Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38224)

Brady's Bunch 09-26-2008 11:17 AM

2. Well you just have to accept that there are players outside of New England who are going to do well...idk how else to put it.
12. Coors>Harpoon

tehrick67 09-26-2008 11:18 AM

rain sucks..

mikiemo83 09-26-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

20. And Ken Dryden can't suffer enough.
especially when teh Bruins drafted him and he choose not to sign

Quote:

24. ....I don't get strip bars at all. You didn't earn it, fellas.
we agree on this

Annihilus 09-26-2008 11:23 AM

Did you want us to merge all of your other threads into this one? We can do that, though it would be a pretty long thread.

Yes, Annihilus is joking. He is capable of doing that from time to time.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilus (Post 917713)
Did you want us to merge all of your other threads into this one? We can do that, though it would be a pretty long thread.

No soap radio.

Annihilus 09-26-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 917730)
No soap radio.

ROFL Brilliant!

PatsFanLisa 09-26-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

14. Seriously, is Troy Brown, today, right now, really not better than any WR on the Pats after Moss, Welker and Gaffney? If we had one game to beat the Russians for world domination, wouldn't we beg him to come out of retirement and slot in at the 4 reciver slot?
Troy Brown, today, right now, is probably a better QB and corner than we have right now, and we would be better off having him on the roster than some that are on there now.

Sons of Anarchy is my favorite new show.

I like my dogs way better than I like most people.

There are a lot of people on this board that I would like to sit down and have a beer with.

Johnny Damon is getting what he deserved - nothing.

I love watching Rodney Harrison play football.

I would rather watch TV than go to a movie and listen to people cough and cell phones ring.

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanLisa (Post 917745)
I would rather watch TV than go to a movie and listen to people cough and cell phones ring.

That reminds me of a thought I've had.

I've noticed that some of the best movie experiences I've ever had are in theaters. I don't go to theaters often, but the last 2 movies I've seen in theaters are Star Wars Episode 3 and The Dark Knight. Both were incredibly awesome, whereas often I'll watch a movie on TV, and usually I enjoy them (otherwise I'd be watching something else) but quite often it'll just be mediocre enjoyment. I'm not sure if it's because of the difference between seeing something in the theater and seeing it on TV, or if it's just that Episode 3 and The Dark Knight were just such great movies, it's skewing the comparison.

Ray Crittenden 09-26-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 917683)
1. Bill Simmons now totally bores me when he isn't writing about Boston sports....pop culture, Vegas, gambling, fantasy....snooze.

He really is not funny or interesting anymore. I dont know what happend, but I get two paragraphs into his column and just stop reading.

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 11:49 AM

I have a hard time being a football Mom cause the coaches can be such douchewaffles though I know they have a plan.

I miss New England and the people I just saw there.

Most people bore the pants off of me(odd saying that.;))

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 12:41 PM

I was also thinking of learning to shoot and getting a gun to take on hikes with me because some people I ran into during my hike today were stopped watching something then asked..

"Did you see the mountain lion?"

Kind of scary that I didn't cause I was so focused on watching out for diamondbacks.:)

PatrietteAz 09-26-2008 12:46 PM

*sighs* George..you nailed it buddy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ4SSvVbhLw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ4SSvVbhLw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TBrownslady 09-26-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

2. Speaking of fantasy, how do you people who play it remotely handle rooting against your favorite teams for even a nanosecond? Seems untenable.

I play fantasy sports and I never root against the Pats. Usually what I will do is sit the players that are playing the Pats that week. Just because I don't wanna be sitting there like damn I hope he gets some passes so I can get some points!! And I would rather lose that week than root against my team.

Also, there can be players that have a great week for you but their team still loses.

Hope that helps a lil bit :)

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 12:53 PM

Danny Ainge is not a good GM. That is all.

patsload 09-26-2008 12:55 PM

lay off Dryden

Michigan Dave 09-26-2008 12:56 PM

Random Responses.

Quote:

1. Bill Simmons now totally bores me when he isn't writing about Boston sports....pop culture, Vegas, gambling, fantasy....snooze.

Still better than Rick Reilly.

Quote:

2. Speaking of fantasy, how do you people who play it remotely handle rooting against your favorite teams for even a nanosecond? Seems untenable.
I loathe fantasy football. I hate it. I would've become a cutter if I had Ronnie Brown on "my" team. I refuse to play. Since I'm not in the NFL, rooting for the Patriots is my "fantasy" football.

Quote:

3. I'm psyched for Lost to start again.
Replace Lost with The Office. I DVRed it.

Quote:

4. Madmen rocks. Best show on non-premum cable ever.
Don't know what that means.

Quote:

5. Even though I hate the Colts, the Colts regulars on here are pretty good, even when they write stupid things.
I like them, too. It makes me feel all like the Crying Game.

Quote:

6. Damn, I miss the Bruins being relevant.
World Champion Red Wings!!! w00t!!

Quote:

7. Brady getting injured in the first quarter of the first game after the Abomination...just not right. Really bad.
Repressed memory.

Quote:

8. Willie McGinest should have never left.
Willie for Heisman.

Quote:

9. Damon's comment that we don't know what we lost -- after the Sox won a WS without him -- is truly mind blowing.
Eff the MFYs.

Quote:

10. Very few things beat good sex.
World championships and football in the snow are two of them.

Quote:

11. I'm one of the few people I know who loves dogs and cats equally.
I have 2 dogs and 3 cats.

Quote:

12. There is no better beer than Harpoon. There's really no beer that's even close.
Pabst Blue Ribbon, son. Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Quote:

13. I'd be embarassed to order a latte.
The Starbucks logo is my mistress, but lattes are for pusssies.

Quote:

14. Seriously, is Troy Brown, today, right now, really not better than any WR on the Pats after Moss, Welker and Gaffney? If we had one game to beat the Russians for world domination, wouldn't we beg him to come out of retirement and slot in at the 4 reciver slot?
We would beat the Russians 77-0 in football. Unless we were playing for vodka, in which case, Russia -17.

Quote:

15. I'm simply amazed that people will vote for Obama. Sarah Palin nailed him but good during her speech.
I hate Obama with the power of 1,000 suns.

Quote:

16. I have never strayed, I will never stray and I think cheating on the spouse sucks. People make mistakes, we're all human, I judge none of you who have done it or who are doing it now. But I do think it sucks. That said, if Sarah called me and invited to dinner...tough one.
+1, strike "Sarah" and replace with "Scarlett."

Quote:

17. Patriots Planet is a damn good place.
Fact.

Quote:

18. Matt Cassel...man do I hope I'm wrong about him.
Matt Cassel is the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

Quote:

19. The WHA really phucked the Bruins. They were poised for a wicked dynasty in the early 70s.
The Red Wings sucked until Steve Yzerman came.

Quote:

20. And Ken Dryden can't suffer enough.
Strike, replace with Claude Lemieux.

Quote:

21. I know you people think I'm a lunatic, but things like Yankee players getting badly hurt duirng games spark not one pang of empathy or sympathy from me. Not even a little, teeny, tiny bit.
Fact. Add "Colt, Avalanche, Buckeye, Tomlinpuss and Spur" to that list.

Quote:

22. Have there ever been better sports executives in Boston than Ainge, Epstein and Pioli/BB? Chiarelli, you are not included in that list.
No.

Quote:

23. When did great TV totally pass movies as the best form of non-sports entertainment?
When movies started making movies about movies that already happened.

Quote:

24. I love tits, I love women, I love pussey....I don't get strip bars at all. You didn't earn it, fellas.
Strip clubs are stupid. Get a real bitch to come over and give the live show (assuming you aren't too scared to talk to her.) Also, backwoods strip clubs are OK for the unintentional comedy.

