Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island..... (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=3635)

Hawg73 05-29-2003 09:26 AM

So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island.....

....and survival is the key. You are allowed to select only one CD (player provided) so choose it carefully because you will have to listen to it many times.

You will also be allowed to bring a large supply of your favorite food, but again only one kind of meal so it has to be something that you won't easily tire of.

Finally you are allowed to select any person in the world to serve as your personal love slave. Note to the married/attatched that no guilt or consequences can result from this situation and you aren't allowed to miss your family in any way.

Who will be your choice?

You will also be allowed one luxury item to make your stay more tolerable. What will you bring?

My choices:

CD - I have listened to it a hundred times and never get tired of Chris Isaak's Baja Sessions - laid back and haunting acoustic versions of classic songs with a Tex/Mex/Tropical flavor. Everything from Roy Orbison's Only the Lonely to Marty Robbin's South of the Border. A superb and little-known effort.

Food - I have never tired of Shrimp Scampi with linguini as long as the shrimp is jumbo sized and juicy and there is plenty of garlic. I'm going to cheat and include a case or two of fine Chardonnay, say a nice Rosemount Australian. Which goes along with my next choice.

Lover - a tough choice. I can't go on looks alone since a pampered princess type will not be a solid companion on an island since she would probably start whining right away and kill my buzz. I'm going to pick Sandra Bullock since I watched two of her movies last week and think I'm in love. She's hot, smart, funny and I believe that she is probably a demon in the sack. I forgot to mention perky and would probably help me to build a love nest.

You never know with these hollywood types but I think we would get along just fine.

Luxury item - a Queen sized air bed with reinforced seams.

Undertaker #59* 05-29-2003 10:23 AM

Pretty easy for me:

CD - Frank Zappa, Best Band you Never Heard in Your Life

Food - The best Italian pizza I can find. Probably Regina from the North End, or maybe Pizzico in Nashua.

Chick - kinda tuff, but since they are a love SLAVE , personality doesn't matter too much :p , so I will go with Sung Hi Lee whom we explored in detail in the Girly Pic thread....though I don't know anything about her personality, so may get a pleasant surprise there :)

And I'll have to agree with you on the mattress as a luxury item, except I'll take one of those memory foam beds...the good, expensive one (with pillows of course), just can't remember the name right now.

Ballbustah 05-29-2003 11:05 AM

CD: I would never admit this to even my closest friends but... I downloaded a bunch of Western theme songs... That's right... I'm talking Magnificent Seven, The Cowboys, Lonesome Dove, The Beef, Thats whats for supper song, The Shootist, Tombstone, The Virginian, Ennio Morresconi (Spaghetti Westerns ie. Clint Eastwood stuff). Marlboro man song ect. I'm reluctant to say but it scratches an itch in my head.

Food: If you're ever in Gloucester get take-out pizza at Delany's. I know, I know Irish Pizza???? try it... especially the linguica/peppers. It is the best pizza on the planet. I would normally have ice cold Budwieser as my luxury item but I will cheat also and list it with my food item.
Running a close 2nd on food would be clams. Steamed in beer... I can eat them anytime anyday. Maybe the island I'm on is off of New England so I can dig my own.

Love Slave: J-LO... She makes me hot.

Luxury Item: Tara Patrick or that Giovanni chick.

pookie 05-29-2003 11:33 AM

Hmmmm....

CD: Third Eye Blind.... Their first one from '97 for sentimental reasons.

Food: Any and all New England seafood. You people don't know how good it is until you find your only choice is to buy fish/seafood from Kroger when it's 106 degrees outside. Oh ya, and cold Bud Light too.

Babe: Since U59 already stole Sung Hi Lee (bastard), I will have to go for Anna K.

Luxury Item: 55 foot air conditioned RV..... Or, if that's too extravagant, I'll settle for a nice set of golf clubs... With all that time on my hands, I'm sure I'd be able to build a little 9 hole executive course so I could play a round in between sessions w/ Anna.

Prometheus441 05-29-2003 04:09 PM

CD:Jimmy Buffett-Tuesdays,thursdays & Saturdays

Food: Lobstah with butter of course

Love slave: Jerry Ryan,just in case I go swimming;)

Luxury item:All the books that sit in my basement that I never got to read and probably wont.

dropKickMurphy 05-29-2003 05:55 PM

Re: So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island.....

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawg73
[B...Lover - a tough choice...I'm going to pick Sandra Bullock ....

Luxury item - a Queen sized air bed with reinforced seams. [/B]
So, when you are rescued after a few years, how are you going to respond to the inevitable question from Mrs. Hawg73: "Why didn't you use the f'ing air bed as a raft to get off the island?"

Hawg73 05-30-2003 06:31 AM

Re: Re: So you find yourself marooned on a deserted island.....

Quote:

Originally posted by dropKickMurphy
So, when you are rescued after a few years, how are you going to respond to the inevitable question from Mrs. Hawg73: "Why didn't you use the f'ing air bed as a raft to get off the island?"
And I would want to get off the island because..........?

Seriously, if that happened I would just say that I never thought of it because she wasn't there to tell me what to do.

bideau 05-30-2003 07:22 AM

CD - Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" with Queen's "A Night at the Opera" with a close second.

Food - Pizza I grew up with in Fitchburg, Espresso.

Lover - No question, Nicole Kidman.

Luxury item - I agree with the air bed. Even being with your dream lover can get old if your rolling around in dirt and sticks.

bideau 05-30-2003 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FallingAlice
Lover: .... . If a woman...Kirsten Scott Thomas.
Wow, I never knew this about Alice. I think she may have just launched a thousand fantasies.:D

PatsButterfly 05-31-2003 11:41 AM

one CD: Hmmm...this is a tough one, but I will have to go with Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.. the music seems to change to suit your needs.

large supply of your favorite food: This has got to be Danvers Firehouse Hawaiian Pizza..."wicked" awesome.

personal love slave: Matt McCaughnahey...(or however the hell you spell it)..He is just "yummy"... and my 2nd favorite beefcake thread inspiration.

You will also be allowed one luxury item to make your stay more tolerable. What will you bring? One of those screen houses people use in thier backyards..(to keep out rain and bugs)

05-31-2003 01:20 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FallingAlice [/i]
[B]Lover: If a woman...Kirsten Scott Thomas.[/B][/QUOTE]
Wow. Okay then, what was the question?

CD: "Time Out", Dave Brubeck Quartet. One of the more revolutionary jazz albums of all time. Still uplifting, cerebral, hip and funky after almost 50 years so I know it won't get old. Even the cover is a beautiful modernist painting.

Picking one food would be difficult because I love to cook and I love to eat. If I could choose only one meal I would probably simplify and make it a combination of two favorites: steak and lobster with a nice dry red wine.

Since we will be spending a lot of time together compatibility is a necessity. If I am going to be with someone forever, I don't want a slave but a partner. My choice would be Renee Zellweger. She seems genuinely nice, funny, fun-loving, and down to earth. (Sandra Bullock would have been my second choice but from what I am hearing she is just an air-mattress pilot these days....)

[IMG]http://www.filmrecensiepagina.com/img/renee24.jpg[/IMG]

My luxury item would be a simple Medieval Castle. Nothing pretentious, just a nice summer home.

[IMG]http://www.celticcastles.com/castles/eastnorcastle/images/castle3.jpg[/IMG]

Steve1 05-31-2003 07:52 PM

Here Goes.........

CD: Beatles One

Food: the Californian (a sandwich-wrap from Box Lunch, a chain of small resturants on the Cape-the sandwich includes turkey slices, avecado slices, swiss cheese, a little mayo, lettuce and tomato)

Love Slave: 1980's Rachel Welch

Luxury Item: A 21-inch laptop with endless wireless internet, pre-loaded movies (including Superbowl 36, with alternate audio....Gino and Gil, or Pat Sumerall and John Madden, or Howard David and Whoever), e-mail, obviously access to patriotsplanet, and a built-in wireless satelitte tv tuner, to watch the pats become champions in '03-'04! I guess this laptop would have to be loaded with a 100-year battery.

Have I missed anything?

runnerone 06-01-2003 01:08 AM

CD: My Delta sleep system CD, can't quiet the mind without it

Food: mmmm pizza mmm scampi, wait I'd be a porker in no time plus I think I'd tire of heavy food, Cheerios with a large supply of 1% milk and bananas, (good for the ticker keeps you light in the sack)

Lover, well since my first choice Rachael Welch of old, and Sandra Bullock of new were already taken, Hmmm, Jaclyn Smith of the original Charlies Angels yrs, Ohhh yeah.

Luxury item, well duh, a fully fueled Piper twin engine, just in case ole Jackie got old on me.:D

06-01-2003 01:05 PM

[B]Lover: If a man...I'd go with Liam Neeson. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was so preoccuppied with the second part of this equation that I nearly forgot that I was amazed by the first. LIAM Neeson? Liam Neeson?!

In recent months I've seen you support the indefensible behavior of an indivual like OJ Simpson, profess admiration for the unworthy Bill Parcells, and now...attraction to Liam Neeson?

[IMG]http://www.liamneeson-fansite.com/images/frontpic.gif[/IMG]

I am worried about you Alice. ;)

At least you didn't pick that French guy with the funny nose from the movie Green Card. Still, how could a guy with a name as Celtic as Neeson look so...Je ne sais quoi? For your ideal date do you plan to give him a bath?

Peg 06-01-2003 01:50 PM

What a fun idea for an off-season thread, Hawg! Thanks for the creative thought here... :)

My choice for a CD would be my Celtic Voices CD... Mostly instrumental, I keep it in the CD player of my laptop, on continuous play and listen to it constantly, so I know that I would never tire of it... :)

I always been of the mind that the potato could quite possibly be the perfect food, because it can be prepared in so many different ways, so taters would be a must. I'd also want Steamers, a green tossed salad & Miller Lite for my libation, to complete the meal... :)

My love slave would be none other than my beloved Ted Johnson... Hopefully he could recite romance novels from memory, to me, for as much as I would want to bring books along as my luxury item, I could never survive without my dogs... :)

So, my luxury item would be my three pooches & I would just hope that TJ is an animal lover... (OOH--did that have a dual meaning?! Hee-hee!!) ;)

ItsGood_ItsGood 06-01-2003 09:12 PM

CD: For a guy with a lifelong Springsteen jones, I will go off the board with "Aretha's Gold", a compendium of the Queen of Soul's greatest hits. Even on a portable tape player, it gave me hours of listening pleasure on the beaches of Hawaii in the carefree 80's.

Food: Medium rare grilled Chateau Briand. And, since I'm treating this like my last meal before execution (i.e., no consideration to weight gain or health or anything) a side of fried shrimp and clams. With a really good red wine (not French.)

Love slave: Of course, if Mrs. ItsGood is unavailable to be the Lovey to my Thurston, Sarah Michelle Gellar, before she got all skinny and dropped a cup size (by her own admission.)

Comfort item: I have never had the luxury of a really good video game system. I would love to have one hooked up to a plasma screen TV with NFL, MLB and those kinds of games where you shoot the hell out of demons and Nazis and such.

06-01-2003 09:49 PM

[B]About Neeson, what can I say. I'm in to rugged guys. I'm not so keen on "Pretty" men.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Perhaps I wasn't clear or accurate. You simply characterized OJ as "complex". Presumably you meant this in a "figuring out who he is going to cut up [i]next[/i] is complex" sort of way. ;) You know I can't resist an opportunity to rattle your cage. (They say we only rattle the ones we love).

