Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Patriots Planet is... (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=29094)

cka203 01-02-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tmack on 01-02-2008 at 02:59 PM
Perfection...well, if there weren't so many damn Patriots fans.
Good one! :thumb:

Mrs Gomezcat 01-02-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 06:46 PM
3.) If you don't contribute to the Girlie Pic thread, or at least post a hot chick SOMEWHERE at SOME point... GFY. (Memberless members... there IS a Beefcake Thread. It's not our fault you're all not as judicious about keeping it up--near the top of the board--as we are with the GP thread.) :D

9.) Don't post 8 times and then whine about the quality of the board. It's annoying.

Re 3. I was just going to mention that. No objections to girlie pics generally as long as it's reciprocal. Now where is that thread . . .

Re 9. How many posts do I have to make before I get to tell you everything that you need to fix about your board? ;)

I like the easy going attitude and the sense of humour here.

OT why is it that Mr Cat says I can only 'play away from home' if it's with another girlie and I bring him back a video?

Box_O_Rocks 01-02-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Miss Gomezcat on 01-02-2008 at 05:02 PM
OT why is it that Mr Cat says I can only 'play away from home' if it's with another girlie and I bring him back a video?
I told you he would be jealous about us. :archive:

patsfanroach 01-02-2008 08:43 PM

Thanks UT. This thread could have ended with your post (thanks Dchester for the suggestion) and it would have been sufficient. I would have liked to have seen this a few months ago when I found this great place to hang out in at the beginning and end of my days (OK middle of the day when I can show movies in my classroom and have no correcting to do)...

Hemi_1 01-03-2008 01:30 AM

The Planet is.......A place I visit from time to time because of how it has evolved, for me it's less enjoyable at times for me to hang.

It has evolved into something that I will not put my finger on...........why bother.

My free advise to others is this.....................it is simply a message board nothing more and nothing less.

gomezcat 01-03-2008 03:17 AM

Re: Patriots Planet is...

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertaker #59* on 01-01-2008 at 07:31 PM
A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in making money (though we probably could). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

Thanks, Mr Undertaker. It is pretty much how I thought the board was meant to be from my limited observations. I like to know as not everywhere is so free and easy about what is posted (within reason limits of taste and decency) and it is nice not to be beaten by Forum Police for posting *gasp* off topic.

PA_PATS_FAN54* 01-03-2008 09:34 AM

Re: Patriots Planet is...

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertaker #59* on 01-01-2008 at 02:31 PM
A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in making money (though we probably could). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

:thumb: :with: o:-)

shirtsleeve 01-03-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoadGrader on 01-02-2008 at 02:12 PM
[B] [11.) DON'T piss off/scare away the women members we already have here even if they are fans of rival teams....you never know when one of them might will get crazy and post some juicy pics of themselves or their girl-friends or themselves and their girl-friends

Planet Man-Law™®
/B]
Man Law!!!!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/4...71db1a063d.jpg

tehmackdaddy 01-03-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shirtsleeve on 01-03-2008 at 05:53 PM
Man Law!!!!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/4...71db1a063d.jpg

I see you've chosen to alienate the women posters again, sir. :shake:

blantyr 01-04-2008 05:58 AM

And while properly many controversial subject might be brought up, sometimes with ill decorum, thou shalt not speak ill of Alison Preston or John Hannah.

http://www.gis.net/~rwbutler/t4t/alison.jpg

Mrs Gomezcat 01-04-2008 04:04 PM

testing

easycome_easygo 01-05-2008 02:41 AM

I want to retire here. :)

blantyr 01-05-2008 07:07 AM

Proper Terminology

Quote:

Originally posted by VYF on 01-05-2008 at 02:41 AM
I want to retire here. :)
I'm sorry, but the proper word, in the Seau tradition, would be 'graduate,' as in it is time for you to graduate from other boards. ;)

chiefsgal* 01-05-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hemi_1 on 01-03-2008 at 01:30 AM
The Planet is.......A place I visit from time to time because of how it has evolved, for me it's less enjoyable at times for me to hang.

It has evolved into something that I will not put my finger on...........why bother.

My free advise to others is this.....................it is simply a message board nothing more and nothing less.

:eek: nothing more........oh my friend, you are so wrong....:)

fulltilt 01-05-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiefsgal* on 01-05-2008 at 09:12 PM
:eek: nothing more........oh my friend, you are so wrong....:)
+1 :thumb: