Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Politics and Religion Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Merrimack Valley gas leak (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75146)

mikiemo83 09-14-2018 12:23 PM

Merrimack Valley gas leak

Scary to think what could have happened, amazing that only one life was lost, still one too many. I really am glad it was not much worse than what we had and it was pretty freaking scary.

Just seems like something doesn't add up, anyone know what could cause the issue?

Baron Samedi 09-14-2018 12:29 PM

I was thinking how happy I am that it happened during the school year when the kids weren't home.

It's terrifying that something like this can even happen. I know that gas brings with it certain dangers, but I've never heard of a catastrophe like this...what is it, almost 40 homes? I know little to nothing of natural gas systems, but I always assumed that some kind of widespread thing like this wasn't really possible.

Man...I even think about how many people lost a beloved pet.

PatsFan09 09-14-2018 07:07 PM

My in-laws live right in the area hit in North Andover; the Groton Inn (rebuilt, gorgeous, and amazing) is giving people free rooms there from now through Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deec77 09-14-2018 07:26 PM

I heard about this from friends of mine and how cool is it that people without prompting reacted to help. See humanity really isnít that bad just saying.

~Dee~

Big/Sky/Fly 09-15-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 2538098)
Scary to think what could have happened, amazing that only one life was lost, still one too many. I really am glad it was not much worse than what we had and it was pretty freaking scary.

Just seems like something doesn't add up, anyone know what could cause the issue?

The west coast is getting evaporated, DEW/d and drought/d out. The east coast is getting flood/d out. The midwest is too...with tornados on top of it.

No rest for the wickit...(yeah, I spelt it rong)

BostonTim 09-15-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big/Sky/Fly (Post 2538161)
The west coast is getting evaporated, DEW/d and drought/d out. The east coast is getting flood/d out. The midwest is too...with tornados on top of it.

No rest for the wickit...(yeah, I spelt it rong)

Where are ball the global warming deniers yhis morning. :coffee:

TipRoast 09-15-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deec77 (Post 2538150)
I heard about this from friends of mine and how cool is it that people without prompting reacted to help. See humanity really isnít that bad just saying.

~Dee~

Who is it that says humanity is bad?

O_P_T 09-15-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2538101)
I was thinking how happy I am that it happened during the school year when the kids weren't home.

It's terrifying that something like this can even happen. I know that gas brings with it certain dangers, but I've never heard of a catastrophe like this...what is it, almost 40 homes? I know little to nothing of natural gas systems, but I always assumed that some kind of widespread thing like this wasn't really possible.

Man...I even think about how many people lost a beloved pet.

You didn't hear about San Bruno?

As I've said before, my group at work designs and builds equipment to do Non-Destructive Testing, and one of our biggest customer base is inspection companies for the oil and gas industry.

After San Bruno, there was a big push to evaluate natural gas pipelines, in residential areas.

That continues.

The news reports I heard about the North Andover leak is that the utility was doing some sort of maintenance and had an over pressurization event.

This is why they are doing a house by house inspection. They want to make sure that none of the valves, fittings, pipes, etc. in any given house failed due to this over pressurization. They don't want to turn on the gas until they are sure there will be no further leaks.

Big/Sky/Fly 09-16-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2538201)
Where are ball the global warming deniers yhis morning. :coffee:

Well, it is for sure man made...but, not in the way that most think that it is. :coffee:

tehmackdaddy 09-17-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_P_T (Post 2538249)
As I've said before, my group at work designs and builds equipment to do Non-Destructive Testing, and one of our biggest customer base is inspection companies for the oil and gas industry.

Do you also make non-nutritive cereal varnishes?

O_P_T 09-17-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehmackdaddy (Post 2538930)
Do you also make non-nutritive cereal varnishes?

Ummmm no.

You can see our stuff here

tehmackdaddy 09-17-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_P_T (Post 2539044)
Ummmm no.

You can see our stuff here

Is that real tomato ketchup, Clark?