I'm not advocating "pretty" men, in fact I'm not advocating "men" at all. I'm simply trying to solve the riddle of "pretty women walking with gorillas." There's masculine then there's just simply not attractive. Neeson walks that line. Being masculine doesn't mean you have to look like Mike Ricci (who, by the way, is considered "hot" by many women, presumably with his bridge in).

So you like Renee do you? I can always throw another log on the fantasy....

06-02-2003 07:12 PM

[B]Oops. Sorry. Not in [i] that [/i] way. (See my reply to the new girl-on-girl fantasy thread posted by IG_IG) But I think she'd be great company. I think I'd rather have great company than great sex on a desert island, anyway.

But did I ever tell you about the time my college roommate came home drunk off her...

oh, never mind. It's a dull story.[/B][/QUOTE]

That is so like a woman. I believe this is [i]my[/i] fantasy, and in it the two of you aren't so chatty, alright?

Dull story? Well if you must, go ahead and bore us with all of the details.... :)

ItsGood_ItsGood 06-02-2003 08:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FallingAlice
But did I ever tell you about the time my college roommate came home drunk off her...

oh, never mind. It's a dull story.

heh heh heh.

You might as well tell us the story. It's already waaaay more salacious in our twisted minds than truth could ever be. I think.

pookie 06-02-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NoRespect
That is so like a woman. I believe this is my fantasy, and in it the two of you aren't so chatty, alright?

Dull story? Well if you must, go ahead and bore us with all of the details.... :)

Oh yes Alice, do tell your boring drunken college sorority stories..... They'd be great fun to hear around the campfire.

Vanderloogen, eat your heart out buddy!! We have real women over here, not teeny boppers that yak yak yak about their alleged escapades. ;)

dropKickMurphy 06-03-2003 10:50 AM

CD:
I gotta go with something by the Commander...for over a quarter of a century, the tunes of Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen have always been able to lift my spirits. Especially when alcohol is involved, as it is (in my humble opinion) the best drinking music in the world. "We've Got a Live One Here" has a nice selection of vintage Commander music.

Food:
This is really a tough one. Barbequed ribs... Pad Thai ....calamari... Buffalo wings.... but if there's one food that I could eat every day without getting tired of it, it would have to be a Perfect Cheeseburger.

Lover:
Well, there's only one woman that I'm sure can put up with me for the long term. Mrs. dKm and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary later this month. Jeez, trading her in for a new model at this point would kind of feel like a Jimmy Johnson-ish move.
But, if forced to do so, I would have to go toward a youth movement. Not that I'm a dirty old man (although I am), but for the reason that we'll likely be stranded for a good many years. A younger lady would have more prime years available. I could go with Natalie Portman. Better yet, Kirsten Dunst. She gets my spidey sense tingling.

Luxury Item:
A thousand cases of top quality toilet paper. I'll give the rest of you jokers about 3 weeks of wiping your butts with sand before you start beating a path to my hut to trade your air beds, plasma TVs, and air conditioned RVs for a couple of rolls of Charmin.

Hawg73 06-03-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Lover:
Well, there's only one woman that I'm sure can put up with me for the long term. Mrs. dKm and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary later this month. Jeez, trading her in for a new model at this point would kind of feel like a Jimmy Johnson-ish move.

Jeezus, can't you follow simple instructions? and then you pick a couple of tootsies like Dunst and Portman?

What's the problem, weren't the Olsen twins available?

At least the tunes and food were solid choices.

I can't believe the luxury item choices on this thread. You pick toilet paper. Just like you focusing on your winky. You forgot to include the Sunday Globe Sports section.

Then we have everything from RV's, castles to Piper Cubs. Looks like I'm going to have to be more careful with the rules in the future;)

Seriously, this turned out better than I expected. A lot of solid CD suggestions that I can steal. Not bad entertainment for the middle of June. Thanks folks.:thumb:

Anyone for seconds?

bruschifan1 06-04-2003 08:42 PM

Hmmmmm..... This is a tough one for me, cuz I'd have such a hard time narrowing anything down but:

CD: Acoustic Soul by India Arie... I listen constantly and this CD has got a variety of tunes on it. *The CD isn't completely necessary since my "lover" will be croonin some Sax tunes to me, anyway..."

Food: A huge variety of the Freshest of the Fresh Sushi.... with some Japanese beer and Sake for Sake Bombs!!

Lover: Look to the left ladies and gentleman... Surprise?! LOL Now who else could it be??? (And if Peg just happens to be on an island close by, think of the game of naked coed football we could have! hehehe)

Luxury Item: Have to have my Origins Ginger Souffle body lotion.... Can't live without slathering the whole body daily.

bruschifan1 06-04-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

[B

Besides that, I've heard rumors that Neeson is...let's say...well equipped to handle any emergency that may arise. I forget where I heard this but whoever told me sounded credible.

[B]
Oh Yes! I recall seeing "The Unit" in a movie at one time... Can't recall just what it was at the moment, but Good Choice, Alice!!

Peg 06-04-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bruschifan1

Lover: Look to the left ladies and gentleman... Surprise?! LOL Now who else could it be??? (And if Peg just happens to be on an island close by, think of the game of naked coed football we could have! hehehe)

Yeow!! What fun!! So, what position would I play?!... ;)
And yourself?!...
Just think-- You and I and our respective Tedy/Teddy(s)... It doesn't get much better than that! :thumb:
Guess that one of us would need to list a boat as our luxury item, though, so that we could transport to our "away" games! LOL! :D

bruschifan1 06-05-2003 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peg
Yeow!! What fun!! So, what position would I play?!... ;)
And yourself?!...

