Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38224)

Brady's Bunch 09-26-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 917909)
Danny Ainge is not a good GM. That is all.

LOL and Doc Rivers is an awful coach right?

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918000)
Pitino is a flaming piece of crap, I do not acknowledge his disgusting existence here.

Guys, I understand that Danny has done some good things, I just think it was a perfect storm and he got lucky. DS...you really going to praise him for getting Posey while he just let him walk when it is CLEAR how very much he is needed. Really?

I love this team and am stoked for the next couple seasons but I'm not putting Ainge or Doc into GM/Coach Boston lore yet.

Really.

Great coaches and GMs make mistakes.

I agree that they should have kept Posey. The difference was one year/$6mm. But has it occurred to you that ownership might have killed that? They might have said no.

Either way, your line about Danny and the Posey thing is like saying:

"Are you really going to praise BB for in game decision making given the idiotic 4th and 13 call?"

The answer to both is yes, I'm going to praise them. I think both decisions were quite bad but, on the whole, Danny and Bill are awesome.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradys Bunch (Post 918049)
LOL and Doc Rivers is an awful coach right?

Not great is a better description. Want to tell me his record as HC before the Big 3?

johnlocke 09-26-2008 02:08 PM

But what did he have to work with in Boston before that?

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918070)
Really.

Great coaches and GMs make mistakes.

I agree that they should have kept Posey. The difference was one year/$6mm. But has it occurred to you that ownership might have killed that? They might have said no.

Either way, your line about Danny and the Posey thing is like saying:

"Are you really going to praise BB for in game decision making given the idiotic 4th and 13 call?"

The answer to both is yes, I'm going to praise them. I think both decisions were quite bad but, on the whole, Danny and Bill are awesome.

BB has made one really head scratching decision...Danny has made a few.

This is no big deal guys...we just disagree.:shrug:

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 918085)
But what did he have to work with in Boston before that?

Paul Pierce, Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo (who's career he would have absolutely killed if not for Ray Allen saving him):shrug:

And I'm talking his career as a HC in totality..not just in Boston.

ParanoidPatriot 09-26-2008 02:18 PM

1.Theres no such thing as a sucky golf coarse
2. the dumbest people I know have higher education
3. being a parent is the most important job and most are not qualified to do it.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918090)
BB has made one really head scratching decision...Danny has made a few.

This is no big deal guys...we just disagree.:shrug:

It's just odd to read something sooooooo.....ungrateful.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918325)
It's just odd to read something sooooooo.....ungrateful.

Ungrateful? Wow. I don't see it that way. I'm merely saying I'm not buying any tickets to worship at an altar yet.:shrug:

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 03:55 PM

You are coming down kinda hard on the guy considering he manipulated the pieces he had well enough to bring a championship home.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 918338)
You are coming down kinda hard on the guy considering he manipulated the pieces he had well enough to bring a championship home.

Okay fine. I give, you all win. Danny Ainge is a great GM.

Now tell me how I feel about Cassel.;)

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 04:07 PM

Incomplete.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918330)
Ungrateful? Wow. I don't see it that way. I'm merely saying I'm not buying any tickets to worship at an altar yet.:shrug:

The guy was Exec of the year and made a series of moves that transformed your team from the cellar to champions in one season....and your reaction is "he's not so great; if the guy whose pants he took down wasn't so lousy, he would be deserving of less credit...."

I dunno, I do quibble with his Posey decision this year (if it was his decision)....but I think he's a pretty damned good GM, and I do think that there's a wide gap between worship and saying that he's not a good GM or whatever you first said.

Costanza 09-26-2008 04:24 PM

I always mix up the names Ainge
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...le-Posters.jpg

...with Aiello
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/m...lo_5132820.jpg

A slight difference, no?

JD10367 09-26-2008 04:25 PM

BOU is out of luck. Today, in the window of Newbury Comics, I saw a VPILF shirt with a pic of Palin. Sorry, dude....