Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Letís Play Name the Colts Coach! (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74645)

Dwight Schrute 02-13-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz22 (Post 2505183)
But he is really, really, REALLY motivated to beat the Pats. :dith:

Right after he finishes Gothic Architectural Revival

Mazz22 02-13-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2505184)
Right after he finishes Gothic Architectural Revival

LOL. Yes. Priorities. Priorities.

BostonTim 02-13-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2505182)
With a QB yet to throw a football

He's clearly a patient young man: All in the fullness of time Andrew. If you are lucky.

Cheers

Big/Sky/Fly 02-13-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 2505182)
With a QB yet to throw a football

Brisket is no JimmyG...but, he isn't THAT bad. :coffee:

Hawg73 02-14-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly (Post 2505259)
Brisket is no JimmyG...but, he isn't THAT bad. :coffee:

I went out of my way to watch Jacoby after we dumped him and while the stats weren't great, nor was the W-L record, in fairness it should be noted that he had almost zero chance to succeed in that offense.

He took a ferocious beating on the field, but I think the kid actually did better than could be expected and at times he looked quite promising, imo. He got thrown to the wolves and got shredded in the process. And took a lot of blame.

If we traded Jimmy to Indy instead of him I don't think the results would have been a whole lot different. That was one dysfunctional team no matter who was QBing. Very few skill players, a poor offensive system and zero protection equals failure.

Mazz22 02-14-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg73 (Post 2505302)
I went out of my way to watch Jacoby after we dumped him and while the stats weren't great, nor was the W-L record, in fairness it should be noted that he had almost zero chance to succeed in that offense.

He took a ferocious beating on the field, but I think the kid actually did better than could be expected and at times he looked quite promising, imo. He got thrown to the wolves and got shredded in the process. And took a lot of blame.

If we traded Jimmy to Indy instead of him I don't think the results would have been a whole lot different. That was one dysfunctional team no matter who was QBing. Very few skill players, a poor offensive system and zero protection equals failure.

I would imagine Brissett is the one most disappointed that McDaniels did not become HC.

OSUBuckeye 02-14-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz22 (Post 2505310)
I would imagine Brissett is the one most disappointed that McDaniels did not become HC.

Maybe or maybe not. McDaniel's pretty much admitted he wasn't up to the challenge & there is no shame in that. I think Reich will continue to develop the kid just fine. The main problem I saw with Brissett, & I'm no expert at all, is that he has a very hard time reading the defense. Seems to hang on to the ball because he doesn't know what he is looking at. It didn't help the Colts coaching staff was bad. I pretty much view him as very good backup at best. We'll see.