Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Patriots Planet is... (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=29094)

chiefsgal* 01-01-2008 09:48 PM

I have a home so this doesn't sound right.......but the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe the planet is.........home...:shrug: wuv

Ras 01-02-2008 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by chiefsgal* on 01-01-2008 at 09:48 PM
I have a home so this doesn't sound right.......but the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe the planet is.........home...:shrug: wuv

Claremonster 01-02-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ras* on 01-01-2008 at 09:45 PM
I like that guy. He made a living pretending to be an Indian, and was pretty successful at it ROFL ROFL

cka203 01-02-2008 06:23 AM

Thank you for this thread, UT (and props to dchester for the recommendation)!

I, too, consider this place "home". In fact, it's the only message board I post on. I visit others, just to see if I'm missing anything, but nothing compares to the Planet.

I love our diversity, humor, fun shots at each other, good-natured ribbing about our teams, and how we all band together to help each other out, when needed.

Like all families, we sometimes let things get out of hand, but then the patriarch (the esteemed mods) step in and quickly right the ship.

Kudos to them, and to all the good posters here, regardless of your fan affiliation!

DarrylStingley 01-02-2008 09:13 AM

Patriots Planet is a good message board.

Brady's Bunch 01-02-2008 09:19 AM

I love this place, cheers.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/10...d09c424ee9.jpg

Brownfan80 01-02-2008 09:58 AM

Great post, UT. +1 for the day.

TBrownslady 01-02-2008 10:53 AM

Great post UT! I think this is a great place! Everyone I have met from here has been awesome which is amazing for it being the internet and all. Some of you (you know who u are) I would do anything for.

This is a great community where you can get advice when needed from people that have all been through something. Internet is full of freaks and weirdos and it is nice to be able to come here and deal with some normal people, well as normal as we can be :) We all have our freakish and weirdo ways but in a good way :)

wuv

mikiemo83 01-02-2008 11:23 AM

to me

southcarolina 01-02-2008 11:23 AM

This is what this thread reminded me of:

(and i dont mean this in a bad way at all)

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhEQ066WDAA&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhEQ066WDAA&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

TBrownslady 01-02-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by *mikiemo83 on 01-02-2008 at 11:23 AM
to me
LOL well then make sure you are not watching with me cause I'll be damned if I am gonna get up and get you beer n food and miss the game! Get it yourself! :D

JD10367 01-02-2008 01:46 PM

The easygoing nature of this board is what makes it great. It's a community. And it's just small enough so that it's not overwhelming. If people want to get technical about football, there are threads for it; if people want to talk about stupid sh*t, there are threads for it; if people want to flirt and talk sex... well, that's in every thread, LOL.

But a couple of things I'd like to add, as my ten suggestions:

1.) If you think this place is only for Patriots fans, GFY.

2.) If you post an assclown poll, you better make it for a real assclown, not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. Or GFY.

3.) If you don't contribute to the Girlie Pic thread, or at least post a hot chick SOMEWHERE at SOME point... GFY. (Memberless members... there IS a Beefcake Thread. It's not our fault you're all not as judicious about keeping it up--near the top of the board--as we are with the GP thread.) :D

4.) Don't #&@% with the clown. As Bruce Banner said, "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." ROFL

5.) While this is not a democracy, sometimes you CAN glean some information from the majority. So if everyone's riding your a@@ about something, take a good long look at it. Like 9 out of 10 dentists who recommend sugarless gum, if 9 out of 10 people think you're an a@@, then you just might be, LOL.

6.) Everyone should take turns putting on the waders and putting a clothespin on their nose and wandering through the AA, if only to keep feeding the denizens the occasional morsel of a thread or post to keep them alive. :D

7.) Don't joke about Tatum and Stingley.

8.) "Manning vs. Brady" is a nauseatingly overtalked subject. They like their guy better, we like our guy better, end of story. They've both won Super Bowls, and they're both going into Canton on the first ballot. Deal with it.

9.) Don't post 8 times and then whine about the quality of the board. It's annoying.

10.) Don't make up multiple screen names just to be troublesome. It's annoying.

RoadGrader 01-02-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 01:46 PM
The easygoing nature of this board is what makes it great. It's a community. And it's just small enough so that it's not overwhelming. If people want to get technical about football, there are threads for it; if people want to talk about stupid sh*t, there are threads for it; if people want to flirt and talk sex... well, that's in every thread, LOL.

But a couple of things I'd like to add, as my ten suggestions:

1.) If you think this place is only for Patriots fans, GFY.

2.) If you post an assclown poll, you better make it for a real assclown, not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. Or GFY.

3.) If you don't contribute to the Girlie Pic thread, or at least post a hot chick SOMEWHERE at SOME point... GFY. (Memberless members... there IS a Beefcake Thread. It's not our fault you're all not as judicious about keeping it up--near the top of the board--as we are with the GP thread.) :D

4.) Don't #&@% with the clown. As Bruce Banner said, "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." ROFL

5.) While this is not a democracy, sometimes you CAN glean some information from the majority. So if everyone's riding your a@@ about something, take a good long look at it. Like 9 out of 10 dentists who recommend sugarless gum, if 9 out of 10 people think you're an a@@, then you just might be, LOL.

6.) Everyone should take turns putting on the waders and putting a clothespin on their nose and wandering through the AA, if only to keep feeding the denizens the occasional morsel of a thread or post to keep them alive. :D

7.) Don't joke about Tatum and Stingley.

8.) "Manning vs. Brady" is a nauseatingly overtalked subject. They like their guy better, we like our guy better, end of story. They've both won Super Bowls, and they're both going into Canton on the first ballot. Deal with it.

9.) Don't post 8 times and then whine about the quality of the board. It's annoying.

10.) Don't make up multiple screen names just to be troublesome. It's annoying.

11.) DON'T piss off/scare away the women members we already have here even if they are fans of rival teams....you never know when one of them might will get crazy and post some juicy pics of themselves or their girl-friends or themselves and their girl-friends

Planet Man-Law™®

sonsofkraftybob 01-02-2008 02:15 PM

http://protecthouse.ytmnd.com/

tehmackdaddy 01-02-2008 02:59 PM

Perfection...well, if there weren't so many damn Patriots fans.