Errrrrr.... I'd choose Wide Receiver!!!!! lol... (Who says it's better to give than receive?! Hogwash!)

:hump: Hehehehehe!

dropKickMurphy 06-05-2003 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Jeezus, can't you follow simple instructions? and then you pick a couple of tootsies like Dunst and Portman?

What's the problem, weren't the Olsen twins available?

The Olsen twins? ....Hmmmm, they are legal now.....on the other hand, I'd always be worried about Uncle Jesse barging in on us.

You have a a problem with the young and nubile Kirsten Dunst? All I can say is, if the photo below doesn't make your Peter Parker stand at attention, then....well, your proclivity for Broadway show tunes starts to make a lot more sense.

I don't know how long you're planning on being marooned on that island, but I would like to point out that your Ms. Bullock, at 39 years of age, is fast approaching the end of her "cute and perky" days. After 10 or 20 years, Kirsten will still have me shooting my web several times a day, while your sex slave is looking more and more like frail old Aunt Mae.

Hawg73 06-05-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

I don't know how long you're planning on being marooned on that island, but I would like to point out that your Ms. Bullock, at 39 years of age, is fast approaching the end of her "cute and perky" days. After 10 or 20 years, Kirsten will still have me shooting my web several times a day, while your sex slave is looking more and more like frail old Aunt Mae.
Just remember that YOU will be aging at the same time, wiseguy. A couple of years on that island with you and the Green Goblin would start looking pretty damn good to her. But what do I know being a gay showtune addict and all.

You might need a little rest to build signal fires or something.

Come to think of it, after seeing that pic of Ms. Dunst rescue would be a major disappointment. She done growed up!!

Does she fit into Wink's theory of: half-your-age-plus-7-years range of perfect compatibility?

Peg 06-05-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Just remember that YOU will be aging at the same time, wiseguy...

Does she fit into Wink's theory of: half-your-age-plus-7-years range of perfect compatibility?

Hmmm... That would mean that Kirsten would have to be the ripe old age of 30.5! I don't think so... :D
Geez--I wish I had known about Wink's theory last summer when I was seeing a 26 year old... Then maybe I wouldn't have dumped him over the "age differential"...
What I think that you guys are forgetting is that men reach their sexual prime in their early 20's... Women don't reach their's until their mid to late 30's... Hmmm... So, what's wrong with this picture?!... When Kirsten is 30 something, dKM will be...!!!... :rolleyes:
Hee-hee! But, WHO'S keeping track though?!... o:-)

ItsGood_ItsGood 06-06-2003 08:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peg
Hmmm... That would mean that Kirsten would have to be the ripe old age of 30.5!

It was one of the great philosophers, either Emmanuel Cant, Rene Descarte, or Sylvester Stallone who, when asked why he preferred young women, said,
"For the same reason that people like puppies."

06-06-2003 10:04 PM

[B]A natural redhead. [/B][/QUOTE]

Natural you say. Now we're getting somwhere. Tell us more Auntie Em.

pookie 06-06-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

Can't say too much. But I can say that she was a fine arts major (painting) and very attractive. A natural redhead. Looked a great deal like Julianne Moore.
Thank you Alice... you've given us married men something to think about/visualize and you've given the single fellas a theme for their Kleenex date.

PSC_Pats_Fan 02-15-2004 08:43 PM

I like this thrad and thought I'd bump it back to the front page for all to enjoy... or REenjoy!

But not without answering the original question first.

The CD I would bring is Billy Joel's greatest Hits Vol. I and II. (They come together as one CD)

-Billy Joel is DA MAN and no matter how many times I listen to him I'll never get sick of it.

The Food I'd bring is Chinese/Shepards Pie.

-A nutrious and delicious mix of Hamburg, Corn and Mashed Potatoes. Never gets old. If I could bring a drink, it would have to be Nestle Quick.

And the love slave/female companion... hmmm... I wouldn't want someone famous who's been poluted by who knows how many guys... so... I'd want the girl I had a crush on in highschool, ok there were two: Amber and Kim. Either one would do. :)

bradysbitch02 02-15-2004 09:37 PM

I was reading this thread and planning my response and for my CD choice was the easy Billy Joel's greatest hits Vol.1 & 2 and I was shocked some one else picked it but I'm still going with it its my all time favorite.

Food: Has to be coffee (no one wants to be anywhere with me unless I've had my coffee)

Love slave: No surprise here, Mr. Tom Brady ;)

Luxury item : Were going to be very busy so I'll need my toothbrush :)

Hawg73 02-15-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bradysbitch02
I was reading this thread and planning my response and for my CD choice was the easy Billy Joel's greatest hits Vol.1 & 2 and I was shocked some one else picked it but I'm still going with it its my all time favorite.

Food: Has to be coffee (no one wants to be anywhere with me unless I've had my coffee)

Love slave: No surprise here, Mr. Tom Brady ;)

Luxury item : Were going to be very busy so I'll need my toothbrush :)

Bb02, that last line was a thing of beauty.

nepatsfan93 02-16-2004 10:18 AM

CD: Could I just bring a radio that catches WEEI?

Food: Some great BBQ from Tennessee's BBQ in Peabody

Love slave: Jessica simpson, that takes care of the CD part too :D
http://www.britneyfreak.com/jessica-...-simpson08.jpg

BionicPatriot 02-16-2004 10:18 PM

CD: Slipknot

Food: Pizza, Nachos, and any other "crap" items you can think of.

Love slave: My GF ofcourse:)

shirtsleeve 02-10-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bideau on 05-30-2003 at 08:22 AM
CD - Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" with Queen's "A Night at the Opera" with a close second.

Food - Pizza I grew up with in Fitchburg, Espresso.

Lover - No question, Nicole Kidman.

