Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38224)

PatrietteAz 02-19-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LurkingWife (Post 1091184)
Just finished watching Criminal Minds. It was about a guy who studied serial killers then became one himself. I really should have gone into criminal justice. :banghead: NOT that I would have turned into a serial killer or anything, but I might not feel as guilty when this chit fasinates me so much.

Its NOT too late.:) You do seem to LOVE it.

Speaking of jobs..I got the job at the Biosphere 2 and am on my way there tomorrow to get things rolling.:)

ANd NO I still haven't seen the Pauly Shore movie.

mikiemo83 02-20-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrietteAz (Post 1091212)
Its NOT too late.:) You do seem to LOVE it.

Speaking of jobs..I got the job at the Biosphere 2 and am on my way there tomorrow to get things rolling.:)

ANd NO I still haven't seen the Pauly Shore movie.

congrats on the job....I suggest a Planet Party to see how it copes with outsiders

I bring the keg and plastic cup, the Cigars and processed meats for grilling

DarrylStingley 02-20-2009 08:00 AM

Why does it bother me so much that some Celtics fans don't grasp just how stupid it was to let Posey go?

I'm almost annoyed that some otherwise intelligent life forms don't get this as I am over the decision itself.

A possible answer is that abject stupidity just bothers me.

Still, it's odd.

mikiemo83 02-20-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 1091285)
Why does it bother me so much that some Celtics fans don't grasp just how stupid it was to let Posey go?

I'm almost annoyed that some otherwise intelligent life forms don't get this as I am over the decision itself.

A possible answer is that abject stupidity just bothers me.

Still, it's odd.

is this based on the injury to Garnett and Allen?

I think the team had to make a choice much like the Patriots letting go of Willie Mac or Lawyer Malloy or Ty Law

the front Office fiscally needs to be responsible and until the final roster is set (see Joe Smith and teh Arse from NY) I can not pass final judgement on this season never mind the long term effect

I think Ainge is happy with the BB Brian Cox type to come in late in the career to get a ring over the long term Posey money that may effect who gets signed as the big three's deals run out.

Brian Cox type is easy to get to a one year deal with the exemption money rather than locked up money

but again until Ainge finishes the roster by March 1st it is still to early to tell

oh and I am glad Shaq never made it to cleveland

DarrylStingley 02-20-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 1091294)
is this based on the injury to Garnett and Allen?

I think the team had to make a choice much like the Patriots letting go of Willie Mac or Lawyer Malloy or Ty Law

the front Office fiscally needs to be responsible and until the final roster is set (see Joe Smith and teh Arse from NY) I can not pass final judgement on this season never mind the long term effect

I think Ainge is happy with the BB Brian Cox type to come in late in the career to get a ring over the long term Posey money that may effect who gets signed as the big three's deals run out.

Brian Cox type is easy to get to a one year deal with the exemption money rather than locked up money

but again until Ainge finishes the roster by March 1st it is still to early to tell

oh and I am glad Shaq never made it to cleveland

It has NOTHING to do with Garnett's injury (which is hopefully short term) or the injury to TA.

It was because letting Posey go over not paying for one more year than they were prepared to was moronic. The Celts have a short window with Pierce, Allen and Garnett getting up there in age, and preserving financial flexibility in 2012 should have been a minor consideration given that Posey was one of thier more important players last year and his absence is a substantial reason why the Celts haven't beaten one of the elite NBA teams (Spurs, Lakers and Cavs) since opening night.

Maybe Ainge will be able to add Joe Smith or Marbury or make some other veteran move, and maybe the Posey mistake will be covered up. I hope that happens. But if Ainge had done the right thing, he would have less covereing up to do and would just have to deal with PJ Brown's retirement.

mikiemo83 02-20-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 1091297)
It has NOTHING to do with Garnett's injury (which is hopefully short term) or the injury to TA.

see I expected anger over the Garnett INjury today and was going to post it when I saw your post

he hurt it going up which I think would be better than coming down on it wrong

I just refuse to judge the Posey leaving until we have the final roster, it is a long season

DarrylStingley 02-20-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiemo83 (Post 1091301)
see I expected anger over the Garnett INjury today and was going to post it when I saw your post

he hurt it going up which I think would be better than coming down on it wrong

I just refuse to judge the Posey leaving until we have the final roster, it is a long season

No anger over that for now....I'm assuming it will be something he can manage. If not, the season is toast. I'll save my anger for when I find out.

In my view, the Posey call was not defensible when made and nothing that happens thereafter changes the basic point that it was a terrible decision. I share the hope that they'll audible well, but there is no guaranty whatsoever that a veteran will land in their laps, and again, even if they get one, having Posey AND whoever they add to replace Brown would have been the right course.

TBrownslady 02-20-2009 10:23 AM

I found my jr high/high school crush on facebook. Well one of them. But this one was one of my good friends back in the day. He told me he loved me one day and I just smiled and laughed because I thought he was just kidding. Even after he said NO I love you once again I laughed and went on with what I was doing :banghead: His smile still makes me melt LOL ahhh and he's a firefighter now wuv I am sure he is also married with kids by now. But still nice to look at LOLOL

newsleepyjean 02-20-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 1091379)
I found my jr high/high school crush on facebook. Well one of them. But this one was one of my good friends back in the day. He told me he loved me one day and I just smiled and laughed because I thought he was just kidding. Even after he said NO I love you once again I laughed and went on with what I was doing :banghead: His smile still makes me melt LOL ahhh and he's a firefighter now wuv I am sure he is also married with kids by now. But still nice to look at LOLOL

I hear that, TBL! Even after 50 years (yeah, I'm an old fart now) whenever I run into my first love my heart still beats faster. :heart::heart:

TBrownslady 02-20-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsleepyjean (Post 1091410)
I hear that, TBL! Even after 50 years (yeah, I'm an old fart now) whenever I run into my first love my heart still beats faster. :heart::heart:

I ran in to him a few years ago. I went to the super market for a few things. Hair up no makeup tshirt and workout pants on. I am standing there and I hear Kathy? I turned around face beat red he looked SO good and here I was a mess LOLOL

PatsFanLisa 02-20-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 1091421)
I ran in to him a few years ago. I went to the super market for a few things. Hair up no makeup tshirt and workout pants on. I am standing there and I hear Kathy? I turned around face beat red he looked SO good and here I was a mess LOLOL

You left the house without makeup? ROFL

TBrownslady 02-20-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 1091426)
You left the house without makeup? ROFL

I haven't since that day LOLOL

Claremonster 02-20-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 1091427)
I haven't since that day LOLOL

Good girl. You do know, don't you, that the patriarchal male society still requires you to wear makeup IN the home, as well, so that you always look your best for your man when he comes home from work. Right? You DID get the memo, right?

;)

:p

popcorn

TBrownslady 02-20-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 1091447)
Good girl. You do know, don't you, that the patriarchal male society still requires you to wear makeup IN the home, as well, so that you always look your best for your man when he comes home from work. Right? You DID get the memo, right?

;)

popcorn

LOL I don't always look my best still :) I just atleast make sure I have mascara on so it actually looks like I have eyelashes.

PatsFanLisa 02-20-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 1091447)

;)

popcorn

I wrote that memo....and it works both ways. :coffee: