_one_health/sars-cov-2-animals-us.

The initial dog tested presumptive positive for SARS-CoV-2 at a private veterinary laboratory, which then reported the results to state and federal officials. The confirmatory testing was conducted at NVSL and included collection of additional samples. NVSL serves as an international reference laboratory and provides expertise and guidance on diagnostic techniques, as well as confirmatory testing for foreign and emerging animal diseases. Such testing is required for certain animal diseases in the U.S. in order to comply with national and international reporting procedures. The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) considers SARS-CoV-2 an emerging disease, and therefore USDA must report confirmed U.S. animal infections to the OIE.

While additional animals may test positive as infections continue in people, it is important to note that performing this animal testing does not reduce the availability of tests for humans.

We are still learning about SARS-CoV-2 in animals, but there is currently no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus. Based on the limited information available, the risk of animals spreading the virus to people is considered to be low. There is no justification in taking measures against companion animals that may compromise their welfare.

It appears that people with COVID-19 can spread the virus to animals during close contact. It is important for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to avoid contact with pets and other animals to protect them from possible infection.

For more information about COVID-19 and animals and recommendations for pet owners, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/animals/pets-other-animals.html

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/l...16784221/S.gif

For more guidelines and resources, visit our MVMA COVID19 page

Fuck. You almost forget that there's still a pandemic going on right now. What a god damn year.

chevss454 06-04-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontradictioN (Post 2651495)
Fuck. You almost forget that there's still a pandemic going on right now. What a god damn year.

2020 needs a reboot.

chevss454 06-08-2020 06:45 AM

Florida sets a new record for new cases of Covid-19 since reopening with over 3,000 new cases in the last 3 days.

Mass. is beginning to reopen this week. Unlike most flu bugs, this virus likes warm weather! Stay safe, people! Just because you can go out and about more freely doesn't mean you should!!

johnlocke 06-08-2020 11:56 AM

That's gonna happen with the massively expanded testing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

chevss454 06-11-2020 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2651893)
That's gonna happen with the massively expanded testing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

12 states opened prematurely against advice from Fauci, NIH and CDC.
All 12 have experienced spikes in # of cases.

Florida had 1300 new cases yesterday & 4300 new cases in the last 4 days.

chevss454 06-11-2020 06:16 AM

As if 2020 hasn't sucked enough, EEE is expected to hit hard this summer and 40% of people who get it will die.

Time to order insect repellent!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...er-img-sm2.jpg

bideau 06-11-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2652197)
As if 2020 hasn't sucked enough, EEE is expected to hit hard this summer and 40% of people who get it will die.

Time to order insect repellent!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...er-img-sm2.jpg

Yeah, I read an article last week about it. The mild winter and wet spring have set up the perfect conditions for the mosquitoes. Our town did aerial spraying last month, they'll probably have to do it again in mid-summer.

Dwight Schrute 06-11-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2652195)
12 states opened prematurely against advice from Fauci, NIH and CDC.
All 12 have experienced spikes in # of cases.

Florida had 1300 new cases yesterday & 4300 new cases in the last 4 days.

With significantly expanding testing you’ll get expanded cases. Hospitalizations are the only true concern. Non hospitalization cases is what establishes the delayed herd immunity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.her...emplate=ampart

Florida virus cases continue 1,000-plus daily climb as testing, reopening expand - News - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL

By John Kennedy
News
Photos
Ticket
Sports
Obits
E-Edition
Jobs
Cars
Homes
Classifieds
Legal Notices
Subscribe Now

Posted Jun 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM

Florida coronavirus cases are climbing as testing and reopening is expanding. [Greg Lovett / The Palm Beach Post via AP]▲
Florida’s coronavirus cases have been climbing in June as the state expands testing and its economic reopening.

TALLAHASSEE — Florida reported another 1,371 new cases of coronavirus Wednesday, with the state continuing a steady string of days with 1,000-plus increased cases that coincide with Gov. Ron DeSantis's latest phase of reopening.

The rising numbers since June 2 follow a May that included only three days during which the additional daily cases topped 1,000. Florida is among 21 states reporting an increase in cases of the disease, which DeSantis attributes to a sharp boost in testing but which experts say also is linked to more activity from stores, resturants, bars and other businesses reopening.

The Republican governor moved the state into Phase 2 of reopening on June 5 by allowing bars and movie theaters to open their doors for the first time in weeks and let retail stores serve customers at full capacity, with social distancing required.

"You've got to watch it like a hawk," said Dr. Charles Lockwood, senior vice president of University of South Florida Health and dean of its medical school. "I think it's mostly increased testing, but there's clearly a slight increase in real cases, generally limited to younger folks."

See our complete coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

In the week following June 2, the first of the state's 1,000-plus daily caseloads, Florida averaged 36,869 tests per day, above the 31,800 daily test level that epidemiologists say a state the size of Florida should reach in its effort to contain the virus.

Florida had been averaging well below that for weeks – not reaching the 31,800 mark at all until mid-May, and even then, only for a few days.

But the state's testing capacity has expanded. So, too, have interactions between Floridians, with many returning to work and stores, restaurants and other businesses showing signs of picking up and beaches growing more crowded.

Lockwood said there's a clear division between who's out and who's not.

"I went to Lowe's the other day," he said. "There were a lot of mostly younger people shopping, not wearing masks, unfortunately. But I think a lot of the older people are still choosing to stay away."