Quote:

25. Damn, I'm pissed that I missed the Beatles live.
Music. Meh.

26. Random lists are awesome.

pookie 09-26-2008 12:56 PM

I've been thinking lately that somebody in sports medicine needs to design a super lightweight type of brace that an athlete could wear on their leg/knee which would almost eliminate the chance of a knee bending backward or sideways, getting rid of ACL/MCL injuries. It would allow almost full mobility (of course it couldn't give 100%), but coiuld be worn by players like QB's.

I'm sure this is a dumb idea for many reasons, but I just don't know why...

mikiemo83 09-26-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 917918)
I've been thinking lately that somebody in sports medicine needs to design a super lightweight type of brace that an athlete could wear on their leg/knee which would almost eliminate the chance of a knee bending backward or sideways, getting rid of ACL/MCL injuries. It would allow almost full mobility (of course it couldn't give 100%), but coiuld be worn by players like QB's.

Just a thought - to immobilize the knee you would put stress on the bones of the leg with the brace possibly breaking the bone

which is more severe an injury

Michigan Dave 09-26-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 917918)

USC has their QBs wear braces on the plant leg.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 917909)
Danny Ainge is not a good GM. That is WRONG.

Fixed that for you.

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

That is foolish.

He just orchestrated all the necessary moves to hang #17 didn't he?

With a good chance to do it again.

What more are you looking for?

Michigan Dave 09-26-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 917944)

I dunno...in between flinging his own poo, there's a good chance a monkey could fleece Kevin McHale in a trade...

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 917944)
That is foolish.

With a good chance to do it again.

What more are you looking for?

Kevin McHale did that.

I'm sorry, Danny Ainge is one of my favorite players. I cried for a week when he was traded. But please, what the hell did he do the last decade? Sebastian Telfair anyone? Yeah, that was brilliant. Chauncey? Joe Johnson?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell that we got #17 but I sat back as this team was rebuilt, and rebuilt and rebuilt. I'll give Danny some credit for this year, but make no mistake, this was more Kevin giving some more love back to Boston.

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 01:20 PM

And Ray Allen. Where exactly did Kevin fit into that little nugget? Which prompted KG to rethink his stand on Boston. I don't think you're really seeing it as clear as you think you are.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 917968)
Kevin McHale did that.

I'm sorry, Danny Ainge is one of my favorite players. I cried for a week when he was traded. But please, what the hell did he do the last decade? Sebastian Telfair anyone? Yeah, that was brilliant. Chauncey? Joe Johnson?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell that we got #17 but I sat back as this team was rebuilt, and rebuilt and rebuilt. I'll give Danny some credit for this year, but make no mistake, this was more Kevin giving some more love back to Boston.

Nah. Ray Ray. Posey. House. The prior picks that resulted in players that were attractive to McHale and Seattle.

And getting guys like Rajon and Perk. Keeping Pierce.

The Celts are set up to be serious contenders for the next 2-3 years.

Give Ainge his props or show us your pair. It's one or the other, sister.

And MD, I liked your responses....but PBR? Isn't that just another generic form of Bud like piss? I mean, there's a time and a place for generic beer. But let's not pretend it's anywhere near Harpoon.
Ainge turned chicken shit into chicken almondine overnight.

johnlocke 09-26-2008 01:21 PM

Danny hasn't been here for a decade and Chauncy was Rick Pitino's deal. :shrug:

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 917982)
Danny hasn't been here for a decade and Chauncy was Rick Pitino's deal. :shrug:

Pitino is a flaming piece of crap, I do not acknowledge his disgusting existence here.

Guys, I understand that Danny has done some good things, I just think it was a perfect storm and he got lucky. DS...you really going to praise him for getting Posey while he just let him walk when it is CLEAR how very much he is needed. Really?

I love this team and am stoked for the next couple seasons but I'm not putting Ainge or Doc into GM/Coach Boston lore yet.

WisColtFan7 09-26-2008 01:33 PM

-My feet hurt

-Is there a better season than fall in the northern half of the US, other than winter in Hawaii?

-Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego now?

-And why is it that U2 STILL hasn't found what they're looking for more than 20 years later? Ever think of stopping and asking for directions?

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918000)
Pitino is a flaming piece of crap, I do not acknowledge his disgusting existence here.

Guys, I understand that Danny has done some good things, I just think it was a perfect storm and he got lucky. DS...you really going to praise him for getting Posey while he just let him walk when it is CLEAR how very much he is needed. Really?

I love this team and am stoked for the next couple seasons but I'm not putting Ainge or Doc into GM/Coach Boston lore yet.

Even BB has had some shitty drafts TG. Look at Chad Jackson. All of last year's(except MAYBE Merriweather). None of them will bat 1.000.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 918021)
Even BB has had some shitty drafts TG. Look at Chad Jackson. All of last year's(except MAYBE Merriweather). None of them will bat 1.000.

We can agree to disagree on this one. We'll see in a few years if Danny keeps it going.

Brady's Bunch 09-26-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

LOL and Doc Rivers is an awful coach right?

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918000)

Really.

Great coaches and GMs make mistakes.

I agree that they should have kept Posey. The difference was one year/$6mm. But has it occurred to you that ownership might have killed that? They might have said no.

Either way, your line about Danny and the Posey thing is like saying:

"Are you really going to praise BB for in game decision making given the idiotic 4th and 13 call?"

The answer to both is yes, I'm going to praise them. I think both decisions were quite bad but, on the whole, Danny and Bill are awesome.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradys Bunch (Post 918049)
LOL and Doc Rivers is an awful coach right?

Not great is a better description. Want to tell me his record as HC before the Big 3?

johnlocke 09-26-2008 02:08 PM

But what did he have to work with in Boston before that?

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918070)
Really.

Great coaches and GMs make mistakes.

I agree that they should have kept Posey. The difference was one year/$6mm. But has it occurred to you that ownership might have killed that? They might have said no.

Either way, your line about Danny and the Posey thing is like saying:

"Are you really going to praise BB for in game decision making given the idiotic 4th and 13 call?"

The answer to both is yes, I'm going to praise them. I think both decisions were quite bad but, on the whole, Danny and Bill are awesome.

BB has made one really head scratching decision...Danny has made a few.

This is no big deal guys...we just disagree.:shrug:

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlocke (Post 918085)
But what did he have to work with in Boston before that?

Paul Pierce, Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo (who's career he would have absolutely killed if not for Ray Allen saving him):shrug:

And I'm talking his career as a HC in totality..not just in Boston.

ParanoidPatriot 09-26-2008 02:18 PM

1.Theres no such thing as a sucky golf coarse
2. the dumbest people I know have higher education
3. being a parent is the most important job and most are not qualified to do it.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918090)
BB has made one really head scratching decision...Danny has made a few.

This is no big deal guys...we just disagree.:shrug:

It's just odd to read something sooooooo.....ungrateful.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918325)
It's just odd to read something sooooooo.....ungrateful.

Ungrateful? Wow. I don't see it that way. I'm merely saying I'm not buying any tickets to worship at an altar yet.:shrug:

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 03:55 PM

You are coming down kinda hard on the guy considering he manipulated the pieces he had well enough to bring a championship home.

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute (Post 918338)
You are coming down kinda hard on the guy considering he manipulated the pieces he had well enough to bring a championship home.

Okay fine. I give, you all win. Danny Ainge is a great GM.

Now tell me how I feel about Cassel.;)

Dwight Schrute 09-26-2008 04:07 PM

Incomplete.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 918330)
Ungrateful? Wow. I don't see it that way. I'm merely saying I'm not buying any tickets to worship at an altar yet.:shrug:

The guy was Exec of the year and made a series of moves that transformed your team from the cellar to champions in one season....and your reaction is "he's not so great; if the guy whose pants he took down wasn't so lousy, he would be deserving of less credit...."