Luxury item - I agree with the air bed. Even being with your dream lover can get old if your rolling around in dirt and sticks.

Espresso Sux. Ninas made good subs, though. The Marconi club used to make pizza every Wednesday. Now that was good pizza.:thumb:

Cleghorn Pizza and Twin City were my two fav's for pizza shop pizza.

dred 03-07-2007 12:03 AM

CD - The Best of the Doors!

Oh thats right... its 2 CD's.
Does that still count?

http://www.oldies.com/i/boxart/large...5596034524.jpg

Food - Carney Asada Burritos (from any taco joint in San Diego)
I HAVE lived on those for several years before. No lie.
Its MANDATORY that I have the HOT sauce to go with it too.

http://jschumacher.typepad.com/photo...d/img_7856.jpg

Lover - Janine Turner (of Northern Exposure)

She could help me build a badass shelter... and boat for that matter. Plus she has an awesome personality that would definitely make the situation pleasurable.

http://members.aol.com/moostified/denimgal.jpg

Luxury item - Martin DR-41.

With lots and lots of strings! :D

http://www.therebeccacenter.org/stor...41-a-large.jpg

tehmackdaddy 03-09-2007 08:54 PM

CD: Allman Bros. Greatest Hits (they can really jam)

Food: Pizza (never gets old)

Slave: Mrs. tmack (hey, she's hot and we get along. what more can I ask for for the rest of my life?)

Luxury: lifetime supply of razors (I don't want mrs. tmack to have hairy legs or a grandma patch)

Costanza 03-23-2007 03:44 AM

CD: Hmm, this is tough. I think I'd go with Norah Jones "Come Away with me". It's a good CD and I think it would chill me out nicely. Plus I am a singing machine and I love to sing her songs.

Food: I'd say sushi. But if we are getting to eat seafood and all that from the island, I'll say pizza. Never gets old to me, either.

Slave: Honestly, I'd take my husband. Like Tmack said about his spouse- mine's hot, can ****, can make a fire from anything and a shelter from anything, and an all around good dude. He's the perfect catch. If I could not choose him, I'd choose Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild. I love me a crazy mofo like that. And he'd be handy, too.

Luxury: I'll have to be unoriginal and say an RV. Got the bed, a shower and a fridge all in one.

That bring the toothbrush comment is classic!

The*Big*Lebowski 03-26-2007 12:48 PM

CD: Stevie Ray Vaughn's greatest hits. The Wall a close second.

Food: Pizza is easy enough. And it's good hot, cold or luke-warm.

Slave: By far the hardest choice of the bunch. And you people picking your spouses, bleh. Obviously. Get creative and pretend you CAN'T pick your spouse.
I'm taking Diane lane. She strikes me as a tough chic and is one of those women that can be smokin hot no matter what clothes she is (or isn't) wearing. She also seems like she'd look good without makeup.

Luxury item: I want a crossbow.

Costanza 03-26-2007 02:33 PM

Hey man, I picked Bear Grylls to make all you people less bored from picking my husband, so there!

And that, or should I say those, Stevie Ray Vaughn greatest hits CD's are a must have. Probably some of my most played discs. You have great taste in music, if I do say so myself.:clap:

The*Big*Lebowski 03-28-2007 08:30 AM

I know, I didn't mean you in particular. :grovel: You gave a good backup, Bear is a badass.

And Stevie.... :crying:

P4E 04-02-2007 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
man this is tough.

CD=blink 182 greatest hits

FOOD=chilli doritos

LUXURY ITEM=soccer ball(i could practice my tea ups all day)

LOVE SLAVE=lilly allen(that girl has got it going on,all show u a pic if u dont no who she is.)

Baron Samedi 04-05-2007 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CD - J.Geils Band Greatest Hits

Food - Something I would never get sick of..Pasta with meat sauce and LOTS of cheese!!!

Lover - Rose McGowan......OMFG! I'd better have plenty of fresh water, cause I'll be dehydrated.

Luxury item - OK, I'm assuming I have a knife and necessities to make my pasta.
I would like a solar powered short wave radio, or satellite radio that can get something in to listen to.

Fully Tilted 05-08-2007 09:11 PM

You're On An Island Alone For The Rest of Your Life...

And all you can take with you is one CD, one book, one magaizine and one movie. Obviously all of the appropriate electronics are there for you to play your CD and movie. What do you bring?

I take:

Book - The Odyssey
CD - Jack Johnson "On and On"
Magazine - Maxim
Movie - The Godfather

My answers are all subject to change at any given moment :D

chiefsgal* 05-08-2007 09:29 PM

Book- my Bible
CD-anything by Metallica
Magazine- Sports Ills
Movie-The Lord of the Rings(complete set)

:D

easycome_easygo 05-08-2007 09:30 PM

Re: You're On An Island Alone For The Rest of Your Life...

Book - How to Build a Raft from a Few Bits of Driftwood
CD - just one? Radiohead..... maybe
Magazine - How to survive on a stranded island??? Is that a mag? lol
Movie - The Notebook (don't laugh) or should I pick Cast Away with Tom Hanks?

JONATHAN! 05-08-2007 09:42 PM

Book, The Bible

CD, Don't need one, save the batteries which won't last long anyway

Magazine, Hmmmm, pRon or survival........I take pRon

Movie, easy, I'm on a desert island. :doh:

Fully Tilted 05-08-2007 09:43 PM

Re: Re: You're On An Island Alone For The Rest of Your Life...

Quote:

Originally posted by vinceyoungfan on 05-08-2007 at 10:30 PM
Book - How to Build a Raft from a Few Bits of Driftwood
CD - just one? Radiohead..... maybe
Magazine - How to survive on a stranded island??? Is that a mag? lol
Movie - The Notebook (don't laugh) or should I pick Cast Away with Tom Hanks?

