Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38224)

Claremonster 01-05-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 1035031)
So, I like hummus. For "name brand" I usually grab either Tribe Of Two Sheikhs or Cedars.

I picked up some hummus the other day, which I'm eating now with Sahara pita bread. (BTW, all other pita bread I've tried tastes like pizzabox cardboard. Sahara's rocks.) Anyway, I just realized that they shortened the name to just "Tribe". WTF? Is this a political incorrectness backlash? Was the word "Sheikhs" in their name causing them to be targeted for hate crimes or something? :confused: They furthermore added a tagline, "America's Favorite". Wahoo! Can you see the red white and blue flag waving in the breeze, LOL? How about a logo of a guy on a camel wearing an iPod and sneakers and riding to the mall or something? It's pretty sad when some corporate marketer has to tell a company to change its name in order to avoid associating their product with an entire region of the planet.

You eat Hummus? That's even MORE sad. I'm just sayin.

tehrick67 01-05-2009 03:01 PM

WTF exactly is Hummus:shrug: is it that green shit:coffee:

JD10367 01-05-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 1035037)

Dude. Your ancestors ate, like, buffalo ass and stuff. I mean, they'd cut the still-beating heart out of a stag and bite into it. And you're bitching about some #$&%ing chickpeas with lemon juice? :coffee: ROFL

Costanza 01-05-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 1035037)

I've tried it. It's okay for a bite or 2. Then I realize it's ****ing garbanzo beans.

Costanza 01-05-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 1035042)
Dude. Your ancestors ate, like, buffalo ass and stuff. I mean, they'd cut the still-beating heart out of a stag and bite into it.

drool

Claremonster 01-05-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1035041)

It's a Levantine Arab dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, human ass, lemon juice, salt and garlic.

Bender 01-05-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 1035031)
So, I like hummus. For "name brand" I usually grab either Tribe Of Two Sheikhs or Cedars.

I picked up some hummus the other day, which I'm eating now with Sahara pita bread. (BTW, all other pita bread I've tried tastes like pizzabox cardboard. Sahara's rocks.) Anyway, I just realized that they shortened the name to just "Tribe". WTF? Is this a political incorrectness backlash? Was the word "Sheikhs" in their name causing them to be targeted for hate crimes or something? :confused: They furthermore added a tagline, "America's Favorite". Wahoo! Can you see the red white and blue flag waving in the breeze, LOL? How about a logo of a guy on a camel wearing an iPod and sneakers and riding to the mall or something? It's pretty sad when some corporate marketer has to tell a company to change its name in order to avoid associating their product with an entire region of the planet.

You should try making your own, I make my own hummus and it's a million times better.

Get a can of chick peas, some lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, bit of sesame seeds (optional) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put into food processer and puree. Then mmm mmmmm.

JD10367 01-05-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1035041)

No, hummus is the yellow shit. The green shit's tabouli... basically chopped parsley, wheat bulghur--whatever the #$*% that is, diced tomato, onion, lemon juice. Not bad, but it's an acquired taste.

Claremonster 01-05-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 1035042)
Dude. Your ancestors ate, like, buffalo ass and stuff. I mean, they'd cut the still-beating heart out of a stag and bite into it. And you're bitching about some #$&%ing chickpeas with lemon juice? :coffee: ROFL

Ha! the Plains indians ate buffalo. I dont' think they ate the ass, though, I think they just cut that part off and saved it for those cold lonely winter nights...

Costanza 01-05-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 1035047)
You should try making your own, I make my own hummus and it's a million times better.

Get a can of chick peas, some lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, bit of sesame seeds (optional) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put into food processer and puree. Then mmm mmmmm.

Do you add the human ass before or after the lemon juice? :huh:

JD10367 01-05-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 1035047)

I bet it's good. LW used to sneer at hummus until we ordered some at California Pizza Kitchen, where they make it so fresh it comes out with a little oil separation to it. I think they put a lot of tahini in it, which is what she likes. We order it every time we go to Foxwoods.

Claremonster 01-05-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 1035053)

:LOL:

JD10367 01-05-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claremonster (Post 1035052)
Ha! the Plains indians ate buffalo. I dont' think they ate the ass, though, I think they just cut that part off and saved it for those cold lonely winter nights...

Makes a good wedding ring. "With this ass, I wed... this ass." ROFL

Bender 01-05-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 1035053)

Depends on if the hooker lets me lick it off her ass or not.

Claremonster 01-05-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 1035061)
Makes a good wedding ring. "With this ass, I wed... this ass." ROFL

Although, I'm tellin ya, if you wasn't one of them there vegetarians that eats human ass spread, you'd probably appreciate buffalo steaks... Mmmm... Mmmmm... good.