The Florida Department of Health reported Wednesday that the 1,371 additional cases brought the state's cumulative caseload to 67,371. Another 36 deaths reported increased fatalities attributed to COVID-19 to 2,801.

The Florida Department of Health reported Wednesday three more deaths in Sarasota County and one in Manatee County, figures that put both counties in the top eight statewide. Sarasota's deaths were listed "new" but did not happen recently. Eighty-eight people have died in Sarasota County and 112 in Manatee.

A total of 705 coronavirus cases have been reported in Sarasota County and 1,245 in Manatee.

Sarasota Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Kim Savage said that there has not been a COVID-19 death at the hospital since May 20.

Currently, SMH has 13 positive patients in the hospital and four in intensive care.

Manatee County spokesman Christopher Tittel said there was one death Wednesday and seven since Monday.

About 26% of Florida hospital beds are available, a level that has declined in recent days as hospitalizations have climbed amid the rise in cases.

SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS: Consider subscribing today

DeSantis earlier this week hailed the state's commitment to testing, with 1.2 million tests now having been administered. The rate of people turning up positive for the virus has fallen below 5% most days lately, he said.

When identified in tests, those with the virus can isolate and avoid spreading it to others in the community. DeSantis also pointed to pockets of so-called community spread that have hit farm workers in Collier, Palm Beach and Martin counties, along with recent outbreaks among prison inmates in Miami-Dade County.

The state's focus on testing residents and staff at nursing homes and assisted living facilities also is likely contributing to the daily increase, DeSantis said Monday during an appearance in Miami.

"I think we need to continue to test at a high level; I think that's the right thing to do," DeSantis said. "I said when we reopened and we're going to double testing, people are going to say, 'Oh my gosh, there's more cases.'

"But I think if you understand the nature of this disease, particularly when you're testing people in these (farm) communities, a lot are in their 20-30-40-years-old, the clinical consequences of that is very low."

Still, the jump in cases paralleling when the state expanded reopening is alarming to some experts. With summer beginning, more Floridians are certain to be mingling more, and just around the corner, schools from universities to K-12 are making plans for on-campus classes in the fall.

A health care advocacy organization, the United States of Care, put Florida among 18 states listed as "trending poorly" in recent days in their fight against the coronavirus. An increase in caseloads is common in every one of these states.

"Some of it is driven by increased testing, but not all of it," said Marta Wosinska, a health policy expert at Duke University.

"This virus is still around, and it's important that we acknowledge that this is an ongoing battle of suppression," she added. "That's why testing, isolation, contact tracing, people wearing masks ... is all important for us to maintain control of the situation."

chevss454 06-11-2020 09:50 AM

Testing numbers should have been factored in before opening up these states. Epidemiologists knew & were against opening these states, including Florida. Dumb asses opened anyway and look what's happening.

Dwight Schrute 06-11-2020 11:52 AM

Unreal

chevss454 06-12-2020 03:12 PM

As if we haven't had enough bullshit from 2020, now I read the Mayan calendar was wrong - the world will end June 21. Nutkick

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/con...endar-22180751

tehmackdaddy 06-12-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2652386)
As if we haven't had enough bullshit from 2020, now I read the Mayan calendar was wrong - the world will end June 21. Nutkick

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/con...endar-22180751

I an traveling cross-country on the 25th. Damn you non-refundable airline ticket!

chevss454 06-13-2020 06:35 AM

The damage Covid does to lungs is absolutely incredible. This 20 something had to have a lung transplant after her lungs were decimated. (Don't click the link if you're squeamish) Stay safe, people!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...FBAxY9W5aLppXE

tehmackdaddy 06-13-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 2652461)
The damage Covid does to lungs is absolutely incredible. This 20 something had to have a lung transplant after her lungs were decimated. (Don't click the link if you're squeamish) Stay safe, people!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...FBAxY9W5aLppXE

Holy crap! I had no idea we could do lung transplants now! :OMG:

I just looked it up on wikipedia and see we've been doing them successfully for 30 years. I honestly had never heard of that. :dom:

chevss454 06-16-2020 04:56 AM

Massachusetts hasn’t just flattened its curve, it’s bent the hell out of it. Kudos to all you mask wearers and big shoutout to everyone who kept working through it, especially you health care workers! Let’s keep it going.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EalTnC9X...g&name=900x900

Dwight Schrute 06-16-2020 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 103973

See that sky blue line that hovers right about 0K for the duration?

That’s the 0-24 year old bracket. That’s the number of deaths.

For this we lost 1/2 a school year for our children. Lost out on graduations and accomplishments. Lost out on final years at relative schools and the congratulations of advancements.

And now UMass has already announced online in the Fall for fvcks sake!

While Chuckie Baker sits on his pathetic plan with his thumb in his arse.

chevss454 06-16-2020 11:48 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eaob4POX...jpg&name=small

Dexamethasone costs < $0.01 per tablet. It would only be used for the most severely affected patients.

Dwight Schrute 06-16-2020 12:21 PM

They’ll plow ahead with “more desirable” treatment options.

#bigpharma

chevss454 06-17-2020 05:19 PM

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer
Broncos had a march in Denver 11 days ago that Jackson helped lead. Contact tracing is key, so you'd think a lot of his teammates would be getting tested now.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter· 36m
Broncos’ standout safety Kareem Jackson tested positive for COVID-19, a source confirmed to ESPN. Jackson has cold-like symptoms, but expects to make a full recovery.