Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Hockey Thread (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=18295)

SteelerFan87 10-06-2006 02:04 AM

Official Hockey Thread

I just realized there is no hockey thread here. Surely there are alot of Bruins fans here, right? So, since the NHL season has finally started, lets talk about hockey.

chef 10-06-2006 03:40 AM

LINDSTROM!!!!
go wings

kirjtc2 10-06-2006 07:11 AM

Say hello to your 2007 Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals!!!

(I can dream, can't I?)

tehrick67 10-06-2006 07:20 AM

My wife has put a bounty on the head of the person who came up with the centerice package, I can and will watch hockey 7 days a week...:thumb:

#1Patsfan_chica 10-06-2006 07:31 AM

I'm excited for the Bruins season. They can't be worse than last year. We will see what the captain Zdeno Charra will do. And hopefully Glenn Murray and Patrice have a good year.

Go Bruins!!!

sonsofkraftybob 10-06-2006 10:13 AM

I would rather watch a grass growing contect than Hockey.

I would rather watch a paint drying contest than Hockey.

I would rather watch the World Curling Championship than Hockey.

Any sport where all but the last place team in a division makes the playoffs....makes the regular season meaningless.

With that said my hate for Ulf Samuelson keeps my hate for Pittsburgh glowing brightly.:D

The*Big*Lebowski 10-06-2006 10:24 AM

I am cautiously optimistic of the new season. They've made some big changes and will probably take some time to develop. But the future does appear to be bright. I am eager to see Chara crushing people in front of the net.

mikiemo83 10-06-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Big Lebowski
I am cautiously optimistic of the new season. They've made some big changes and will probably take some time to develop. But the future does appear to be bright. I am eager to see Chara crushing people in front of the net.
I am really looking forward to this season, to me it will be a make or break

If improvement is shown and the at least make an appearance in the playoffs then I will keep watching if not I will watch casually like the last 2 years

RoadGrader 10-06-2006 10:29 AM

Hockey can sometimes be like watching poetry in motion

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/115328.GIF

IcyPatriot 10-06-2006 06:38 PM

I'm excited the Bruins begin tonight. I'm expecting a decent season from them because we have a real coach this year. I never liked Sullivan...the guy stayed with the same style of hockey even though he kept losing.

Best case scenario for the Bruins is the 6th playoff seed....which after last year would be great. If Tim Thomas and HT can play to their capabilities we can have a decnt season riding them.

I expect much better transitional hockey from the back this year. That was their biggest problem last year. Also, I think a few teams will be :banghead: that they passed on Kessel. His numbers going down mean nothing...he will excell in the NHL with more ice surface to play with.

Go Bruins ... also excited waiting for the Green to get going.

paperhanger 10-06-2006 07:20 PM

looks like we are in for a long hockey season, again.

chiefsgal* 10-06-2006 09:52 PM

Re: Official Hockey Thread

Quote:

Originally posted by SteelerFan87
I just realized there is no hockey thread here. Surely there are alot of Bruins fans here, right? So, since the NHL season has finally started, lets talk about hockey.

It's about time.......:thumb: except we will be talking about the stars....:D

chiefsgal* 10-06-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Therick67
My wife has put a bounty on the head of the person who came up with the centerice package, I can and will watch hockey 7 days a week...:thumb:

:dance:

dred 10-06-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonsofkraftybob
I would rather watch the World Curling Championship than Hockey.

Hey man, don't knock Curling. Thats a mans sport right there.

I actually had a good time watching it in the last Olympics.

One of those sports you have to be really, really "not sober" to get into.

:D

freak 10-07-2006 12:42 AM

SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE!!!!!!!

THROW OUT THE FISH!!!