I dunno, I do quibble with his Posey decision this year (if it was his decision)....but I think he's a pretty damned good GM, and I do think that there's a wide gap between worship and saying that he's not a good GM or whatever you first said.

Costanza 09-26-2008 04:24 PM

I always mix up the names Ainge
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...le-Posters.jpg

...with Aiello
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/m...lo_5132820.jpg

A slight difference, no?

JD10367 09-26-2008 04:25 PM

BOU is out of luck. Today, in the window of Newbury Comics, I saw a VPILF shirt with a pic of Palin. Sorry, dude....

tommysgirl 09-26-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918381)
The guy was Exec of the year and made a series of moves that transformed your team from the cellar to champions in one season....and your reaction is "he's not so great; if the guy whose pants he took down wasn't so lousy, he would be deserving of less credit...."

I dunno, I do quibble with his Posey decision this year (if it was his decision)....but I think he's a pretty damned good GM, and I do think that there's a wide gap between worship and saying that he's not a good GM or whatever you first said.

DS..I love your insane passion and insane hatred and I love all your threads and polls. We just don't see eye to eye on this. I think he is a decent GM who had a great year. Nothing more, nothing less.

DarrylStingley 09-26-2008 04:44 PM

Random thought: Need to step away from the computer for a little while....see ya all in a few days.

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrylStingley (Post 918425)
Random thought: Need to step away from the computer for a little while....see ya all in a few days.

Translation: "Sarah Palin is making a campaign stop in my town."

:D

bideau 09-26-2008 07:57 PM

So I show up at CBS Scene tonight, bucket hat in hand, and not a single woman wanted to talk to me. :(

Now I'm back home drinking by myself. I don't understand what went wrong. :huh:

RoadGrader 09-26-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 918545)
So I show up at CBS Scene tonight, bucket hat in hand, and not a single woman wanted to talk to me. :(

Now I'm back home drinking by myself. I don't understand what went wrong. :huh:

take the Planet Vow of Celibacy (PVOC) like I have and you won't have the heartache of miss trying to swing and then missing

see? :D

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadGrader (Post 918548)
take the Planet Vow of Celibacy (PVOC) like I have and you won't have the heartache of miss trying to swing and then missing

see? :D

Now I see your strategy. You're hoping if you get everybody else to become celibate, that will leave all teh wimmenz for you.

sir_drinkalot 09-26-2008 08:17 PM

I dont have it on tape..but I MUST look like an idiot playing with my wii.

RoadGrader 09-26-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 (Post 918549)
Now I see your strategy. You're hoping if you get everybody else to become celibate, that will leave all teh wimmenz for you.

don't try too hard to "see" anything that rhymes or reasons w/ me kid ---- this is a random thought thread.....this is what I DO HERE.....ALL TEH TIME ---->random thoughts

think about it :spock: :Lecture:

and another thing, the weather men ALL SAID the Greater Boston area would have 3 days STRAIGHT OF TORRENTIAL RAINS and yet the RedSox are playing the MFYs as we speak so I would say F*** ALL the weather men but I can't being that I'm in a PVOC currently

sir_drinkalot 09-26-2008 08:51 PM

* Dogs main source of ID is the pattern on their nose. I find this funny. Dont know why. I guess I have visions of them getting 'nose' printed at the police station.

* Schedule your Colonoscopy for the morning. The rest of the day will fly by.

* Bacardi and Diet Coke..gets the job done. :)

* If Clay Aiken and K.D Lang danced, who would lead? My money is on Ms Lang. And would we know the difference?

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadGrader (Post 918551)
and another thing, the weather men ALL SAID the Greater Boston area would have 3 days STRAIGHT OF TORRENTIAL RAINS and yet the RedSox are playing the MFYs as we speak so I would say F*** ALL the weather men but I can't being that I'm in a PVOC currently

So you're saying if you weren't in this "PVOC", you'd be F***ing weather men?