Whatever floats your non-existent boat. What's the matter? Couldn't think of a CD related to being stranded on an island? Oasis maybe? :D

Number Cruncher 05-08-2007 09:55 PM

Book - The Cardinal Of The Kremlin - Tom Clancy
CD - The Who - The Kids Are Alright
Mag - Penthouse (how will new issues get delivered?)
Movie - Gettysburg

Ras 05-09-2007 12:46 AM

CD - any multi-disc album - can use backside to flag down passing planes or ships.

Movie - assume DVD - Sopranos 1st season for same reason as above.

Magazine - GQ - the insert ad for men's cologne would be needed for those funky days.

Book - Bhutan: A Visual Odyssey Across the Kingdom - largest book ever produced. The pages will be needed for sanitary purposes.

Box_O_Rocks 05-09-2007 02:00 AM

Book - SF Survival Guide
CD - anything by Alison Krause
DVD - Serenity
Magazine - Good News

P4E 05-09-2007 05:07 AM

Cd=shout at the devil=Motley crue
Book=the outsiders
Dvd=Goonies
Magazine=World soccer

bideau 05-09-2007 05:22 AM

We have a nearly identical thread in the classics forum.

Perhaps we should merge these?

babalu87 05-09-2007 05:51 AM

Book- The Bible or War and Peace and no I am not very religious but that is the only way I would read either piece of literature.

CD-The Metallica album they did with Micheal Kaman and the San Francisco orchestra.

Magazine- Playboy. Good news, good articles and enough spanking material though I would definitely have banged a monkey after about a year.

DVD- Braveheart

TipRoast 05-09-2007 06:19 AM

Movie: Caddyshack
Book: Complete works of Shakespeare
CD: Beethoven's 9th
Magazine: Scientific American

JD10367 05-09-2007 07:14 AM

Movie: "Cast Away"
Book: "Robinson Crusoe"
CD: Music from the show 'Lost'
Magazine: Playboy

grog 05-09-2007 07:25 AM

Movie: Home Movie of my family
Book:A Match Book
CD: A Sound effects CD that plays sirens and other sounds to help people find my sorry butt
Magazine: I'd take an old Sears catalog for various reasons.

Baron Samedi 05-09-2007 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the other thread better, I could take Rose Mcgowan with me!:thumb:

Darth Despot 05-09-2007 07:30 AM

Book - The Lord of the Rings (I have a bound copy with all 3 books included)

CD - Born to Run

Movie - Gladiator

Magazine - National Geographic

Brownfan80 05-09-2007 07:41 AM

Book: hmm, I'll agree and say the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's long enough that by the time you finish it, you've forgotten half of what happened at the start.

CD: Low - The Great Destroyer.

Movie: Three Games to Glory II

Magazine: Cheri

JD10367 05-09-2007 07:42 AM

Okay, seriously...

Book: Anne McCaffrey's "The Dragonriders of Pern". Technically, it's actually three books ("Dragonflight", "Dragonquest", "The White Dragon"), but you CAN buy this tome so technically it is one book by itself.

Movie: "Star Wars".

CD: "The Grand Illusion" (Styx)

Magazine: not sure I understand this one. Are we talking a single issue? Are we talking the collected works of one publication? Are we talking a monthly subscription that magically washes ashore on the 1st of each month? They're all different animals. If it's a single issue, there's one particular Playboy I fondly, er, remember from my youth. >) If it's the collected works, obviously National Geographic since it's been around so long (it would supply you with reading material for a century). If it's a monthly subsription that magically washes ashore, that one's easy: Patriots Football Weekly! :thumb:

Baron Samedi 05-09-2007 07:43 AM

Edgar Allen Poe - collected works

CD - J. Geils Band Greatest hits

Movie - Any PrOn movie with Kobe Tai will do

Magazine - ( a subscription, I presume) - I don't know....some kind of survival magazine.

Darth Despot 05-09-2007 07:44 AM

Can I change my Magazine to the real doll catalogue (with a credit card and sattelite phone tucked into it)

JD10367 05-09-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Baron Samedi on 05-09-2007 at 08:43 AM
Movie - Any PrOn movie with Kobe Tai will do
Thanks a lot. I did a GooglePic search and now I have to work all day with those images in my mind. :4321:

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bideau on 05-09-2007 at 06:22 AM
We have a nearly identical thread in the classics forum.

Perhaps we should merge these?

Oh man. It's like I did a horrible cover of a song that you just can't do a cover of. I feel like Sanjayah.

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JD10367 on 05-09-2007 at 08:42 AM

Magazine: not sure I understand this one. Are we talking a single issue? Are we talking the collected works of one publication? Are we talking a monthly subscription that magically washes ashore on the 1st of each month? They're all different animals. If it's a single issue, there's one particular Playboy I fondly, er, remember from my youth. >) If it's the collected works, obviously National Geographic since it's been around so long (it would supply you with reading material for a century). If it's a monthly subsription that magically washes ashore, that one's easy: Patriots Football Weekly! :thumb:

I was thinking single issue. Even in a hypothetical sense I'd be pissed if I was stranded on an island and a mailman came by to deliver my magazine once a month and didn't offer me a lift home.

Darth Despot 05-09-2007 07:57 AM

Surprised I never responded to this

CD - Born to Run

Food - Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza from The Lynwood in Randolph with Sam Adams Octoberfest to Wash it down

Lover - I'll be boring and stick with my wife. I'm going to need to get along with this person when no one else is around.

Luxury Item - A 70-foot Sailing Yatch

Brady's Bunch 05-09-2007 08:00 AM

Book - American Psycho

CD - "...And Justice for All" Metallica

Movie - "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi"

Mag - Maxim

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bradys Bunch on 05-09-2007 at 09:00 AM
Book - American Psycho

CD - "...And Justice for All" Metallica

Movie - "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi"

Mag - Maxim
Blasphemy.

