Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Politics and Religion Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why not Ron Paul? (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=60815)

Steve-o 06-14-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 1696205)
...and I will gladly quote you on that.

The only way to kill the tea party is a turnaround in the economy.

Ain't happenin'.

<img src="http://media.thestate.com/smedia/2011/05/19/20/teaparty_tg0131.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.jpg">

Steve-o 06-14-2011 12:53 PM

To be fair, the crowd was at least three times as big as you see in that photo.

<img src="http://media.thestate.com/smedia/2011/05/19/20/teaparty_tg0025.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.jpg">

tehmackdaddy 06-14-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady's Bunch (Post 1696187)
Why not Ron Paul?

  1. He doesn't look the part.
  2. He isn't a good speaker.
  3. He does a poor job of explaining complicated concepts to the average American.

Baron Samedi 06-14-2011 02:07 PM

No idea what those photos are from Steve-O...but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they were snapped prior to the start of whatever event it was.

Brady's Bunch 06-14-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehmackdaddy (Post 1696220)
  1. He doesn't look the part.
  2. He isn't a good speaker.
  3. He does a poor job of explaining complicated concepts to the average American.

1. Ok because old white guys are never elected president?
2. Doesn't seem much worse than any other president.
3. Example?

Those things hardly make him unelectable

tehmackdaddy 06-14-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady's Bunch (Post 1696227)
1. Ok because old white guys are never elected president?
2. Doesn't seem much worse than any other president.
3. Example?

Those things hardly make him unelectable

He looks and talks too goofy to be POTUS, imo. I didn't watch the last debate (last night?), but I saw a previous one. I'm a finance guy. I get economics. Paul doesn't explain his Austrian Economic theory very well for the average American to understand. Words like "monetize" and phrases such as "money supply" and its effect on the value of the dollar go right over most people's heads. They won't pay attention.

Dennis Kucinich is another example of a guy who just doesn't look the part and could never be elected POTUS, imo.

Disclaimer: I'm a Ron Paul kind of guy.

Oswlek 06-14-2011 06:40 PM

Am I the only person who couldn't give a shit if a POTUS candidate is charismatic enough to get a lot of pussy or the type of guy you'd have a beer with?

I just want someone I can trust who is a good listener and has some insightful ideas.

At this point, how much different would a POTUS Idol TV show be from the real thing?

Steve-o 06-14-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 1696222)
No idea what those photos are from Steve-O...but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they were snapped prior to the start of whatever event it was.

NAWP.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/20/1...arty-ends.html

That is tea party darling governor Nikki Haley speaking. That was the entire event, which was expected to draw 2,000 people. It drew 30.

Jaric 06-14-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oswlek (Post 1696292)
Am I the only person who couldn't give a shit if a POTUS candidate is charismatic enough to get a lot of pussy or the type of guy you'd have a beer with?

I just want someone I can trust who is a good listener and has some insightful ideas.

At this point, how much different would a POTUS Idol TV show be from the real thing?

Yeah, well sadly America is filled with morons all whom are allowed to vote.

And quite frankly, you're outnumbered.

Baron Samedi 06-14-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 1696295)
NAWP.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/20/1...arty-ends.html

That is tea party darling governor Nikki Haley speaking. That was the entire event, which was expected to draw 2,000 people. It drew 30.

Looked it up..the one where Trump was supposed to speak and didn't...thank God.

Anyway, though it was a small gathering, 30 is a bit of an exaggeration, eh?

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=625&h=370
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/...e96372258f.jpg

At any rate, I could post many pictures of much larger Tea Party rallies this year, but it is irrelevant. It is an off year for elections, and most Tea Partiers have jobs.

I am quite confident you'll see them plenty next year. :)

You should be rooting for them Steve-O. There is a good chance they will run a candidate for POTUS against the Republican pick if it is another RHINO.

That's makes Obama a shoo-in for re-election.