WTF? "Ovah?"

chiefsgal* 09-26-2008 09:23 PM

how do they get the creme inside twinkies.....:shrug::jester:

tehrick67 09-26-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsgal* (Post 918558)

It's a secret:coffee:

bideau 09-26-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsgal* (Post 918558)

Ever seen American Pie?

chiefsgal* 09-26-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 918559)
It's a secret:coffee:

:banghead:

chiefsgal* 09-26-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 918561)
Ever seen American Pie?

:blink:

JD10367 09-26-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinkalot (Post 918550)
I dont have it on tape..but I MUST look like an idiot playing with my wii.

Don't worry about it, we all do, especially at the end when we look like this guy...

http://loca114.tripod.com/sitebuilde...g.w300h418.jpg

SteelerFan87 09-26-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 918567)
Don't worry about it, we all do, especially at the end when we look like this guy...

http://loca114.tripod.com/sitebuilde...g.w300h418.jpg

A tripod?

I don't think such a guy would have to worry about playing with his own wii. I'm sure he would have many females who would like to come over for some "multiplayer" gaming. :thumb:

JD10367 09-28-2008 11:20 AM

Scarlett Johansson married Ryan Reynolds yesterday.

Black armbands with "SJ" on them will be distributed to all +MMs during the mourning period.

GFY 09-28-2008 08:07 PM

I don't have enough evidence, so I can't prove it, but.......

I swear to GOD NFL games broadcast on CBS take at least 20 minutes longer than any other network.

Every frieking tv timeout is at least a 6 minute commercial break. :banghead:

Annihilus 09-28-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFY (Post 919645)
I don't have enough evidence, so I can't prove it, but.......

I swear to GOD NFL games broadcast on CBS take at least 20 minutes longer than any other network.

Every frieking tv timeout is at least a 6 minute commercial break. :banghead:

Actually, every network is consistent. All commercial breaks (except for those at halftime) are 1:50 long...almost always without exception. (10 years experience editing commercials from Patriots games told Annihilus that).

DarrylStingley 09-29-2008 08:20 AM

I wish that the Raiders and Rams didn't suck out loud as much as they did yesterday.

tehrick67 09-29-2008 08:23 AM

Monday mornings blow.

JD10367 09-29-2008 02:18 PM

The economy is crashing. All the cable news networks are covering the disaster like it's the Hindenberg (which, financially, it is). Everyone's eyes are glued to the coverage, listening to why it failed, watching the little box in the corner showing the spiraling Dow (now down over 600). To this riveting, desperate stage, Barney Frank just stepped up and made his biggest public address of his life. Most of the country was watching.

Dude. Couldn't you put your $#&*ing teeth in first, fer crissake?!? :shake:

JD10367 09-29-2008 02:18 PM

Crap, he's back again. Teeth, man, teeth! Put 'em in, grandpa!

easycome_easygo 09-29-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 920678)
Crap, he's back again. Teeth, man, teeth! Put 'em in, grandpa!

What the hell is going on here? ROFL

JD10367 09-30-2008 04:30 PM

On the way to Chili's last night, LW and I noticed that a Trader Joe's is opening in Warwick, RI. woohoo No more road trips to MA to visit one!

JD10367 09-30-2008 05:14 PM

This week's TV Guide has pictures of the women from "Desperate Housewives". MILFs one and all, but Dana Delaney especially is just... :bhump: :Ohbaby: :hump: woohoo :thumb:

JD10367 09-30-2008 09:52 PM

Cellphones are made very cheaply nowadays. You peg one at a concrete floor and they don't work any more. :shrug:

Oh, yeah... I need to work on my anger-management issues, especially towards inanimate objects...

SteelerFan87 10-01-2008 11:08 AM

My birthday is tomorrow!

:) :toast:

easycome_easygo 10-01-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 (Post 923090)
My birthday is tomorrow!

Awesome! My birthday is tomorrow too! Just joking, mine is in March but hope you're here so that I can say Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!!! :toast:

Claremonster 10-01-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

My birthday is tomorrow!