Darth Despot 05-09-2007 08:05 AM

This isn't going to turn into a geek fight where you guys argue the merits of "Empire Strikes Back" vs "Return of the Jedi" back and forth until you have no choice but to duel to the death with plastic light sabers, is it?

Baron Samedi 05-09-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JD10367 on 05-09-2007 at 08:47 AM
Thanks a lot. I did a GooglePic search and now I have to work all day with those images in my mind. :4321:
the pics don't do her justice!:thumb: :4321:

southcarolina 05-09-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Benign Despot on 05-09-2007 at 09:05 AM
This isn't going to turn into a geek fight where you guys argue the merits of "Empire Strikes Back" vs "Return of the Jedi" back and forth until you have no choice but to duel to the death with plastic light sabers, is it?

God i hope so.

Brownfan80 05-09-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

For me the Star Wars debate ends at: The old ones = good, The new ones = bad.

JD10367 05-09-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

It's actually a simple discussion. It boils down to this: the bigger the director, the less he listens to people. Who was going to tell Lucas that the Ewoks were a bad idea, or that Jar-Jar Binks should've been CTL-ALT-DEL? The same reason no one told the W Brothers to make the last two "Matrix" films without so much talking, or why no one told Tarantino that the half-hour of chick-conversation at the front of "Death Proof" wasn't necessary.

The last film was good only because it finished showing the genesis of Vader. But after "Empire" the three that followed were weak. The aforementioned Ewoks and Jar-Jar; too many goofy things (WTF was up with the two-headed announcer in the podrace in "Phantom Menace" doing the homey-girl side-to-side thing?); too many trips to the same well (e.g. the podrace = the speederbike chase in "Return Of The Jedi"); the incredibly pretentious and bad dialogue written for poor Natalie Portman.

You also have the inherent sequel dilemma. The first of anything is always the best because it's fresh and new. The ones that follow are usually just an attempt to cash in. If they're not, then usually they're just "more of the same" from the first film. There have been rare exceptions to this: "Empire" was excellent, and I'd put "Wrath Of Khan" in there as well. But, by and large, when it comes to sequels they're just not as 'fresh' as the original.

I would rank them:
1.) "Star Wars"
2.) "Empire"
3a.)(tie) "Return"/"Revenge"
5.) "Clones"
6.) "Phantom"

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

You sound all too familiar with the topic BD. Obviously the force is strong with you as well.

I was just breakin' stones really. It's his island.

But yes, for the record, Empire was BY FAR the best movie of the entire series.

RoadGrader 05-09-2007 08:58 AM

Book - The Annotated Lady Chatterley's Lover - Deluxe Edition [pre-highlighted "good" passages]

CD - Dire Straits Greatest Hits

Magazine - Popular Mechanics [special "Make a Realistic Female from Any Indigenous Fruit-Tree" edition]

Movie - anything with Linda Lovelace in it as long as it's in IMAX

mikiemo83 05-09-2007 09:13 AM

Book - playboy guide to Batchelor Parties w/ inflatable doll

CD Barry Whites Greatest hits

Magazine - soldiers of Fortune

Movie - Jesus Christ Superstar

The*Big*Lebowski 05-09-2007 09:16 AM

Book: Stephen King's The Stand

CD: SRV's greatest hits

Magazine: Playboy. Any one with a red-head as centerfold

Movie: Return of the King

MEPATNUT 05-09-2007 09:27 AM

Movie- DVD- 3 Games to glory Parts 1,2,3,4, &5.

CD- that is soooo 1990's. Load up my MP3 palyer with every song I've ever liked.

Book- "How to build a Golf Coarse on a deserted island". If I'm going to be alone there, I might as well play as much golf as I want. Need my bag, clubs, and my balls with the 5X SB Champion logo.

Magazine- The one with the hottest babes doing the hottest things. My wife won't be there to throw them out. :LOL:

Brady's Bunch 05-09-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JD10367 on 05-09-2007 at 09:37 AM
It's actually a simple discussion. It boils down to this: the bigger the director, the less he listens to people. Who was going to tell Lucas that the Ewoks were a bad idea, or that Jar-Jar Binks should've been CTL-ALT-DEL? The same reason no one told the W Brothers to make the last two "Matrix" films without so much talking, or why no one told Tarantino that the half-hour of chick-conversation at the front of "Death Proof" wasn't necessary.

The last film was good only because it finished showing the genesis of Vader. But after "Empire" the three that followed were weak. The aforementioned Ewoks and Jar-Jar; too many goofy things (WTF was up with the two-headed announcer in the podrace in "Phantom Menace" doing the homey-girl side-to-side thing?); too many trips to the same well (e.g. the podrace = the speederbike chase in "Return Of The Jedi"); the incredibly pretentious and bad dialogue written for poor Natalie Portman.

You also have the inherent sequel dilemma. The first of anything is always the best because it's fresh and new. The ones that follow are usually just an attempt to cash in. If they're not, then usually they're just "more of the same" from the first film. There have been rare exceptions to this: "Empire" was excellent, and I'd put "Wrath Of Khan" in there as well. But, by and large, when it comes to sequels they're just not as 'fresh' as the original.

I would rank them:
1.) "Star Wars"
2.) "Empire"
3a.)(tie) "Return"/"Revenge"
5.) "Clones"
6.) "Phantom"

I have to disagree, I just love Return of the Jedi the best. You get to see Luke as finally reaching his potential and it has the best lightsaber fights of the three originals. I just love seeing as the Emporer attempts to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Luke trying to turn Vader to the Light Side of the Force. To me, Luke has every reason to turn to the Dark side (his father, Obi wan and Yoda lieing to him) but Luke doesn't which has always made him my favorite Jedi. Oh god my geek sensors just go crazy thinking about it!

