Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Politics and Religion Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   China's Massive Parade (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76065)

BostonTim 10-01-2019 07:59 AM

China's Massive Parade

Many will remember The USSR's impressive May Day Parades.

But this is far and away the most intimidating military display in our lifetimes I believe.

70th anniversary of "red" China.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ary-might.html

Endless images of raw power. Frightens me I guess.

Cheers

Baron Samedi 10-04-2019 12:17 PM

I don't understand, why does it frighten you?

AnOldTroll 10-04-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2610736)

Because we are going to have to learn another language?

Hogfarmer 10-05-2019 07:33 PM

They might have some shiny toys but they lack one thing we don't and thats warfare experience.

Anyway all we have to do is close all our walmarts and their economy shuts down.

johnlocke 10-06-2019 06:39 AM

I don't know how accurate they are but I've seen stats that the US military is bigger than than the other top 5 militaries in the world combined. If that's the case I'm not worried.

Give me an army of free men any day.

BostonTim 10-06-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2610736)

Wuss???

Cheersw

Baron Samedi 10-07-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2610920)
I don't know how accurate they are but I've seen stats that the US military is bigger than than the other top 5 militaries in the world combined. If that's the case I'm not worried.

5 times more expensive...not 5 times bigger.

mikiemo83 10-08-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

China says all of the technology on display Tuesday is already in active service
I dont believe them.

Dwight Schrute 10-08-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2610920)

Huh?

I thought we were at about 1.3 mil active and 800K reserve.

I have to believe China of all places must have a mandatory adult male service requirement, like N. Korea.

With their population? That should DWARF us.

johnlocke 10-08-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2611652)
Huh?

I thought we were at about 1.3 mil active and 800K reserve.

I have to believe China of all places must have a mandatory adult male service requirement, like N. Korea.

With their population? That should DWARF us.

Troops maybe higher in China, I don't know. But we are technologically superior to just about every country military wise and that mitigates the need for a massive troop build up IMO.

Edit: I just looked it up and recent info has China at 2,035,000 active and 510,000 reserve. Given our technological superiority I see no issue here. The US got this.

Dwight Schrute 10-08-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2611662)
Troops maybe higher in China, I don't know. But we are technologically superior to just about every country military wise and that mitigates the need for a massive troop build up IMO.

Edit: I just looked it up and recent info has China at 2,035,000 active and 510,000 reserve. Given our technological superiority I see no issue here. The US got this.

Oh I agree the tech is on our side.

Baron Samedi 10-08-2019 11:14 AM

The Chinese military isn't all that large, only what it needs. They aren't engaged in foreign wars all around the world like we are.

The threat is, of course, their ability to introduce a draft and create the world's largest military in a very short time if they had to.

As for technology...that is our greatest strength as long as we are fighting second world nations. Against first world nations, it is our weakness. Anything networked can and will be hacked, and our military is highly networked.

That's why China and Russia have entire branches of the military dedicated to cyber warfare. Keyboards are their second greatest anti-US weapon, second only to EMP.

Believe me, Chinese and Russian doctrine does not involve taking the US military on in conventional warfare. Their doctrine is to attack the technology, and then attack the crippled forces that depend on the technology.

johnlocke 10-08-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2611706)
The Chinese military isn't all that large, only what it needs. They aren't engaged in foreign wars all around the world like we are.

The threat is, of course, their ability to introduce a draft and create the world's largest military in a very short time if they had to.

As for technology...that is our greatest strength as long as we are fighting second world nations. Against first world nations, it is our weakness. Anything networked can and will be hacked, and our military is highly networked.

That's why China and Russia have entire branches of the military dedicated to cyber warfare. Keyboards are their second greatest anti-US weapon, second only to EMP.

Believe me, Chinese and Russian doctrine does not involve taking the US military on in conventional warfare. Their doctrine is to attack the technology, and then attack the crippled forces that depend on the technology.

We have the same thing and in many ways it's far superior to these despotic countries.

Baron Samedi 10-08-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 2611708)
We have the same thing and in many ways it's far superior to these despotic countries.

Those countries' military's can function with crashed networks. Ours can't. Our military has embedded automation everywhere. Everything in the military is vulnerable to keyboard soldiers.

This is an example of what I'm talking about...

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/694965.pdf

johnlocke 10-08-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2611717)
Those countries' military's can function with crashed networks. Ours can't.

I disagree. Haven't you ever watched 24? CTUs networks get crashed often but the data is not centralized. :party:

Seriously though. I do disagree.