And if the Republicans give me another RHINO, I just may vote for Obama myself. If I am given two socialists to pick from, I'll at least pick the one that doesn't lie about it.

Steve-o 06-14-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 1696320)
Looked it up..the one where Trump was supposed to speak and didn't...thank God.

Anyway, though it was a small gathering, 30 is a bit of an exaggeration, eh?

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=625&h=370
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/...e96372258f.jpg

At any rate, I could post many pictures of much larger Tea Party rallies this year, but it is irrelevant. It is an off year for elections, and most Tea Partiers have jobs.

I am quite confident you'll see them plenty next year. :)

You should be rooting for them Steve-O. There is a good chance they will run a candidate for POTUS against the Republican pick if it is another RHINO.

That's makes Obama a shoo-in for re-election.

And if the Republicans give me another RHINO, I just may vote for Obama myself. If I am given two socialists to pick from, I'll at least pick the one that doesn't lie about it.

Baron, please tell me how the pictures you linked to were magically posted in April

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=625&h=370

when the Haley rally that I posted pictures from was on May 19.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/20/1...arty-ends.html

ROFL

The picture you posted was from an appearance with Haley and Bachmann, and it drew a whopping 300 people:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...a-party-rally/

Don't underestimate Bachmann, indeed. ROFL ROFL

Baron Samedi 06-15-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 1696322)
Baron, please tell me how the pictures you linked to were magically posted in April

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=625&h=370

when the Haley rally that I posted pictures from was on May 19.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/20/1...arty-ends.html

ROFL

The picture you posted was from an appearance with Haley and Bachmann, and it drew a whopping 300 people:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...a-party-rally/

Don't underestimate Bachmann, indeed. ROFL ROFL

I dunno...there was a rally by CTP on 4/18 and one on 5/19.

CTP is probably a tiny group of people, I would geuss.

They are probably amongst the smallest of South Carolina's 60-something Tea Party groups.

What difference does it make?

This is an off election year.

Where are all your liberal and socialist political rallies this year?

Would I be dumb enough to conclude that they are gone?

No.

It's an off cycle year.

I know the difference. You should, too.

WisColtFan7 06-15-2011 09:44 AM

Steve-O, on June 15, 2011 I am predicting that Michelle Bachmann will win the Iowa caucuses. Where she goes from there is left to how her campaign is run. But to say she has no shot whatsoever is incorrect. At this time 4 years ago no one gave the President much of a chance against the Clinton machine either
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve-o 06-15-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisColtFan7 (Post 1696378)
Steve-O, on June 15, 2011 I am predicting that Michelle Bachmann will win the Iowa caucuses. Where she goes from there is left to how her campaign is run. But to say she has no shot whatsoever is incorrect. At this time 4 years ago no one gave the President much of a chance against the Clinton machine either
Posted via Mobile Device

Bachmann winning the nomination would really be the best case scenario for Democrats. Possibly even better than Palin.

Republicans usually don't nominate a crazy, though.

Baron Samedi 06-15-2011 10:31 AM

This poll seems very relevant for 2012...

Three Way Race: Democrat 40% Republican 21% Tea Party 18%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...1_tea_party_18

Regardless of how you feel about Ras, I think the poll is inarguably in the ballpark of what is going on in the Republican party.

I find this scenario to be highly, highly likely.

There is just no way in Hell the Republicans will allow a non-establishment candidate to win the nomination....and I highly doubt that Tea Partiers will be very pleased with whomever they put in there.

Though it would be a short term disaster, it wouldn't break my heart because this Republican Party has to be completely dismantled, destroyed, and replaced. It is really just the right wing of the Democrat Party in a very real sense.

I would take almost as much pleasure seeing the Establishment Republicans crushed out of existence as I would the Social Democrats.

They BOTH have to go if we are ever to solve our fiscal problems, re-establish freedom, liberty, and natural rights, and become the America that the founders intended again.

Otherwise, you have to have a revolution and tear it all down...and this would be an excellent starting point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.