1. Return
2. Empire
3. Star Wars
4. Revenge
5. Clones
6. Phantom

At least we agree the new ones were the worst

Brady's Bunch 05-09-2007 09:42 AM

By the way, this is me...

Anytime, anywhere, BRING IT

http://a964.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...93574963_l.jpg

southcarolina 05-09-2007 09:46 AM

Oh its BRUNG!!!!!

http://www.webdesign.org/img_article...eorgeFinal.jpg

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bradys Bunch on 05-09-2007 at 10:41 AM

At least we agree the new ones were the worst

I hope that is general consensus for all.

The*Big*Lebowski 05-09-2007 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Return of the Jedi could have been the greatest, but the ewoks definitely took it down to 5th place in my list. I don't understand how Sith isn't getting much love here. As unbearable as Hayden Christensen was in Clones, he really did a good job in Sith. And Ewen McGregor was a fantastic Obi-Wan. I still love all 6 films.

1. Empire
2. Sith
3. New Hope
4. Clones
5. Jedi
6. Menace

Bring it on bitches!

mikiemo83 05-09-2007 10:13 AM

CD -

Food - Pizza - town spa or Denenno's - simple cheese and a lot of water

Lover - Wife

Luxury Item - my Kids or if it needs to be material Item - a solar powered Hut

#1Patsfan_chica 05-09-2007 10:46 AM

Book: Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
CD: Norah Jones
Magazine: People
Movie: Notting Hill

Joker 05-09-2007 11:03 AM

Book: My Life Story....by me
CD: Songs in the Key Of Me
Magazine:"Is that me on the cover of People Magazine?...yes...yes it is.."
Movie: The Joker Is Wild

PSC_Pats_Fan 05-09-2007 11:10 AM

Book: The Last Day by Glenn Kleier

CD: Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2

Magazine: If just one copy? The best issue of Playboy or Penthouse I could find. If a subscription? Readers Digest.

Movie: Forrest Gump

---------------------------------------------
Runners Up:

Book: It by Stephen King

CD: Pink Floyd's The Wall

Magazine: Sports Illustated

Movie: Apollo 13

JD10367 05-09-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bradys Bunch on 05-09-2007 at 10:41 AM
I have to disagree, I just love Return of the Jedi the best. You get to see Luke as finally reaching his potential and it has the best lightsaber fights of the three originals. I just love seeing as the Emporer attempts to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Luke trying to turn Vader to the Light Side of the Force. To me, Luke has every reason to turn to the Dark side (his father, Obi wan and Yoda lieing to him) but Luke doesn't which has always made him my favorite Jedi. Oh god my geek sensors just go crazy thinking about it!
Yes, the lightsaber battle is great. "Return" also has a lot of drama, with the Emperor trying to turn Luke during the space battle, the long drawn-out fight between Luke and Vader, the seemindly endless torture scene of the Emperor cooking Luke, Vader's pivotal redemption (spoiler alert! LOL) when he throws the Emperor off the balcony, and the fact that it wraps up the "real" three films.

However, this is all balanced out in the negative column by:

1.) Jabba The Hutt. One of the worst puppets ever done.

2.) The sad attempt to recreate the Cantina Band. (I did like the blue Barbapapa playing the keyboards, though.)

3.) The almost total emasculation of Han Solo. You could practically see Harrison Ford mumbling, "Just keep reminding me how much I'm getting paid for this..."

4.) The total let-down of a death when they killed Boba Fett by having him clumsily fall into a giant desert bellybutton. Lame!!

5.) Leia, like Solo, having not much to do aside from utter banalities (plus she had to deal with furry dwarves).

6.) The Ewoks. 'Nuf said.

7.) C-3PO at his most useless and annoying. I almost threw up at the cutesy telling of the story to the Ewoks with C-3PO making 8-bit sound effects and the little Ewok puppets cowering. :Eason:

8.) A very lame human Vader. They couldn't find anyone better to fill that suit?!? That guy looked like someone who plays with himself on a park bench...

9.) The Mon Calamari. Bejesus.

10.) The giant asteroid worm: one of the most improbable creatures in sci-fi. What the hell does he eat and drink?

MEPATNUT 05-09-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by #1Patsfan_chica on 05-09-2007 at 11:46 AM
Book: Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
CD: Norah Jones
Magazine: People
Movie: Notting Hill

That is so gay.

mikiemo83 05-09-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MEPATNUT on 05-09-2007 at 01:18 PM
That is so gay.
even for a Female Poster?

Nora Jones is a good listen

#1Patsfan_chica 05-09-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

That is so gay.
Don't call my picks gay.

BY1401 05-09-2007 12:30 PM

Re: You're On An Island Alone For The Rest of Your Life...

Book - The Aeneid
CD - W.F.O. by Overkill
Magazine - Nugget (can it be a subscription?)
Movie - Monty Python's Meaning of Life

Brownfan80 05-09-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by #1Patsfan_chica on 05-09-2007 at 01:26 PM
Don't call my picks gay.
Pillowfight!

Fully Tilted 05-09-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

That is so gay.
(upside quesionmark)Habla espanol?

MEPATNUT 05-09-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by #1Patsfan_chica on 05-09-2007 at 01:26 PM
Don't call my picks gay.
Sorry, I thought those were Mikies picks.

Being a memberless member those are suitable. :LOL: ROFL

#1Patsfan_chica 05-09-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MEPATNUT on 05-09-2007 at 01:49 PM
Sorry, I thought those were Mikies picks.

Being a memberless member those are suitable. :LOL: ROFL

That's ok, I'll let it go this time.