Happy Birthday tomorrow. :toast:

SteelerFan87 10-01-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VYF (Post 923134)
Awesome! My birthday is tomorrow too! Just joking, mine is in March but hope you're here so that I can say Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!!! :toast:

When in March? I'll remember. (no I won't. But I'll try. :thumb: )

easycome_easygo 10-01-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 (Post 923139)
When in March? I'll remember. (no I won't. But I'll try. :thumb: )

March 1st! Which is also National Smile Day! :)

Costanza 10-01-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VYF (Post 923142)
March 1st! Which is also National Smile Day! :)

March 2nd is a much cooler day. :p

easycome_easygo 10-01-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923147)

LOL because it's your birthday and you're older! :p LOL I'm joking! :hug:

Costanza 10-01-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VYF (Post 923150)
LOL because it's your birthday and you're older! :p LOL I'm joking! :hug:

:o :p :toast:

JD10367 10-01-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

My birthday is tomorrow!

Who gives a rat's ass. Someone who's REALLY important has a birthday the day AFTER tomorrow.

DChester. :D

babalu87 10-01-2008 11:44 AM

If the spot where me and my hunting partner put up tree stands yesterday afternoon doesnt produce at least two deer during bow season it will be an
EPIC
FAIL

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

That's my dad's birthday :)

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 923177)
That's my dad's birthday :)

Awesome. And Jon Bon Jovi's. And Ben Rothlessburger. :D

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 923155)
Who gives a rat's ass. Someone who's REALLY important has a birthday the day AFTER tomorrow.

DChester. :D

Your birthday is the day of the bachelorette party!! That's also my cousin's birthday too!

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:00 PM

BTW, I frickin' love your sig.

I damn near got tears in my eyes when I read he said that. :thumb:

tommysgirl 10-01-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

That's the day I was adopted..it's my 2nd bday.

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 923183)
That's the day I was adopted..it's my 2nd bday.

Maybe that's why we are alike... ;)

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923179)
Awesome. And Jon Bon Jovi's. And Ben Rothlessburger. :D

yeah but you and my dad are WAY cooler

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923182)
BTW, I frickin' love your sig.

I damn near got tears in my eyes when I read he said that. :thumb:

wuv he makes me smile

tommysgirl 10-01-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923185)
Maybe that's why we are alike... ;)

Especially since it was almost the same year.:rolleyes:

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommysgirl (Post 923197)
Especially since it was almost the same year.:rolleyes:

Yeah, totally. :kissbutt:

easycome_easygo 10-01-2008 12:08 PM

The hottie Jensen Ackles shares my birthday. :heart:

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 923188)
yeah but you and my dad are WAY cooler

Wowza! Really? Maybe we should introduce ourselves to BB. If we are indeed cooler than JBJ then we are in like Flynn!

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923208)
Wowza! Really? Maybe we should introduce ourselves to BB. If we are indeed cooler than JBJ then we are in like Flynn!

LOL If you met my dad you would understand and well you, we all know how cool you are from here :) My dad talks like the guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but the stories he tells and the way he tells him crack me the hell up LOL Poor guy if I poke a lil fun at the way he says certain words he's always like why you wanna make fun on me! LOL

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrownslady (Post 923214)
LOL If you met my dad you would understand and well you, we all know how cool you are from here :) My dad talks like the guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but the stories he tells and the way he tells him crack me the hell up LOL Poor guy if I poke a lil fun at the way he says certain words he's always like why you wanna make fun on me! LOL

I am sure he is a peach seeing how you come from him! Probably a fun household, especially with all that sheep ass flying around. :D

TBrownslady 10-01-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jh (Post 923216)
I am sure he is a peach seeing how you come from him! Probably a fun household, especially with all that sheep ass flying around. :D

ROFL well you know how us Greeks roll. Sheeps everywhere and we all stink ;)

Kidding of course :D and thank you :kisss:

babalu87 10-01-2008 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Costanza 10-01-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babalu87 (Post 923244)

And you are the big cock I presume?:arrr: